Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney is a bully!
I'm just saying the "surrogates" should read Obama's book before lobbing grenades out about Romney
BillyB Wrote:It's not that Romney did something in high school that he shouldn't have. It's that he still appears the same way today. "I like to fire people." "I'm not concerned about the poor." "Corporations are people too." Strapping his dog to the roof of the car.

Romney is now -- and always has been -- an entitled, elite, bully used to getting what he wants. I suspect he is a caring, maybe even compassionate person to his family and those close to him. But, if you aren't like Mitt -- maybe it's just that your hair is too long -- he will belittle and step on you. He has poor character. He doesn't stand up for what he believes in because he has to leave room to "believe" whatever it takes to get what he wants.

And despite what TRT just mentioned about the "off mike" remarks to the Russians, you still consider that insignificant nothing (in the grand scheme of things) as being a waaayyyyy more important issue than our national security. Just how far are you willing to march to and foloow the Pied Piper Billy Boy? Off the edge of the cliff?
Bob Seger Wrote:And despite what TRT just mentioned about the "off mike" remarks to the Russians, you still consider that insignificant nothing (in the grand scheme of things) as being a waaayyyyy more important issue than our national security. Just how far are you willing to march to and foloow the Pied Piper Billy Boy? Off the edge of the cliff?

Once again, what the heck are you talking about? Your post is just nonsense. I said nothing about Obama. I understand that our President occupies your every thought, but try to get control and stay on topic.
BillyB Wrote:Once again, what the heck are you talking about? Your post is just nonsense. I said nothing about Obama. I understand that our President occupies your every thought, but try to get control and stay on topic.

Aw, you can knock off the BS Billy Bob. You know dang well what I wrote about and what I was referring to. You also know full well of my intent to show you how you fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House (even ignoring items concerning national defense), while you knit pick and blast any opposing party candidate over any little insignificant nothing. Again I ask just how far are you will to follow your Pied Piper? Over the cliff is now well obvious.

By the way he is not "our" president. He may be yours, as I choose not to claim the embarrassment.

You're also wrong in another area. He doesn't occupy every thought I have. If he did I would be puking 24/7/365.
Bob Seger Wrote:Aw, you can knock off the BS Billy Bob. You know dang well what I wrote about and what I was referring to. You also know full well of my intent to show you how you fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House (even ignoring items concerning national defense), while you knit pick and blast any opposing party candidate over any little insignificant nothing. Again I ask just how far are you will to follow your Pied Piper? Over the cliff is now well obvious.

By the way he is not "our" president. He may be yours, as I choose not to claim the embarrassment.

You're also wrong in another area. He doesn't occupy every thought I have. If he did I would be puking 24/7/365.

Do tell me how I "fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House." That is, both the "shenanigans" and evidence of my full support thereof.

(BTW, when you say "puking" do you mean literally vomiting, or is it a metaphor for your posts?)
[quote=BillyB]Do tell me how I "fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House." That is, both the "shenanigans" and evidence of my full support thereof.

(BTW, when you say "puking" do you mean literally vomiting, or is it a metaphor for your posts?)[/QUOTE]

I would say a good definition would be the phenomina that occurs when I read one of yours, or see or hear "your" president.....They both generally have the same effect.
BillyB Wrote:It's not that Romney did something in high school that he shouldn't have. It's that he still appears the same way today. "I like to fire people." "I'm not concerned about the poor." "Corporations are people too." Strapping his dog to the roof of the car.

Romney is now -- and always has been -- an entitled, elite, bully used to getting what he wants. I suspect he is a caring, maybe even compassionate person to his family and those close to him. But, if you aren't like Mitt -- maybe it's just that your hair is too long -- he will belittle and step on you. He has poor character. He doesn't stand up for what he believes in because he has to leave room to "believe" whatever it takes to get what he wants.

How about telling the complete story. This is what he said about the very poor:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Mitt Romney says he isn't worried about those living in poverty since they have government assistance programs to fall back on. Instead, he wants to focus on helping the middle class.

