Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12
This was a very good win for belfry. Anybody in the right mind knows that belfry isn't a mediocre team and they are far from it. These teams are rivals and throw out the records because they don't matter. Mattney is a product from belfry and both coaches are very similar and they know each very well. Friday belfry was the better team but next week jcc might be the best. I'm looking forward to breathitt traveling to belfry to have chance to win the region and good possible chance to reach BG.but it going to be rough and the bobcats will have to play as close to perfection as possible to win, looking forward to it though.
About to say something I never thought I would say.

Belfry's passing game was the difference in the game, their QB was awesome strong arm and very accurate, and they had two or three really good receivers. Congrats pirates. As for jc they played a good defensive game but struggled on offense in some situations this is a good thing for the eagle fans though, because it will be fixed before the playoffs
Congrats to the Pirates!

This game was just as I predicted, a Belfry win.

I felt Belfry has a good run defense but not so good against the pass. JC doesn't really have a good passing game which was why I felt Belfy would come out on top.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:About to say something I never thought I would say.

Belfry's passing game was the difference in the game, their QB was awesome strong arm and very accurate, and they had two or three really good receivers. Congrats pirates. As for jc they played a good defensive game but struggled on offense in some situations this is a good thing for the eagle fans though, because it will be fixed before the playoffs
Believe or not this is not the first throwing Belfry team. In 1999 all belfry did was pass. They actually ran rifle ever play and they wasn't bad.
Title town 3 Wrote:Believe or not this is not the first throwing Belfry team. In 1999 all belfry did was pass. They actually ran rifle ever play and they wasn't bad.

This team I believe could be the one to bring the title back to belfry that passing game was awesome against a defence that is just as good as anything they will see in 3a.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Warren is a really talented kid. He has made lemonade out of limes in that he is only called upon to pass at low percentage times (3rd and LONG) and has taken a beating doing it.

Kid is tough and he is the leader of the offense. Can't wait to get everyone healthy. As Haywood likes to say, "We want to peak at the right time"

Belfry's offense has yet to peak.
This Belfry team has yet to play a game where everyone is healthy!Warren,Ghormley,Johnson,Hatfield,Dhari,Taylor and a few others have missed several games.May,Messer and Mullins are all playing with injury.Injury has been an issue for this team.I think they will all have a chance to get healthy and ready for Playoffs!:redboxer:
dns Wrote:JC has beened out played and OUT COACHED THE LAST TWO WEEKS!!!! Ashland should have beat them too!!!! Best of luck JC next and maybe the week after????????

For someone who has only saw JC once in person and that was against Belfry,how would you know that they've been outplayed and outcoached the last two weeks?
diogenes Wrote:trust me, i know a choke job when i see a choke job. Seen plenty. This is a classic choke job. Especially senior night on your own field. This might be an understandable result at cam or at putnam. This is not how teams who claim to want respect respond in huge games. You choose how you want to be remembered. Obviously, both these teams made their decisions tonight. One team cared a lot more than the other. No need for this to go 3 or 4 pages, because that's really all there is to say about it and you can't add anything else to that.

dido!!!!!!!
Belfry just sent a messageTongueirateSho
Good win for Belfry. I think we were the better team but it didn't show tonight. This is becoming a good rivalry game and I hope we continue it. Best of luck to Belfry in the playoffs and JC let's get our heads right to make a run.
Congrats to Belfry on the win. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Represent the East young men.
Diogenes Wrote:Another second round exit sealed. Way to lay a giant egg in a game that matters. If CovCath had worries at all, that stinker certainly just erased them. Let a mediocre team come into Eagle Field and clean your clocks after two great efforts in earlier weeks, at a time when you need to be peaking? I hope for your sake you're embarrassed as you SHOULD be and go home tonight and think long and hard about what it's going to take to be great as opposed to just showing up.

Diogenes Wrote:Absolutely mediocre. Got blasted by Ashland and absolutely run off the field by a Lexington public school. And to not show up against THAT, especially when it is short handed? Pitiful, is being kind. You Belfry people can have all the pride and hear all the ghosts echo that you want, but you know this isnt even a good Belfry team, much less a good statewide team. It's a great win for you, sure, and something to enjoy. and maybe if you can eke by Breathitt, you can stay within 28 of Louisville Central. Maybe. JC: Get this season over with already. CovCath on a running clock. The good news is the core of team is back next year, so maybe if they have any heart they'll watch the DVD of this debacle every night before they go to bed to keep them in the weight room and in conditioning, and maybe they'll decide to try to be champions instead of not even a good 3A team.
I’m saddened by your first two posts in this thread because this is the last thing that this team and program needs is another fair weather fan. Was this game disappointing? Yes it was, but for someone like yourself to get on here and berate high school kids is just unacceptable. I can remember when Johnson Central was the laughing stock of high school football in Eastern Kentucky and you should remember it also. If you were someone who actually played football at Johnson Central your opinion would actually mean something but you’ve never participated in an organized sport in your entire life. So what gives you the right to come on here and talk about high school kids the way you have in this thread? You’re either for this team or you’re not and there’s no room for someone lukewarm like yourself. When all is well, you have nothing but praise ,but when it’s not, you get on here and down the kids and the program. The majority of Johnson Central fans are behind this team 100 percent and there’s no need for another bandwagoner, like yourself. So just do us a favor Doc and stay in Louisville and continue your pouting.
Belfry and JC play each other as tuff as anyone . My son played in 08 and lost to Belfry in the hardest hitting game I ever saw. Then Belry lost to Breathit co. who we beat up on. Then in 2011 we beat Belfry ,who had beaten Ashland,who had beat us. My point is these 2 teams play hard against each other. A loss on either side is by no means says they are a weak team. Also both teams cheer for each other in the playoffs.
Go JC and Go Belfry.
maximus73 Wrote:Belfry and JC play each other as tuff as anyone . My son played in 08 and lost to Belfry in the hardest hitting game I ever saw. Then Belry lost to Breathit co. who we beat up on. Then in 2011 we beat Belfry ,who had beaten Ashland,who had beat us. My point is these 2 teams play hard against each other. A loss on either side is by no means says they are a weak team. Also both teams cheer for each other in the playoffs.

true statment
maximus73 Wrote:Belfry and JC play each other as tuff as anyone . My son played in 08 and lost to Belfry in the hardest hitting game I ever saw . Then Belry lost to Breathit co. who we beat up on. Then in 2011 we beat Belfry ,who had beaten Ashland,who had beat us. My point is these 2 teams play hard against each other. A loss on either side is by no means says they are a weak team. Also both teams cheer for each other in the playoffs.

Great post maximus.