SEC Week!
This week is officially SEC week!

I'm going to post a former SEC player current SEC player
A past team and current team

We will also have a game of the day!
Former SEC Player of the Day
Herschel Walker, Georgia RB

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...ATa3AcX9Wg]

Herschel Walker led Georgia to an undefeated season and a national championship in his 1980 freshman season.

Georgia won three SEC titles and went 33-3 in Walker's three seasons as a Bulldog.

He gained an impressive 5,259 yards and scored 52 touchdowns in three years.

That is an ridiculous average of 159 yards per ball game. One of the main reasons that the big and fast 6'2", 230 pound back is in the college football Hall of Fame.
Current SEC Player of the Day
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M RB

[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co..._Field.jpg]

Also known by his nickname "Johnny Football," is an American Football quarterback for the Texas A&M football team. He was highly recruited out of high school as a dual-threat quarterback with an impressive ability to extend plays.

He grew up playing a variety of sports, including basketball, baseball, golf and football. At Tivy High School in Kerrville, Texas, he focused on baseball and football. However, it was in football that sportswriters, coaches and parents said he "achieved folk hero status" and was compared to quarterbacks like Brett Favre, Michael Vick, and Drew Brees.

Johnny is currently at the top of ESPN's "Heisman Watch".
Past SEC Team of the Day
1996 National Champions - Florida Gators

[Image: http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards...lorida.jpg]

The 1996 Florida Gators were led by Heisman winning QB Danny Wuerffel.
They finished the season with only one loss - and that coming at the hands of their bitter in-state rivals the Florida Seminoles by way of a single FG on the road.

The gators would get their chance for revenge!

Steve Spurrier's team ended up going playing Bowden's Seminoles in the national title game on a neutral field. This time Spurrier left nothing to chance. The gators blew out the Seminoles by a score of 52-20.
Current SEC Team of the Day
The Alabama Crimson Tide

[Image: http://www.smartmammals.com/wp-content/u...-10973.jpg]

Ranked #1 for the majority of the year - Alabama fell prey to "Johnny Football" and the Texas A&M Aggies and are currently ranked #2 behind the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

If Alabama can manage to win out they will have the ability to keep the SEC's streak of consecutive championship's alive.
GAME OF THE DAY
[SIZE="4"]2007 BCS National Championship
Florida 41 - Ohio State 14[/SIZE]

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...CXJO3jdiC9]

The Ohio State Buckeyes were the No. 1 ranked team for the entire 2006 NCAA Division I FBS football season, anchored by Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Troy Smith. The Buckeyes were 12–0 with several wins over ranked opponents: the defending national champions, then No. 2 Texas Longhorns, then No. 24 Penn State Nittany Lions, then No. 13 Iowa Hawkeyes, and their then undefeated Big Ten Conference rival, then No. 2 Michigan. The win over Michigan to finish the regular season essentially guaranteed the Buckeyes a spot in the National Championship game.

The last week of the regular season was dynamic for the national championship race. Third-ranked Michigan remained idle. Fourth-ranked Florida faced No. 9 Arkansas in the SEC Championship, while No. 2 USC faced unranked, in-city rival UCLA. Both Florida and Michigan cheered as USC fell to UCLA 13–9. Florida defeated Arkansas to claim the 2006 SEC Championship Title. USC's loss knocked them out of contention, leaving No. 3 Michigan and No. 4 Florida as the most likely teams to earn the No. 2 ranking and face Ohio State for the BCS National Championship. The final BCS poll passed Florida over Michigan to take the No. 2 spot while Michigan remained unchanged at No. 3, with .0101 points separating the two teams. This small difference was a result of the human polls (the Coaches Poll and Harris Interactive Poll) ranking Florida above Michigan while the computer polls had the two teams tied for second.

I could copy and paste some more stuff about this game but I'll just say what we all know happened. Everyone whined about Florida jumping Michigan and people said that Florida didn't belong to be in that game. Then when it came time for the game the Gators ended up completely demoralizing the Buckeyes. That game started off with a kickoff return for a TD for the Buckeyes and went downhill faster than anyone thought possible.
Anyone else feel free to post some stuff about other great SEC teams or players!
1950 Kentucky Wildcats.

