Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Fairview's run game enough?
Fairview has hardly any passing attempts in comparison to the other teams left in class A. Is their 3 headed monster of a backfield enough to play against the rest? If the run gets stopped can they use any sort of a balanced offensive strategy?
So far it seems if the run game can be stopped is a big if. I'd say they area slight favorite at home against hazard
Nope same thing as Williamsburg. Fairview Played a terribly weak schedule even worse than Williamsburg now yall beat the crap out of everybody on it but Hazard is by far the best teamyall have played ranked 100 places ahead of your average opponent.
As long as they can keep it close, the run should be enough. However, if they go down by more than a couple TD's, it's probably game over.

I think Fairview has the the playmakers to give Hazard a good game and possibly win it.
Fairview has the best group of skill players in 1A. They haven't had to pass.
FBALL Wrote:Fairview has the best group of skill players in 1A. They haven't had to pass.

And it starts !!!!! Lol
First off I am by no means a fairview fan. But sometimes you have to give the devil there due. I never said hazard wasn't good. I said fairview was a slight favorite at home that's it.
FBALL Wrote:Fairview has the best group of skill players in 1A. They haven't had to pass.

Yeah OK.
Yeah it's OK. It's true but it's OK.
Whats Fairviews line look? Hazards lineman are big ,but i wasnt real impressed with them. If you have big aggressive lineman you will have success running the ball. You better hope you got some kids that can cover 6'4 athletes bc their wideouts are huge.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah it's OK. It's true but it's OK.

Dude which team team ranked in the top 150 in the state did yall prove that against. I will give you the best trio of running backs in the state but you said skill players. You have nobody and i mean nobody who can compare to Jonathan Jackson. Your Qb cant compare to Guhy 28 to 1 td to int ratio we also have 3 wr who athletically have great hands agility and break away speed. We pass cause it is part of our spread offense. But i have seen Pikeville give up over 50 this year their d is not comparable to Hazard BW or Mayfield. You had better be able to pass against those 3 teams.
Fairview has the easier matchup in the semi-finals. I believe both Mayfield and Beechwood are superior teams. Hazard is about equal with Fairview. Since Fairview is at home, they should be a slight favorite.

Regardless of who wins this game, I look for them to lose in the finals.
After seeing last nights numbers: Turner for 224, King for 148, Brewer for 194, it very well could be enough. I think Fairview has about as much speed as anyone in single A. Against Pikeville they used Turner and King in the first half and got up by a couple scores, the it was all Brewer in the 2nd half grinding out the clock. However, against Raceland, the only one that Hurt us was Turner. Though they dis change things up after that game and kept king in to run the wildcat. Look for a good game in Fairview and Im sure several of us rams will be there...but i think Hazards defense will be able to control King and Brewer. Turners the difference maker. If they ca get him down o first contact, Hazard will win.
If Fairviews defense shows up Hazard has issues their not playing well and Fairview I believe wins a close game 28-26, But if Hazard playes like they did against Williamsburg Fairview by 2 tds.

Mayfield probably will have a little something to say about that "best group of skill players in 1A". Not saying mayfield is the better team, but skill wise, they are as good as it gets in any class.
rednblackattack Wrote:Dude which team team ranked in the top 150 in the state did yall prove that against. I will give you the best trio of running backs in the state but you said skill players. You have nobody and i mean nobody who can compare to Jonathan Jackson. Your Qb cant compare to Guhy 28 to 1 td to int ratio we also have 3 wr who athletically have great hands agility and break away speed. We pass cause it is part of our spread offense. But i have seen Pikeville give up over 50 this year their d is not comparable to Hazard BW or Mayfield. You had better be able to pass against those 3 teams.

"Dude", I'm not a Fairview fan. So I'm not part of "yall". King and Rutherford both played for a school of over 2000 students in Huntington last year. They have seen better teams.

Fairview's schedule was very weak. No argument there.

But there talent is not debatable. My school has one of your former Mayfield kids. He's a good athlete but not like King or Turner or Rutherford at wide reciever.

