•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11/16
mysonis55 Wrote:Jacket4Life, I don't think anyone means to be bashing your team. I believe if you check my previous posts you will see that I said they are the team to beat next year or the year after. They are young and that is that. Avery is completely wrong about this scrimmage with Milan. It is pretty much like a game. Which ever team is traveling always brings a huge crowd and there is somewhat of bragging rights. They both use this scrimmage to guage how good they are. Our head coach and Milan's head coach are cousins. You don't think they talk about it around the dinner table at the holidays. Also if you think that Hazard cannot beat a #8 ranked 2a team out of Tn then you are just fooling yourself. There isn't much that would make my buddy happier than to see Wburg beat Hazard Fri so, I am not at all being one sided here. I do love the back and forth banter with 64, but none of that is serious. Lastly, I will just restate, Hazard is #1 until someone proves different.

BTW. My football knowledge is limited to personally watching Mayfield win 7 state championships from the stands the only reason i didnt watch the 8 from the stands is because i was on the field beating Newport Catholic for a 2a title. What about you Cherokee how many times have you played in the last possible game of the season i have done it twice won one and lost one either way i was there. How about you? Sorry 55 meant to quote Cherokee not u old buddy
I hope to see my youngest there some day in the near future as well. As fun as it must be to win one yourself, imagine the feeling of watching your own win it.:Thumbs:
:beerwez:64SUR will be cheering for mysonis55 jr :baby: up untill they play someone from the east like williamsburg :theman:in you're own eyes :Thumbs:
Ill Take Hazard 42 to 21!
Wow!! I go to bed and this thread has blown up big time.. This game sure cant get here fast enough.. I will be in attendance of this game if its not too cold for my son or got to work friday night.
Much anger I sense here.....yes. Dark side it is.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope to see my youngest there some day in the near future as well. As fun as it must be to win one yourself, imagine the feeling of watching your own win it.:Thumbs:

I have a feeling you and I have a great chance of seeing that. When your boy is a senior and mine is a jr if they stay together we may have one of the most athletic in Mayfield history. Throw in the fact that if these kids grow at all it may one of the biggest lines in years. I see a possible 4 maybe 5 kids out of that group if they keep their grades up and their heads on their shoulder could play on sat.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope to see my youngest there some day in the near future as well. As fun as it must be to win one yourself, imagine the feeling of watching your own win it.:Thumbs:

You can't imagine what it feels like.I watched as my sonand his team won the Middle School Division 3 State Championshipin 2010 and it was better than I could have dreamed. I can't imagine the feeling of seeing him and his team win a high school championship but I sure hope I get the chance.
Jacket4Life Wrote:You can't imagine what it feels like.I watched as my sonand his team won the Middle School Division 3 State Championshipin 2010 and it was better than I could have dreamed. I can't imagine the feeling of seeing him and his team win a high school championship but I sure hope I get the chance.

I only missed one game of the MS team's 2010 campaign. I was there at Lexington Catholic rooting the boys on to the title.

Jacket bashers on BGR like to opine that our team is so young and that they've never played in a big game. Big games are relative. When Hazard beat Mayfield in last year's 1A final, 6A fans could have chuckled that it wasn't such a big game. When Trinity beat Scott County in 6A, college fans could have chuckled that it wasn't such a big game. When Alabama shut out LSU for the national title, it didn't quite compare to the importance and gravity of the Super Bowl, did it?

That MS state title run was pressure packed and even featured an early season win against eventual Division 1 state champions Southern Pulaski. Our boys have been in big games. Anyone who thinks that a state title game isn't a learning experience for an 7th or 8th grader is just ignorant.

I post comments on BGR as a courtesy to fans around the state, trying to educate them about the Jackets. I try to ease the shock for them when their teams lose to Williamsburg. It's uncomfortable for me to look across the field at the opposing stands after a game on a Friday night and see so many people with bewildered looks on their sad faces, wondering, "What just happened to us?"