But not everyone is so sure that the nation's lifelines are truly protecting those who need it.

Saying the nation had a "very ample safety net," Romney cited Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers as examples of government programs that protect the poor.

"I'm not concerned about the very poor," the Republican presidential candidate said on CNN Wednesday morning. "There's a safety net there, and if it needs repair I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the heart of America, the 95% of Americans who are right now struggling."
the other guy Wrote:How about telling the complete story. This is what he said about the very poor:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Mitt Romney says he isn't worried about those living in poverty since they have government assistance programs to fall back on. Instead, he wants to focus on helping the middle class.

But not everyone is so sure that the nation's lifelines are truly protecting those who need it.

Saying the nation had a "very ample safety net," Romney cited Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers as examples of government programs that protect the poor.

"I'm not concerned about the very poor," the Republican presidential candidate said on CNN Wednesday morning. "There's a safety net there, and if it needs repair I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the heart of America, the 95% of Americans who are right now struggling."

Surely you are not implying that ol' Billy Bob tried to pull the wool over our eyes and lead us all to believe something that he skewed with twisted information. I cant believe that either the liberal media or their blind mouse followers would ever stoop to that level.

Say it aint so.
BillyB Wrote:Do tell me how I "fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House." That is, both the "shenanigans" and evidence of my full support thereof.

(BTW, when you say "puking" do you mean literally vomiting, or is it a metaphor for your posts?)

Tell me BillyB, as well as TRV (who is avoiding my post again) what is it about that makes you believe obama has done a good job in his first term?

So, your laundry list of disqualifying percieved personality flaws are those listed above. I actually am familiar with the interviews and speeches you took those from.

"I like to fire people" --- Here's when and what he actually said; Jan 9, 2012, "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," Romney said at a Monday breakfast in New Hampshire, when talking about health care. "You know, if someone doesn't give me a good service that I need, I want to say, 'I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.'" --------- Now, call me stupid, but that doesn't really seem too bad to me. He's just saying he doesn't want to be roped in and bound by federal law to have only one possible health care provider.

"I'm not concerned about the poor" --- Here's when and what he actually said;
By Tami Luhby@CNNMoneyFebruary 1, 2012: 5:26 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) --

"I'm not concerned about the very poor," the Republican presidential candidate said on CNN Wednesday morning. "There's a safety net there, and if it needs repair I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the heart of America, the 95% of Americans who are right now struggling." ------- Again, I must be missing something, what's wrong with saying he's not concerned when we have put so much emphasis on helping the poor?

"Corporations are people too" --- Here's when and what he actually said; August 11, 2011|By James Oliphant

Reporting from Des Moines — Campaigning in Iowa on Thursday, Mitt Romney told a heckler, “Corporations are people, my friend”—words immediately seized upon by Democrats in what they termed as a possible defining statement by the presidential candidate.

Romney, speaking to a crowd of hundreds at the Iowa State Fair, was being pressed about raising taxes to help cover entitlement spending. When one mentioned raising corporate tax rates, Romney responded by saying corporations were no different than people. The line earned him a sustained round of applause from the crowd.

But the Democratic National Committee fired off emails almost immediately after the remarks, as part of a continuing effort to frame the GOP frontrunner as an out-of-touch elitist.

--------LOL, mission accomplished! Your post might as well have come, and probably did, from some liberal blog somewhere.

The "strapping his dog to the roof of the car" is killer, I have no defense for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the other guy Wrote:How about telling the complete story. This is what he said about the very poor:

Sorry about that Other Guy, I didn't see your post. I'll try to pay attention in the future. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=BillyB]Do tell me how I "fully support the shenanigans that goes on in the White House." That is, both the "shenanigans" and evidence of my full support thereof.

(BTW, when you say "puking" do you mean literally vomiting, or is it a metaphor for your posts?)[/QUOTE]

I would say a good definition would be the phenomina that occurs when I read one of yours, or see or hear "your" president.....They both generally have the same effect.

Nice way to avoid the question.