The 1950 Kentucky Wildcats football team represented the University of Kentucky in the 1950 college football season. The offense scored 393 points while the defense allowed 69 points. Led by head coach Bear Bryant, the Wildcats were the SEC champions and by winning the Sugar Bowl were listed as the #1 ranked team 40 years later in a computer ranking produced by Jeff Sagarin.

[Image: http://wizzley.com/static/uploads/en/mod...22x621.jpg]
Come on Zaga, Couldn't think of enough good players and/or teams to do a Kentucky Week!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This SEC stuff is making me sick.... I can't believe a fan base (UK Football) acts this way...

Yeah I'm all for the supporting the teams that make the National Championship game in the SEC but C'mon....

Were u all happy when Vandy beat UK in basketball in the SEC tournament??? Answer NO!!!!!

Because u all just do this in Football...

Zaga u say u do this in all sports high school/pros????

Never see u cheering for Hazard in any Sport, or never see u cheering for Harlan Central in Football..... Never see u cheering for Spurs in NBA (same conf as ur Lakers)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Come on Zaga, Couldn't think of enough good players and/or teams to do a Kentucky Week!!!!!

I'll do a Kentucky football week when you do a Notre Dame basketball week.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll do a Kentucky football week when you do a Notre Dame basketball week.

OK I will, I promise u one thing Notre Dame basketball >> UK Football... Notre Dame is ranked in basketball... But we're not talking basketball.... We're talking football....

I'm not a UK hater but this is just making me sick..

Lets talk UK football -vs- Notre Dame football.... this is a football thread..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll do a Kentucky football week when you do a Notre Dame basketball week.

:popcorn:
Just everyone pick a fav team.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
this is very original
ekff Wrote:This SEC stuff is making me sick.... I can't believe a fan base (UK Football) acts this way...

Yeah I'm all for the supporting the teams that make the National Championship game in the SEC but C'mon....

Were u all happy when Vandy beat UK in basketball in the SEC tournament??? Answer NO!!!!!

Never see u cheering for Hazard in any Sport, or never see u cheering for Harlan Central in Football..... Never see u cheering for Spurs in NBA (same conf as ur Lakers)

No answer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SEC WEEK - Georgia

W - Buffalo (4-7) - MAC

W - at Missouri (5-6)

W - Florida Atlantic (3-8) - Sun Belt

W - Vandy (7-4)

W - Tennessee (4-7)

L - South Carolina (9-2) (Big Game)

W - at Kentucky (2-9)

W - Florida (10-1) (Big Game)

W - Ole Miss (5-6)

W - at Auburn (3-8)

W - Georgia Southern (8-3) - SoConn

Georgia Tech (6-5) - ACC

Georgia is 1-1 in big games but how good is Florida really, we'll find out against Florida State..

Georgia opp records (66-66) and look at who they've played...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:This SEC stuff is making me sick.... I can't believe a fan base (UK Football) acts this way...

I've said it a few times but I'll go ahead and say it again - I root for who I want to root for.

I won't drive up to Boyd County to watch Hazard play Fairview this Friday night but I'm hoping they win. I'll watch the Harlan game from the comfort of my own home and I hope they win too. I'm rooting for Belfry and Somerset as well.
I don't particularly care for the Spurs or the Thunder when it comes to the West, but I can promise you that you've NEVER seen me root for an Eastern Conference team. I trash the Eastern Conference every year. Ask Ballers - I won a bet with him a couple of years ago and forced him to sport a Western Conference banner.

But I might as well say it again...
I'll root for who I want to root for.
ekff Wrote:SEC WEEK - Georgia

W - Buffalo (4-7) - MAC

W - at Missouri (5-6)

W - Florida Atlantic (3-8) - Sun Belt

W - Vandy (7-4)

W - Tennessee (4-7)

L - South Carolina (9-2) (Big Game)

W - at Kentucky (2-9)

W - Florida (10-1) (Big Game)

W - Ole Miss (5-6)

W - at Auburn (3-8)

W - Georgia Southern (8-3) - SoConn

Georgia Tech (6-5) - ACC

Georgia is 1-1 in big games but how good is Florida really, we'll find out against Florida State..

Georgia opp records (66-66) and look at who they've played...

Thanks for posting the record - They are the team of the day for tomorrow!
I'll make sure to elaborate a little more when the time comes.
ekff Wrote:OK I will, I promise u one thing Notre Dame basketball >> UK Football... Notre Dame is ranked in basketball... But we're not talking basketball.... We're talking football....

