Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2006
Yeah
He needs to be about 170 lbs...
From what i hear Cody Reynolds might be the starting back for paintsville
Paintsville should be loaded in the backfield. Hope the line comes around. Need to get those guys in the weightroom NOW.
rockhouse Wrote:Paintsville should be loaded in the backfield. Hope the line comes around. Need to get those guys in the weightroom NOW.

Are they NOT in there already???!!! If not, especially considering how INEXPERIENCED they are, they're going to be WAY behind everybody else. Some teams started their program in-full immediately after the season...that means any that haven't started yet would be about EIGHT WEEKS behind some of their opponents!

And I'm not sure about the "loaded" comment. The RB replacements after Hans went down didn't set the world on fire -- Evarts was a one-man show (D.P.) and I'd venture to say defenses they'll play next year will be good enough to focus on one man (even though he is very, VERY good) and limit him enough to win.

Have to replace a BRUISER of a FB too!

Not saying it can't be done...but not sure if I'd be very optimistic UNLESS there's some real good weightroom work going on...and you're implying it's NOT happening!
they are in the weight room... Have been for about 3 weeks...
TERMINATOR X Wrote:they are in the weight room... Have been for about 3 weeks...

Good...the way I read an earlier post made it sound like they hadn't been:

rockhouse Wrote:...hope the line comes around. Need to get those guys in the weightroom NOW.

Any details Terminator? Anybody showing major improvement? How would you say the attendance/numbers have been?

I wondered if BMR and many of the football staff being involved in bball might have an effect on the rest of the kids getting the proper "push" into the weight room.

Thanks.
Football24_7 Wrote:Are they NOT in there already???!!! If not, especially considering how INEXPERIENCED they are, they're going to be WAY behind everybody else. Some teams started their program in-full immediately after the season...that means any that haven't started yet would be about EIGHT WEEKS behind some of their opponents!

And I'm not sure about the "loaded" comment. The RB replacements after Hans went down didn't set the world on fire -- Evarts was a one-man show (D.P.) and I'd venture to say defenses they'll play next year will be good enough to focus on one man (even though he is very, VERY good) and limit him enough to win.

Have to replace a BRUISER of a FB too!

Not saying it can't be done...but not sure if I'd be very optimistic UNLESS there's some real good weightroom work going on...and you're implying it's NOT happening!

Daniel Pugh was a one man wrecking crew against Evarts, but it wasn't like he scored 10 TD's every game. Yes Daniel is the focus and the main player offensively and in games he didn't produce the Tigers lost such as Somerset and Pikeville. I don't know too many teams that a QB can have a bad game and expect their offenses to produce. Paintsville isn't too concerned about replacing the big bruising FB. Sublett was the starting fullback as a freshman, Ward took over after Sublett was injured and had the game of his life against JC in the Apple Bowl. Subby came back from injury to become a blocking back for the Tigers in 2004 and did well at that along with producing some impressive runs with his limited carries in Chuke's offensive scheme. Subby didn't play much offensive last year. I think the concern is more with replacing Hans at TB with a consistent back. I've heard Reynolds but I think Cantrell will fill that void, if he can carry the load. Which Cantrell was starting TB over Hans as a freshman as well. Hunter Preston is also a possibility at TB. As a freshman, Bear Hunter produced in the backfield when given the opportunity. Although undersized he is a spark plug, much like Patrick Butcher. Paintsville's biggest concern offensively is replacing a line that only returns one player in junior to be J.J. Hensley. Paintsville also returns Justin Stafford who started at tackle while Blake Lemaster was out due to injury. Casey Leonard if he can shake his shingles or staph infection. He's had it twice within the last 6 months, showed promise early in the season last year. Casey Brown, younger brother to former Tiger greats Matt and Ryan Brown showed promise on ST and both lines this season. Most of the basketball players are coming out, having numerous athletes to give Pugh options to throw to is always a plus. Along with an athletic transfer in Cory Humphrey from Lawrence Co., who has said if eligible he'd be willing to play anywhere they can use him. A lot of inexperience but I wouldn't count the Tigers out just yet.