Yoo hoo! McFly. It's the safety net that he wants to rip up. Again, as I said, his statement is telling. Cut Medicaid, freeze or reduce spending on social programs, arbitrary limits on spending for non-defense items, etc. The ones who will suffer are the very poor. So, "I'm not concerned about the very poor" is not a proclamation of support for those among us who are by every measure, "very poor."
TheRealThing Wrote:Romney responded by saying corporations were no different than people.

That's the point. Corporations are different. Clearly, Mitt doesn't think so.
WideRight05 Wrote:Tell me BillyB, as well as TRV (who is avoiding my post again) what is it about that makes you believe obama has done a good job in his first term?

I won't avoid your post, but I will ignore it. This thread and my post are about Romney, not Obama.
BillyB Wrote:I won't avoid your post, but I will ignore it. This thread and my post are about Romney, not Obama.

Looks to me like somebody is scared. You throw childish comments such as the "puking" comment earlier, and dodged off when you talked about corporations as well as the safety net that Romney wants to "rip up." I thought this thread was about him bullying gay people in high school?

Way to dodge the bullet.
BillyB Wrote:That's the point. Corporations are different. Clearly, Mitt doesn't think so.

What? You mean just because you say so? You've already misquoted Romney 3 times in one post. I may not agree with what you say but, as long as you don't try to haze me, I will still respect you. That's the problem with the dems in general, the half-truths. Corporations are in fact people, there are more of them in a corporation (assumably) than a mom & pop grocery but, the respect should be there for both just the same.

In my working life I have worked with every imaginable sort of man. From killers to card sharks to college prof. Same thing is true in a large corporation, you find all kinds. That doesn't make the corporation an evil thing, an idea on which, Obama's war against the so-called rich is based. At any rate, it takes real money to fund all of the bleeding heart entitlement programs out there. And unless I missed something, all of the money in the US was generated by the free enterprize system that has served the interests of every American citizen since 1776. Ever heard of biting the hand that feeds you?

The whole argument is rediculous, we can't replace the economic system that is already in place any more than we can replace the energy system that is in place with green renewable energy resouces. We don't have anything to replace them with that is anywhere near adequate to do the job.

BTW, the part of my post you chose to quote is an inserted opinion by the writer of the piece. I used an unedited liberal source to base my post on, that 'splinter' is hardly what I would have expected you to cherrypick from the body of my post to respond to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The middle class is the backbone of the country, it's what he should be worried about.
Make it better and the poor also do better. You cant help the poor without helping the middle class first.
^No doubt about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BillyB Wrote:Yoo hoo! McFly. It's the safety net that he wants to rip up. Again, as I said, his statement is telling. Cut Medicaid, freeze or reduce spending on social programs, arbitrary limits on spending for non-defense items, etc. The ones who will suffer are the very poor. So, "I'm not concerned about the very poor" is not a proclamation of support for those among us who are by every measure, "very poor."

OH NO He might even take their free cell phones or even their free tattoo removal service, the evil man must be stopped.
BillyB Wrote:That's the point. Corporations are djifferent. Clearly, Mitt doesn't think so.

Try to follow I will keep it simple. Joe has a hot dog stand. He sells hot dogs for $1.00. Of this $1.00, 10 cents is Joe's profit.

The city decides to place a 10 cent tax on the sale of hot dogs. Well Joe, not being as dumb as the city leaders knows that he can no longer sell hot dogs for a dollar each.

Joe was makng a 10% profit before, so he increases his price to $1.11. But then realizes that due to the increase in price he is now selling fewer hot dogs. So he increases price to $1.15 each trying to stay in busnisss. This seems to work but Joe notices certain poorer customers have stopped coming around.

Of course the city is now receivig less hot dog tax because Joe is selling fewer hot dogs. Of course the city leaders blame this on joe for increasing his prices and increase the hot dog tax to 15 cents. and it all starts over.

