Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 21 - George Washington 14 (Charleston, WV)
final
Good win Tomcats
Obviously George Washington wasn't as good as "advertised".
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Obviously George Washington wasn't as good as "advertised".

Nope GW is very good. Not having Switzer hurt them obviously. But crowder is going to a d-1 program at Charlotte and I believe the qb was getting some looks. With Switzer this is probably a different outcome but even without him they are no cupcake.
Congratulations Ashland Blazer. Surprised. Great win even though Switzer didn't play.
Great win! Just goes to show how much better KY high school football is than WV high school football. Any news on Baker's stats?
congrats to the Tomcats
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Nope GW is very good. Not having Switzer hurt them obviously. But crowder is going to a d-1 program at Charlotte and I believe the qb was getting some looks. With Switzer this is probably a different outcome but even without him they are no cupcake.

Sounds like an honest appraisal. Congratulations on your win.
^Here we go^
:zzz:
BADCAT74 Wrote:^Here we go^
:zzz:

Just remember it will all get settled in the field so let them talk badcat. 3-0
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Obviously George Washington wasn't as good as "advertised".

UP YOURS HARRY!

pretty obvious nothing they do or anybody Ashland plays wont be good enough for Harry the great.
:lame:

Just keep it rolling Cats next on chopping block the mighty Red Devils the ones that were going to beat them Tigers. Can u say blow out...
He's a Highlands fan. Trust me. He isn't worried. He's just laughing.
BADCAT74 Wrote:UP YOURS HARRY!

pretty obvious nothing they do or anybody Ashland plays wont be good enough for Harry the great.
:lame:

Just keep it rolling Cats next on chopping block the mighty Red Devils the ones that were going to beat them Tigers. Can u say blow out...

I honestly don't think it's going to be a blowout BADCAT. it was a 6 point game at the half. Huge 3rd by a much improved Ironton team opened it up.

We will find out Friday though.
FBALL Wrote:I honestly don't think it's going to be a blowout BADCAT. it was a 6 point game at the half. Huge 3rd by a much improved Ironton team opened it up.

We will find out Friday though.

I wasn't talking bout Ashland, I meant ironton blowout over Russell.
but ill take Ashland in a mild blowout next week something like 35-14.
We will see come Friday. I can't wait.

By the way. Them Tigers are pretty damn good. You guys are in a really tough stretch of games. I don't care what anybody else says.
Defense defense defense... Ashland played stifling D in the second half and GW has the fastest D we'll. See til 2nd round of playoffs. IMO. Glad we extended this series for another 2 yrs.
During football season, it is always fun to read the posts from some Ashland fans. As several other posters have stated, many Ashland supporters are obnoxious. I have heard it said that, if the federal government could buy Ashland's athletic program for what it is truly worth and sell it for what the Ashlanders think it is worth, we could remove the sixteen trillion dollar deficit in a short time.

Now this post isn't meant as a shot at tomcatfan722000 who has proven to be a realistic and honest poster. On the other hand, BADCAT74 is typical of many of those Ashland fans. As I said, completely removed from reality.

Diogenes is correct. I am a longtime FTH fan. I know, tomcatfan722000 knows, all football fans know, and BADCAT74 should know, that Ashland will win until it plays CovCath or FTH. Their season will end at that time in, most always, a blowout.

However, I still offer my congratulations to tomcatfan722000, a truly unique figure in the world of Ashland athletics.
When did I ever say we were going to beat those teams HARRY. Chances are yes playing the Universities of Northern ky we will lose. But ya gotta play the game HARRY an we ain't skerred of any bullies from the north or anywhere else. We will strap them on an give it our best shot if that falls short or (long) its gonna happen eventually.

SO SUCK ON THAT... HARRY

GO CATS!!!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:During football season, it is always fun to read the posts from some Ashland fans. As several other posters have stated, many Ashland supporters are obnoxious. I have heard it said that, if the federal government could buy Ashland's athletic program for what it is truly worth and sell it for what the Ashlanders think it is worth, we could remove the sixteen trillion dollar deficit in a short time.

Now this post isn't meant as a shot at tomcatfan722000 who has proven to be a realistic and honest poster. On the other hand, BADCAT74 is typical of many of those Ashland fans. As I said, completely removed from reality.

