•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
(
Coachdad Wrote:Boy boo !
Pretty geeky to post a lame video as a parody. BRILLIANT ! in the most sarcastic of ways !
Just watched some of the Central PRP game. Central looks big and athletic as usual. Belfry had better wrap up when making contact. If not they could be looking at another Henry Clay type game. One missed tackle or over pursuit and these kids could be 70 yards down field.
Coachdad Wrote:Or 28-18 or 46-6 .

1st go around was 27-17 not28-18:HitWall:
Lunatic speaks the truth.
cuppett777 Wrote:1st go around was 27-17 not28-18:HitWall:
Awww I'm sorry :Sad04:
Coachdad Wrote:Pretty geeky to post a lame video as a parody. BRILLIANT ! in the most sarcastic of ways !
LOL, lighten up. The point was dead on, plus the commercial is funny.

Coachdad Wrote:Plus that was so unelequantly stated.
I'm not really into personal jabs, but if you want to go there, the word is ineloquently.
lunaticfringe Wrote:Just watched some of the Central PRP game. Central looks big and athletic as usual. Belfry had better wrap up when making contact. If not they could be looking at another Henry Clay type game. One missed tackle or over pursuit and these kids could be 70 yards down field.
Dead on :Thumbs: We know from experience that we are not going to match up athletically one on one. Our defensive strength must be playing good asignment football, pursuing well and good tackling technique. We can't arm tackle and expect to come out OK. If we do not tackle well, these guys can take it to the house. Nothing but respect for Central and what they bring to the table.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:LOL, lighten up. The point was dead on, plus the commercial is funny.

I'm not really into personal jabs, but if you want to go there, the word is ineloquently.
Go to sleep! I am !
I'm right behind you Coachdad. Sleep well and sweet dreams.
If Belfry can continue to play ball the way they have been. Play there assignments and great fundamental football they can leave Bowling Green with the hardware. Play very physical and clock management I do believe they can grind on this team. From what I could see this Central team looks to be a little sloppy on offense.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Does belfry have a radio station that you can listen to online? if so some one post the link or pm it to me... because ihigh.com are only going to show the replays of the game this year is how i understand there website..

www.wxcc.com

or

www.wdhr.com

Click on the "Listen Live" link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lunaticfringe Wrote:Bourbon got some good penetration shooting the gap between center and guard. I haven't seen Central but I'm sure there athletic speed will be a problem if Belfry doesn't tighten up there splits. Once there defensive guard lined up in the gap he was getting to the QB before he could get the hand off.
If you knew anything at all about life in the trenches, you would know o-line is coached to widen there splits as much as poss. through the coarse of a game. theory the more you spread a d the weaker it gets, its only about a hundred years old. i know for a fact 100% splits were not discussed during film. the penetration was probably more of a comunication breakdown. and what is a defensive guard, good grief.
Now who is being thin-skinned...lolSmile
pirates have rushed for 4671 yards in 14 games over 330 yards per game, fantastic stable of backs and an o-line that is tops in my books. big shout out to jude, may, francis, taylor, wilus and messor. keep putting the pads to them 48 more minutes.
I do know about life in the trenches madjack played there for the same coach that is coaching Belfry now. If your theory holds completely true then why not spread your o- line fifty yards wide. If there shooting the gaps then you tighten your splits. Especially when your establishing the run game up the middle. When the D tackle is lining up there and shooting straight ahead you have to adjust some. I'm not saying heel to toe but a yard split will get a helmet on him quicker then a three yard split. One side had about a yard split with the other about a two to three yard split. Guess where the penetration was coming from. Good grief is right!
lunaticfringe Wrote:I do know about life in the trenches madjack played there for the same coach that is coaching Belfry now. If your theory holds completely true then why not spread your o- line fifty yards wide. If there shooting the gaps then you tighten your splits. Especially when your establishing the run game up the middle. When the D tackle is lining up there and shooting straight ahead you have to adjust some. I'm not saying heel to toe but a yard split will get a helmet on him quicker then a three yard split. One side had about a yard split with the other about a two to three yard split. Guess where the penetration was coming from. Good grief is right!
a little better argument this time, at least you got the d-tackle part right. its not my theory, im not that old. but if you played in the trenches you know what i said is correct, i played for roddy but we had the same line coach. i made a point tonight to ask about the split, comunication was the issue, if i see one whole side of the line in a bastard split then i have to think it was from instruction for reasons neither you or i know. you said madjack like you may know me, thats good, show youself to me and we'll talk more
Coachdad Wrote:No problem , I'll help but it will be later I would like to lay it out on paper b4 I submit it to ya it'll be later on today

Thx. Look forward to receiving it.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:[quote=Pirate1991#8]

Breathitt? The only team I can compare is Clay County, Clay county scored 29 on Breathitt, they did well to get 100 yards on Bell. Are you kidding? No one in the west is multiple scores better than Breathitt or Bourbon? You are drinking the cool aid and drinking a lot of it fella.