I'm not a UK hater but this is just making me sick..

Lets talk UK football -vs- Notre Dame football.... this is a football thread..

C'mon now - I made this thread - I get to choose what it's about.

I may throw some basketball teams or maybe even a Cross Country team.

Who cares?

I root for who I want to root for and I post what I want to post in my "SEC Week!" thread.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've said it a few times but I'll go ahead and say it again - I root for who I want to root for.

I won't drive up to Boyd County to watch Hazard play Fairview this Friday night but I'm hoping they win. I'll watch the Harlan game from the comfort of my own home and I hope they win too. I'm rooting for Belfry and Somerset as well.
I don't particularly care for the Spurs or the Thunder when it comes to the West, but I can promise you that you've NEVER seen me root for an Eastern Conference team. I trash the Eastern Conference every year. Ask Ballers - I won a bet with him a couple of years ago and forced him to sport a Western Conference banner.

But I might as well say it again...
I'll root for who I want to root for.

Thats good... But Why did u all start trashing my team.. I have one team in college football that I cheer for... U all seem to have 14 and my team is #1 RIGHT NOW.... and they have earned it....

again... I have 1 team and u all seem to have 14 but mine is #1 and u all want to trash my team... I did not start this....

and again... I am not a UK hater... I wish Notre Dame and UK were both good and both made it to the National Championship game every year.

LOL my bad Zaga u have 15... The whole SEC and Gonzaga!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="Whateva - I do what I want!"]lZLVi4v7lSM[/YOUTUBE]
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon now - I made this thread - I get to choose what it's about.

I may throw some basketball teams or maybe even a Cross Country team.

Who cares?

I root for who I want to root for and I post what I want to post in my "SEC Week!" thread.

Sounds like a Bandwagon quote to me!!!!

Should rename this thread

"Bandwagon Week!!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Thats good... But Why did u all start trashing my team.. I have one team in college football that I cheer for... U all seem to have 14 and my team is #1 RIGHT NOW.... and they have earned it....

again... I have 1 team and u all seem to have 14 but mine is #1 and u all want to trash my team... I did not start this....

and again... I am not a UK hater... I wish Notre Dame and UK were both good and both made it to the National Championship game every year.

LOL my bad Zaga u have 15... The whole SEC and Gonzaga!

Let's be fair...
it may not be 100% evident on here...
but you started the UK sucks stuff on facebook and brought it over here.
I've not said a single negative think about ND until you started calling out UK football fans for cheering on the SEC.

I still think ND is a good team and I know that they earned their ranking...
but expect to get a big "End of the Road" video when they finally go down.

:problem:
New addition to the thread!

Song dedication of the day!
Song Dedication of the Day
Nelly - Heart of a Champion
Dedicated to Marcus Lattimore

[YOUTUBE="Heart of a Champion"]0bh7AsIZRMw[/YOUTUBE]
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's be fair...
it may not be 100% evident on here...
but you started the UK sucks stuff on facebook and brought it over here.
I've not said a single negative think about ND until you started calling out UK football fans for cheering on the SEC.

I still think ND is a good team and I know that they earned their ranking...
but expect to get a big "End of the Road" video when they finally go down.

:problem:

If Notre Dame goes down this week or in the NC, I'll b here to take it...

I am a real Irish fan... I can take it... I've been there through the bad...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:New addition to the thread!

Song dedication of the day!

New addition to the thread...

I'll post a Loss of the day...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="Sun Belt beats SEC"]earAy4t6Hig[/YOUTUBE]

Western Kentucky from the Sun Belt goes into Commonwealth and best Kentucky....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKFF, I was agreeing with you until you posted the WKU video. Sad

I took a lot of flack pre-BGR for Notre Dame being my #2 football team behind UK. My uncle lives in Indiana so we would always talk about UK and Notre Dame. Notre Dame grew to be a team I root for in basketball behind UK and equal with Louisville.

Troy Murphy, Luke Harangody and Chris Thomas were players I really liked. I honestly believe Chris Thomas would have been a really good NBA PG if he hadn't completely wrecked his knee. He had a great senior year WITH a bad knee. He might have averaged 20 and 8, if healthy.

My only hesitation with Notre Dame is that they allowed Doug Gottlieb to play for them, lol. One good about it is they expelled him, lol.