Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!
With tonight's loss to the Tigers by the Deads, the Pittsburgh Pirates are tied for first place in the NL Central!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
How about those BATTLIN BUCS?!?!?! Pitching is solid, bats have woke up, defense is solid, Streak ends this year.
RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The pitching is awesome for them right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

Let's see if their still in first place on September 19th
^ Actually let's see who's in first place right now? Sure isn't Pittsburgh.....sorry Hoss, had to do it Big Grin
Pittsburgh has some great pitching, they seem to do really well with pitchers who nobody else seemed to want...like A.J Burnett & Erik Bedard, who both are having a stellar season so far.

Andrew McCutchen is one of the best players in all of baseball.

Right now tho, I'm not sure if they have the offense that is capable of keeping the pace...but we'll see.
Still early
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
MustangSally Wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

Nice International Talk like a Pirate day referenceTongueirateSho
Who gives a flying frickin crap about the Pittsburgh Parrots?
well obviously someone does since they started this thread
Reds are in first place with a 4 game lead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who gives a flying frickin crap about the Pittsburgh Parrots?
Yeah...God forbid there be a thread about something other than UK basketball or Reds baseball..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't see how Pittsburgh is going to stay in the race all year long. They just don't have enough consistent offense outside of McCutchen. They have guys that can hit well at times like Alvarez and Walker, but they are also very streaky.

That said, I hope they do keep it up. I would much rather be battling the Pirates for the division at the end of the year, than the whiny little Cardinals. :ChairHit:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, they just knocked off the Motor $hitty Kitties 4-1. They are finally scratching in runs. 5 games over 500. For the moment, I am happy with my Buccos!!!!!
Beat the Tigers 4-1 again today. Our Buccos are 38-32 and 1 game behind the Redlegs, and even look adequate on offense now! THIS is the year the streak ends!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
For the Pirates, The All-Star break means

[Image: http://www.betternation.org/wp-content/u...edive.jpeg]
Stardust, you know it is not how you start but how you finish that counts. The Buccos are starting to get guys back that have been on the DL for a while. We will see, but right now, things have been as good as it has been in the 'Burgh since 1992.
First place baby!!!!! Bob Prince is sleeping well tonight!!!!!:insane:
First place all by themselves at the Break. 11 games over .500!!!! Cutch for MVP!!!!!!
Don't forget it's a marathon not a 10K.........or something like that.
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://occupyhealthcare.net/wp-content/u...ship-1.jpg]

Dust, your picture is pretty accurate to what's going on in Pittsburgh right now.

But... that's pretty harsh. I don't have anything against the Pirates. In fact, I would love to see them make the playoffs this year as the Wild Card, with the Reds winning the division, of course. Would be neat to see a team with their tradition back after being down so long.

Will be as big a Pirates fan as anybody when they play the whiny Cardinals again next week!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd love to see Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Would love to beat them as well though, lol.
[YOUTUBE="Oh the humanity"]lFptgQ8GA_U[/YOUTUBE]
pittsburgh is bad bad bad bad bad
:flush:

Stick a fork in the Pirates because THEY ARE DONE!!!!!:HitWall:
MustangSally Wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

seems like the answer to this will be those Scurvy dog pirates have Scuttle their season.

Hang 'im from the yardarm since Dead men tell no tales. Off to Davy Jones' Locker you Bilge-sucking pirates of Pittsburgh