Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 17 Allen Central 3
Final
WOW! Figured this would be a lot closer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
What happened in this one? Who pitched?
They used several pitchers,just one of those days where nobody had a answer.i also think there playing younger guys right now.
Give coach hall and patton some time to get things straightened out at AC and this program will be good once again. Have a great group of 8th graders coming in next yr and a lot of great young talent. Their recent struggles are do to the loss of a couple key seniors (who chose things such as cock fighting over baseball). These guys will get this program turned around and they will be a team to watch over next couple yrs.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Give coach hall and patton some time to get things straightened out at AC and this program will be good once again. Have a great group of 8th graders coming in next yr and a lot of great young talent. Their recent struggles are do to the loss of a couple key seniors (who chose things such as cock fighting over baseball). These guys will get this program turned around and they will be a team to watch over next couple yrs.

Don't get your hopes up the only time they ever won a region title they fired the coach.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Give coach hall and patton some time to get things straightened out at AC and this program will be good once again. Have a great group of 8th graders coming in next yr and a lot of great young talent. Their recent struggles are do to the loss of a couple key seniors (who chose things such as cock fighting over baseball). These guys will get this program turned around and they will be a team to watch over next couple yrs.
I would like to think that they will again be a region contender, but I don't see it happening. Not because of the players because there is some talent to work with, but because of the lack of coaching. The games I've been to have been awful to watch simply because there are no adjustments being made, there is no teaching going on during the game. Baseball is a game of adjustments, more so than any other sport. One game in particular was the Prestonsburg game when the Blackcats won 11-4 in extra innings. Adam Crisp was curveballing AC to death through 6 innings. AC's only two hits were off the end of the bat just over second and short, respectively. Knowing he's not going to throw anyone a fastball, Coach Hall just stood in the third base box and did nothing. The players were too far back in the box, out in front of every pitch. These simple adjustments aren't hard, and for the coach not say anything to any of the players about how to correct it is ridiculous.
You can't just have kids go out and play, they have to be taught the fundamentals and how to handle certain situations. I have not seen any of this from AC's current coaching staff. Maybe I just haven't been to the games where this has happened, but I highly doubt it.
This is the problem with high school sports the kids get no stability in a coaching staff.this i can coach better from the bleatchers stuff has to stop give the coacing staff a little time.i have no ties to this coaching staff what so ever but we cant have kids who are 9th graders now have 4 differant coaches until there seniors.coach patton knows what he is doing,he knows the game.so let us as fans sit in the stands and eat popcorn and let the coaching staff do there job.i dont want my kid to play for a coach thats going pat them on the butt and tell them their the greatest and will getem next time.i want them to play for a coach thats going to give them a ear full when they mess up and play who he thinks is the best talent in the dugout not who nacho eating john doe thinks is better.so you work on your fantasy roster and let the a.c coaching staff do there job.f.y.i i coach in another county and i can tell you we as coaches rarely hear what the fans say from the stands.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I would like to think that they will again be a region contender, but I don't see it happening. Not because of the players because there is some talent to work with, but because of the lack of coaching. The games I've been to have been awful to watch simply because there are no adjustments being made, there is no teaching going on during the game. Baseball is a game of adjustments, more so than any other sport. One game in particular was the Prestonsburg game when the Blackcats won 11-4 in extra innings. Adam Crisp was curveballing AC to death through 6 innings. AC's only two hits were off the end of the bat just over second and short, respectively. Knowing he's not going to throw anyone a fastball, Coach Hall just stood in the third base box and did nothing. The players were too far back in the box, out in front of every pitch. These simple adjustments aren't hard, and for the coach not say anything to any of the players about how to correct it is ridiculous.
You can't just have kids go out and play, they have to be taught the fundamentals and how to handle certain situations. I have not seen any of this from AC's current coaching staff. Maybe I just haven't been to the games where this has happened, but I highly doubt it.

Josh dont get on here and dog anyone about how they coach. My son played all stars for you a couple yrs ago and I could sit her all night and trash talk you about your coaching. These boys are doing a fine job and with our youth I look forward to next yr. I would love to see Horne join the staff next yr but I know he has a family a kid playing playing ball so he might not have time but I sure wish he would come out of retirement and bring some energy to the dugout and to this Rebel team. Keep your heads up guys, we are young and we are taking our lumps but brighter days are ahead.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Josh dont get on here and dog anyone about how they coach. My son played all stars for you a couple yrs ago and I could sit her all night and trash talk you about your coaching. These boys are doing a fine job and with our youth I look forward to next yr. I would love to see Horne join the staff next yr but I know he has a family a kid playing playing ball so he might not have time but I sure wish he would come out of retirement and bring some energy to the dugout and to this Rebel team. Keep your heads up guys, we are young and we are taking our lumps but brighter days are ahead.
I was never a head coach for all-stars, I was an assistant, which meant that I was personally asked to help, so I guess the way I coach isn't all that bad. But you have your opinion on the way coaching should be done and I have mine. All I was saying was if you're waiting for the AC baseball program to turn around and contend for a 15th region title again, you'll be waiting a while. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