1. BUSINESSES DO NOT PAY TAXES THEY COVER EXPENSES, INCREASE IN TAXES RESULTS IN INCREASE IN PRICE.

2. THERE IS A TIPPING POINT, IF THE TAX INCREASES THE SELLING PRICE BEYOND THE MEANS OF CUSTOMERS--THE BUSINESS WILL CLOSE.
BillyB Wrote:Yoo hoo! McFly. It's the safety net that he wants to rip up. Again, as I said, his statement is telling. Cut Medicaid, freeze or reduce spending on social programs, arbitrary limits on spending for non-defense items, etc. The ones who will suffer are the very poor. So, "I'm not concerned about the very poor" is not a proclamation of support for those among us who are by every measure, "very poor."
How dishonest are you, BB? You have already seen the full quote in this thread, and I am sure that it was not for the first time, and Romney said that he is not concerned about the very poor because they have a safety net. He continued to say if the safety net is in need of repair, then he will repair it. Yet you chose to repeat the lie that Romney implied that he would rip up that safety net.

You deliberately quoted Romney out of context and are still refusing to acknowledge that you did so. The bottom line is that you chose this tactic, not out of ignorance, but as part of a deliberate and dishonest campaign to put the Thief in Chief back into office by any means necessary. Have you no shame, sir?
The whole story about Romney bullying young master Lauber around during his high school days at The Cranbrook School, as reported by the Washington Post's Jason Horowitz, has been debunked by the Lauber family in toto. Of course, the predictable hypocrisy here is that Horowitz couldn't care less about Lauber. Just another attempt to create unfavorable news where none exists.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WideRight05 Wrote:Tell me BillyB, as well as TRV (who is avoiding my post again) what is it about that makes you believe obama has done a good job in his first term?
I have been out of town. I am not obligated to answer any question you ask, just because you ask it. But, the economy is heading in the right direction since he took office. It is a mighty big hole to climb out of(where we were when he took office), but it is going in the right direction.
TheRealVille Wrote:I have been out of town. I am not obligated to answer any question you ask, just because you ask it. But, the economy is heading in the right direction since he took office. It is a mighty big hole to climb out of(where we were when he took office), but it is going in the right direction.

Yep, just ask the hundreds of miners that are getting laid off every week here in eastern Kentucky and in West Virginia, just how dandy the direction is for going for them, and in a couple months check on those that will shortly be seeing that trickle down effect.

I am assuming that statement was made for nothing more than to just create some sort of shock reaction. ....Your Howard Stern imitation I presume?
I'll bite.

From his website, but I know you won't read, or believe it. You will only get your "facts" from Faux News, and republican twisted talking points.

Quote:Healthcare

President Obama passed the Affordable Care Act to restore health care as a basic cornerstone of middle-class security in America.
The Affordable Care Act will make health care more affordable for families and small businesses and brings much-needed transparency to the insurance industry.
When fully implemented, the Affordable Care Act will keep insurance companies from taking advantage of consumers—including denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions and cancelling coverage when someone gets sick.
Because of the new law, 34 million more Americans will gain coverage—many who will be able to afford insurance for the first time. Once the law is fully implemented, about 95 percent of Americans under age 65 will have insurance.
Working families are protected from losing their health care or being forced into bankruptcy when a family member gets sick or is in an accident. Families have the security of knowing their health insurance will be there when they need it most.
Insurance companies are now required to justify rate hikes, and consumers have the ability to appeal to an independent third party when insurance companies refuse to cover services or care.
Starting in 2014, all Americans will have access to affordable health insurance no matter their circumstances—whether they change jobs, lose their job, decide to start a business, or retire early. Purchasing private insurance in the new state-based health insurance exchanges could save middle-class families who can’t get employer-provided insurance thousands of dollars.
Once fully implemented, the law will slow health care premium growth rates, adding another $2,000 to family savings by 2019.
The law is expected to reduce the deficit by $127 billion from 2012 to 2021.

Quote:Economy

When President Obama took office, the economy was losing more than 700,000 jobs per month. President Obama acted quickly to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which cut taxes for small businesses and 95 percent of working families. It also included emergency funding to support about 300,000 educator jobs, more than 4,600 law enforcement positions, and investments in the clean energy sector that supported 224,500 jobs through 2010. Through April 2012, the economy has added more than 4.2 million private sector jobs over 26 consecutive months of job growth.