I try to warn people but they don't want to listen. I guess it's true that no good deed goes unpunished.
Jacket4life, congrats on your boys acheivment. I'm sure it was a great feeling. I appreciate your sharing with us, so please do not pay attention to what I have to say to avery here.

Avery, please just quit warning us. I know you will here shortly. You want to keep accusing everyone else of making crazy statements, have you read any of yours. I sure hope you are hiding under a rock somewhere come Sat until next year.
Avery Bullock Wrote:I only missed one game of the MS team's 2010 campaign. I was there at Lexington Catholic rooting the boys on to the title.

Jacket bashers on BGR like to opine that our team is so young and that they've never played in a big game. Big games are relative. When Hazard beat Mayfield in last year's 1A final, 6A fans could have chuckled that it wasn't such a big game. When Trinity beat Scott County in 6A, college fans could have chuckled that it wasn't such a big game. When Alabama shut out LSU for the national title, it didn't quite compare to the importance and gravity of the Super Bowl, did it?

That MS state title run was pressure packed and even featured an early season win against eventual Division 1 state champions Southern Pulaski. Our boys have been in big games. Anyone who thinks that a state title game isn't a learning experience for an 7th or 8th grader is just ignorant.

I post comments on BGR as a courtesy to fans around the state, trying to educate them about the Jackets. I try to ease the shock for them when their teams lose to Williamsburg. It's uncomfortable for me to look across the field at the opposing stands after a game on a Friday night and see so many people with bewildered looks on their sad faces, wondering, "What just happened to us?"

I try to warn people but they don't want to listen. I guess it's true that no good deed goes unpunished.

No Doubt playing in a state title game in 7th and 8th is big,, But you can not compare a game of this magitude to 7th and 8th grade because the speed of the game is much faster, the kids are older and bigger, and where coaching and playing calling must be right. In 7th and 8th grade there are usually atleast 1 or 2 kids who are heads and shoulders above that competition and can make up for mistakes.
For all the non believers out there, williamsburg is the best team in Class A, allowed the least points. and scored second most. You say that we've played one real team and lost "Oneida". well hazard has played the same schedule we have except three. The teams they have lost too. Jenkins, Harlan, and Pineville, Berea. Same teams, and those teams williamsburg yellow jackets have blew out worse than hazard has. You'll see this friday night which team has got the gonads for the region title. It'll be war but in the end it'll be the bulldogs blood onhe "blue-green" rug. Williamsburg by 7
bac2369 Wrote:No Doubt playing in a state title game in 7th and 8th is big,, But you can not compare a game of this magitude to 7th and 8th grade because the speed of the game is much faster, the kids are older and bigger, and where coaching and playing calling must be right. In 7th and 8th grade there are usually atleast 1 or 2 kids who are heads and shoulders above that competition and can make up for mistakes.

Also not pointing fingers cause alot of middle schools do this including us a little. But their is a reason that some championship caliber middle schools never translate to major HS success. n. and s. Pulaski are middle school powers and have been for a long time but dont have one single state title in HS. When you hold 7 or 8 kids back well it is a big deal playing 13 and 14 year olds vs 14 and 15 year olds. Now I am not saying Williamsburg did this i have know idea just adding to the difference in MS football and Hs. Puberty is a freaky thing some kids hit it at 11 and some hit it at 15. Some kids that are further along athletically now may not be 2 years from now when their classmates catch up. I have seen kids in 8th grade rush for 200 yards a game and as they got older they didnt get much bigger and faster and by the time they were soph they got past up in the depth chart by kids who developed more. Isnt it great to have a MS state championship now though it still a new concept and the number of schools participating now vs just a few years ago is amazing and it will get bigger. Mayfield entered it this year for the first time and lost a barnburner to Butler County 8 to 0 in the semifinals. Butler then went on to dominate the title game vs Raceland. But I believe this was only Butlers second time and Mayfields first time to enter the tournament. So parents of kids whos MS is not participating please encourage your coaches to do so.
The middle school state is a great thing. We won on our first trip and it was the most exciting and memorable experience for our kids. It also made them hungry for more which translates to high school. We were a small team then and are a small team now but our hearts are huge and they want to win. Good luck Friday night Jackets!!!
bac2369 Wrote:No Doubt playing in a state title game in 7th and 8th is big,, But you can not compare a game of this magitude to 7th and 8th grade because the speed of the game is much faster, the kids are older and bigger, and where coaching and playing calling must be right. In 7th and 8th grade there are usually atleast 1 or 2 kids who are heads and shoulders above that competition and can make up for mistakes.

