•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
However that is kinda a outdated defense I've seen it only in little LEUGUE & some high school but not in a while. I've never seen it above the high school level.
[quote=Buc-a-roo]Coach Roddy played a Split 6 (a lot of people call it a Wide Tackle 6) using 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 OLB and 2 ILB, 2 corners and 1 safety.

On passing downs it resembled a 4-4, on running plays it was more like a 6-2. The OLBs had a tough job.[/QUote

Thanks Buc-a-roo, I had just confirmed that with a family member that started at one of those out side linebacker positions.
Coachdad Wrote:However that is kinda a outdated defense I've seen it only in little LEUGUE & some high school but not in a while. I've never seen it above the high school level.
Yep, it is outdated. It was a good run defense, but it depended on everybody being disciplined and doing their job.

It would not have held up with the progression of the spread offenses we see today, IMO.
lunaticfringe Wrote:Thanks Buc-a-roo, I had just confirmed that with a family member that started at one of those out side linebacker positions.
My condolences to your family member. It was a tough position and Coach Roddy coached that position and was brutal on those guys.

I miss Coach Roddy, he was a tough SOB but I would have run through hot coals for him. He passed away way too soon.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Yep, it is outdated. It was a good run defense, but it depended on everybody being disciplined and doing their job.

It would not have held up with the progression of the spread offenses we see today, IMO.
Yep would never work in today's (fast break) football .
Buc-a-roo Wrote:My condolences to your family member. It was a tough position and Coach Roddy coached that position and was brutal on those guys.

I miss Coach Roddy, he was a tough SOB but I would have run through hot coals for him. He passed away way too soon.

When you were growing up back in those days you always wanted to play for Coach Roddy. It was a sad day when he retired just prior to me getting the opportunity. Then Belfry hired Coach Haywood and the rest is history. Belfry got really lucky when the were able to find a mentor for Roddy that is such a class act great role model and even better coach when they found and hired Haywood. Roddy left some big shoes to fill and Haywood has filled them and even up the size. Even more impressive is that Belfry has only had two coaches over the last forty years! Roddy was a good man, role model and coach. He will always be a part of the pond creek nation!
Watched Central and PRP at 4:27 in the first Central on kick return #10 threw a pretty good punch at the end of the play and got away with it . Is that the norm or is that how they play the game?
[quote=AnotherPirateTD]Watched Central and PRP at 4:27 in the first Central on kick return #10 threw a pretty good punch at the end of the play and got away with it . Is that the norm or is that how they play the game?

You said #10 ( singular) then you ask about (they) plural ?????? I'm confused did you see the rest of the team do that or one player.
That question is pretty asinine !
If that did happen sounds like the ref missed it,
It may be normal I don't know but by football being a contact sport when something like that happens it's usually retaliation ,
If you had ever played you wouldn't have to ask that question.Not putting you down or anything but football is not for everybody. Especially soft batch cookies.
Nope was't tough enough. Just looks like poor sportsmanship or he can't take getting beat
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Nope was't tough enough. Just looks like poor sportsmanship or he can't take getting beat
You should send that in to Khsaa & protest !!!!!!
You seem to be a know it all would you be so kind to help me with that ?
I didn't pay much if any attention to any punches being thrown, but I will say this. Central has always been a classy team, during and after games with Belfry. People can go on about the cussing and stuff like that, but I never will forget the respect they showed the Pirates last year after game ended. As the old saying goes, "I honestly felt the love". That is what sports is all about IMO. Play the game, let the best team win and leave it all on the field. Both teams left it on the field and I'm tickled to death to see these two teams go at it again.
I simply made a statement and recieved a smart*** remark. I to seen and felt the same way as you crossbones.
Wow we are on page 8 and Pirate1991#8 has not challenged anyone to a fight. Proud of you pal. lol.

I have seen this Pirate team 3 times this year. One being against my Blackcats, and although they kicked our teeth down our throats, i feel they are a much better team now.

Of course the last 2 games where the last 2 playoff games. I must say i was very impressed with this team. The O line and D line are both very physical. The LB's seem to always be in the right place at the right times. Very disciplined LB's. The DB's have played phenominal coverage and made big plays when needed. The stable of RB's is unreal. When #28 went out i thought it could be a problem, but #5 steps in and dont miss a beat. That is without even mentioning the other RB's which are just as capable as any on the team. The QB is definitely the leader of this team. You can tell his teammates trust & believe in him. He has just enough swagger as to not be cocky in leading them on the field.

The only problem i seen with this team are the fumbles. They have been lucky to recover most, but against this Central team you must hang onto the ball.

If Belfry hangs onto the ball i can see them winning 28-14. I think they will and that is my prediction.