Diogenes is correct. I am a longtime FTH fan. I know, tomcatfan722000 knows, all football fans know, and BADCAT74 should know, that Ashland will win until it plays CovCath or FTH. Their season will end at that time in, most always, a blowout.

However, I still offer my congratulations to tomcatfan722000, a truly unique figure in the world of Ashland athletics.

Badcat did say that GW defense was the fastest we will see till the second round of the playoffs which would be either FTH or Cov Cath so make no mistake about it all Ashland fans know how good those teams are. I will say this though Highlands defensively has been very shaky struggled at home to a Boyle county team having some issues offensively a show by it's loss to Danville. Cov Cath isn't exactly playing the best competition in campbell co,dixie hights, or la salle. Even though la salle is a cincinatti school they are not the caliber of St.X,Elder,Or Colerain so no one really knows what to make of either team at this point and there game against each Other should tell us a lot. But right now no team in 4A looks unbeatable.
BADCAT74 Wrote:When did I ever say we were going to beat those teams HARRY. Chances are yes playing the Universities of Northern ky we will lose. But ya gotta play the game HARRY an we ain't skerred of any bullies from the north or anywhere else. We will strap them on an give it our best shot if that falls short or (long) its gonna happen eventually.

SO SUCK ON THAT... HARRY

GO CATS!!!

Good post, BADCAT74. You do more to prove my point and to extend the perception of Ashland's glass house arrogance better than I could ever do. Your words tell it all. Thank you for being "Exhibit A". All form and no substance and, as for that long ago "tradition", Army and Navy were big time back in the 1940s.

Now, tomcatfan722000, you are slipping a little. While all Class 4A teams could and would lose to Trinity, it is a fantasy to think that FTH or CovCath would lose to anyone east of Cold Spring. Still, you haven't drowned in that maroon sugar water yet as has BADCAT74. And, your boys will beat Class 2A Russell without much trouble. Enjoy those wins.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Good post, BADCAT74. You do more to prove my point and to extend the perception of Ashland's glass house arrogance better than I could ever do. Your words tell it all. Thank you for being "Exhibit A". All form and no substance and, as for that long ago "tradition", Army and Navy were big time back in the 1940s.

Now, tomcatfan722000, you are slipping a little. While all Class 4A teams could and would lose to Trinity, it is a fantasy to think that FTH or CovCath would lose to anyone east of Cold Spring. Still, you haven't drowned in that maroon sugar water yet as has BADCAT74. And, your boys will beat Class 2A Russell without much trouble. Enjoy those wins.

I am not suggesting Ashland is gonna beat either team. Way to early to make that statement. Just saying in 4A NKY isnt as strong as past years. Now maybe Highlands and Cov Cath improve leaps and bounds and leave everyone behind or maybe an injury to bur/bir( not sure about spelling) at covcath or McCoy at highlands changes the complexion of this season. Way to early to tell especially in a down year in class 4A
If were so inferior to you HARRY. Why do u waste your Valuable time worringabout Ashland an some other easterners? You must been one if those guys who never got to play on some of those great teams your talking about an the only way you can feel good about yourself is to brag about something you had little or nothing to do with.
Or why else would you troll on threads that have nothing to do with the mighty highlands.
I bet I'm gettin warm?
Harry, give it a rest man. Ashland's an EKY team and we need to troll more on the Cov Cath's and the NCCs of the world. There's no point on picking on the EKY folk unless it's Belfry or JC. Ashland actually did do a decent job on Cov Cath last year from what I saw on the film of it. Had their coach not punted two times on Cov Cath's 30 yard line they might have had a chance for another score.
WideRight05 Wrote:Harry, give it a rest man. Ashland's an EKY team and we need to troll more on the Cov Cath's and the NCCs of the world. There's no point on picking on the EKY folk unless it's Belfry or JC. Ashland actually did do a decent job on Cov Cath last year from what I saw on the film of it. Had their coach not punted two times on Cov Cath's 30 yard line they might have had a chance for another score.

Isn't there some kind of rule that trolls should not admit they are trolling lol jk you guys make this site fun
BADCAT74 Wrote:If were so inferior to you HARRY. Why do u waste your Valuable time worringabout Ashland an some other easterners? You must been one if those guys who never got to play on some of those great teams your talking about an the only way you can feel good about yourself is to brag about something you had little or nothing to do with.
Or why else would you troll on threads that have nothing to do with the mighty highlands.
I bet I'm gettin warm?

Why do I post on this thread? For amusement, of course. It is so easy to jerk the chain of you people. Worrying about Ashland? Not likely. And that is part of the amusement because no one worries about Ashland. Why should they? And, in the end, that is why it is so amusing. You boys make it too easy. Those who live with their faded "traditions" tend to be that way (tomcatfan722000, a realist, a good fan, and a rarity up your way, excepted).
Talk about obnoxious. Admitting that you simply get on here for amusement is about what I'd expect from someone like you.
An you call ashland people obnoxious? Its really kinda funny all this attention from one asshole injecting there opinion about other teams strength of schedule etc... I always kinda admired Highlands from the outside looking in, but people like you are doing exactly what you say Ashland Fans do?

Being obnoxious. Go figure? Can we talk about the game now without your endless jabbering about how great highlands is. I make you a thread where you can sit in your basement making yourself feel-good.
Eww! Probably that too.
Addendum to Post No. 25:

Don't take all this so seriously. These threads always have a lot of "trash talk" of sorts. That is part of the exercise. Your win at George Washington was somewhat impressive- even though GW had several top players out of the lineup (sorry, I had to add that).

You will beat Russell, Belfry doesn't appear too good, and neither does Johnson Central. The other teams on your schedule, per KHSAA website, are weak at best.
I don't know much about Ironton. So, you could enter the playoffs with zero or one loss. That would make for a fine season, don't you think?
BADCAT74 Wrote:Talk about obnoxious. Admitting that you simply get on here for amusement is about what I'd expect from someone like you.
An you call ashland people obnoxious? Its really kinda funny all this attention from one asshole injecting there opinion about other teams strength of schedule etc... I always kinda admired Highlands from the outside looking in, but people like you are doing exactly what you say Ashland Fans do?

Being obnoxious. Go figure? Can we talk about the game now without your endless jabbering about how great highlands is. I make you a thread where you can sit in your basement making yourself feel-good.
Eww! Probably that too.

Oh. Oh. Now that old purple ghost of jealousy is showing. Or is it faded maroon? I would have expected better.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Addendum to Post No. 25:

Don't take all this so seriously. These threads always have a lot of "trash talk" of sorts. That is part of the exercise. Your win at George Washington was somewhat impressive- even though GW had several top players out of the lineup (sorry, I had to add that).

You will beat Russell, Belfry doesn't appear too good, and neither does Johnson Central. The other teams on your schedule, per KHSAA website, are weak at best.
I don't know much about Ironton. So, you could enter the playoffs with zero or one loss. That would make for a fine season, don't you think?
Ironton is a big physical football team not much speed except for the RB Lewis and the qb duty. Those two are lightening quick. Speed was those two remind me of the qb/rb combo of cov cath last season. Not as good of a passing offense as cov cath but very good running qb and a lightning fast running back that can go to the house on any play. Lewis at RB is stronger than the kid from cov cath last year so they should give u some idea. They ran for almost 500 yards against Russell. With that game being in Ohio, Ashland will have to overcome the officials as well. But you NKY guys understand that problem as well as anyone. If the tomcats go Into Ironton and come out with a W then I would declare them for real. The team I saw Friday was the best Ironton Team I have seen in 8-10 years
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ironton is a big physical football team not much speed except for the RB Lewis and the qb duty. Those two are lightening quick. Speed was those two remind me of the qb/rb combo of cov cath last season. Not as good of a passing offense as cov cath but very good running qb and a lightning fast running back that can go to the house on any play. Lewis at RB is stronger than the kid from cov cath last year so they should give u some idea. They ran for almost 500 yards against Russell. With that game being in Ohio, Ashland will have to overcome the officials as well. But you NKY guys understand that problem as well as anyone. If the tomcats go Into Ironton and come out with a W then I would declare them for real. The team I saw Friday was the best Ironton Team I have seen in 8-10 years

Amen. Ohio officials are a bit different- at least in our eyes. Thank you for the information on Ironton. I know that they have had some fine teams through the years.