•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11/16
This game will def be much closer than last year and in the near future Hazard will lose a little of its grip on their recent domination of the East. Not sure if this is that year though. Hazard by 2 TD's is my prediction. Someone made a prediction about the Jones kid from Hazard returning to form last week. He is a very strong well balanced fast kid. He will be the difference this week. Also pretty sure I was right on with the prediction of the Hazard rout of Pineville. Also another reason I'm going with the Dawgs is because of Mark Dixon. He has coached in huge games and won in those huge games. I'm not as familiar with Williamsburg's staff, but I know that have not played in the magnitude of games that Dixon and his staff have in recent years. Good luck to both teams!!! Safe travels to both communities and hers hoping for an injury free well played game. Hope that one of you guys get to travel to Pike Co next week.
Avery Bullock Wrote:You should do a little research and base your post in facts instead of spouting off about something about which you obviously know very little.

Williamsburg played Oneida, Tn., at Oneida. The Indians went to the Tennessee Class 2A quarterfinals last year and returned 16 seniors and 16 starters from that team this year. Oneida would have beaten Hazard by a couple of TDs instead of the 3 points by which they beat W'burg.

Hazard has played teams as good as Williamsburg (or better in the case of Breathitt), but they lost those games. The Bulldogs haven't beaten anyone that Williamsburg didn't or couldn't beat this year.

Dishonest refs in Williamsburg? The Jackets have hosted 7 games this year and in 5 of them, the Jackets had more penalties called against them than their opponent. If my "homecooking" was that bad, I would eat at Denny's every night.

You should read more and post less.:Thumbs:

Listen to your own advice, read more and post less.
pork Wrote:What you guys are just learning to put new plays in? I thought every team threw in new stuff every week. To go against the week part of the D they are playing that week .

No one said we had just put new plays in! I believe the statement was you will see plays that you had not seen on film before. That doesn't mean they were just PUT IN!
Everyone talks about Jackets are a year away, I think this is their year with there two big senior offensive linemen who give Sizemore time to pick apart the defense. I'm riding the Burg all the way to Bowling Green.

Burg 34
Hazard 24
:problem:
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Listen to your own advice, read more and post less.

Not sure what you mean? Calm down, let the meds take effect, and try again. Please use some facts this time though.

I was simply stating that Oneida could beat Hazard by a couple of TDs. The facts upon which this opinion are based are as follows:

Hazard has only been able to beat 1A teams and a couple of creampuffs in larger classes. Don't even start about Clintwood. All of the good athletes in Virginia play soccer or lacrosse. Nobody in that state cares about football!

Oneida, on the other hand, beat two quality Tennessee teams in Coalfield and Cumberland Gap. The Indians finished in the top ten in the final regulary season rankings. Their only two losses were to top ten ranked teams. They could easily handle LCA or Somerset.
How many players are on Williamsburg team? I saw on Max preps site it had only 17 listed. Is that correct?
on KHSAA web site, williamsburg have 39 player.

the preson that was talking about the UK title last year. UK just won it because of that kid from UNC broke his hand. if that didn't happen UNC would have won the title. YES UK beat UNC at rupp.
Avery, I believe Buffalo is right, you need to read more and talk less.Confusednicker: That is kind of a outlandish statement you make there about Oneida beating Hazard by 2 td's.:lmao: There is nothing to compare it to. Also, if Va had cream puff state champions over there, I'm sure you guys would have had them on your schedule so you could thump your chests some more.Confusednicker: The fact that you said something this outlandish just before the game is over the top crazy.Confusednicker: You have got to get it through your head, they are still :1: until someone knocks them off.:thanks: I don't think that will happen this week.Confusednicker: But apparently you think yall are 11 point favorites because you just said a team that yall lost to by 3 is 2 td's better than them.::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Avery Bullock Wrote:Not sure what you mean? Calm down, let the meds take effect, and try again. Please use some facts this time though.

I was simply stating that Oneida could beat Hazard by a couple of TDs. The facts upon which this opinion are based are as follows:

Hazard has only been able to beat 1A teams and a couple of creampuffs in larger classes. Don't even start about Clintwood. All of the good athletes in Virginia play soccer or lacrosse. Nobody in that state cares about football!

Oneida, on the other hand, beat two quality Tennessee teams in Coalfield and Cumberland Gap. The Indians finished in the top ten in the final regulary season rankings. Their only two losses were to top ten ranked teams. They could easily handle LCA or Somerset.

