Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County Vs. Rowan County (Scrimmage) 8/8
Predictions?
Where is the scrimmage at and what time? Thanks
The scrimmage will be Wednesday at Boyle, but I'm not sure what time yet. Will post when I find out
Rowan wins by 14 plus
My prediction is Boyle will learn a lot from this scrimmage to get them ready for the up coming season. What ever the score is, has no affect on the season. It's pre season to learn where you need to focus for the future games. Win or lose, Boyle will have a great season and contend for the district championship with LC. I am not up on what Rowan has, but IMO they will not come to Titletown a push the Rebs around.
I think Boyle County will take this one.
I love what Boyle has done for our region, but I don't think they are as strong this year as in years past. Last year I saw them play Knox Central and Rockcastle in the playoffs, and they were not that impressive on offense or defense in either game. I missed the Lex Cath game, they must have played a lot better because it was 10-7 loss--much closer than I would have thought. I don't think they will be as strong this year as last. I also think they will have their hands full with the high powered offense Rowan has, but you never know. Who would have thought Russell Co. would lose first round of the playoffs last year? I always root for the closest teams (county, district, region, then area) so go Boyle. I can't wait for this season to start. Let's play some football.
Boyle County easily.
HonestJohn Wrote:I love what Boyle has done for our region, but I don't think they are as strong this year as in years past. Last year I saw them play Knox Central and Rockcastle in the playoffs, and they were not that impressive on offense or defense in either game. I missed the Lex Cath game, they must have played a lot better because it was 10-7 loss--much closer than I would have thought. I don't think they will be as strong this year as last. I also think they will have their hands full with the high powered offense Rowan has, but you never know. Who would have thought Russell Co. would lose first round of the playoffs last year? I always root for the closest teams (county, district, region, then area) so go Boyle. I can't wait for this season to start. Let's play some football.

Boyle had every chance to win that game. Driving down the field and failed on a 4th and short, deep on the Knights side of the field late in the game.

I'll be the first to say that last years team was not as talented as the State Title teams, but a shut out playoff win and to do it on the road is impressive for a defense against a team that averaged 35 points a game for the previous 11 games last year.
This is just a scrimmage so you can not read too much into it, but Boyle should be much better than Rowan with the starters in. If Boyle is going to compete with Lex Cath and Highlands,they better show well against Rowan.
HonestJohn Wrote:I love what Boyle has done for our region, but I don't think they are as strong this year as in years past. Last year I saw them play Knox Central and Rockcastle in the playoffs, and they were not that impressive on offense or defense in either game. I missed the Lex Cath game, they must have played a lot better because it was 10-7 loss--much closer than I would have thought. I don't think they will be as strong this year as last. I also think they will have their hands full with the high powered offense Rowan has, but you never know. Who would have thought Russell Co. would lose first round of the playoffs last year? I always root for the closest teams (county, district, region, then area) so go Boyle. I can't wait for this season to start. Let's play some football.

They more than handled Rowan's high powered offense last year and that was with Wing at QB which they don't have anymore. With new D coordinator Brian Hodge I expect their defense to be better this year. (was terrible last year). Still think the Rebels have too much for them.
Rowans D will shut Boyle down and their Offense will score with ease.
futurestatechamps Wrote:Rowans D will shut Boyle down and their Offense will score with ease.

:hilarious:
futurestatechamps Wrote:Rowans D will shut Boyle down and their Offense will score with ease.

Really ??? I hope you come to watch. Actually I think you will be there with a uniform on. Sound like a kid to me. If you are then I like your confidence. Can't win if you don't expect to. Good Luck.
To whoever asked, kickoff will be at 6:30. Can't wait to see how both teams will look this season

What kind of Kool-aid you been drinkin,last year Boyle blew Rowan out in the scrimmage.Boyle will be better this year.you need a reality check.:please:

The same Rowan County that defeated 2 teams with winning records last year? By a total of 12 points? :hilarious:

Same defense that gave up more points (383) than they scored (379) despite going 8-3??? :eyeroll:

