• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bell County Bobcats
How will Bell Co. do with the starters lost and what kind of schedule, besides district, do they have?

I know we lost Polly and Collett at the running back positions and most of the offensive line.....could be a long year on Log Mountain.
Lee Majors Field/ Bradner's Stadium will be ROCKING when the Bobcats come to town next season.
How many seniors did Bell lose?
Granny Bear Wrote:How many seniors did Bell lose?
I'm really not sure, but it was quite a few. Both running backs, most of the offensive line...probably going to be a rebuilding year next year for Bell unless some serious work is done in the off season and the younger guys step up.
Even still should the Bobcats make the Regional Championship game?
^
I would think so.
Not sure about number of Seniors but they loose 7 on offense that started against Central and 6 on defense. They will be young but will be ok IF they work this off-season which I think they will. The players and coaches know what it takes to win and they will pay the price.
We lost 16 seniors! Return QB, TE, FB, And One lineman on offense. Def. Return Return 3 maybe. One of these goes both ways. A lot to replace.
TopCat Wrote:Not sure about number of Seniors but they loose 7 on offense that started against Central and 6 on defense. They will be young but will be ok IF they work this off-season which I think they will. The players and coaches know what it takes to win and they will pay the price.

I agree they will work hard and get things going.

Bell County will reload and be fine.
Bell will be fine i think. they have a good tradition for winning, they know what it takes to win, and even though they will be young they always find a way...I know its a year away but already stoked for the HC/BC game, both teams always bring it and the environment is awesome....UGH so long till next season...hahahaha
The young kids are getting a little older and Bell County will be back in the near future. It's the mountains, people just don't move in our booming economy with all our plentiful job openings and set up shop. :-)
Bell will reload and be fine.
I look for Bell Co. to be a 6-4 or 7-3 type team next year. That is not a bad year, but not a normal Bell Co. season. Bell Co. I have heard does have some really good young kids, so they will be back very soon. I believe the QB is going to be a great one.
Intimidator Wrote:Lee Majors Field/ Bradner's Stadium will be ROCKING when the Bobcats come to town next season.

They do have a fair sound system. :moon:
Need to play better competion out side district and that goes for all schools in eastern kentucky
That's a lot of Seniors, but Bell has an amazing feeder progam.
I'm like bear claw; they'll reload and be fine!
I said this time last year Bell would drop off a little and finish 8-2. Amped and some others thought that was funny at the time.
I think they drop off a little more next year but slowly start picking up again in a couple of years.
You could tell by looking at the middle school/JV teams, but some of the Bell fans seemed to think they won by magic.
ballboy Wrote:Need to play better competion out side district and that goes for all schools in eastern kentucky

They opened up with LexCath, followed by 6A Bryan Station who from an athletic standpoint is as good as anybody in the state.. They then played Whitley County and Middlesboro who are great local games that produce very good gates, especially Middlesboro. They have to play Middlesboro, IMO. So, there is 4 non district games. Then they have their 5 mandatory district games, followed by the border war with Harlan County who just so happened to be a 5A Semi Finalist.

Exactly who do you think they should drop and why?

LexCath- state power
Bryan Station- one of the few teams that closests resembles Central in talent.
Whitley- 5A mountain school
Middlesboro- Civil War game that should always be played
Harlan County- Top 10 5A program 30 miles away.

The only one I think they could even consider letting go would be Whitley, but pick up who in their place? Whitley beat a very good Somerset team this year, I don't care what the conditions were.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:They opened up with LexCath, followed by 6A Bryan Station who from an athletic standpoint is as good as anybody in the state.. They then played Whitley County and Middlesboro who are great local games that produce very good gates, especially Middlesboro. They have to play Middlesboro, IMO. So, there is 4 non district games. Then they have their 5 mandatory district games, followed by the border war with Harlan County who just so happened to be a 5A Semi Finalist.

Exactly who do you think they should drop and why?

LexCath- state power
Bryan Station- one of the few teams that closests resembles Central in talent.
Whitley- 5A mountain school
Middlesboro- Civil War game that should always be played
Harlan County- Top 10 5A program 30 miles away.

The only one I think they could even consider letting go would be Whitley, but pick up who in their place? Whitley beat a very good Somerset team this year, I don't care what the conditions were.
I think a good non district schedule would look like this. Not have any teams that you'd beat by 40. To me that doesn't really make a team playoff ready.