Didn't both Oneida and Cumberland Gap lose in the first round of the playoffs? Real powerhouses there.
I'm Just Pleased Somerset has to play Danville this week and Not those bad to the bone W'burg Yellow Jackets.LOL
I bet Williamsburg would rather be playing Danville right now also.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Didn't both Oneida and Cumberland Gap lose in the first round of the playoffs? Real powerhouses there.

Once again someone posts on BGR without doing his research. Norm, Cumberland Gap did indeed lose in the first round of the 3A playoffs but their season was solid with quality wins. The smaller 2A Oneida Indians beat CG on the road. Two of CG's three regular season losses were against ranked teams.

However, #8 Oneida did NOT lose in the first round of the playoffs. They earned a first round bye because they had such a good season. Tennessee doesn't waste time and money with lopsided first round games like Kentucky does (Trinity vs. GRC anyone?) Oneida lost in the SECOND round to #5 ranked Boyd Buchanan whose only regular season loss was to a 4A team from Maplewood (Nashville).
Click the link for your further edification... http://www.wbir.com/news/article/239655/...s-released

Oneida's only other loss was their season opener against #2 Greenback. In fact, Greenback put up 26 on the Indians and Boyd Buchanan managed to score 21. Williamsburg hung 20 points on them... not bad for a bunch of underclassmen.

I'll be back from Hazard around 1:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. At that time, I'll log onto BGR and post a three word message... "Told you so."
Dude, Oneida is a good football team, don't care if they lost in the first round...I have no idea if Wburg will win or not Friday night, but to think they don't have a chance is crazy...
sorry,but calling Cumberland Gap quality is hilarious. Oneida is a solid football team.Williamsburg played a weak schedule,but I still think they are being underestimated.I've watched them and they are very good at the skill positions. I believe they will leave Hazard with a win friday.
Avery Bullock, you are way off base. Somerset and Clintwood are both excellent teams. Both would beat Williamsburg, probably by quite a bit. Hazard will do the same, dawgs are way too physical for you. Hazard 35, Williamsburg 14.
Hazard will win this one !!! GO DAWGS !!!
Avery Bullock Wrote:Once again someone posts on BGR without doing his research. Norm, Cumberland Gap did indeed lose in the first round of the 3A playoffs but their season was solid with quality wins. The smaller 2A Oneida Indians beat CG on the road. Two of CG's three regular season losses were against ranked teams.

However, #8 Oneida did NOT lose in the first round of the playoffs. They earned a first round bye because they had such a good season. Tennessee doesn't waste time and money with lopsided first round games like Kentucky does (Trinity vs. GRC anyone?) Oneida lost in the SECOND round to #5 ranked Boyd Buchanan whose only regular season loss was to a 4A team from Maplewood (Nashville).
Click the link for your further edification... http://www.wbir.com/news/article/239655/...s-released

Oneida's only other loss was their season opener against #2 Greenback. In fact, Greenback put up 26 on the Indians and Boyd Buchanan managed to score 21. Williamsburg hung 20 points on them... not bad for a bunch of underclassmen.

I'll be back from Hazard around 1:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. At that time, I'll log onto BGR and post a three word message... "Told you so."

Sorry you need to do ur research. Todays computer power rankings for TN have CG 245 in the State and 38 in 3a that is one terrible team. Oneida is ranked 9th in 2a and 184 overall in a very weak 2a class this year that is a bad to mediocre team Oneida played a weak schedule just like yall to get their record. Mayfield Scrimmaged Milan Tn the 4th ranked team in 3a and 42 overall we beat them by 3tds. Milan would tear Oneidas head off. Hazard would not only beat Oneida but probably by 21. Sorry you got beat by a mediocre team who couldnt beat any of the other top 4 1a teams in Ky.
This Jacket Mom is tired of everyone bashing us. No one knows who will win Friday night. We are going to play our best on Friday and whatever the outcome is we will deal with it. Why is everyone else spending so much time on our thread. I think several of you have stated that this is a site for opinions so if you don't like someones opinion deal with it instead of bashing our team. One I know that you all try to get started is 64 and he has stated before that he is not from Williamsburg. We got it! We have played a weak schudule and a lot of you think we can't win. The past games don't matter now, it's all about the games from here on out. I am not whining because I'm sure that is what will be said about me I am just fed up. Our boys have practice all summer to get to this point and evidently we deserve to be there!
Like I said at the beginning of the year, until someone can prove that they can beat Hazard in east their the best team, Now lets see if anyone can prove them wrong I also said Fairview was the sleeper and they win this friday and play at Hazard next friday, Mark Dixon may go down as one of the winnest coach in Kentucky with the teams Hazard has their 5th and 6h grade team is powerful and their 7th and 8th grade team is good also so all their doing is reloading and for the next few years all you hear is Hazard in class A football like it or not. they may not win the state title but they be their unless something happens. but i dont think so.
rednblackattack Wrote:Sorry you need to do ur research. Todays computer power rankings for TN have CG 245 in the State and 38 in 3a that is one terrible team. Oneida is ranked 9th in 2a and 184 overall in a very weak 2a class this year that is a bad to mediocre team Oneida played a weak schedule just like yall to get their record. Mayfield Scrimmaged Milan Tn the 4th ranked team in 3a and 42 overall we beat them by 3tds. Milan would tear Oneidas head off. Hazard would not only beat Oneida but probably by 21. Sorry you got beat by a mediocre team who couldnt beat any of the other top 4 1a teams in Ky.

