Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heisman Predictions?
The 3 finalist are announced.

Johnny Manziel (Texas AM)

Collin Klein (K State)

Manti Te'o (Notre Dame)

Who will hold up the trophy Saturday? (let's not be biased)

I think Manti Te'o wins. He was the anchor of that #1 statistic defense in the country. The defense is the main reason why they are in the nation title game. I think it will be a close voting though, each candidate has a strong argument on why they should win.
Johnny Football wins.
who i think should win: Johnny Manziel

who i think will win: Manti Te'o

a large number of heisman voters refuse to vote for freshmen under any circumstance. it's stupid, but happens. However, if Te'o wins, he'll deserve it
Johnny Manziel should win; and how he dominated as a redshirt freshman, should make his case unbelievably hard to vote against. But if Te'o won I'd not be a sad man, he's very deserving as well.
Johnny Football should win no doubt.

Dont know if the voters will go for it though.
For some reason there has been a love affair with teo all year.
Johnny Football should win no doubt.

Dont know if the voters will go for it though.
For some reason there has been a love affair with teo all year.
toussaints Wrote:who i think should win: Johnny Manziel

who i think will win: Manti Te'o

a large number of heisman voters refuse to vote for freshmen under any circumstance. it's stupid, but happens. However, if Te'o wins, he'll deserve it

^this........yes Johnny Football should win hands down, but he is a Freshman and isn't playing for the National Championship.
Manti Te'o
I am going with Johnny Football of Texas A&M.
If Johnny Manziel doesn't win, this award will lose A LOT of respect from me and quite a few others...it's as clear-cut as can be really.
MVP2 Wrote:The 3 finalist are announced.

Johnny Manziel (Texas AM)

Collin Klein (K State)

Manti Te'o (Notre Dame)

Who will hold up the trophy Saturday? (let's not be biased)

I think Manti Te'o wins. He was the anchor of that #1 statistic defense in the country. The defense is the main reason why they are in the nation title game. I think it will be a close voting though, each candidate has a strong argument on why they should win.

Manti isn't even the best player at his position. If it wasnt for the Irish hype he would be a non factor.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Manti isn't even the best player at his position. If it wasnt for the Irish hype he would be a non factor.

i disagree, if anything, Te'o has saved this defense.
^

The hype exactly, ND is #1 in the country because of their defense, 12-0 because of their defense, best player on their defense yup Manti. Becoming #1 in the country brings a lot of hype. Manti deff deserve to be in NYC and if you dont think that your crazy. Te'o might not win the award that was just my prediction.
MVP2 Wrote:^

The hype exactly, ND is #1 in the country because of their defense, 12-0 because of their defense, best player on their defense yup Manti. Becoming #1 in the country brings a lot of hype. Manti deff deserve to be in NYC and if you dont think that your crazy. Te'o might not win the award that was just my prediction.

That still doesn't make him the best player.
^

Makes him worthy enough to be mentioned and get the invite to NYC.
Johnny football should win this, but i have a feeling they won't give it to a freshman and it will go to te'o, which i suppose is fine, very good football player...
MVP2 Wrote:^

Makes him worthy enough to be mentioned and get the invite to NYC.

He's still not the best defensive player in the nation.

Why isn't Georgia's Jarvis Jones and South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney being mentioned?
I don't think being a freshman will have anything to do with this. From what I've seen from analysts and such, Manziel is the slight favorite. It will be a close race.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He's still not the best defensive player in the nation.

Why isn't Georgia's Jarvis Jones and South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney being mentioned?

In a non-trolling way and being as nice as i can, why is everyone so high on Teo?
I agree with WC, there are better defensive players out there.
there are better player, but te'o had a better season. if it was strictly for talent, jarvis jones wins heisman
Johnny Football wins.

No disrespect to Manti Te'o, but I agree with others that Jones or Clowney are just as good if not better.
I don't even care who wins this year. Oh yeah, Jarvis Jones > Te'o every day of the week. Hype can do amazing things I guess.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a non-trolling way and being as nice as i can, why is everyone so high on Teo?
I agree with WC, there are better defensive players out there.
He plays for Notre Dame
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Teo is totally deserving of a Heisman nod...
and IMO he wins it.

I know a lot is being made of Clowney and Jones on here...
but it's a lot easier to stand out with a pretty good defense than it is to stand out on a defense that by my count has 5 games that they didn't allow a touchdown in.

Also by my count...
allowed 2 TDs or less - 11 times

The one time they allowed more than 2 TDs was in a triple OT game.

I'm just throwing this out there for you guys to chew on - but like MVP said....
best player on the best defensive team.

There should be no one on here saying anything negative about him lol
I think Johnny Football will win it....

but....

Wasn't he 3rd team all-american.... How can he be the best player if he's not even the best QB....

praying for Manti to win, he has earned it....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
and Johnny Manziel is the winner
zaga_fan Wrote:Teo is totally deserving of a Heisman nod...
and IMO he wins it.

I know a lot is being made of Clowney and Jones on here...
but it's a lot easier to stand out with a pretty good defense than it is to stand out on a defense that by my count has 5 games that they didn't allow a touchdown in.

Also by my count...
allowed 2 TDs or less - 11 times

The one time they allowed more than 2 TDs was in a triple OT game.

I'm just throwing this out there for you guys to chew on - but like MVP said....
best player on the best defensive team.

There should be no one on here saying anything negative about him lol

They. Team. Words that are not related to just one person.

They may have the best team defense in the league. But it's not a team award.