bac... look up... QUICKLY!! See that thing going over your head? That was my last point sailing completely past you. I was diligent in my post to point out that the magnitude of how big a game is is relative. I was merely pointing out that a middle school player is under the same pressure during a MS state championship game as a high school player is during a HS state championship game as a college player is during the BCS championship game and as a pro player is during the Super Bowl. To a MS kid, he wants that trophy as badly as a pro player wants his ring.

Yes, the implications to the public are much smaller for a MS game than the Super Bowl but that's not what I was getting at. Yes, as you go from MS to HS to college to the NFL, the game gets a LOT faster and the players are a LOT bigger. I was looking at it from the players' perspectives... how they channel their desire into performance... how they cope with the pressure... how they grow from the experience, win or lose.

And BTW, if you think that to win a state championship at the MS level you only need one or two kids to be "head and shoulders above" the competition, you are sadly mistaken. Pop Warner, maybe, but not MS.
Avery Bullock Wrote:bac... look up... QUICKLY!! See that thing going over your head? That was my last point sailing completely past you. I was diligent in my post to point out that the magnitude of how big a game is is relative. I was merely pointing out that a middle school player is under the same pressure during a MS state championship game as a high school player is during a HS state championship game as a college player is during the BCS championship game and as a pro player is during the Super Bowl. To a MS kid, he wants that trophy as badly as a pro player wants his ring.

Yes, the implications to the public are much smaller for a MS game than the Super Bowl but that's not what I was getting at. Yes, as you go from MS to HS to college to the NFL, the game gets a LOT faster and the players are a LOT bigger. I was looking at it from the players' perspectives... how they channel their desire into performance... how they cope with the pressure... how they grow from the experience, win or lose.

And BTW, if you think that to win a state championship at the MS level you only need one or two kids to be "head and shoulders above" the competition, you are sadly mistaken. Pop Warner, maybe, but not MS.

Well take a look at the explinations i give because the game play is faster. That is the point i am trying to make. As someone stated below the original post some MS have great teams but get to high school and bomb out. Perry Central is that way. There have been good teams come up through there since 2000 but never did amount to anything.. The one good thing that these kids from Williamsburg have is they have played together since then and are going to get a chance to keep playing now and 2 more years. I will agree the Pressure on the athlete during these games are huge but as you get older you think those pressures are much larger than they were in grade school and such.

I dont believe i stated that it only takes two kids who are head shoulders above the competition, i stated it that two kids who are that talented can make up for the mistakes of others.. such as missed tackles, wrong gap assignments and such.
Pulling for Williamsburg
:welcome: to highschool thread between williamsburg and hazard :worthy:williamsburg highschool 36 hazard high school 26 and congrats to you're all middleschool program in the past.Confusednicker:this is 2012 highschool footballConfusednicker:
64SUR Wrote::welcome: to highschool thread between williamsburg and hazard :worthy:williamsburg highschool 36 hazard high school 26 and congrats to you're all middleschool program in the past.Confusednicker:this is 2012 highschool footballConfusednicker:

64SUR :insane: :theman:. When Williamsburg does win this game could you please give them this :1: for me. I dont want to leave out the Bulldogs so can you give them this :Second: for me.

Bring me one of these :beer: and we will celebrate the victory.

Then you can tell all the doubters to :kneel: because Confusederved: by 64SUR.