Scrimmage??? Hazard "beat" someone in a scrimmage? First off, you can't beat someone in a scrimmage. Coaches try lots of different things to fine tune their teams before REAL games start. The best reason for even turning on the scoreboard at a scrimmage is to make sure all the bulbs work and to give some practice to the scoreboard and clock operators.

If we're talking scrimmages, Williamsburg scimmaged Knox Central this year and "lost" by a TD. (I think... could have been a few points more or less... who cares? It was a SCRIMMAGE!!!) Neither coach was trying to "win" because both knew it was impossible.

Scrimmages are like preseason games in the NFL. They are no predictor of success or failure in the regular season. In 2008, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and 0-16 in the regular season. The 2000 New York Giants went 0-4 in preseason games before losing the Super Bowl and the 1982 Redskins went 0-4 and WON the Super Bowl.

You should be embarrassed coming on a legitimate blog like BGR and bragging about a scrimmage win. I would have more respect if you had come on to say, "Hey guys, I ran a computer simulation between Hazard and Milan, Tn., and guess what? The Bulldogs won! Yay! Then my mom had to work a double shift so I got to play World of Warcraft for 17 hours straight."

A scrimmage win and $1.00 will get you any size soft drink or iced tea at McDonalds.*

* Does not include sales tax. Participating locations only. Some restrictions may apply. See store for details. No MSG. Se habla Espanol.
U should be emabarresed for not understanding at Mayfield a scrimmage game is for real we keep score and everything. They played their best we played our best we won. Enough said. U should also be embarrassed that you keep touting a bad Oneida team as a quality loss. We played about 7 teams that would have put mercy rule on their ass. We dont need to brag about our scrimmage just pointing out ur one loss was a bad one and Hazard woulda handled them. I dont need to explain anything to you about how competitive our annual scrimmage with Milan is. It is really a game before the games start. So sorry it was a quality game against a team that woulda put up 45 on you and Oneida. You just try to get on hereand scold everybody about research it took me 5 min of research to see that CG and Oneida were not very good and it was not a game that somebody wanting to take the step to the next level should be saying good things about. You may not scrimmage like we do on the stadium field with 100s of fans announcers and scoreboard. Sorry Oneida bad loss and their win against Cumberland Gap was not a good win.
Jacket4Life, I don't think anyone means to be bashing your team. I believe if you check my previous posts you will see that I said they are the team to beat next year or the year after. They are young and that is that. Avery is completely wrong about this scrimmage with Milan. It is pretty much like a game. Which ever team is traveling always brings a huge crowd and there is somewhat of bragging rights. They both use this scrimmage to guage how good they are. Our head coach and Milan's head coach are cousins. You don't think they talk about it around the dinner table at the holidays. Also if you think that Hazard cannot beat a #8 ranked 2a team out of Tn then you are just fooling yourself. There isn't much that would make my buddy happier than to see Wburg beat Hazard Fri so, I am not at all being one sided here. I do love the back and forth banter with 64, but none of that is serious. Lastly, I will just restate, Hazard is #1 until someone proves different.
rednblackattack Wrote:U should be emabarresed for not understanding at Mayfield a scrimmage game is for real we keep score and everything. They played their best we played our best we won. Enough said. U should also be embarrassed that you keep touting a bad Oneida team as a quality loss. We played about 7 teams that would have put mercy rule on their ass. We dont need to brag about our scrimmage just pointing out ur one loss was a bad one and Hazard woulda handled them. I dont need to explain anything to you about how competitive our annual scrimmage with Milan is. It is really a game before the games start. So sorry it was a quality game against a team that woulda put up 45 on you and Oneida. You just try to get on hereand scold everybody about research it took me 5 min of research to see that CG and Oneida were not very good and it was not a game that somebody wanting to take the step to the next level should be saying good things about. You may not scrimmage like we do on the stadium field with 100s of fans announcers and scoreboard. Sorry Oneida bad loss and their win against Cumberland Gap was not a good win.