I sure am drinking my cool aid...I'm drinking it all the way to Bowling Green While your at the house....come back next year and talk smack on this thread....this is for State Championship teams.....
Belfry will win this year
Can anyone else identify another team in state championship history to start 3 sets of brothers? Zach Taylor (G), Keaton Taylor (KR). Trenity Carr (HB), Keilan Carr (K), and James May (G) and Timmy May (DE). I wonder if this is a first.
It's this simple, If Belfry can execute the way they did against Breathitt and not turn the ball over multiple times they will be state champs. If Belfry doesn't stay disciplined and they turn the ball over, Central will win. Another key to the game is the Pirates have to come out strong and jump on Central early. Belfry is a better team when they play with the lead. My prediction is Belfry winning 21-20.
Cat Daddy Wrote:It's this simple, If Belfry can execute the way they did against Breathitt and not turn the ball over multiple times they will be state champs. If Belfry doesn't stay disciplined and they turn the ball over, Central will win. Another key to the game is the Pirates have to come out strong and jump on Central early. Belfry is a better team when they play with the lead. My prediction is Belfry winning 21-20.

It IS just as simple as that.
Belfrys splits on that one side I would say is to slow the D-linemen down. It should give the young man a second more to get his head across him. If he split out and the d-tackle didnt then he would have to tighting back up. We teach that in youth football, if I split out and then he splits out with me I may split just a little more the next time until he's plum out of the play. It really just shows that the d-tackle was always to line head up then to shade one way or the other. Our boys would never split out on D like that they would take the gap. Line backers are trained to cover the back side, inside, gaps. D-linemen are to plug the holes and make sure no 1 blocks the LB's. If we paly hard with no pentilities and no fumbles and the D covers the passing we win 28 to 14.
If both teams play to their full potential and both execute flawlessly:
Central 24
Belfry 14

If Belfry puts the ball on the ground, falls behind early, and misses tackles trying for the big play:

Central 34
Belfry 13

If Belfry controls the LOS, gets up early, and connects on a well time PA Pass early on to loosen the Jacket defense up:

Belfry 28
Central 14

My hunch is we see a defensive slugfest with both defenses bending, but not breaking. Belfry's defense essentially shuts down the Yellowjacket ground game save a big play on the edge or a deep ball with a great catch. Central gives up consistent yardage to Belfry, but buckles down when needed forcing critical 4th and 3, 4th and 2 situations in Jacket territory that ultimately determine who wins and loses.

I'll take Belfry 13-10 converting a late drive to push it in for the go ahead TD. The next possession Madison Ghormley ices it dropping back in coverage for an INT
to end the Central drive.
MADJACK75 Wrote:a little better argument this time, at least you got the d-tackle part right. its not my theory, im not that old. but if you played in the trenches you know what i said is correct, i played for roddy but we had the same line coach. i made a point tonight to ask about the split, comunication was the issue, if i see one whole side of the line in a bastard split then i have to think it was from instruction for reasons neither you or i know. you said madjack like you may know me, thats good, show youself to me and we'll talk more

I'm sure there is a good chance we know each other, but right off hand Im not sure who you are. I do agree with ya on widening your splits as the game goes on or if the tackle keeps lining up straight over guard or tackle. But you have to make adjustments when needed. Maybe it was missed assingments, which worries me more this late in the year. Making a few adjustments is a common part of the game. Missing or not knowing assingments can cost ya a ballgame at this stage of the year.
MADJACK75 Wrote:If you knew anything at all about life in the trenches, you would know o-line is coached to widen there splits as much as poss. through the coarse of a game. theory the more you spread a d the weaker it gets, its only about a hundred years old. i know for a fact 100% splits were not discussed during film. the penetration was probably more of a comunication breakdown. and what is a defensive guard, good grief.
A defensive guard is when you play a 6 man front with with two ends , two tackles & two interior guards thus not having a true nose tackle. Usually lined up in zero or one techniques.
Thank you coachdad, just didn't feel like having to explain all defensive formations.
If I'm not mistaken Roddy may have played a six man front. With two guards two tackles and two ends. I had some family members that played for him. I will confirm just to be sure.
lunaticfringe Wrote:If I'm not mistaken Roddy may have played a six man front. With two guards two tackles and two ends. I had some family members that played for him. I will confirm just to be sure.

Coach Roddy played a Split 6 (a lot of people call it a Wide Tackle 6) using 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 OLB and 2 ILB, 2 corners and 1 safety.

On passing downs it resembled a 4-4, on running plays it was more like a 6-2. The OLBs had a tough job.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next