Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 40 Hazard 6
Final
Congratulations Fairview on your first ever appearance in the state :Cheerleadchampionship.Confusedinglepar
Congrats fairview !!!! Good luck next week.
Congrats Fairview.
wow.
huge gap there.
OH MY GOD! Good job Eagles! Never saw this to be a blowout.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Fairview win it all. This just may be the year of the Eagles. Congrats!
Total domination by Fairview. Hazard couldn't come close to matching Fairviews speed and there was even a bigger gap on the line of scrimmage.
And no. Fairview never threw the ball. Not even once.
The way Fairview is playing right now is down right scary. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all!!!
Congrats Fairview!
Fairview simply wanted this game more and took it.. Hazard couldnt get anything going.. Fairview did well in film study.. 1 more game for them,, lets see if they can win it all...
Clintwood VA(defending single A champion div. 1) went down tonight 7-0 to George Wythe VA. Hazard beat Clintwood in the 1st. game this year. There will be new state champions in single A in both KY and VA.
Great to see Fairview win, feels good to see a team in our district represent.
Congrats to the Eagles and their great fan base
Best set of skill players in 1A.
Austin Johnson was needed in this game... Not sure if he was playing it would of mattered tonight but Congrads to all the seniors on the Hazard football and get started working for next year...
Fairview manhandled the Bulldogs. Defensively, Hazard shored things up midway through the 2nd quarter. But the damage was done. Hazards offense didnt look much better or different than Allen Central. They were big at the skill position, but absolutley no speed. This runnin ram is officially soaring with the eagles until next week is over. Then the distain will resume. As for now, I am officially a believer and I think they will beat Mayfield. Call me crazy but i have been the biggest nay sayer that they would eventually get stopped. But they havent. Pulling for the Eagles.
Congrats Fairview on the win...

congrats on the great season Hazard.
FBALL Wrote:Best set of skill players in 1A.

Well they were impressive tonight. Honestly i havent seen fairview play to dispute ur opinion. Have seen alot of posts questioning Hazards speed. Well i know from personal observation that Mayfield has great team speed. So have you seen Mayfield at all to be certain of this opinion. Just curious as you have made this statement twice now. I am willing to admit that honestly dont know enough about a Fairview to dispute it. I do know that Caldwell county was assumed to be slower and athletically inferior to Desales and in fact it was Caldwells Speed and athleticism that saw them win tonight and earn a birth in the 2a title game. Honestly not jabbing I am just wanting to know.
Congrats to Fairview...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Fairview! Great season, Hazard! It's been fun.
WOW! I think this puts a big hole in the strength of schedule myth "cough cough" I mean theory with the fact that Hazard supposedly had one of the strongest in 1a yet Fairview had hands down the worst of all 1a teams with a winning record. This just goes to show that coaching and talent trumps all theories.

#1Coaching
#2Preparation
#3Execution
#4Talent

:biglmao:Confusednicker::popcorn:
Congrats Eagles!!! Win one for this area. I think strength of schedule is over rated. Just maybe an easier schedule allows a team to build confidence. :Thumbs:
rednblackattack Wrote:Well they were impressive tonight. Honestly i havent seen fairview play to dispute ur opinion. Have seen alot of posts questioning Hazards speed. Well i know from personal observation that Mayfield has great team speed. So have you seen Mayfield at all to be certain of this opinion. Just curious as you have made this statement twice now. I am willing to admit that honestly dont know enough about a Fairview to dispute it. I do know that Caldwell county was assumed to be slower and athletically inferior to Desales and in fact it was Caldwells Speed and athleticism that saw them win tonight and earn a birth in the 2a title game. Honestly not jabbing I am just wanting to know.

Haven't seen Mayfield in person. But I know the kind of athletes in that Fairview backfield. I've seen enough high school football over the years.

I'm not a Fairview fan. But I do believe I'm a pretty good judge of talent.