I will give you your trio and you can go play the games and see what pans out. Your cheap talk is not impressive. "Dude".
FBALL Wrote:"Dude", I'm not a Fairview fan. So I'm not part of "yall". King and Rutherford both played for a school of over 2000 students in Huntington last year. They have seen better teams.

Fairview's schedule was very weak. No argument there.

But there talent is not debatable. My school has one of your former Mayfield kids. He's a good athlete but not like King or Turner or Rutherford at wide reciever.

I will give you your trio and you can go play the games and see what pans out. Your cheap talk is not impressive. "Dude".

Oh you got me cause i used the word "dude " my talk isnt cheap it is backed up by players who have put up numbers THIS year against good competition, THIS year. So what you have a kid who used to play for Mayfield well that showed me. Fairview has played crap and put up good numbers so what. I dont care what they did last year. It doesnt matter they all cant carry the ball at once and the coaches from here on out will stop the run and if they cant pass they will go home. The kid from BW and Jackson from Mayfield are both better backs then all three from Fairview except those teams can also throw the ball and have played defense and stopped much better teams than them. So u can make fun of me saying Dude all you want it wont change anything.
I'd say the mayfield kid you all have at your school isn't the likes of Jonathan Jackson either.

I've heard great things about kids at Fairview. I'm just excited to see them, along with Jackson on the same field.
:welcome:
rednblackattack Wrote:Oh you got me cause i used the word "dude " my talk isnt cheap it is backed up by players who have put up numbers THIS year against good competition, THIS year. So what you have a kid who used to play for Mayfield well that showed me. Fairview has played crap and put up good numbers so what. I dont care what they did last year. It doesnt matter they all cant carry the ball at once and the coaches from here on out will stop the run and if they cant pass they will go home. The kid from BW and Jackson from Mayfield are both better backs then all three from Fairview except those teams can also throw the ball and have played defense and stopped much better teams than them. So u can make fun of me saying Dude all you want it wont change anything.
Sounds to me like you are afraid that I'm right. Which I am.

I think you should worry about the Beechies first, dude.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I'd say the mayfield kid you all have at your school isn't the likes of Jonathan Jackson either.

I've heard great things about kids at Fairview. I'm just excited to see them, along with Jackson on the same field.

