Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 7 Williamsburg 0
Final

Hazard 7
Williamsburg 0

Hazard scores with 2:54 left in the game and Sizemore of Williamsburg throws and INT inside the Hazard red zone. Hazard runs out the clock.
What a hell of a game. I would of loved to been there in person but me and my son enjoyed it at home... Both teams left it all on the field.,.. Games like this you hate to see a loser because there all winners...
Congrats Bulldogs!

Good Season Jackets!
Congratulations Bulldogs!
64Sur should be entertaining
I truly believe that the tougher schedule helped hazard late in the game. Sorry Williamsburg fans, i hate to see your players lose because i know the feeling and it sucks but I'm not gonna lie, i love to say i told you so to your fans.
Hazard's schedule did help, but just having the experience showed too. They never showed any panic.

Williamsburg stayed cool right up to the very end. I think a couple of times late they had some GREAT catches from their receivers, but they tried to force that last one in there and misjudged the speed of the Hazard defender and he read Sizemore like a book and got the pick.

Great Season for the Jackets, I am sure they will be back.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:64Sur should be entertaining

He has been served!!!!:devilflam:devilflam:biggrin::biggrin:
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Hazard's schedule did help, but just having the experience showed too. They never showed any panic.

Williamsburg stayed cool right up to the very end. I think a couple of times late they had some GREAT catches from their receivers, but they tried to force that last one in there and misjudged the speed of the Hazard defender and he read Sizemore like a book and got the pick.

Great Season for the Jackets, I am sure they will be back.

I gurantee they will be back.. They lose some linemen but Willaimsburg will be hard to stop next year..
Wburg played there hearts out !!!! Better team than a lot of people think!!
Great game to watch !!
Turnovers killed the Jackets all night. That was something they were able to get by with in the regular season, because they played a light schedule. I heard the Stan and Rick say that it could hurt them in the playoffs.....and they was right.
I look for Williamsburg to be one of the realistic favorites from the east next year.
This should be a good game at the Eagle's nest, but can Hazard stop the run and play smashmouth physical football, the Eagles have 3 backs over the 1,000 yd. mark and alot of speed, their line blows people off the ball and they seal the edge and can throw the ball, the Bulldog's wll have there hands full, and also they will have to contain the beast Brewer at fullback and middle linebacker, should be a good game, I just think the Eagle's are due to make a run at a state championship and it starts this coming Friday.
this was one hell of a game. i though it would be close, with hazard pulling away in the 4th.

Hazard keep it rolling all the way to BG.

Williamsburg don't have nothing to lower there heads about, they play there hearts out.
Williamsburg controlled the line of scrimmage, but couldn't sustain their drives and turn them into points. Hazard had Olinger, which was just enough to win.
All the back and forth with 64 and Avery aside great year for a young jacket's team. You guys will be tough as nails next year. Good Season.
Congrats to the Bulldogs !! HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS !!
Very good game, congrats to Williamsburg for a well played game !!
Avery Bullock Wrote:To all those who repeat the same old refrain... "Williamsburg hasn't played anybody this year," please look at Hazard's schedule. The ONLY team Hazard played this year that the Jackets could not have handled would be Breathitt. The Jackets would not have lost to Somerset nor LCA.

I would be interested to know just how many Mayfield fans are on this thread (MayfieldCardinal and mysonis55 are two) bashing Williamsburg. They are scared to death that the Jackets are gonna meet them in BG. What other reason could they have to give two sh*ts who comes out of the east?

If Mayfield is that big and bad, it shouldn't matter who gets to BG from the east, they should be more worried about getting there themselves.

Keep the trash talk coming. None of W'burg's players or coaches read this crap anyway.:why:

So if Hazard lost to Somerset, and Williamsburg lost to Hazard, EAT. YOUR. FOOT. NOW. Avery.
rednblackattack Wrote:All the back and forth with 64 and Avery aside great year for a young jacket's team. You guys will be tough as nails next year. Good Season.

I was wanting to meet 64. But he never posted anything!!!
Maybe he never made it out of UBet or wallmart.
Watch out for Williamsburg next year though.
Cong: to Hazard. W'burgh had a super year. Next year have to be favorite.
Congratulations Bulldogs!!!!
Six straight Region Championships!!!!
Congrats to Coach Dixon on his 100th win!!!!!