Off season workouts are in full swing I assure you. Assistant Jim Tom Allen, brought back a new improved workout from Pikeville College. Turnouts have been great compared to the past. I've been told as many as 30 kids are showing up for after school workouts. Although this is great, Paintsville needs some other guys to join in. Players who have played in the past but quit due to having to pay dues could help the Tigers tremendously if they'd just come out and workout. Players in this category include lineman Josh Watkins and Donald Nelson. A few other big boys around Paintsville have said they're going to play, but seem to have more important things currently going on. If Paintsville can get a few more lineman out, I think they'll be alright.
nice post
So..do you think Casey Leonard aka RINGO will be able to start this year with all the stuff he is going through right now?????????
Whos that?
Ringo shoudl be better by then... I sure hope he is... That boy works his ass off!
Great post MOJO!!!
TERMINATOR X Wrote:Great post MOJO!!!

Ditto...thanks, Mo.

Over 30 in the weight room is pretty impressive for a school that size.

Not sure what you meant by "have played in the past but quit due to having to pay dues" -- are you saying they weren't willing to work in the past enough to play...would that be good if they were back if they're lazy?

Also, which of the bball kids are you thinking will come out to help at the skilled positions?
rockhouse Wrote:Paintsville should be loaded in the backfield. Hope the line comes around. Need to get those guys in the weightroom NOW.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was just trying to say how important that it is.
MOJO Wrote:Daniel Pugh was a one man wrecking crew against Evarts, but it wasn't like he scored 10 TD's every game. Yes Daniel is the focus and the main player offensively and in games he didn't produce the Tigers lost such as Somerset and Pikeville. I don't know too many teams that a QB can have a bad game and expect their offenses to produce. Paintsville isn't too concerned about replacing the big bruising FB. Sublett was the starting fullback as a freshman, Ward took over after Sublett was injured and had the game of his life against JC in the Apple Bowl. Subby came back from injury to become a blocking back for the Tigers in 2004 and did well at that along with producing some impressive runs with his limited carries in Chuke's offensive scheme. Subby didn't play much offensive last year. I think the concern is more with replacing Hans at TB with a consistent back. I've heard Reynolds but I think Cantrell will fill that void, if he can carry the load. Which Cantrell was starting TB over Hans as a freshman as well. Hunter Preston is also a possibility at TB. As a freshman, Bear Hunter produced in the backfield when given the opportunity. Although undersized he is a spark plug, much like Patrick Butcher. Paintsville's biggest concern offensively is replacing a line that only returns one player in junior to be J.J. Hensley. Paintsville also returns Justin Stafford who started at tackle while Blake Lemaster was out due to injury. Casey Leonard if he can shake his shingles or staph infection. He's had it twice within the last 6 months, showed promise early in the season last year. Casey Brown, younger brother to former Tiger greats Matt and Ryan Brown showed promise on ST and both lines this season. Most of the basketball players are coming out, having numerous athletes to give Pugh options to throw to is always a plus. Along with an athletic transfer in Cory Humphrey from Lawrence Co., who has said if eligible he'd be willing to play anywhere they can use him. A lot of inexperience but I wouldn't count the Tigers out just yet.

Off season workouts are in full swing I assure you. Assistant Jim Tom Allen, brought back a new improved workout from Pikeville College. Turnouts have been great compared to the past. I've been told as many as 30 kids are showing up for after school workouts. Although this is great, Paintsville needs some other guys to join in. Players who have played in the past but quit due to having to pay dues could help the Tigers tremendously if they'd just come out and workout. Players in this category include lineman Josh Watkins and Donald Nelson. A few other big boys around Paintsville have said they're going to play, but seem to have more important things currently going on. If Paintsville can get a few more lineman out, I think they'll be alright.
Graet post MOJO.
Football24_7 Wrote:Ditto...thanks, Mo.

Over 30 in the weight room is pretty impressive for a school that size.

Not sure what you meant by "have played in the past but quit due to having to pay dues" -- are you saying they weren't willing to work in the past enough to play...would that be good if they were back if they're lazy?

Also, which of the bball kids are you thinking will come out to help at the skilled positions?

