Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrino hired at WKU
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...illtoppers

Lets hear it RIUTG, how many points is WKU going to beat UK by next year?
Darn - I rushed on here to break this when we heard it at work and Rivals was down.

The first person I texted about it beats me to it lol
Petrino is in the state of KY...Guts force is getting strongerConfusedhh:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Well, WKU and Bowling Green either went up or down on this one. Time will tell. I will refrain for comments that are tempting.
MVP2 Wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...illtoppers

After I read the story and Petrino's quotes, I'll have to say WKU is very hard up to win and Petrino has never been repentant. He wasn't even sorry he got caught. He was just sorry he got fired. How long?
Western Kentucky University hires Bobby Petrino as their new Head Coach. WKU Coughs up $850,000 a year, plus incentives. They're trying hard to build a football program. I hope his past does not catch up with him.
Has he ever ruined a program?
This could turn into a nightmare for BARNHEAD.
WKU chose to win now for a season or two. UK chose to build a program. Next season, WKU might win. They won this season with Wille, why wouldn't they win next season when the new coach is changing the defensive scheme AND there is a new coach at every position? If UK wins this game next season, I will be pleasantly surprised.
South Florida got the best of this deal.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Has he ever ruined a program?

Just Arkansas.
Gut is buying season tickets as we speak
toussaints Wrote:Gut is buying season tickets as we speak

For Western!
MVP2 Wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...illtoppers

Lets hear it RIUTG, how many points is WKU going to beat UK by next year?

Out of all of the schools that hired coaches this year, it is highly ironice that WKU made the best hire.

God help us all.
We thought this year loss to Western was embarrassing? Try a 40 point loss next year!

One this is for sure, this puts a huge amount of pressure on Stoops to win that game or Barney will never hear the end of it.

GREAT hire Western. Easily the favorites in that conference now.
He didnt ruin Arkansas.
Arkansas was ruined when they made the mistake of firing him.

He was competing at Arkansas in the toughest division in college football.
I could care less about what a guy is doing at home. I only watch the games on saturdays.
When they booted him, they felt it all year. Had he still been there, he would have been competetive.
I feel much better after watching the press conference. It lasted about an hour. He said he has spent the last 8 months trying to fix his family and making things right. He admitted he has made many mistakes.
How is the volleyball program taking this news?
You haven't heard? The Volleyball program has been dissolved.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Out of all of the schools that hired coaches this year, it is highly ironice that WKU made the best hire.

God help us all.
We thought this year loss to Western was embarrassing? Try a 40 point loss next year!

One this is for sure, this puts a huge amount of pressure on Stoops to win that game or Barney will never hear the end of it.

GREAT hire Western. Easily the favorites in that conference now.

I don't think that WKU. has the offense players next yr to beat someone by 40 because they used to pound the ball running,now if he stays,which he probally wont then,they may.
LWC Wrote:WKU chose to win now for a season or two. UK chose to build a program. Next season, WKU might win. They won this season with Wille, why wouldn't they win next season when the new coach is changing the defensive scheme AND there is a new coach at every position? If UK wins this game next season, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Well, we can hope. UK took another unproven coach with zero head coaching experience! I'm going to be hopeful, but odds go against Assistant Coaches who take over large programs (see Joker Phillips). Stoops is a great name, with a great desire to succeed! To say that UK is building towards the future with Stoops is EXACTLY like saying my retirement plan is based on playing the lottery: The payout could be great, but the odds are against me every hitting the jackpot!
It blows my mind when I hear people talk about Western hiring Bob Petrino and say it's a bad hire.

I wouldn't imagine that this took any deliberation.

As soon as Petrino showed interest they offered him the job.
^ Exactly! I'd have taken him and his baggage any day. Far be it from UK to not take someone with baggage....
Scumbag will never be the same. Too tarnished. I'd have taken Taggert in a heartbeat.
^ I know what you mean about scumbags, be we want to put degrees of "dirt" to our tolerance of scumbags. BUT - A scumbag is a scumbag, no matter the level of scum they have waded through....

So, if we are going to accept a little scum, then we must accept it all....

....For me, I accept the scum as long as they win and are smart enough to not get caught doing it again....
FBALL Wrote:How is the volleyball program taking this news?
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:notworthy
WKU will be the next louisville, the situation is very similar to louisvilles before they went bigtime. Mark my words ten years from now WKU will be a Big East caliber program.
Stardust Wrote:^ Exactly! I'd have taken him and his baggage any day. Far be it from UK to not take someone with baggage....

I mean...
an extra-marital affair...
be it a disgrace and sickening...
has no affects on this guy's ability to coach a team.

If he would have done it without wrecking a motorcycle he wouldn't have got in trouble.
This is an awesome hire for WKU, being what everyone calls a scumbag or not the fact remains this guy can flat out coach. I hate to say it but he will put WKU on the right path and then will be gone for a better/bigger gig somewhere else in a few short years, but WKU will enjoy winning while he is there, for UK's sake i hope they can win that game or alot of questioning of Barnhart's decision will begin....
One thing I found interesting is that he has a 4 year contract and an ovwr 1 million penalty if he leaves before the 4 years are over.
LWC Wrote:One thing I found interesting is that he has a 4 year contract and an ovwr 1 million penalty if he leaves before the 4 years are over.

Isn't that standard with any contract?