After that you can tell them to :gtfo: cause :wenumber1 and :haters:
64SUR after the comment you just made I had to get on here and tell you how the Jacket Nation really feels about you. You have had your fun with 55 and red and black and I understand thats all fun between the three of you but your comment about the middle school was totally uncalled for and up until then I thought you were just a kid that was posing that he was from Laurel County but now I Know that you are definatly not one of the Jacket Nation. Good Luck to all kids playing this friday be careful and play hard.

And 64 its basketball season in Laurel County go watch a game and cheer for your kids because we dont need bandwagon jumpers around here.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:64SUR :insane: :theman:. When Williamsburg does win this game could you please give them this :1: for me. I dont want to leave out the Bulldogs so can you give them this :Second: for me.

Thats too funny lol!!!
Come on guys, don't be to rough on 64. He is enthusiastically rooting for the jackets. He just likes to have fun doing so. I dont think he meant to slam the kids on what they did in ms. I think he is just trying to get the point back on hs. He is what has made you guys site interesting this year. Look at the number of posts on your site. He made yall relevant.
GET CHA BITE Wrote:For all the non believers out there, williamsburg is the best team in Class A, allowed the least points. and scored second most. You say that we've played one real team and lost "Oneida". well hazard has played the same schedule we have except three. The teams they have lost too. Jenkins, Harlan, and Pineville, Berea. Same teams, and those teams williamsburg yellow jackets have blew out worse than hazard has. You'll see this friday night which team has got the gonads for the region title. It'll be war but in the end it'll be the bulldogs blood onhe "blue-green" rug. Williamsburg by 7

I think you need to go back and look at the team we have playedand our three teams that did bet us. This thread is very very funny !!!!
lay down BUZZ go back to bed.watch the game on wymt tv friday night.my cousin play football an some of my close friends kids plays for the williamsburg yellowjacket so yes i made not live in whitley county i still get to choose who i cheer 4 and yes this is about highschool sports:Sad04:now cry go williamsburg and jacket nation
Just to make this game even bigger I just heard it's been announced as the WYMT Game of the Week! That means the whole region will see the Hazard Domination of the Jackets! Go Dawgs!
buzz Wrote:64SUR after the comment you just made I had to get on here and tell you how the Jacket Nation really feels about you. You have had your fun with 55 and red and black and I understand thats all fun between the three of you but your comment about the middle school was totally uncalled for and up until then I thought you were just a kid that was posing that he was from Laurel County but now I Know that you are definatly not one of the Jacket Nation. Good Luck to all kids playing this friday be careful and play hard.

And 64 its basketball season in Laurel County go watch a game and cheer for your kids because we dont need bandwagon jumpers around here.

:dontthink i'm as much as a williamsburg fan as you. at least i can get on hear an say i'm for williamsburg an not just say good luck to all kids playing this friday be careful and play hard.let me make this clear to you williamsburg all the way.sound like your highschool got beat down lastweekConfusedmoke:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:64SUR :insane: :theman:. When Williamsburg does win this game could you please give them this :1: for me. I dont want to leave out the Bulldogs so can you give them this :Second: for me.

Your just mad because we have put a beat down on your beloved ***** cats. The last two years
Last comment from me 64. I graduated from WHS and have been around during the bad and the good so no my team did not get beat last weak.
I will be in Hazard on friday cheering for the Jackets and I will be behind them win or lose from now on.
And as far as it goes about telling the kids to play hard and be safe that was for every player across the state. Even to the ones playing basketball in Laurel County
buzz Wrote:Last comment from me 64. I graduated from WHS and have been around during the bad and the good so no my team did not get beat last weak.
I will be in Hazard on friday cheering for the Jackets and I will be behind them win or lose from now on.
And as far as it goes about telling the kids to play hard and be safe that was for every player across the state. Even to the ones playing basketball in Laurel County

Buzz you don't speak for me you apear to know very little about football and less about WHS fans 64 is right on sso leave him alone
Does anyone out there know anything about the 3 new seniors that Hazard picked up this summer. I herd that one of them was from Texas and is a beast and someone said they got the big boy from Cordia
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next