Must have traded for a whole new defensive squad then. :biggrin:
I'll be the first to say that last years team was not as talented as the State Title teams, but a shut out playoff win and to do it on the road is impressive for a defense against a team that averaged 35 points a game for the previous 11 games last year.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be bragging about shutting out Rockcastle after they lost their main weapon on offense. I watched several of their games last year and they were fortunate that other backs stepped up and overachieved against Russell Co, PCC, and the whole remaining schedule after Rowe was hurt. They had a great year considering they lost their main RB. Take Jude away from JC last year, or Davenport from Bell last year, or Canady from Knox Central this year and see how they fare. One player makes a huge difference. You never know, some kid on Boyle may be the next Jacob Tamme. I think Boyle Co. has the best defense of the two, but I am not sure of their offense.
HonestJohn Wrote:I wouldn't be bragging about shutting out Rockcastle after they lost their main weapon on offense. I watched several of their games last year and they were fortunate that other backs stepped up and overachieved against Russell Co, PCC, and the whole remaining schedule after Rowe was hurt. They had a great year considering they lost their main RB. Take Jude away from JC last year, or Davenport from Bell last year, or Canady from Knox Central this year and see how they fare. One player makes a huge difference. You never know, some kid on Boyle may be the next Jacob Tamme. I think Boyle Co. has the best defense of the two, but I am not sure of their offense.

bragging? You where not impressed and all I did was make a valid point that Boyle's Defence had a shut out on the game you speak of. Since the Rockcastle game can't count because they lost there back, let's look at the season as a whole. For the 2011 season Boyle finished at #2 in the State 4A KHSAA Team Scoring Defensive Leaders. #5 in the state at Rushing Yards allowed and #6 at passing yards allowed. Holding Lexington Catholic to 3 touchdowns in 2 games is not shabby. The Knights did that in one game against Highlands, had 33 against Bell, and 37 against John Hardin. Nobody but Bowling Green came close to doing what Boyle did. For the season Boyle's D had 4 shut outs. I will say we did bend last year, but did not break.

For the record .....A starting Jacob Tamme broke his leg, I believe against Harrodsburg in 2000. One play maker might make a difference, but great teams will over come a loss and continue to find a way to win.
Rockcastle shut out Perry County Central at PCC last year (22-0). NOBODY in the whole state did that at home or away, but that doesn't mean squat. Every game is different and sometimes things go your way more than at other times. Boyle did not impress me last year, and I don't think they will this year either.
Rebel55 Wrote:bragging? You where not impressed and all I did was make a valid point that Boyle's Defence had a shut out on the game you speak of. Since the Rockcastle game can't count because they lost there back, let's look at the season as a whole. For the 2011 season Boyle finished at #2 in the State 4A KHSAA Team Scoring Defensive Leaders. #5 in the state at Rushing Yards allowed and #6 at passing yards allowed. Holding Lexington Catholic to 3 touchdowns in 2 games is not shabby. The Knights did that in one game against Highlands, had 33 against Bell, and 37 against John Hardin. Nobody but Bowling Green came close to doing what Boyle did. For the season Boyle's D had 4 shut outs. I will say we did bend last year, but did not break.

For the record .....A starting Jacob Tamme broke his leg, I believe against Harrodsburg in 2000. One play maker might make a difference, but great teams will over come a loss and continue to find a way to win.

People tend to forget that from that 2000 team and still they were the most talented of all the Boyle squads that year. (Scored close to 900 points without him) :Thumbs:
HonestJohn Wrote:Rockcastle shut out Perry County Central at PCC last year (22-0). NOBODY in the whole state did that at home or away, but that doesn't mean squat. Every game is different and sometimes things go your way more than at other times. Boyle did not impress me last year, and I don't think they will this year either.

Which pretty much sums up your objectivity in rating Boyle. If you somehow think one game vs. PCC (scored 357 pts last year) is an apples to apples comparison to two games vs. Lex Cath (scored 509 points last year) and Bolin there is little left to objectively analyze.
HonestJohn Wrote:Boyle did not impress me last year, and I don't think they will this year either.

I don't think they will either. Good thing about Boyle is they will not judge their season on if they impress HonestJohn or not. :biggrin:
REbells win by 10.
Rebel55 Wrote:I don't think they will either. Good thing about Boyle is they will not judge their season on if they impress HonestJohn or not. :biggrin:

You know what they say "Opinions are like Rebel55's everybody has got one"

What in the heck are you smoking? Rowan has no D!
HonestJohn Wrote:You know what they say "Opinions are like Rebel55's everybody has got one"

You know what else they say Boyle owns the rockets. Get sum.
sawmill Wrote:You know what else they say Boyle owns the rockets. Get sum.

Your taking up for your boyfriend, how sweet. You all do stick together, I'll say that. Who gives a crap about Rockcastle? They will be lucky to be .500 this year. You do own Rockcastle. Maybe next you could own Berea? Seems like Lex Cath owns somebody though, I just can't think of who it is.
I'm pretty sure Boyle owns lex cath over the last 10 yr. Maybe your talking about some other team.

Boyle 7. Rowan 0. 7:30 left in 1st.

Rowan 3 and out on offense.