Like I said earlier this week. We shall see.
Do-double-gg Wrote:WOW! I think this puts a big hole in the strength of schedule myth "cough cough" I mean theory with the fact that Hazard supposedly had one of the strongest in 1a yet Fairview had hands down the worst of all 1a teams with a winning record. This just goes to show that coaching and talent trumps all theories.

#1Coaching
#2Preparation
#3Execution
#4Talent

:biglmao:Confusednicker::popcorn:

I agree that Fairviews stength of schedule was weak but they beat the weak teams really badly which is what good team should do. Now if they had some of those bad teams play them close or even slipped up and lost one they would have been easy to judge. I stood by my opinion that you couldnt claim them one of the favorites till they did that against solid competition. When they beat raceland i felt like they could be solid but still wasnt sure now they beat pikeville and Hazard and i am sold. Think it will be a good game in Bg between Mayfield and Fairview
FBALL Wrote:Haven't seen Mayfield in person. But I know the kind of athletes in that Fairview backfield. I've seen enough high school football over the years.

I'm not a Fairview fan. But I do believe I'm a pretty good judge of talent.

Like I said earlier this week. We shall see.

Then i apologise cause i thought your making a claim that Fairview had the best skill players in 1a. I honestly dont know if they do. I will go on record as saying that Fairview has without a doubt the best trio of rbs in the state not justb1a. However a skill position is any player that directly effects scoring either on offense or defense. So by stating that you are saying that Fairview has the best players at defensive back, linebacker tightend, receiver, running back, Quarterback, kick returner, and kicker than any other team in 1a. Now i think their three backs are great but i dont think any of the three are better than Jonathan Jackson 2000 yds rushing and over 30 tds am almost 100 percent certain their qb is not better than Guhy 2700 yds passing and a 30 to one td to int ratio. 3 different recievers with over 500 yds receiving and a kicker that is automatic inside 40 yds. Now im a prideful sucker and have seen my share of football living in both Western Ky and Central Ky and played in two state championship football games so i think i am a fairly decent.judge of talent as well. I think that without seeing Fairview play i couldnt possibly judge Mayfields skill players better than theirs.
rednblackattack Wrote:Then i apologise cause i thought your making a claim that Fairview had the best skill players in 1a. I honestly dont know if they do. I will go on record as saying that Fairview has without a doubt the best trio of rbs in the state not justb1a. However a skill position is any player that directly effects scoring either on offense or defense. So by stating that you are saying that Fairview has the best players at defensive back, linebacker tightend, receiver, running back, Quarterback, kick returner, and kicker than any other team in 1a. Now i think their three backs are great but i dont think any of the three are better than Jonathan Jackson 2000 yds rushing and over 30 tds am almost 100 percent certain their qb is not better than Guhy 2700 yds passing and a 30 to one td to int ratio. 3 different recievers with over 500 yds receiving and a kicker that is automatic inside 40 yds. Now im a prideful sucker and have seen my share of football living in both Western Ky and Central Ky and played in two state championship football games so i think i am a fairly decent.judge of talent as well. I think that without seeing Fairview play i couldnt possibly judge
Mayfields skill players better than theirs.

Commas, periods, question marks, etc.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Commas, periods, question marks, etc.

Sure thing professor. On a phone with fat fingers your lucky that just a few words are spelled right. Lol! I am a single dad trying to get 13 and 9 year old boys settled down after a big Mayfield and UK game so i have to prioritize my posts, and for some reason punctuation seems to be the sacrifice i have to make. J/K
Hazard wasnt playing well and to be a defending state champion you must have a lot of good talent and luck and in rule eastern kentucky its hard to have year in and year out s, unless your in a city or a populated area, The same goes for all teams,Except Highlands and Trinity, both are in a populated area and reload each year. Belfry can get some players from west virginia that has help them alot. But I seen this coming after last weeks game with williamsburg Hazard was not sharp and had a lot of misques.
Wow, Congrats Fairview!! Carry this hot streak to the title game.