Congrats to W-burg on a great season! They certainly came to play.
Couldn't of happened to a cockier fan base. Glad to see WBurg lose. I guess you got your wish with your chants of "We Want Hazard."
What a game! Congrats Dawgs on a hard fought win! Also, congrats to Williamsburg, and like one poster said earlier, they are better than what most think.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:I truly believe that the tougher schedule helped hazard late in the game. Sorry Williamsburg fans, i hate to see your players lose because i know the feeling and it sucks but I'm not gonna lie, i love to say i told you so to your fans.
Are you serious?? This game was 0-0 in the 4th. Hazard won by 7 and Williamsburg was good enough to beat Hazard. This game could go either way and a lot of people said Hazard would pull away and win easy because of this super hard schedule. It was 4 things that won this game
#1 Coaching
#2 Preparation
#3 execution
#4 and probably the big one in this game looking at the score was lucky bounces. If as hard of a schedule as you say Hazard had and as weak of a schedule as Williamsburg had then I think next year Hazard should just schedule all defending state champs because if this is all the difference that hard schedule made then it's not enough IMO. I also see that Fairview is going on to next week. The same team who people said had an even worse schedule then Williamsburg (LOL)
Congrats Hazard! Now go take care of business next week and rep the mountains in state again:1:
I was in attendance for this one.
First off, let me say that im not partial to either team, and dont really care much for either of them to be honest, but that may be the worst officiating crew ever assembled by the KHSAA.
Those guys need to go, NOW, especially the lead man.

Secondly i went to this game to see offense. I was dissapointed. Neither team could do anything against the other. As i stated earlier, Sizemore is prone to INT's against good teams, and he had atleast 3 or 4 tonight. However, IMO, if it werent for him, the Wburg offense wouldnt of had the yards they did.
Hazard looked lathargic all night. The RB looked like he was about to pass out for much of the game. They only needed one big play and got it. Dixon may want to think about using the wildcat with Olinger more than a couple of times next week. He just made a sick play, maybe one of the best of the year. Reminded me of that Reggie Bush run.

Overall, IMO, Wburg is ever bit as good as Hazard, and maybe better. I hope Hazard can bring another one home to EKY. Next year, Wburg should be the returning favorites. This is a young bunch of kids that will be back and there very good.

Congrats to Hazard on the win.
Good season by the Jackets.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Are you serious?? This game was 0-0 in the 4th. Hazard won by 7 and Williamsburg was good enough to beat Hazard. This game could go either way and a lot of people said Hazard would pull away and win easy because of this super hard schedule. It was 4 things that won this game
#1 Coaching
#2 Preparation
#3 execution
#4 and probably the big one in this game looking at the score was lucky bounces. If as hard of a schedule as you say Hazard had and as weak of a schedule as Williamsburg had then I think next year Hazard should just schedule all defending state champs because if this is all the difference that hard schedule made then it's not enough IMO.

I agree with this.
The schedule didnt "help" Hazard.
These were two very even teams.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Are you serious?? This game was 0-0 in the 4th. Hazard won by 7 and Williamsburg was good enough to beat Hazard. This game could go either way and a lot of people said Hazard would pull away and win easy because of this super hard schedule. It was 4 things that won this game
#1 Coaching
#2 Preparation
#3 execution
#4 and probably the big one in this game looking at the score was lucky bounces. If as hard of a schedule as you say Hazard had and as weak of a schedule as Williamsburg had then I think next year Hazard should just schedule all defending state champs because if this is all the difference that hard schedule made then it's not enough IMO.

Well Playing that tough schedule give the bulldogs there 2nd victory against solid competition. Hazard was composed the whole game and never paniced.. I state if Williamsburg was to win this game they would have to have less than 2 turnovers and they had 4,, 3INTs and 1 turnover on down. Hazard had one on a turn over on down that the spot was debatable but the bulldogs stayed composed and played on.. If Williamsburg schedule was just a little tougher they may of been prepared for a game like this. Skyler Griffin though made big time catches and so did everyone else they took shots too as they caught the ball.. So a hard schedule helped hazard to this victory as they were prepared and mentally ready for a game of this magnitude..
Confusedmoke:first thing i want to say is congratulations to the HAZARD BULLDOG :1: it was a heck of a game.I hope yall win the state championships.and for williamsburgs yellow jackets you play your heart out an that what counts in life. give it your best allways an good things will come from it.I'm proud of yall. So now i'm turning off my computer screens untill 2013. but before i leave mysonis55 going hunting in the morning for CROW.Thank you all for putting up with me.I love highschools football.and the friendships :igiveup: