•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11/16
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright double g, I will give you the perfect example. Look at this coming friday's game between Wburg and Hazard. All the talk this year has been about how talented Wburg is and how much Hazard has lost. Watch what happens and you will have the answer to your question.

With that logic, Harlan would have beat Williamsburg because they played a much tougher schedule. Harlan played Pikeville, Williamsburg, Hazard, Leslie, LCA, and Corbin which is a tough schedule for a single A school. I can also think of many years where Lynn Camp was very talented and beat Whitley County, but would end up losing to Williamsburg the next week because they were so beat up. Now I can point out examples the other way too, you can look at the schedule Beechwood was playing during their amazing run. I just do not think it actually comes down to that. It simply comes down to seeing who has the better players between Hazard and Williamsburg. I am not sure who has the better players at this point, but it should be fun finding out.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I never said that I don't think strength of schedule makes a difference, I just said that I think it is overrated and used as the reason a team won or lost a game way to much. How about we just give a team who wins the game credit for just being flat out the better team. As for your example, what if Williamsburg beats Hazard? What happens to Hazards tougher schedule at that point. Like I said teams get beat all the time by a team who had a weaker schedule. One example I can give you is the Knox Central and Russell County game. Some people said that Russell County had a bad schedule and that Knox had a tough schedule and a lot of people were picking Knox to win that game and they were using the Knox schedule as the reason but I think we all know how that turned out.
Another good example is the Raceland and Pikeville game. Raceland was highly favored in this game and people said that Raceland had the tougher schedule and we see how that went.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I disagree. Unless you are talking about a team that doesn't have to play their best players both ways your statement about going up against a good team each day in practice just isn't true. Most schools go up against their JVs in practice. When you only go up against your own backups and inferior teams on Friday nights you just aren't going to be ready for the speed of the game when you go up against a really good team. Knowing your assignments and playbook and perfecting you execution in practice is great...but doing it in practice when you have all day is one thing, doing it when you face a team good enough to disrupt your plan and having to adjust under pressure is much different.

And for Avery Bullock--Somerset would run the clock on the Jackets. The Jumpers defensive front would destroy Williamsburg's offensive line and Sizemore would be lucky to finish the game.

What happens if Williamsburg runs a middle school defense?
Do-double-gg Wrote:Another good example is the Raceland and Pikeville game. Raceland was highly favored in this game and people said that Raceland had the tougher schedule and we see how that went.
Another good example is the Raceland -Fairview game. People said that Fairview had the most weak schedule in all of 1a in the east and were picking Raceland to win but I think Fairview beat Raceland pretty handily. I can go on all night and give examples of teams beating teams who were suposed to win with their stronger schedules. The point is you can't look at a single game in history and prove without a shadow of a doubt that the streinght of schedule was the difference.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I disagree. Unless you are talking about a team that doesn't have to play their best players both ways your statement about going up against a good team each day in practice just isn't true. Most schools go up against their JVs in practice. When you only go up against your own backups and inferior teams on Friday nights you just aren't going to be ready for the speed of the game when you go up against a really good team. Knowing your assignments and playbook and perfecting you execution in practice is great...but doing it in practice when you have all day is one thing, doing it when you face a team good enough to disrupt your plan and having to adjust under pressure is much different.

And for Avery Bullock--Somerset would run the clock on the Jackets. The Jumpers defensive front would destroy Williamsburg's offensive line and Sizemore would be lucky to finish the game.
Really? You think Somerset could run the clock on Williamsburg? hahahahahahahaha. Corect me if I'm wrong but did Hazard not play Somerset within about 7 points? With that logic then Hazard could just about run the clock on Williamsburg or close to it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Really? You think Somerset could run the clock on Williamsburg? hahahahahahahaha. Corect me if I'm wrong but did Hazard not play Somerset within about 7 points? With that logic then Hazard could just about run the clock on Williamsburg or close to it.
I look at last year and see that Hazard beat Williamsburg 28-0. I think Williamsburg is much Improved from last year and they had the same schedule this year as last. Is Hazard as good as last year when they won state? I don't know the answer to that but If it is a close win by Hazard people will say see I told you so it was the schedule. If it is a close win by Williamsburg I don't know what people will say about the strenght of schedule thing. I think it will be a very close game and I think either team is capable of beating the other but who ever wins it wont have as much to do with the strength of schedule as some of you like to think.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Really? You think Somerset could run the clock on Williamsburg? hahahahahahahaha. Corect me if I'm wrong but did Hazard not play Somerset within about 7 points? With that logic then Hazard could just about run the clock on Williamsburg or close to it.

At the time that Somerset played Hazard they were a much different team than they are right now. A change at quarterback has completely changed the offense. Take a look at the two games vs LCA. The first time Somerset had to come from behind (with the new quarterback leading the comeback) 12-9. The second game was 42-0 after 3 quarters before Somerset removed their starters.
This game will not come down to Strength of schedule. The winner will be determined by three things:

1. Weight room training
2. Physical style of play
3. Speed of team

Hazard will win those 3 battles going away!
Avery Bullock Wrote:I would be interested to know just how many Mayfield fans are on this thread (MayfieldCardinal and mysonis55 are two) bashing Williamsburg. They are scared to death that the Jackets are gonna meet them in BG. What other reason could they have to give two sh*ts who comes out of the east?

If Mayfield is that big and bad, it shouldn't matter who gets to BG from the east, they should be more worried about getting there themselves.

Keep the trash talk coming. None of W'burg's players or coaches read this crap anyway.:why:

I posted 1 time and simply stated I think Hazard wins and aimed it at 64 out of fun and somehow I bashed Williamsburg? come on Avery that is not a bash or trash talking. I am more worried about getting there and the teams on the west side we have to play to get there but there are only 8 teams still standing so sure I am going to take a look east and try and figure out all I can about what the east side teams have but the west will be hard for us to advance from espically since we have to travel from here on out til state or we get beat
Oneida is the only good team Williamsburg played this year and they lost that game.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Another good example is the Raceland and Pikeville game. Raceland was highly favored in this game and people said that Raceland had the tougher schedule and we see how that went.

Pikevilles schedules was brutal.. Racelands schedule was as well but Pikevilles was much tougher.
pjdoug Wrote:Oneida is the only good team Williamsburg played this year and they lost that game.

True, Williamsburg (a 1A team which started 4 seniors against Oneida) lost by 3 to the Indians (a 2A team which returned 16 seniors and 16 starters from last year) on a pass play where the receiver was stopped a foot from the endzone as time expired. A loss is a loss but I commend you as being one of the few posters on BGR with enough sense to recognize Oneida as a good team. Most of the other folks on here are too ignorant about Tennessee high school football or too lazy to look up the relevant information. Oneida would make Somerset look like a Pop Warner team.

By 11:00 on Friday night Hazard fans can change out of their "Bulldog Football" shirts to their "Bulldog Basketball" shirts. Then it's a quick trip to Boyd or Pike County for the Jackets on the way to Bowling Green.
Pikeville's schedule was front loaded. They played all the good teams early. They did not begin to play well until they got to the easy part of their schedule. This included a bad loss to Raceland. Once they were able to run their offense without being manhandled they learned what worked for them and improved. Somerset's defensive line would not manhandle Williamsburg up front. This fact was put forward by somebody who has not seen Williamsburg play. I have not seen Somerset. But Williamsburg has a good line with 3 exceptional linemen. They held their own with Oneida with 1 of those 3 being out and another only playing 1 and half quarters. They also played well against Knox Central in a scrimmage. I am not claiming Williamsburg would beat Somerset but it would be a good game. To claim you are vastly superior with out having seen Williamsburg is fool's gold. Hazard is the champion until they are beaten. But Williamsburg will show up and leave their mark. I believe that it is to a team's advantage to play a tough schedule because you learn how to play in tough situations. But I do not believe that it is the monumental advantage that mysonis55 proclaims it to be. It's like playing second to mighty Mayfield in that district. That didn't carry the day. The best team won without having played the mighty Cardinals.
Hey there Avery Bullock---Hold your horses, or should I say jackets..We love our Hazard Bulldog Basketball, but we're not through playing Hazard Football, just yet. We in Hazard travel to Boyd and Pike counties quite ofter and we're gearing up to take that trip again....I can assure you right now, that Williamsburg won't be the "stop sign"....Have a good day..
Let me slow this down, I forgot this is a bunch that has not taken that next step. First no one has said that a tougher schedule is this magic potient. It cant make a bad team great. What it can do is make a talented team better prepared for the playoff run. Therefore, it cannot be over rated. It is another building block, like practice, like scrimmages and like the weight room. A program needs all of these at some point to get to the point they have to be at to win. Take this for what it is worth, or be upset about what you have been told, that is up to you. Friday you will see what a team that has similar talent and uses this formula does to a team that doesnt use it, that is all we are saying here.
E's Army Wrote:Pikeville's schedule was front loaded. They played all the good teams early. They did not begin to play well until they got to the easy part of their schedule. This included a bad loss to Raceland. Once they were able to run their offense without being manhandled they learned what worked for them and improved. Somerset's defensive line would not manhandle Williamsburg up front. This fact was put forward by somebody who has not seen Williamsburg play. I have not seen Somerset. But Williamsburg has a good line with 3 exceptional linemen. They held their own with Oneida with 1 of those 3 being out and another only playing 1 and half quarters. They also played well against Knox Central in a scrimmage. I am not claiming Williamsburg would beat Somerset but it would be a good game. To claim you are vastly superior with out having seen Williamsburg is fool's gold. Hazard is the champion until they are beaten. But Williamsburg will show up and leave their mark. I believe that it is to a team's advantage to play a tough schedule because you learn how to play in tough situations. But I do not believe that it is the monumental advantage that mysonis55 proclaims it to be. It's like playing second to mighty Mayfield in that district. That didn't carry the day. The best team won without having played the mighty Cardinals.