Good luck Pirates. This Blackcat Fan will be supporting you all the way.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:I simply made a statement and recieved a smart*** remark. I to seen and felt the same way as you crossbones.
You simply made a smart *** statement yourself !!
"Do they all play like that" ??? You stated you watched the game YOURSELF !! you shouldn't have to ask anybody shizz Can't you come up with your own opinion of a game YOU watched ?!
Sheesh !
I am just about tired of all the bickering back and forth. How bout this. Lets give credit where credit is due and lift up these young men for accomplishing once again making it to the championship. This thread isnt About playing dirty or anything like that. It's about supporting your team, making a prediction and wishing people the best. With that said. Good luck and safe travels to Central and all their fans. I will be pulling for my Pirates till the very end. May God bless you all.
I agree with Skullly, can we stop the bickering and fighting and enjoy this week for what it is? On a higher note, the weather is supposed to be Sunny skies and temps in the low to mid 60's! I call that a Great Day to win a Title!! Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I did ask if all sorry but my guess would be about 1/3
Anybody awake? Come on boys just a few more days!!
Belfry 21
Central 6
lunaticfringe Wrote:If I'm not mistaken Roddy may have played a six man front. With two guards two tackles and two ends. I had some family members that played for him. I will confirm just to be sure.
the split six had only two downlineman in the b-gap, only time it was a six man front is when there were two tight ends, olb were very flexable. morehead played a 6-2 d when i was there and never did i hear the inside tackles called guards, didnt mean to seem rude earlier, this o-line is special to me, i love each and everyone of them. my name is tim may
[quote=#1 Blackcat Fan]Wow we are on page 8 and Pirate1991#8 has not challenged anyone to a fight. Proud of you pal. lol.

I have seen this Pirate team 3 times this year. One being against my Blackcats, and although they kicked our teeth down our throats, i feel they are a much better team now.

Of course the last 2 games where the last 2 playoff games. I must say i was very impressed with this team. The O line and D line are both very physical. The LB's seem to always be in the right place at the right times. Very disciplined LB's. The DB's have played phenominal coverage and made big plays when needed. The stable of RB's is unreal. When #28 went out i thought it could be a problem, but #5 steps in and dont miss a beat. That is without even mentioning the other RB's which are just as capable as any on the team. The QB is definitely the leader of this team. You can tell his teammates trust & believe in him. He has just enough swagger as to not be cocky in leading them on the field.

The only problem i seen with this team are the fumbles. They have been lucky to recover most, but against this Central team you must hang onto the ball.

Lol...now get it right i never threatened to fight anyone until they brought up the idea....i simply just say who i am and where i would be so someone could say it to my face....lol. but nobody has stepped up....I must be to ugly i guess...or my biceps, or it could be that i have BELFRY written across my shirt...that seems to scare people too...lol
[quote=AnotherPirateTD]I simply made a statement and recieved a smart*** remark. I to seen and felt the same way as you /
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:[quote=#1 Blackcat Fan]Wow we are on page 8 and Pirate1991#8 has not challenged anyone to a fight. Proud of you pal. lol.

Lol...now get it right i never threatened to fight anyone until they brought up the idea....i simply just say who i am and where i would be so someone could say it to my face....lol. but nobody has stepped up....I must be to ugly i guess...or my biceps, or it could be that i have BELFRY written across my shirt...that seems to scare people too...lol
If I had said all that I'm sure I would be kicked off of here,
Coachdad Wrote:[quote=Pirate1991#8]
If I had said all that I'm sure I would be kicked off of here,

Why would you have been kicked off of here? I didn't read anything in all of that that would justify being kicked off of here. Why would you saying it make a difference?
Coachdad Wrote:However that is kinda a outdated defense I've seen it only in little LEUGUE & some high school but not in a while. I've never seen it above the high school level.

Russelville employed the same defense against Pikeville during the championship game in 1987. However, with no success. Agree, you just don't see that type of def. used in this day.
Belfry 24
Central 17
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good luck to the Pirates, especially all the seniors. You guys have poured your heart and soul into this football program for about the last 7 years.

We're proud of you!!! Wishing you the best, and I really hope the BVFD gets to rev up those fire engines Friday night!! Let's get it!!TongueirateSho
I believe Belfry has a better TEAM tha Central at this point of the season. I thought Central played good early on but i dont think they have improved much. Belfry has overcome the injuries better than central has theirs I expect a hard fought game friday just like last year Belfry gets it done this time with the o-line and d-line sticking it to them. Cant wait to party at the Drury Inn and all the way back home with the TITLE.....GO BIG RED
Belfry still hasn't played their best ball. We have yet to put a good game together for 4 quarters. We have looked good on D the past few games but have had little mental breakdowns that allow big plays. We can't afford to give plays up in the championship game. The D-line and linebackers have stepped up and will continue to play big. On O we have looked great at times and at others awful. When we minimize our stupid penalties and don't turn the ball over we can not be stopped. When the O doesn't look good it is because we hurt our self. I believe the game will be won on the line of scrimmage. With all this being said I feel like we will play our best game this Friday and win 21-14.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next