I've had more than a few players tell me personally that they don't like playing for the current coaching staff, and I know that some have quite just because of the coaches. My opinion is shared by many, so I suggest you spread it out and attack everyone else as well. I wasn't attacking you, just posting my opinion which is what this site is about. You don't have to agree with it, but I ask that you respect it.
Ok Josh I respect that. I just want to see everyone involved with the school and everyone in the community that have ties to this school get behind the program and support them. I dont know much about coach Halls ability to coach but I do know Byron Patton knows baseball but at the same time I also know Byron Patton is going to rub some people wrong because he tells it like it is and he dont just pat every kid on the back and tell them what they want to hear. The AC baseball program has been a mess since the 2003 regional championship team. Byron Patton, Ronnie Patton and Greg Horne was on the coaching staff and those coaches got all they could get out of those kids and they really overachieved. Like I have said earlier, I would love to see Byron and Greg back coaching this great group of young talent but I doubt Greg coming back. As far as the kids that have quit, as far as im concerened you are better off without those kids. Best player on the team quits to go fight chickens on a saturday instead of playing a double header. Another kid misses a week of practice to fish in Alabama, last time I checked fall fishing is great in Bama and thats when he should be going. As far as the rest who quit, who cares, they were dead weight. This program hasnt had stability and discipline in many yrs and I think its great they have it right now with Hall and Patton and instead of getting on sites like this and dogging our staff we as a community need to get behind these kids and this coaching staff and wish for the best.
Its like this guys you will always have some kids who care about the team more than others and some who would rather do other things.whats left out of that is who the coach has to work with and all that stuff useally works its self out.to get on a web site and tell the public that players do not like the coach,whats new as long as there are sports there will be kids who do not like there coach and most of the time it will be because there ask to do something they do not want to or because of playing time.the coaching staff at a.c cant make the kids respect the game or love it.you either do or you dont.we have gotten away from the traditional coaching the coach cant be every bodys buddy and pal.this is why teams in other countys have winning traditions,harrison ,henderson,lex cath and so on.they dont fire the coaching staff at the first sign of trouble.i may be in a other county but i still love my rebels so i agree headhunter lets give the a.c coaches a little time and get behind them and for the sake of the program i hope all who love a.c do the same.i have expressed my opinion on this topic enough so good luck to you both headhunter and strike out king.to coach hall and patton im am behind you both and good luck in the district.
I was on that '03 team, and I agree, we did over achieve. We got hot at the right time and things clicked. The program has had one winning season since we went 23-11 in 2006, and lack of coaching stability is a big reason for that. I will admit, I'm probably generalizing from only a handful of games I've seen, but it is frustrating that in those few games, there isn't much "coaching" going on during the game. Adjustments aren't being made. Do I hope the staff can turn things around this season and in the near future? Absolutely. And I'm all for giving new coaches a year or two, maybe three to make their mark, but at the same time, I'd like to see improvement from game to game, and like I said I haven't seen a whole lot of games, but the games I have seen, there isn't much improvement.
Impressive win over Allen Central. I was pretty surprised by the score myself. Pitching was not on pair with their other games I've seen.
REBELALUM Wrote:Its like this guys you will always have some kids who care about the team more than others and some who would rather do other things.whats left out of that is who the coach has to work with and all that stuff useally works its self out.to get on a web site and tell the public that players do not like the coach,whats new as long as there are sports there will be kids who do not like there coach and most of the time it will be because there ask to do something they do not want to or because of playing time.the coaching staff at a.c cant make the kids respect the game or love it.you either do or you dont.we have gotten away from the traditional coaching the coach cant be every bodys buddy and pal.this is why teams in other countys have winning traditions,harrison ,henderson,lex cath and so on.they dont fire the coaching staff at the first sign of trouble.i may be in a other county but i still love my rebels so i agree headhunter lets give the a.c coaches a little time and get behind them and for the sake of the program i hope all who love a.c do the same.i have expressed my opinion on this topic enough so good luck to you both headhunter and strike out king.to coach hall and patton im am behind you both and good luck in the district.
Not much on spelling, grammar, and punctuation are you?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Not much on spelling, grammar, and punctuation are you?

Kind of juvenile, don't you think? Especially after you made a rquest to have your opinion respected. The guy made some good points. Not everybody is going to like the coach. That includes both players and parents. It will always be that way. Haven't followed AC that closely this year but sure haven't heard the negative things you have. I wish them the best as always.
I apologize, RebelAlum. Not been the best of days. I'm hoping Hall and Patton get the program back on track. The AC program is a proud one. It's been one of the more consistent, if not the most consistent athletic program at that school over the last 10-15 years or so. There is a great group of boys on that team, boys I know from being around them the last few summers. They all love the game and want to succeed. Hopefully they can catch a spark this week and click heading into Districts next week, and on into Region.
Appology accepted.i only replied to your post to make the point that the coaching staff may not be the whole problem.kids are harder to coach these days and parents are harder to please.i myself,played for the 94 jack pack team that was one strike away from the schools first regional title but scotty ousley with a full count and two outs hit a homerun to end the game.sounds like a movie ending, but true.thats why im so proud of the 03 team they pulled it off.coach pack ran the team like the army and my parents were o.k with that.at times i did not like it but now that i look back on it thats what it took to get the job done.all i am saying is,it is just one of those seasons. A adjustment period for the team and coaching staff.we as former rebel players have to take our lumps along with the team and coaching staff.i hate the way the season has gone but i would not want to play this team the next three years,alot of young talent.i can not end this post without giving credit to the other coach on the 94 team,don hansford one of the hardest coaches i ever played for,and i mean hardest but he was a awesome coach.he always got the best out of all of us.so strikeout king lets look forward to the future of this program,the coaching staff will pull it together.best of luck to you and your family.