Thats quite evident.
The real smack talker on here as it turns is AVery who is full of Bull
E's Army Wrote:the mighty Cardinals.

I like this :thatsfunn
:insane:waiting on this game GO WILLIAMSBURG i feel good. AIR ATTACK :football:ALL HAZARD FAN WARNING Confusederved:BY THE:policeman:policeman:policemanConfusedmoke:
No one said anything about it being a monumental advantage. It is a big advantage. It is what you call a building block, just like weight lifting, scrimmages and other things are building blocks. If you have 2 teams with similar talent or close to similar talent and there is one with a strong schedule where they are competing in those games, you have to go with the one that has the stronger schedule. Besides that I don't recall Racelands schedule being a powerhouse of a schedule. If you want to play a tough schedule, that doesn't just mean 2a teams, take on the big boys. Ours this year had a 6a team (which we handled), 2 top ten 5a teams (one beat use and one we running clocked), 1 4a team that made it to the round of 16 (which we running clocked), 1 3a top ten team (which we handled), 2 top ten 2a teams (both of which we handled) and a top ten 1a team. That is how you put together a schedule. Hazard did a similar thing and so did Beechwood. I have seen years where we got out of that with at 4 loss season and still won state.
I feel like this is strinkingly similar to what happened to Allen Central in 2009. I know i said this in an older post but its about the same. A team that is constantly below-average gets a taste of winning during the regular season and thinks that they can wear the big boy pants and gets their brains beat out after a whole season of talking trash. Hazard 49 Allen central 14. Williamsburg is better than Allen central was but its really the same situation. that hazard team had gone 6-4 playing a very tough schedule but Dixon had them ready for playoffs. Just like this year. If Williamsburg feels like they are going to come to Hazard and beat a team with that kind of tradition easily, they are sadly mistaken and will be going home in shock. Trash talk has never won a game for anybody.
I liked how this thread is going. Its great. Nothing like the statement of facts and opinions on why and which team is going to win. I myself know that Williamsburg can win this game but i dont think they will. In my opinion they can not turn the ball over in this game if they are going to win this one. They will have to flawless. If they have more than 2 turnovers in this game they will lose. Hazard will have the best defense theyve played all year. Hazard will give up plays early but that defense will tighten up and buckle down later in the game.
Just responding to a couple post.

Hazard's defense is not the best Williamsburg has seen all year. That would have to go to Oneida. Hazard probably has the better db's because of size, but Oneida DB's were fast. Willamsburg was very lucky to have broken the arm of the best DB on the last drive of the game. That kid was good and fast.

I do not think Somerset would running clock Williamsburg. I am not sure what you are thinking on this one. Williamsburg's D-Line is good and fast on the edges. Williamsburg's DB's are good as well. The only problem they have faced this year has been turnovers in the red zone.

I am not sure who will win this game, but I would not discredit Williamsburg so fast. Williamsburg is good and this is the most intriguing game of the 3rd round in my opinnion. Williamsburg will not get pushed around in this game because of their size inside.
Hazard by 14
If the Jackets make no mistakes and do not turn the ball over, this could be a hell of a game. For you who are making comparisons I don't know if Hazard has a better team than last years great team or not but I do know that last year Williamsburg started 8 freshmen
this year they are starting the same team I am sure they are better than last year. Dalton is more mature and will not make foolish mistakes they also have A kicker I look for a great game and will root for either team to win it all. PS Dalton's stats you should see they stand alone.
I hear that train a coming, coming round the bend! Go Dawgs!!!!!
wHERE is my old friend Wildwood you have a whole plate of crow you haven't touched
Somerset did not manhandle Whitley's O line. I have seen them. Williamsburg is very comparable to Whitley upfront. Buffalo who have you seen that manhandled Williamsburg's O line? Nobody. Your statement that Somerset would manhandle Williamsburg upfront is pure conjecture. Tell me what you base that on.
Somerset is a traditional power with a good young program
This game will not be the most intriging game. That belongs to Frankfort at Beechwood. If Wburg plays their best, they can keep this to a 2 td loss. If they don't it will get ugly. I am familiar with Tn Football and have checked out Oneida. They probably wont make it past the next game. Hazard on the other hand beat a Va team that probably will make it to state again. I dont think that team will win it this year, but they will get there.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next