Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
williamsburg 21 oliver springs TN 00
good game with 5 starters sitting out for punishment. Sizemore ran all over the field and people say he cant run.
It was not a pretty win. We came out flat at the beginning of the game but picked it up after half time. I want to clear up something that Defense Wins stated. We did have four starters out tonight one for injury and THREE out for punishment. It would be nice if you would get your facts straight.
Didnt Sizemore throw 4 INT's in the first half?
Might of been why he had to run....

Anyways congrats Jackets, now the real test begin...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Didnt Sizemore throw 4 INT's in the first half?

If you cant pass it run it I guess lol better get in gear cause it playoff time now
Congrats to the Jackets! You had us on the edge of our seats there for a while, very impressed with the team effort! With a 10-1 record you should feel very proud going into the playoffs!
congrats to Williamsburg
Burg defense has only given up 90 points this year. Nice job last night playing without 4 starters.Cory Shelton had a great game. He made plays on both sides of the ball. I don't know his stats but he had a great game catching the ball despite Oliver Springs trying everybody they had on him. He also had an interception and numerous pass breakups. He seemed to be Johnny on the spot all night. Sizemore struggled early but made big plays both running and throwing at key points in the game. He missed one of his big playmaker receivers but Shelton decided he was going to carry the load for both of them.
Why were all the starters being punished?
Team matter! Stir somewhere else gut.
Not having their top receiver definitely changed their entire offense. They had to move players around to positions they weren't used to playing. A couple of freshmen were given much more responsibility than they were used to. They played well, but there were the expected freshmen mistakes. The starters will all be back next week so expect this to be a one week fluke. Receiver 1A, Shelton, really stepped up. Not sure they could have won without him last night.
Just curious, not trying to stir the pot on anything.
Its not like i couldnt find out in 30 second with one phone call and then post it on here myself if i wanted to stir the pot...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Didnt Sizemore throw 4 INT's in the first half?

yeah he threw 4 int's in the first half, a couple intercepted after hitting the recievers in the hands and bouncing into the air and a couple of bad thrown balls by him. But boy the second half was a different story, Sizemore threw 3 TD's and should have had a 4th but the ref called a offensive interference call on a jump ball in the endzone in which our receiver made a great catch. Sizemore finished 16/26 188 yards 3 td's-4int's 80 yards rushing. The story of this game was once he started getting large chuncks of yardage on the ground the passing game fell into place and broke open a 0-0 game at half time.Thats the nice thing about a spread offense with a dual threat QB if this is not working you can go to that, and coach Herron made the adjustments at half time.
Gut you are trolling. Go get on the phone if you need to. Don't air your dirty laundry. Save that for dumb asses to do.
cherokee Wrote:yeah he threw 4 int's in the first half, a couple intercepted after hitting the recievers in the hands and bouncing into the air and a couple of bad thrown balls by him. But boy the second half was a different story, Sizemore threw 3 TD's and should have had a 4th but the ref called a offensive interference call on a jump ball in the endzone in which our receiver made a great catch. Sizemore finished 16/26 188 yards 3 td's-4int's 80 yards rushing. The story of this game was once he started getting large chuncks of yardage on the ground the passing game fell into place and broke open a 0-0 game at half time.Thats the nice thing about a spread offense with a dual threat QB if this is not working you can go to that, and coach Herron made the adjustments at half time.

:dontthink:Looks like the story of the game was the Jackets and D Coordinator Hatcher pitching a shutout!!!!
D has been solid all year. All 4 kids missing were D starters. Patrick, Huskey, Rose-Creekmore, and Lowery are small by they fly to the ball. Williamsburg has a lot of playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. Griiffith, Purdie and Shelton do an excellent job in coverage and let the little fellas get after it. The big three have not been healthy but when they are the Burg is huge up front. Clamery has filled in admirably. Hamblin just plays whatever and where ever he is asked. Sawyers enthusiasm is contagious and he is as tough as it gets.
footballfever Wrote::dontthink:Looks like the story of the game was the Jackets and D Coordinator Hatcher pitching a shutout!!!!