President Obama knows we still have more work to do. That’s why, in his State of the Union address, the President laid out a blueprint for an economy that’s built to last—an economy built on American manufacturing, American energy, skills for American workers, and a renewal of American values.

Quote:Taxes

President Obama has cut taxes for middle-class families and small businesses. One of the first things he did in office was cut taxes for 95 percent of working families. He has also signed 18 tax cuts for small businesses and extended the payroll tax cut for all American workers and their families, putting an extra $1,000 in the typical middle-class family’s pocket.
For too long, the U.S. tax code has benefited the wealthy and well-connected at the expense of the vast majority of Americans. A third of the 400 highest income taxpayers paid an average rate of 15 percent or less in 2008.
That's why President Obama proposed the Buffett Rule, asking millionaires and billionaires to do their fair share. But if you're one of the 98 percent of American families who make under $250,000 a year, your taxes won’t go up.
The President has asked Congress to take action to reform our tax code and close tax loopholes for millionaires and billionaires, as well as hedge fund managers, private jet owners, and oil companies.

Quote:Equal Rights
President Obama believes that America is strongest when everybody has a seat at the table. He’s expanded opportunity for every American by taking steps to level the playing field so everybody plays by the same rules.
President Obama repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” ensuring that no one ever again has to lie about who they are to serve the country they love.
The President signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, making progress in a decades-long battle for women to get equal pay for equal work.
The Department of Justice revised the Americans with Disabilities Act rules to ensure newly designed, built, or renovated public facilities are accessible to all Americans.
Alongside the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, President Obama has introduced a range of measures to advance women’s equality.

He established the Equal Pay Task Force to enhance enforcement of equal pay laws, helped increase the participation of women and girls in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math), and passed the Affordable Care Act so that being a woman is no longer considered a pre-existing condition.

The Affordable Care Act will prevent insurance companies from discriminating based on gender and help to lower health costs for women and their families. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, women will be able to receive preventive services without co-pays or deductibles, including maternity screenings, mammograms, and well-woman visits.

In addition to other preventive benefits provided to women by the Affordable Care Act, women soon won’t have to pay out-of-pocket for birth control. Starting August 1st, all women will have access to contraception through their employer or insurer without co-pays or deductibles, ensuring that more women can make health care decisions based on what’s best for them, not their insurance company.

The President has repeatedly stood behind a woman’s right to choose. He reversed the global gag rule, which banned the government from providing aid to international groups that provide abortion information. And he’s fought against Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood, one of the largest providers of women’s health services in the country.

Quote:Energy
President Obama is committed to putting in place an “all-of-the-above strategy” to develop every available source of American energy while making sure we never have to choose between protecting our environment and strengthening our economy.

American oil production is at an eight-year high, and we are less reliant on foreign oil than at any time in the last 16 years.

New fuel efficiency standards will nearly double the fuel economy of cars and light trucks to 54.5 mpg by 2025, reducing oil consumption by 2.2 million barrels a day.
Oil and petroleum imports are down an average of more than 1.5 million barrels per day and domestic crude oil production has increased by an average of more than 720,000 barrels per day since 2008. Domestic oil production has gone up every year under President Obama.
President Obama has set a 10-year goal to develop and deploy cost-effective clean coal technology.

The Recovery Act invested substantially in carbon capture and sequestration research, including 22 projects across four different areas of carbon capture-and-storage research and development.

Domestic production of natural gas has increased every year since President Obama took office, and is now at an all-time high.
http://www.barackobama.com/
TheRealVille Wrote:I have been out of town. I am not obligated to answer any question you ask, just because you ask it. But, the economy is heading in the right direction since he took office. It is a mighty big hole to climb out of(where we were when he took office), but it is going in the right direction.

Are you sure you didn't mean say out of the country or even on another planet. Really you think the economy is improving? In what ways is the economy improving?
Old School Wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean say out of the country or even on another planet. Really you think the economy is improving? In what ways is the economy improving?
From above.