Googie is a good kid and a good little athlete but not the likes of Jackson.
Don't know much about Hazard,but they better be ready. This Fairview team is the real deal in single a.
Oh yeah we are afraid. What have we got to be afraid of we have put running clocks on a top 10 5a school and a top 4 still alive in the playoffs 2a school. Beat another top 10 2a school by 4 scores and another top 10 3a school by three scores. All of those teams would thump Fairview. Honestly just disagreed with the blanket statement that Fairview had the 3 best skill players in 1a. Defending the kids i have seen put up monster numbers against top competition is not fear just pride. I really have no reason to fear a team that has never made it to state. Especially since i dont think they will this year either. As many times as we have been there why would we fear anybody. We respect Hazard who we are one and one against and BW who we are 5 and 0 against but they always comes to play and hit like freight trains plus BW has 11 state titles to our 8. Plus like the point you made i wouldnt worry if Mayfield is afraid of Fairview or not but whether Hazard is.
Fairview's numbers impressed me once. That was against Raceland when Devon burnt us for 224 and 3tds. Until this week, Raceland has been the best defense Fairview has seen. And minus 3 big runs, they only had about 250 yds rushing(150yds below their avg) and Hazard probably has a better defense than Raceland. If you can keep the Eagles from the 3rd level defensively, you will win. Play your assignments, stay in your gaps, dont over persue, and corners stay at home, in other words GOOD fundamental football will beat them. We had Turner down in the backfield on all 3 of his td runs and he managed to shake loose. If we tackled worth a damn we would have won, and we would be talking Raceland vs Hazard instead...but We laid 3 eggs this year...all came up with losses. I chalk it up to inexperience, the same thig that bit Wburg in the ass.. The team looked like jrs that came in and got shaken up in bit games. Thats just what they were. Fairview has the kill shot mentality, BUT Hazard has been to this point several times. And i strongly believe you have to have balance to win. Ie:mercer county in 2005 i think it was...when they played Russell they had 2 backs rush for over 2500 yds. Russell schemed to stop the run, and if not for a missed field goal and a questionable pass on 4th and inches Russell repeats as champs. Raceland was the number one seed against LCA in 2008(should have won state w that oline, denton and carver) again 2 backs with 1500 yds and a quarter back with 1500 yds passing and 500 on the ground. Up 20-3 at half time. Come out and instead of keeping the balanced attack, they try to grind it out, fail to score in the 2nd half and a td pass at the end of regulation is busted loose. You must remain balanced and NEVER back off the throttle this deep in the playoffs. Teams are generally too evenly matched. Fairview will go for the kill. But a lack of rhythm throwing the ball will hurt them in the end.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Fairview's numbers impressed me once. That was against Raceland when Devon burnt us for 224 and 3tds. Until this week, Raceland has been the best defense Fairview has seen. And minus 3 big runs, they only had about 250 yds rushing(150yds below their avg) and Hazard probably has a better defense than Raceland. If you can keep the Eagles from the 3rd level defensively, you will win. Play your assignments, stay in your gaps, dont over persue, and corners stay at home, in other words GOOD fundamental football will beat them. We had Turner down in the backfield on all 3 of his td runs and he managed to shake loose. If we tackled worth a damn we would have won, and we would be talking Raceland vs Hazard instead...but We laid 3 eggs this year...all came up with losses. I chalk it up to inexperience, the same thig that bit Wburg in the ass.. The team looked like jrs that came in and got shaken up in bit games. Thats just what they were. Fairview has the kill shot mentality, BUT Hazard has been to this point several times. And i strongly believe you have to have balance to win. Ie:mercer county in 2005 i think it was...when they played Russell they had 2 backs rush for over 2500 yds. Russell schemed to stop the run, and if not for a missed field goal and a questionable pass on 4th and inches Russell repeats as champs. Raceland was the number one seed against LCA in 2008(should have won state w that oline, denton and carver) again 2 backs with 1500 yds and a quarter back with 1500 yds passing and 500 on the ground. Up 20-3 at half time. Come out and instead of keeping the balanced attack, they try to grind it out, fail to score in the 2nd half and a td pass at the end of regulation is busted loose. You must remain balanced and NEVER back off the throttle this deep in the playoffs. Teams are generally too evenly matched. Fairview will go for the kill. But a lack of rhythm throwing the ball will hurt them in the end.
Just had to bring up that Russell/Merger county game didnt you. Those two teams were loaded with skill kids and neither one of them would throw the ball. Should have been back to back. :HitWall:
Simple answer. Yes
FBALL Wrote:Just had to bring up that Russell/Merger county game didnt you. Those two teams were loaded with skill kids and neither one of them would throw the ball. Should have been back to back. :HitWall:

Sure did. Froze my ars off in both games to garner the right to speak if it. Lol
Is Fairview's run enough? Does a 50lb bag of flour make a big biscuit?
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
See you Friday
Hazard did not play poorly last Friday. They plated a team that had a good defense that gave them all they wanted. They were a team which refused to lose. They are good at all three levels on defense. Their line is solid. They have good linebackers and Dbacks. They do a good job of tackling and playing their assignments. To beat them you have to grind it out and play mistake free football. You can not depend on big plays to score. Their speed and ability to tackle takes away the big score. The Williamsburg was a field position tacticle game. Williamsburg has a very good defense who did a good job of limiting their offense. Hazard has several playmakers who can spring for big plays. They play many formations and do a good job of getting the ball in those playmakers hands. The Whitaker kid is a good passer and manages the game well for the Bulldogs. You must make no mistakes on defense because they will take advantage of them with plays designed to force you to commit so that they can take advantage of mismatches. Hazard also is a very solid on special teams who limit your big play opportunities while Ollinger is always a threat to return a kick. They are very well coach and limit your chances while taking advantage of yours.