Belfry-should play every year imo
Harlan County-excellent team to schedule
Lex Cath, Bryan Station or any of the bigger 6A programs in the Lex area(Scott County would be another one)
Covington Cath, Highlands, Cooper, Conner or any of the bigger schools in the Northern Ky area
Knox Central

Imagine that the schedule would look like this then:
Belfry
Scott County
Covington Catholic
Knox Central
Regular district games
Harlan County

Now would this get your team playoff ready? I think it would.
BELLBOBCATS Wrote:I think a good non district schedule would look like this. Not have any teams that you'd beat by 40. To me that doesn't really make a team playoff ready.

Belfry-should play every year imo
Harlan County-excellent team to schedule
Lex Cath, Bryan Station or any of the bigger 6A programs in the Lex area(Scott County would be another one)
Covington Cath, Highlands, Cooper, Conner or any of the bigger schools in the Northern Ky area
Knox Central

Imagine that the schedule would look like this then:
Belfry
Scott County
Covington Catholic
Knox Central
Regular district games
Harlan County

Now would this get your team playoff ready? I think it would.

The only games they won blew someone out was in there district and mboro.
Bell plays one of the toughest schedule in the mountains. They play up almost every non district game. Dont forget Whitley only lost 14-7 at Bell. That game needs to continue on forever. It always makes a good gate and its a short trip.

Most bigger 3A-5A mountain schools play very hard schedule.
Considering ballboy's statements, youd think everyone just played each other.

Look at Whitleys schedule for example this past year. Other than Clay and Lynn Camp there werent any bad non district teams.
I dont understand this whole conspiracy that all mountain schools dont play tough schedules.
HDE Wrote:I said this time last year Bell would drop off a little and finish 8-2. Amped and some others thought that was funny at the time.
I think they drop off a little more next year but slowly start picking up again in a couple of years.
You could tell by looking at the middle school/JV teams, but some of the Bell fans seemed to think they won by magic.

Don't see how you can look at JV and MS teams and see that HDE. When was the last time a HC team beat the MS? And this years JV teams were playing without a qb. JV games at Bell are used to get kids ready for Friday not winning JV conference championships.
We will do fine. 7-3 next year. Things will be back soon.
Amped 88 Wrote:Don't see how you can look at JV and MS teams and see that HDE. When was the last time a HC team beat the MS? And this years JV teams were playing without a qb. JV games at Bell are used to get kids ready for Friday not winning JV conference championships.

I picked the Bell County-Harlan County game correctly the last four years doing that.
It's always interesting how fans talk about how bright the future is when they have really good junior high/frosh/JV teams and then say we're just worried about Friday nights when they aren't so special.
Harlan County had two straight unbeaten frosh teams. This year's team wasn't quite as good.
Bell had awesome junior high teams when John Dudley and those guys were playing and then dropped off some the past few years.
Guys, a lot of you are acting like Bell County is into some deep waters, we're gonna be fine. I usually don't agree with or like much that amped says, but he's 100% correct. Bell is going to reload. Polly and Collett were both great backs, but guess what, there's 3-4 more potentially great backs right behind them. Bell JV is used to get kids ready for Friday nights, not as a W/L measuring stick. Also, anyone whose closer to the MS program know what year Treyton Humfleet is in? kid looks like he's gonna be a good one.
HDE Wrote:I picked the Bell County-Harlan County game correctly the last four years doing that.
It's always interesting how fans talk about how bright the future is when they have really good junior high/frosh/JV teams and then say we're just worried about Friday nights when they aren't so special.
Harlan County had two straight unbeaten frosh teams. This year's team wasn't quite as good.
Bell had awesome junior high teams when John Dudley and those guys were playing and then dropped off some the past few years.

You are talking about HC JV and freshmen teams what about the MS teams Bell's JV team wasn't that good this year because they had to use their Qb for varsity. What I am trying to tell you HDE is don't put much into it. Just keep writing articles that is what you do best and the coaches of the teams will continue to work.
Amped 88 Wrote:You are talking about HC JV and freshmen teams what about the MS teams Bell's JV team wasn't that good this year because they had to use their Qb for varsity. What I am trying to tell you HDE is don't put much into it. Just keep writing articles that is what you do best and the coaches of the teams will continue to work.

I predict football games/records better than you to.
I'll put whatever I feel like putting into it. It has worked for me for a long time.
HDE Wrote:I predict football games/records better than you to.
I'll put whatever I feel like putting into it. It has worked for me for a long time.

:notworthy You probably didn't even play football.
And yet I still picked your team's record better than you.
HDE Wrote:And yet I still picked your team's record better than you.

You have to get beaten in order for it to be a rival. First time in how many years?
  • 1(current)
  • Next