"When President Obama took office, the economy was losing more than 700,000 jobs per month. President Obama acted quickly to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which cut taxes for small businesses and 95 percent of working families. It also included emergency funding to support about 300,000 educator jobs, more than 4,600 law enforcement positions, and investments in the clean energy sector that supported 224,500 jobs through 2010. Through April 2012, the economy has added more than 4.2 million private sector jobs over 26 consecutive months of job growth."
TheRealVille Wrote:From above.

"When President Obama took office, the economy was losing more than 700,000 jobs per month. President Obama acted quickly to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which cut taxes for small businesses and 95 percent of working families. It also included emergency funding to support about 300,000 educator jobs, more than 4,600 law enforcement positions, and investments in the clean energy sector that supported 224,500 jobs through 2010. Through April 2012, the economy has added more than 4.2 million private sector jobs over 26 consecutive months of job growth."

You really CANNOT be serious. A link?? A link is all you got??? Try living it pal, and you just might learn something you dont know. Eat, breathe and drink it for awhile and you'll understand where I'm coming from. You surely live in an imaginary world RV. There aint nothing of the such been done to help the small buiness owner unless you want to consider just more and more regulation and more taxes as being "helpful". I'll tell you what RV, I wont spout off and pretend to know the first thing about pipefitting, construction and the such (which I dont) and you not spout off and pretend to know the first thing about small business and the economy (which you dont) and we'll just leave it at that and be the best of friends. How about it???? huh???

Absolutely Unbelievable!!!! I dont believe a single word of what any of these hundreds of links that get posted on here says. Every group somewhere has an agenda that skews this stuff up to make it look or sound like they want it to, targeting the unsuspecting and the unknowing into believing their sack o' crap. There is always a website out there that will counter with an opposing view that cancels the other out and you're a smart enough guy to know all that stuff. It's all worthless and a waste of time for both the writer and the reader. I do realize that you enjoy geting a response to your remarks and enjoy getting the rise out of folks, but on this one be serious for once.

I really wish people knew about 10% of what they thought they knew about certain things before they post and declare themselves experts on this website. So many are absolutely clueless. It would be nice for those to just remain silent on what they dont really know anything about and confine themselves to expressing their thoughts on what they do know something about.

And vector, lol, ah vector, vector, vector....... ah never mind, you wouln't get it if I said it.:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:You really CANNOT be serious. A link?? A link is all you got??? Try living it pal, and you just might learn something you dont know. Eat, breathe and drink it for awhile and you'll understand where I'm coming from. You surely live in an imaginary world RV. There aint nothing of the such been done to help the small buiness owner unless you want to consider just more and more regulation and more taxes as being "helpful". I'll tell you what RV, I wont spout off and pretend to know the first thing about pipefitting, construction and the such (which I dont) and you not spout off and pretend to know the first thing about small business and the economy (which you dont) and we'll just leave it at that and be the best of friends. How about it???? huh???

Absolutely Unbelievable!!!! I dont believe a single word of what any of these hundreds of links that get posted on here says. Every group somewhere has an agenda that skews this stuff up to make it look or sound like they want it to, targeting the unsuspecting and the unknowing into believing this sack o' crap. There is always a website out there that will counter with an opposing view that cancels the other out and you're a smart enough guy to know all that stuff. It's all worthless and a waste of time for both the writer and the reader. I really wish people knew about 10% of what they thought they knew about certain things before they post and declare themselves experts on this website. So many are absolutely clueless. It would be nice for those to just remain silent on what they dont really know anything about and confine themselves to expressing their thoughts on what they do know something about.

And vector, lol, ah vector, vector, vector....... ah never mind, you wouln't get it if I said it. Just be more wasted time and effort.
I'll post what I wish. That link is from the President's website, dispute his numbers if you wish. I could really care less. Maybe you aren't classified as one of those small businesses. You did say you had the biggest bigness of your kind in the state of Kentucky, or to put it in your words, "none bigger". In keeping with your theme, you vote for who you wish, and I'll vote for who I wish.