Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Basketball 2012-2013
Lost 3 seniors .
Only 1 started.
Andrew roberts was crucial to this team.
Ive seen them play some summer ball and they look pretty solid. Meades always spotting up to shoot and is lights out when hes on fire. Id say if he isnt hitting the chances of you beating this team is good.
58th District runners up last year. Return every starter but 1. Dylan hamilton is playing now, back from his injury.
How will this team do this year ?
Betsy Layne is always a contender for the Region and i dont think that will change this year.
Betsy Layne has very talented young players. I think they will do very well. The only limitations that I see is their size as far as competing for the region. I think the Rogers kid plays really well in the games that I watched him play. Meade and Case can score but I believe some of the younger guys that we didnt see play as much last year will make the difference on how good this years teams is going to be.
NothingButTheTruth Wrote:Betsy Layne has very talented young players. I think they will do very well. The only limitations that I see is their size as far as competing for the region. I think the Rogers kid plays really well in the games that I watched him play. Meade and Case can score but I believe some of the younger guys that we didnt see play as much last year will make the difference on how good this years teams is going to be.

I agree 100%. They are missing that big man in the middle.
I think they are missing some depth at the PG position as well as the middle. It will be a very stressful season for BL trying to win every night with Case and Meade shouldering the scoring load. Look for teams to play them man-to-man and deny those two the ball.
I think rebounding will be critical. Andrew Roberts was a warrior on the boards. All players will have to rebound for this team to be successful. Dylan Meade will probably bring the ball up the floor a lot. It could be a tough year depending on what some of the freshmen may be able to do. Coach Newsome will have this team playing at the top of their game come tournament time and may surprise a lot of teams.