Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 36, Nicholas Co 7
^The KHSAA is what is funny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't usually make a habit of sticking my nose in other peoples arguments but what is with all the talk about Fairview. What actual physical proof do any of you have that Fairview is recruiting. And if recruiting is going on who is doing it. Is it the coaches,fans,parents or who. If it's the coaches actually going out and approaching players from other schools or states then I say this this is wrong,but other then that I don't see anything wrong with it. If a coach does a good job and players from other schools or states take notice and want to come and play for Fairview then who is to tell em no, and this does happen. My nephew plays for Fairview and he has never said anything about recruiting going on or that any player has said that they were recruited. I try to get him to come to Lawrence County to play all the time so is this recruiting?
^Actually Yes it is.

I really don't care either. I just like giving people a hard time every once and awhile.

The deal on Fairview is they have Huntington kids on their team, that weren't allowed to play at their own school this season. So they jumped the river to Kentucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
And when they were told they couldn't play, they had to go and get the courts involved. If any of that is not true I am sure someone from Huntington West/Fairview will let me know.
Eagles2012 Wrote:What's so funny? I'm stating facts, all everybody else can do is throw out info that isn't correct. As I said two local teams cried to KHSAA that we were recruiting, investigation was done, no wrong doing. They wanted the investigation, got the results and still wanna complain. But it's all good, just like the past 2 years, Fairview will be the only team in the area playin for a regional championship. Come on over an watch the Eagles hold up that regional championship trophy.

Don't argue with idiots, they will just lower you to their level then beat you with experience. Apache Indian Boy has been this way his entire life. Idiot. Childish.

Powell has only 2 wins this season. Let's not make it 3. Go (English not French) Eagles! Woo Hoo!
Did you fans know that the eagles are playing Powell Co and the Rams are playing Russell. A huge game!!!!!!
Come on... Move on!!!!!!
Eagles2012 Wrote:I get upset cause people accuse us of recruiting, You make accusations but where's the proof? There is none. KHSAA did investigation and found nothing. Why run a schools name through the mud with no proof.

Disclaimer: This is for facts and facts only. I am not getting into this back and forth stuff, but I do have a question.

You state, that the KHSAA did an investigation and found no wrong doing. How can this be so? I thought when the kids transfered, the KHSAA found them INELIGIBLE and that they had to sit out. THEN a court injunction was filed, so now they are playing. Is this not the correct order of events? Not saying anything is write or wrong, just simply stating the news I heard is different than that of what you keep stating. Again, not starting drama, just wanting to know if I recieved poor information on the subject to begin with.
Wow all this is entertaining. All this is entertaining but will it really matter? If Hazard gets healthy still think they come out of the East. If they dont Fairview and Williamaburg will fight it out. Either way if they get there the west will be waiting good luck! I want to play hazard again but i wouldnt mind testing ourselves against any other one of yall newcommers just remember Mayfield puts a running clock on our opponents to except we do it not just against our weaker 1a opponents we do it to teams like Graves County that just won their district in 5a
I've asked this question before and have yet to receive a good answer:

These kids were from Huntington High (one of the best teams in WV this year) and then expelled, thus ineligible in WV. So out of all the schools between here and there that these boys could have enrolled in and attempted to become eligible to play at, why little ole Fairview? Fairview had nothing to do with that?
Fanman Wrote:I've asked this question before and have yet to receive a good answer:

These kids were from Huntington High (one of the best teams in WV this year) and then expelled, thus ineligible in WV. So out of all the schools between here and there that these boys could have enrolled in and attempted to become eligible to play at, why little ole Fairview? Fairview had nothing to do with that?

I think that is the question that has caused most of the issues at hand, that and the kids that came in took Fairview from a district CONTENDER along with Raceland, to the district favorite and a legitimate state title CONTENDER. It is hard for me to believe that Fairview didn't have their hand in it in some way shape or form. I don't believe that the kids would have went to Fairview, 1. Had they not been expelled and 2. Had some of the other bigger schools between here and Huntington High offered a hand out of acceptance. Reason being, Fairview is not a STATE perinial power, nor historically even a District powerhouse. I would feel the same way about it, had they went to Raceland. I could understand going to a Russell, Ashland, or Ironton, they are bigger schools with state championships, meaning more colleges are going to look their way. Even at it's most innocent, I would venture to say, that McPeak's ties to the Huntingon area and the fact that he played 4 years at Marshall had a major influence on their choice to come to Fairview.

Now with all that said, right or wrong, the kids are playing. They are tallented. But from watching them against Raceland, what I saw were two recievers in Rutherford and King. King didn't impress me as a running back. He is very fast, but once he took the hand off, he looked more determined to scat his way around defenders, rather than lower his shoulders and get between the tackles. Against a faster defense like Raceland, he couldn't get outside to the edges. TURNER on the other hand, impressed me AGAIN. As he has each and every time I've watched him play. He has great vision and isn't afraid to run from the 0-5 wholes and kept his legs moving after contact. And from what I have seen out of him, he is a class act. I can't wait for Raceland vs Fairview round 2.
Eagles2012 Wrote:What's so funny? I'm stating facts, all everybody else can do is throw out info that isn't correct. As I said two local teams cried to KHSAA that we were recruiting, investigation was done, no wrong doing. They wanted the investigation, got the results and still wanna complain. But it's all good, just like the past 2 years, Fairview will be the only team in the area playin for a regional championship. Come on over an watch the Eagles hold up that regional championship trophy.

I highly doubt if it had to go before a judge to get kids playing that there was no wrongdoing.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think that is the question that has caused most of the issues at hand, that and the kids that came in took Fairview from a district CONTENDER along with Raceland, to the district favorite and a legitimate state title CONTENDER. It is hard for me to believe that Fairview didn't have their hand in it in some way shape or form. I don't believe that the kids would have went to Fairview, 1. Had they not been expelled and 2. Had some of the other bigger schools between here and Huntington High offered a hand out of acceptance. Reason being, Fairview is not a STATE perinial power, nor historically even a District powerhouse. I would feel the same way about it, had they went to Raceland. I could understand going to a Russell, Ashland, or Ironton, they are bigger schools with state championships, meaning more colleges are going to look their way. Even at it's most innocent, I would venture to say, that McPeak's ties to the Huntingon area and the fact that he played 4 years at Marshall had a major influence on their choice to come to Fairview.

Now with all that said, right or wrong, the kids are playing. They are tallented. But from watching them against Raceland, what I saw were two recievers in Rutherford and King. King didn't impress me as a running back. He is very fast, but once he took the hand off, he looked more determined to scat his way around defenders, rather than lower his shoulders and get between the tackles. Against a faster defense like Raceland, he couldn't get outside to the edges. TURNER on the other hand, impressed me AGAIN. As he has each and every time I've watched him play. He has great vision and isn't afraid to run from the 0-5 wholes and kept his legs moving after contact. And from what I have seen out of him, he is a class act. I can't wait for Raceland vs Fairview round 2.
Elijah had a high ankle sprain and also cramping up. Was a non factor in the game. But the rematch will be another great Game. The regional championship trophy will look great in WestWood. BITW
Turner is a good kid and a classy one too, that I will admit in a heart beat. But the rest of the stuff going on there is not right, that is the way I and many others see it too. Guess if you can't win with your own players in the Wood the next best thing is to go out and get some from somewhere else, right Clinty Boy?

1. Maybe I'm wrong.... but i'm pretty sure the road is set for Raceland and Fairview to meet in the regional final. Fairview won't be the ONLY team in the area playing for a regional championship.
2. KHSAA never said 'no wrong doing', instead: a judge granted them the ability to play. Westwood-tied judge if I undestand correctly.
3. What's done is done. May we meet again :yum:
Its Due Process of the Law. Time to move on. Whether you feel its ethical or not, has nothing to due with the law. I do not believe its good ethics to tax people the way our governmnet taxes people but its the law. Move on. After Friday night's game you can continue your rants on a new thread until then I'm shutting this thread down.

It's Clint. Not Clit. Not Clinty Boy. Got it Apache Boy. Whatever it is that is eating you, it must be suffering horribly!:hilarious:
Eagles2012 Wrote:Elijah had a high ankle sprain and also cramping up. Was a non factor in the game. But the rematch will be another great Game. The regional championship trophy will look great in WestWood. BITW

I think the biggest advantage Fairview had in the first matchup was the "something to prove" chip on their shoulder. And rightfully so, there were alot of nay sayers hollering "strength of schedule". To some degree I agree with that. I looked at the stat comparisons from the game and Fairview's offense, while was solid, lacked consistency in sustaining drives. In the same breath, Raceland stalled in the redzone. Turnovers were a key factor in Fairview winning the game, as they scored off of one, with the fumble recovery in the endzone off a blocked punt. Then after a nother Raceland fumble or INT, they ran a few plays and scored. The game was indicitive though, of the first half and final 3 minutes of the game. the 3rd quarter was a sleeper from both teams. Fairview just managed to get some momentum going into the end of the 4th.

I said it once, I'll say it again. I don't think Fairview will win this second match up. Not declaring a victory for Raceland, just stating that I believed from the get go that whoever won this matchup would loose the second. It just so happens Fairview got the upper hand on Raceland a few weeks ago. I don't think it will happen again. If we had won the first game, I'd feel the same way. There is a history in our region of great rivalries. But it always seems to work out that way...one team beats another early in the year, then the other team comes back and smacks em in the mouth in the playoffs.

And of corse this all has to actually happen. Pikeville has had poor regular seasons in the past, but managed to win their district, and before you know in they are in the Regional Championship. I don't feel you can ever truly count out Pikeville or Hazard...though i do believe the winner in the east will be Hazard, Raceland, or Fairview. But what a lovely gift they shall recieve to get to play Mayfield, Beechwood, or Frankfort.
Now Raceland has that chip on their shoulder and the defense is playing lights since the Fairview game, we will see what kind of fire they play with against Russell this week, this will be their final test, before the playoffs.
GoodMedicine'05 Wrote:1. Maybe I'm wrong.... but i'm pretty sure the road is set for Raceland and Fairview to meet in the regional final. Fairview won't be the ONLY team in the area playing for a regional championship.
2. KHSAA never said 'no wrong doing', instead: a judge granted them the ability to play. Westwood-tied judge if I undestand correctly.
3. What's done is done. May we meet again :yum:

Ok you misunderstood me, last year when they reported Fairview for recruiting, KHSAA did investigation, no wrong doing was found. With Mason ad Elijah, it's an option the school has If they feel the KHSAA is wrong, go to the courts. Do you think for a second a federal judge would risk getting in trouble for a high school football team?
From the mouth of a Raceland Alumni and long time Fairview distainer(much like you eagles feel about us rams)...LET THE FREAKIN RECRUITMENT TALK GO. Like it or not, right or wrong, it is what it is. They can let them play the rest of the season, then strip Fairview of all the wins and trophies they may win this year, if they find in the favor of the khsaa. OR they can sweep it all under the rug and Fairview keeps the victories and acolades they have gained. Either way, you have to prepare for the team you are scheduled to face. All of this talk has done nothing but cause drama and tension. The patch's, the clint westwoods, the eagle2012s, the 64sur's, HUSH. It's gettin old and I think alot of us are tired of hearing about it. I think I'm going to start an Fairview vs the World thread so all of you can talk you trash and whine on there. That way the rest of us can discuss what the forum is REALLY about. The game thread. It's okay to stray off topic a bit, but with Raceland and Fairview being in the same district, this thread does purtain to us in some way. I'm just tired of the recruitment talk, both the arguments for and against Fairview. Thank you, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Its Due Process of the Law. Time to move on. Whether you feel its ethical or not, has nothing to due with the law. I do not believe its good ethics to tax people the way our governmnet taxes people but its the law. Move on. After Friday night's game you can continue your rants on a new thread until then I'm shutting this thread down.

