Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 2012/13
Nickname: Commodores
Head Coach: Kevin Spurlock (New Head Coach)
2011/12: 23-5
Post Season: Lost 1st Round of Districts
Players lost to graduation: 4

2012/13 Varsity Schedule

Nov 28, 12 Riverside Christian 7:30 PM
Nov 30, 12 TBA
Dec 1, 12 at Powell County 7:30 PM
Dec 7, 12 Australian National Team h 7:30 PM
Dec 8, 12 Southwestern (at Clay County) Bobby Keith Classic
Dec 11, 12 Johnson Central 7:30 PM
Dec 14, 12 at Bell County 7:30 PM
Dec 18, 12 Letcher County Central 7:30 PM
Dec 20, 12 TBA
Dec 21, 12 TBA
Dec 22, 12 TBA
Dec 27, 12 TBA (at Lexington Catholic) Republic Bank Classic
Dec 28, 12 TBA (at Lexington Catholic) Republic Bank Classic
Dec 29, 12 TBA (at Lexington Catholic) Republic Bank Classic
Dec 30, 12 TBA (at Lexington Catholic) Republic Bank Classic
Jan 3, 13 Owsley County 7:30 PM
Jan 8, 13 TBA WYMT Classic
Jan 11, 13 TBA WYMT Classic
Jan 12, 13 TBA WYMT Classic
Jan 15, 13 Breathitt County 7:30 PM
Jan 17, 13 TBA (at Scott County) Toyota Classic
Jan 18, 13 TBA (at Scott County) Toyota Classic
Jan 19, 13 TBA (at Scott County) Toyota Classic
Jan 25, 13 at Clay County 7:30 PM
Jan 29, 13 at Wolfe County 7:30 PM
Feb 2, 13 at Harlan County 7:30 PM
Feb 5, 13 Knox Central 7:30 PM
Feb 7, 13 Knott County Central 7:30 PM
Feb 12, 13 at Breathitt County 7:30 PM
Feb 15, 13 Cordia
I believe Nov 30 is the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Perry Central. Not sure where they're at Dec 20-22
I wonder if Spurlock will agree to play Buckhorn and Leslie
Looks like we've got a good senior night game Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:Looks like we've got a good senior night game Wink

I am throwing the :igiveup: already!
WALL2WALL Wrote:I am throwing the :igiveup: already!

I wouldnt say that just yet, Rhodes has got some kids over there that can play. Not sure if he can coach and keep them there. But if the ones he has stays watch out.
I think at the booster club meeting Perry is going to get out of the Riverside game and add someone different Spurlock said their was no need for them to be playing Riverside and they are trying to drop Cordia also. Hatcher made the schedule and it would cost them money to get out of these 2 games. Southwestern will be a top 5 team they play at Clay,Co and I believe they play Louisville Trinity in the first game of the Republican bank classic at Lex,Catholic.So it will be pretty competitive and maybe the best schedule in the region.
I think the DEC 29th through the 23rd they going to play in he King of the Bluegrass in Louisville.
Dec 20th through the 23rd the king of the Bluegrass in Louisville.
Strikeout King Wrote:I believe Nov 30 is the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Perry Central. Not sure where they're at Dec 20-22

I'm hearing maybe City of the Palms in Florida. Can't get in the big tourney but will maybe play a game or two against a couple of the teams from that tourney. Not sure yet. This will b by far the best schedule EVER at PCC.
Admission to a single game- $34.95
Season Tickets- $849.99
Box Seats- $1200.00
Watching Perry's newest recruits still get beat in the district.....Priceless.

Confusednicker:
ballstar Wrote:I'm hearing maybe City of the Palms in Florida. Can't get in the big tourney but will maybe play a game or two against a couple of the teams from that tourney. Not sure yet. This will b by far the best schedule EVER at PCC.

Teams for the KOTB have already been made and Perry Central isn't in it.

2012 King of the Bluegrass Teams

KENTUCKY TEAMS

APOLLO - 2012 Third Region Champions

BALLARD - Quentin Snyder - comitted to University of Louisville

BOWLING GREEN -2012 Fourth Region Champions

BULLITT EAST - 2012 Sixth Region Champions - Derek Willis - committed to University of Kentucky

BUTLER - 2011 KOB Runner-up

COLLINS - Team on the rise

FAIRDALE - Bo Crabtree -2011 KOB Ralph Beard Spirit Award, Josh Payne 153 career 3's

HOPKINSVILLE - 2012 Second Region Champions

MADISON CENTRAL - Dominique Hawkins 20 ppg - One of top programs in state

PLEASURE RIDGE PARK - 2011 Sixth Region Runner-up, Coach Dale Mabrey 31 years - 789 wins

ST. XAVIER - 2011 Seventh Region Runner-up

TRINITY - 2012 Kentucky State Champions - Seventh Region Champions

OUT OF STATE

CHRIST PRESBYTERIAN - NASHVILLE, TN - 2012 Tennessee 2A State Champions, 2011 KOB Champions

SOUTH SHORE - BROOKLYN, NY - Terrance Samuels and Shamiek Shepherd Top 20 in New York

MOUNTAIN POINTE - PHOENIX, AZ - two Big Time Football players, Coach Aaron Windler (Chaparral H.S.)

PHILADELPHIA ELECTRIC & TECHNICAL - PHILADELPHIA, PA - 6'9" Jai Williams - comitted to St. Joseph (PA)
I don't think Louisville Trinity is in the republic bank classic. Not the toughest PCC schedule ever,but to even have Riverside on your schedule is funny. A top 5 program in eastern Kentucky should never have a team like that on their schedule..They started a 4th grader last year!! Reminds me of when LCC football scheduled Evangle Christian and they showed up with 12 players,(one of which was a girl) driving a church van.
thegr81 Wrote:I don't think Louisville Trinity is in the republic bank classic. Not the toughest PCC schedule ever,but to even have Riverside on your schedule is funny. A top 5 program in eastern Kentucky should never have a team like that on their schedule..They started a 4th grader last year!! Reminds me of when LCC football scheduled Evangle Christian and they showed up with 12 players,(one of which was a girl) driving a church van.

It may not look like it now but it will be the toughest schedule once Spurlock is done. They will also pick up 3 to 4 GOOD games in the open dates for dec.
Theres a team over in Virginia always looking for games called Oak Hill Academy. Id rather lose to them by 50 as play a team like Riverside. Pure joke.
You have to drop a few Gs before Oak Hill will even roll up.
I don't care for playing Riverside either - but it is the epitome of a good "warmup game"
They want lose this year in the district they got rid of their troubles. Coach or Player you figure it out I was told they were in the KOTB but must have drop out Spurlock said he didnt believe of going far away from home and He said that they would be playing in state not out of state he was a family man and would not go out of state to play, that was at the boosters meeting. They will replace riverside on the schedule Hatcher schedule them, And by the way they dont have a lot of cash to work with either.
ballboy Wrote:They want lose this year in the district they got rid of their troubles. Coach or Player you figure it out I was told they were in the KOTB but must have drop out Spurlock said he didnt believe of going far away from home and He said that they would be playing in state not out of state he was a family man and would not go out of state to play, that was at the boosters meeting. They will replace riverside on the schedule Hatcher schedule them, And by the way they dont have a lot of cash to work with either.

If you want a tough schedule you dont drop out of one of the toughest tourny's in the state. Maybe to tough?
Downtown10 Wrote:If you want a tough schedule you dont drop out of one of the toughest tourny's in the state. Maybe to tough?

Never was in KOTB, tried to get in when Spurlock got there but field has been set. Also tried to get n2 the city of palms tourney but field is set as well. I'm sure this will b the best schedule ever for PCC. Gtown Classic, Rep Bank Classic, Southwestern, Bryan Station and all the best teams from the surrounding regions to name a few. They are trying to pick up several more good teams for the days just b4 Christmas. Should be a tourney ready team come feb.
I was told by a good source they were inthe KOTB. But thats fine their not another team in the region or eastern Ky that will play that type of schedule this upcoming year.
go ahead and give PCC the 14th region championship. because the way listen to the PCC fans talk nobody going to be able beat them this year. I guess Hazard, Knott and Breathitt should not even play this year. But that is the way they felt last year also. Until they had to play they buckhorn. I guess PCC fans hope they dont play Buckhorn in the district this year.
Knott County could do well in the KOTB. Would of Perry played in it if they hadnt acquired the services of Mr. Justin Johnson? NO
Just hurd pcc has Miami on the schedule.
^Miami U is a 9 point underdog in this game. Their recruiting class ranks 6 spots behind PCC's class. That's why Miami is the 9 point dog.
jacobcody2 Wrote:go ahead and give PCC the 14th region championship. because the way listen to the PCC fans talk nobody going to be able beat them this year. I guess Hazard, Knott and Breathitt should not even play this year. But that is the way they felt last year also. Until they had to play they buckhorn. I guess PCC fans hope they dont play Buckhorn in the district this year.

I hate how everyone thinks Buckhorn is Perry's kryptonite or something. They have beaten Perry once in the last 5 years.
Well the Kryptonite worked against Perrys best team ever assembled didnt it? In County Rivalrys cause weaker athletes to excel more than they ever had before. Buckhorn is always a dangerous opponent for the Commodores.
HUB Wrote:^Miami U is a 9 point underdog in this game. Their recruiting class ranks 6 spots behind PCC's class. That's why Miami is the 9 point dog.

I was actually referring to the miami heat.
wood_chuck Wrote:I hate how everyone thinks Buckhorn is Perry's kryptonite or something. They have beaten Perry once in the last 5 years.

Twice in the history of PCC unless I am forgetting one somewhere. Both were in district tournament which makes them stick out more.
PCC plays Scott co at jackson co
Altro Cat Wrote:Twice in the history of PCC unless I am forgetting one somewhere. Both were in district tournament which makes them stick out more.

After both of those losses to Buckhorn the PCC head coach resigned too.