Don't get on here and use some kind of computerized game rating to determine that one team would beat another by 45 points, hell that computer had you all beating hazard by 24 last year. Mayfield showed some weakness last week being down to a bad team at half, you get down to Frankfort or Beechwood at half and it will be over for the birds. I think getting bit in the a!! by them bulldogs last year has effected your brains. WESTERN KY football is weak with exception of Bowling Green and Warren Central, yeah you all though you would be playing Russelville in the third round, got on here and bragged about what a fine team they were (shows you don't know crap about football). Go worry about Mayfield and making it Bowling Green and who ever comes out of the East will be looking for that 5 ints and 32 yards rushing you guys put up on Hazard last year.
Cherokee, that's a real good post there. Shows alot of class. You probably wrote that while swiging on a beer and kicking your dog. We will see just how weak the west is in 18 days.
What weakness did we show? Genius its not just computer rankings it is all the polls have them ranked in similar areas. Not a simulation just dont like to be exposed whith your high and mighty attitude about research til that research makes you look foolish. We put up a record number of yards and gave uo less than 200 we had a couple of turnovers and by all accounts by people who actually know football one of the worst officiated games they have ever seen. One of those guys was a hs hall of fame multiple state champion coach. We came out an scored 28 second half points and overcame a very controversial game and won going away. Of course why would i care about the opinion who thinks that strength of schedule in a sport doesnt matter. Of course the only people in the people in the world who think that is the people who always play one. When was the last 1a team who played a weak schedule that won state? Dont say Hazard last year cause they played a strong schedule last year.
:please: 64SUR Rankings has williamsburg 36 hazard 24 williamsburg score could be bigger an hazard lower by my computer.either way WILLIAMSBURG WINS Confusedmoke:
rednblackattack Wrote:What weakness did we show? Genius its not just computer rankings it is all the polls have them ranked in similar areas. Not a simulation just dont like to be exposed whith your high and mighty attitude about research til that research makes you look foolish. We put up a record number of yards and gave uo less than 200 we had a couple of turnovers and by all accounts by people who actually know football one of the worst officiated games they have ever seen. One of those guys was a hs hall of fame multiple state champion coach. We came out an scored 28 second half points and overcame a very controversial game and won going away. Of course why would i care about the opinion who thinks that strength of schedule in a sport doesnt matter. Of course the only people in the people in the world who think that is the people who always play one. When was the last 1a team who played a weak schedule that won state? Dont say Hazard last year cause they played a strong schedule last year.

just blame them o'refs for the let down, they must have changed ref's for the second half Confusednicker: bottom line there is no winner until the game is played on the field, turnovers, injuries,bad calls,weather,and the heart of your opponent will determine the victory ( as mayfield should have learned from last year) not a bunch of load mouth, arrogant,self described football genius. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COMPUTER WEARING A FOOTBALL HELMET the closes thing to that is 64sur.:ape:
I myself am very glad to have a game like that. It kind of tends to put a team back into perspective. I hope they got the message. As far as weakness, I dont think that was the issue. We actually had at least 3 scoring drives that were over 90 yards. A weak team doesnt get 600 plus yards in a game.
this will be a good game but Williamsburg comes away with the W in the 4th quarter

35-28
mysonis55 Wrote:I myself am very glad to have a game like that. It kind of tends to put a team back into perspective. I hope they got the message. As far as weakness, I dont think that was the issue. We actually had at least 3 scoring drives that were over 90 yards. A weak team doesnt get 600 plus yards in a game.

Dude dont bother Cherokee could give White Panther King a run for his money when it comes to nonlogical football posts. Loves to bring up last years Hazard game but wont mention the year before talks about the West being weak but doesnt mention the fact that since Mayfield went from winning 2a state championships to winning 1a state championship that only 2 actual east teams have won a title one of which was last year. So where is the real weak football? Lets look at HS football 6a Louisville dominates. 5a BG a West team Dominates. 4a Highlands a Northern team dominates. 3a either a louisville or a western team dominates 2a either a western or a northern team dominates 1a either a northern team Central or a western team wins the one exception the last 5 years was hazard. Wow where is the real weakness in highschool football in Ky at least in recent history overall it is in the East.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next