No not insinuating they were lazy, or even degrading these kids. As for high school sports, we all know as an incoming freshman it is hard to be a starter or get a lot of PT on varsity. The guys I was referring to were lineman, and knew their chance to play would be slim due to the experience and size that was infront of them in this year's graduating line. Rather than sticking around they just have decided not to play. Although I did not say they were lazy or even insinuate it. Watkins could get out and play sports rather than doing whatever he does. I mean the baseball team could use him on the mound this year and the football team could use him upfront and as a kicker. As a freshman Watkins did much of the kicking for the Tigers. As for basketball players, Bundy wants to come out and play. I know he has been in question to many due to his back problems. But from him and his dad, I've heard they're excited about him returning to the gridiron. I've also heard Shane Grimm and Landon Slone are considering playing. Grimm could help due to his hard work ethic and Landon's an athlete could do some catching. Justin Meek has also said he would like to play, he could really help the Tigers upfront.
More players will come out to help the Tigers
There pretty good.
What about Hans' little brother? Any word on him?
Sounds like next year is gonna be an exciting football season for the tigers!! They are fun to watch, although that is the time of year that my job has me out of town alot, so everyone is gonna have to keep me informed....
halfstep Wrote:What about Hans' little brother? Any word on him?

You know what hs?? He slipped my mind to be honest. I'm sure he'll play somewhere. Not sure where, but I'm sure he'll be used in the secondary maybe in the backfield almost positive about ST.
I don't think they can beet Pikeville, but good luck tigers.
i-dono Wrote:I don't think they can beet Pikeville, but good luck tigers.

you may never know...things change all the time...
How many players did they lose?
13 I think, maybe one or two more.
MOJO Wrote:You know what hs?? He slipped my mind to be honest. I'm sure he'll play somewhere. Not sure where, but I'm sure he'll be used in the secondary maybe in the backfield almost positive about ST.

I think that they could really use him in the secondary, seeing they lost Lipps and Hans! He has a good nose for they ball and he is fast! But, like you said earlier, this is High Scool not Middle School. He should be o.k. though. Did hear that his dad is taking over as Head Coach of the Middle School team next year? He is pretty excited about it. Should be interesting, seeing that we lost our entire BF except the QB, if he is even eligible!
halfstep Wrote:I think that they could really use him in the secondary, seeing they lost Lipps and Hans! He has a good nose for they ball and he is fast! But, like you said earlier, this is High Scool not Middle School. He should be o.k. though. Did hear that his dad is taking over as Head Coach of the Middle School team next year? He is pretty excited about it. Should be interesting, seeing that we lost our entire BF except the QB, if he is even eligible!

Yeah I had heard that, kind of suprised me but sounds like a good thing. I think he can help in the secondary too as well.
MOJO Wrote:Daniel Pugh was a one man wrecking crew against Evarts, but it wasn't like he scored 10 TD's every game. Yes Daniel is the focus and the main player offensively and in games he didn't produce the Tigers lost such as Somerset and Pikeville. I don't know too many teams that a QB can have a bad game and expect their offenses to produce. Paintsville isn't too concerned about replacing the big bruising FB. Sublett was the starting fullback as a freshman, Ward took over after Sublett was injured and had the game of his life against JC in the Apple Bowl. Subby came back from injury to become a blocking back for the Tigers in 2004 and did well at that along with producing some impressive runs with his limited carries in Chuke's offensive scheme. Subby didn't play much offensive last year. I think the concern is more with replacing Hans at TB with a consistent back. I've heard Reynolds but I think Cantrell will fill that void, if he can carry the load. Which Cantrell was starting TB over Hans as a freshman as well. Hunter Preston is also a possibility at TB. As a freshman, Bear Hunter produced in the backfield when given the opportunity. Although undersized he is a spark plug, much like Patrick Butcher. Paintsville's biggest concern offensively is replacing a line that only returns one player in junior to be J.J. Hensley. Paintsville also returns Justin Stafford who started at tackle while Blake Lemaster was out due to injury. Casey Leonard if he can shake his shingles or staph infection. He's had it twice within the last 6 months, showed promise early in the season last year. Casey Brown, younger brother to former Tiger greats Matt and Ryan Brown showed promise on ST and both lines this season. Most of the basketball players are coming out, having numerous athletes to give Pugh options to throw to is always a plus. Along with an athletic transfer in Cory Humphrey from Lawrence Co., who has said if eligible he'd be willing to play anywhere they can use him. A lot of inexperience but I wouldn't count the Tigers out just yet.

Great Post! Paintsville has the talent to really make some noise this year. If they got everyone out that the yneed to, especially those lineman you mentioned then they would be set. This year's line could be better than last year's if they got everyone. We all know they'd be more agressive.

Great Post! Paintsville has the talent to really make some noise this year. If they got everyone out that the yneed to, especially those lineman you mentioned then they would be set. This year's line could be better than last year's if they got everyone. We all know they'd be more agressive.:redboxer: