Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Harrison County (at Belfry/Pikeville) 8/24
Who wins and why?
Belfry by as much as they want!!!
I predict an easy win. I think the margin will depend on whether Haywood decides to "work on stuff" or simply run what he is most confident in executing early this season. My guess is Belfry will call more passes and works on the broader offensive playbook.

Don't see the defense giving up much to Harrison Co.

Belfry 48
Harrison Co. 7
Belfry 62
Harrison 6
Belfry...because they're the better team.
Harrison Co is better this year than years past but the Pirates are to strong and win this going away in a 55-20 victory.
Unfortunately for the Pike Co Bowl this will be another blow out. Hope in the near future the PCB can get back to what it once was with quality competition coming in. Many factors have figured into this once powerful bowl to becoming a ho-hum event. Good luck Pirates!!!
Belfry
Harrison is actually worse than last year. This game wont be close. last year Harrison was coached by former Belfry Alum. Not the case this year.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Harrison is actually worse than last year. This game wont be close. last year Harrison was coached by former Belfry Alum. Not the case this year.

yea Harrison made SC look good already..TongueirateSho
Mark Carroll had things moving in the right direction @ Harrison. Not sure what/why he was not retained. However, I understand there are some hard feelings that still exist
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Mark Carroll had things moving in the right direction @ Harrison. Not sure what/why he was not retained. However, I understand there are some hard feelings that still exist
On Mark's end or on Harrison County's end?
Belfry by what ever they want. dont see sthem putting 60 or more up. I beleive thats only happened twice in the last five years or something. But it will be close to it. 55-20. Most of Harrrison Co. points coming after the pirate Varsity is off the field.
Mark will make a fine coach for someone in EKY.

I don't want to assign "hot seat" status to other programs (especially those who just hired a new coach), but just hypothetically speaking, he would be a good fit at:

Lawrence County
Letcher Central
Shelby Valley
Middlesboro
Has anyone spoken to Mark recently? Would he consider coming back to EKY?
cuppett777 Wrote:yea Harrison made SC look good already..TongueirateSho

i remember when i had my first beer :lmao:
Micro-Brew Wrote:Has anyone spoken to Mark recently? Would he consider coming back to EKY?
Not sure he would. He is coaching at N. Hardin as an assistant this season. I have no idea if he wants to move east.
I think the Pirates will be too much 35-0.
cardfan1398 Wrote:i remember when i had my first beer

sorry you remember that , hope you remember more than that someday...:Thumbs:
Belfry-42
Harrison Co-6
Barring some cataclismic event, the only game I have Belfry as an underdog in is the Ashland game, and that will be one for the books... I hope. But as for this game, not so much. The Pirates will roll in this one.
neutral field
[2012] Belfry (KY) 42, [2012] Harrison County (Cynthiana, KY) 0
Belfry=48
Harrison=12

GO BIG RED
Appreciate the respect Always, but IMO, Johnson Central is also a favorite. They have been getting little respect due to losing Jude, but they will be very good.

As a fan, I'd like to see us come out and run the bread and butter for the first 2-3 drives and open up a lead. After that, start working the best guys at the new plays. Might give some tape to people down the road, but I'd rather be able to execute that stuff and let them prepare for more than "maybe" surprise teams late in the year with stuff we have just worked on.
Belfry 42

Harrison County 0
belfry wins easily repeat from last year
I think this one should be close........... before kickoff
No disrespect towards Harrison Co but they are out matched and out gunned in this one. I know the Pike Co Bowl is a good pay day but with that district I would not be playing the likes of Belfry. I would look for a game that I have a better opportunity for picking up a W.

Belfry: 42
Harrison Co: 14
PaytoPlay Wrote:I predict an easy win. I think the margin will depend on whether Haywood decides to "work on stuff" or simply run what he is most confident in executing early this season. My guess is Belfry will call more passes and works on the broader offensive playbook.

Don't see the defense giving up much to Harrison Co.

Belfry 48
Harrison Co. 7

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with everything you said. The 7 will come against Belfry's 2nd team or maybe even JV defense.
Belfry 48 Harrison,Co 13. Belfry should be playing better teams than this bunch.
Yes they should be, but they are handcuffed by the Pike County Bowl Committee and the quality of the PCB competition has dramatically declined these last few years.