It's Clint. Not Clit. Not Clinty Boy. Got it Apache Boy. Whatever it is that is eating you, it must be suffering horribly!:hilarious:

Nothing eating at me, and since you have such a hard time remembering how to use my name on here, I think it is just fine for me to do the same with you, Clinty Clinty Bang Bang boy. Sure it has something to do with the law, they had to go to court just so they could get their newest recruits on the field, nobody can deny that Clinty.
I dont have a dog in this fight but everyone in the tri-state knows what's going on in Westwood it's no big secrect so just let it go.
Bronson this is one thread 64SUR has not posted in. Don't poke the tiger with a stick.
Fairview took care of business against Nicholas. Will do the same against Powell and in a few weeks will be ready for round II against Raceland.

Scotty Bronson, That's right and others...lest you forget that it wasn't that long ago that Raceland exercised their right of Due Process of the Law and was allowed a court injunction. I will keep the kid's name out of this but we all know who he is and was allowed to play as a 5th year senior at the age of 19. Fairview didn't whine and cry. We didn't go to the court room like Mr. Melvin did at our injunction. So please give it a rest already. You people are acting like the Liberals that you truly are with your smear tactics.

Blueblood Bag, you are living proof that manure can sprout legs and walk.

I am Clint Westwood and I endorse and support this post.
This is all brand new news to me. Honestly I didnt know of that happening. But I can think back and just about figure out who it might have been, but idk why theyd go through all of that trouble. Now, with that said, i havent been disrespectful in the least and you are calling me out? Maybe i am missreading? I havent done anything but state facts with definitive reasoning and trying to see both sides. But yet again your personal vendeta to make these forums look like the "baby dady show"...aka Maury, is back in full effect.
Not calling you out but I will defend Fairview over this particular issue. Any person, any school or organization has the right in this country to exercise the law to the highest level. If getting an injunction was so wrong and illegal then it wouldn't have been put into law to begin with.

I get along fine with alot of the good folk at Raceland and Ashland. But I also know that many kids were recruited by both R & A. For some folk to get on here and act holier than thou makes me sick. R & A have done more recruiting over the years than little tiny wee wee fairview.

On this final note, I was not calling you out just setting the record straight. Just hope you dont launch an unworthy campaign like Geronimo.
So who was the 19 year old that Raceland got an injunction for, and what was his story? I'd like to hear more details on this.
You people never stop do you!
Fairview defeated the Rams.
Court says no wrong doing so far.
So let's move on.
This stuff is so crazy!
Fairview is our rival.
But we are not the judge and jury!

If and we beat the eagles on the field.(and that's all I worry about). Then we can boast a little.
Until then. No excuses for losing!
Go Rams
We both have games Friday. And the Rams game is a big one.
But this thread is getting most of the attention!
Don't understand!
Russell and Powell should be our only focus!
You guys can get back to fighting in a couple weeks. We have Russell and two playoff games first.
Go Rams and eagles!
I say that because I want the two best playing each other. No upsets!
Clint Westwood Wrote:Not calling you out but I will defend Fairview over this particular issue. Any person, any school or organization has the right in this country to exercise the law to the highest level. If getting an injunction was so wrong and illegal then it wouldn't have been put into law to begin with.

I get along fine with alot of the good folk at Raceland and Ashland. But I also know that many kids were recruited by both R & A. For some folk to get on here and act holier than thou makes me sick. R & A have done more recruiting over the years than little tiny wee wee fairview.

On this final note, I was not calling you out just setting the record straight. Just hope you dont launch an unworthy campaign like Geronimo.

OK. No harm no foul. I can respect anyone willing to fight for their school. Recruiting goes on, it's true. But more times than not, there are realistic reasons for a kid coming into a new program. It just looks odd when someone leaves a big time program to come to a weaker team, with less accolades, and prospects. That's the only thing that is odd to me. But like i've said, it is what it is. The kids are there and they are playing. I'm done with the recruitment talk. It's getting out of hand. Good luck to Fairview against Powell and I hope both of us remain healthy untill we meet again in a couple weeks. I'll be ruiting for the Eagles until they meet the Rams again.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:He was 19 after the legal date and all schools have to get kids cleared, no injunction was given because the KHSSA ruled he could play! He then went to greenup for baseball. He was a okay football player, stayed hurt most of the time. I just state facts, don't care what your westweed jerks think about me! And for the paper saying mcpeek as in the same league with TOM Scott! Boyd co. played tough schedules!!! That had to be the funniest thing I've seen in forever!