You are correct on that no argument here, Defense done a great job, in the first half the offense left them in some bad positions with those int's but they took care of business. I was just responding to RIUTG concerning the 4 interceptions, should he have posted on the defense my response would have been different.
Have you guys played anyone with a offense this year?
cherokee Wrote:yeah he threw 4 int's in the first half, a couple intercepted after hitting the recievers in the hands and bouncing into the air and a couple of bad thrown balls by him. But boy the second half was a different story, Sizemore threw 3 TD's and should have had a 4th but the ref called a offensive interference call on a jump ball in the endzone in which our receiver made a great catch. Sizemore finished 16/26 188 yards 3 td's-4int's 80 yards rushing. The story of this game was once he started getting large chuncks of yardage on the ground the passing game fell into place and broke open a 0-0 game at half time.Thats the nice thing about a spread offense with a dual threat QB if this is not working you can go to that, and coach Herron made the adjustments at half time.

I had heard about the INT's on the radio.
I know Sizemore is prone to throwing INT's, will it hurt them come playoff time against good defenses?
E's Army Wrote:Gut you are trolling. Go get on the phone if you need to. Don't air your dirty laundry. Save that for dumb asses to do.

I'm not trolling, and i wouldnt post it myself. It's not my place to. And it wouldnt be my dirty laundry, it would be your alls.
I was just asking a simple question. If it is something very bad, i can understand not wanting to say it, and i respect that. The game didnt mean anything anyways....

When this defense starts getting tested what will be some of the weaknesses?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm not trolling, and i wouldnt post it myself. It's not my place to. And it wouldnt be my dirty laundry, it would be your alls.
I was just asking a simple question. If it is something very bad, i can understand not wanting to say it, and i respect that. The game didnt mean anything anyways....

When this defense starts getting tested what will be some of the weaknesses?

If you aren't going to air it on here then why would you ask hat question on here it was a team matter that was handled within the team. The boys learned a lesson that they needed and the rest of the team got a hard fought win!
:theman:jacket4life 5 more games to go.:1:
Jacket4Life Wrote:If you aren't going to air it on here then why would you ask hat question on here it was a team matter that was handled within the team. The boys learned a lesson that they needed and the rest of the team got a hard fought win!

To see if you would tell.
I already know now, so i dont care anymore.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I had heard about the INT's on the radio.
I know Sizemore is prone to throwing INT's, will it hurt them come playoff time against good defenses?

I'm not really in the position to argue about Williamsburg because I just don't know much about them, but 32 TD's to 11 Int on the year doesn't really sound INT prone to me.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To see if you would tell.
I already know now, so i dont care anymore.

Why in the world would you think someone would get on here and talk about what happened with underage kids and why they were punished? Aparently you did care or wanted to start something or you wouldn't have asked. If you could have picked up the phone to find out you should have just done that istead of asking a stupid question like that to start something.
You were trolling gut. Don't be a jerk. Move on. Your lying when you deny it.
RIUTG rommy picture tell me everthing about what you are up to.losing soon instead of winning:lmao:
Confusednicker:

See all other 1A folks, this is how you get Wburg fans tore up, quit letting them troll on you :biggrin:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I'm not really in the position to argue about Williamsburg because I just don't know much about them, but 32 TD's to 11 Int on the year doesn't really sound INT prone to me.

Those 11 INT's came to the better defenses they played. I would like to know the TD/INT ratio of the games against Oneida, and Oliver Springs.

The schedule itself makes those stats insufficient.

Even Wburg fans will tell you he sometimes throws the ball up for grabs just hoping for a catch.
His Receivers have saved him a lot this year
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

See all other 1A folks, this is how you get Wburg fans tore up, quit letting them troll on you :biggrin:

I am not tore up about anything but you trying to start stuff about underage kids and a team matter. When you mess with our boys about stuff that is none of your business this MOM has a right be tore up!
^
Sure sounds like it Confusednicker: