Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East - West Kentucky All Stars
The East team dominated the West All Stars last night at Morehead stadium. First, I hope and pray that the young man from the West team was not seriously injured. I am not sure exactly what the injury was, but he lay on the field for quite a while before the ambulance took him to the hospital.

I was impressed and proud of the performance of the two guys that represented Sheldon Clark, Taylor Chapman and KP Skyles. Both had an outstanding game.

Taylor was a tremendous force for the East's defense. The West couldn't contain him. I don't know how many tackles he made but it definitely was quite a few.

KP was named the MVP on offense, an appropriate accolade for his performance. He scored three TDs, and had some nice, long gainers. This young man showed the West some extraordinary speed.

Obviously there were others on the East that had outstanding performances, but I guess one notices those whom they know, and being close to the SC guys, I watched them very closely.

Again, prayers for the young man that was injured.
Prayers for the young man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would have sworn that Skyles had three (3) TDs but maybe I was thinking he scored when he was stopped short of the goal line early in the game. While talking with some others after the game last night, they had the same opinion, that in fact he had scored three times.
How can you have an all star game with no quarterback?
catscards Wrote:How can you have an all star game with no quarterback?

Only a couple of teams on the West team had senior Qb's and apparently they declined the invite to play.
Way to go KP & the East.
Congrats East. From what I hear there were quite a few kids that did not play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Congrats East. From what I hear there were quite a few kids that did not play.

By not playing do you mean kids who turned down the offer or kids who joined the team but coach did not put them in the game??
Kids that turned down the offer or were told that they couldn't play by the school they would be attending.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Kids that turned down the offer or were told that they couldn't play by the school they would be attending.

I would bet that is the norm. Although, it had to help the kids to practice and play, especially getting out in the heat. They wil be facing a tough fall as they report to college next month, and you know it will be hot. At 47-0, the game turned out to be a thrashing. It was good to win but I didn't understand why the East staff kept doing the same thing over and over just because it was working. A lot of guys didn't get to do that much, and East's D wasn't really tested. There probably was no reason not to spread it around a little more.
gapman Wrote:I would bet that is the norm. Although, it had to help the kids to practice and play, especially getting out in the heat. They wil be facing a tough fall as they report to college next month, and you know it will be hot. At 47-0, the game turned out to be a thrashing. It was good to win but I didn't understand why the East staff kept doing the same thing over and over just because it was working. A lot of guys didn't get to do that much, and East's D wasn't really tested. There probably was no reason not to spread it around a little more.

I dont understand why you wouldnt keep doing the same thing over & over if it working. IMO untill they stop it keep it going.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I dont understand why you wouldnt keep doing the same thing over & over if it working. IMO untill they stop it keep it going.

Agreed
I don't agree. With other talented kids and folks there to see how they all preform i would think the coach would been obligated to spread the ball around, even in a close game. Was the game about winning and loosing and just pride? Or was it about showcasing the talent of these young men so coaches or scouts could evaluate them?

I would think if you ask the kids to come and play you should at least try to get them all involved.
Rollitover Wrote:I don't agree. With other talented kids and folks there to see how they all preform i would think the coach would been obligated to spread the ball around, even in a close game. Was the game about winning and loosing and just pride? Or was it about showcasing the talent of these young men so coaches or scouts could evaluate them?

I would think if you ask the kids to come and play you should at least try to get them all involved.

All were involved from what I saw maybe you just like to whine give examples