Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams for the 2012-2013 Season.
Who will be some of the top teams in the next year? (Preseason talk)

Here are a couple I see at the top for next season.

Madison Central
Ballard
Henry Clay
Bullitt East
Trinity
Hopkinsville
That's about right. I have Madison Central going all the way
I've picked Pulaski Co to win the 12th the last 2 seasons but they have let me down. With what they return again, I'm going to pick them again to win the 12th this upcoming season.
What are you gonna do if they let you down again?
Strikeout King Wrote:That's about right. I have Madison Central going all the way

My pick is Bullitt East but without knowing anything bout the draw but my pick for the championship game would be Madison Central vs Bullitt East!
My very early preseason predictions to win each region.

Region 1-Marshall Co
2-Hopkinsville
3-Ohio Co
4-Warren Central
5-John Hardin
6-Bullitt East
7-Ballard
8-South Oldham
9- Newport Central Catholic
10- Montgomery County
11-Madison Central
12-Pulaski Co
13-Harlan Co
14-Breathitt Co
15-Johnson Central
16-Fleming Co
Look for Southwestern to be much better next season. Pulaski just can't seem to get over the hump in the 12th Region Tournament, so it's tough to choose them. The Warriors return four starters - Edwards, Kapinga, Collier, and Schulz - from last year's team that went to the Final Four, where they lost to eventual state champion Trinity.
Southwestern will win the 12th region again.
Ballard would be my pre-season #1 choice.
Don't forget North Laurel returns everyone except one player and they will be a lot better than last year with a whole season under Sizemore's direction!!!:rockon:
Big Dog Stipe Wrote:Don't forget North Laurel returns everyone except one player and they will be a lot better than last year with a whole season under Sizemore's direction!!!:rockon:

North will be good, but they lost two starters and their seventh man.
NL returns big Allen and Carson so they'll be right there again battling for the 13th region. The Jags have a great shot at making back to back trips to Rupp. IMO
My way too early pick is Madison Central. Getting out of the 11th will be tough again, especially if Henry Clay returns a good amount of their team. I also think Ballard will be in the mix for the title, if they get out of the 7th
Pulaski in the 12th.
toussaints Wrote:My way too early pick is Madison Central. Getting out of the 11th will be tough again, especially if Henry Clay returns a good amount of their team. I also think Ballard will be in the mix for the title, if they get out of the 7th

My pick is Ballard, but like Madison Central they have to get out of their region.
Clay Co., Harlan Co., North Laurel, and Pineville will be the top 4 in the 13th next year. I do not see that much difference in those 4 teams based on talent. I would give North a small edge because of Allen's size and skill in the post. The 13th will have 10 pretty good teams next year.

1. North Laurel
2. Harlan Co.
3. Clay Co.
4. Pineville
5. Middlesboro
6. South Laurel
7. Jackson Co.
8. Corbin
9. Bell Co.
10. W-burg or Harlan
Didn't Fleming lose all 5 starters
My bad, thought I was in girls thread
I look for Mountain basketball to be really solid in the 14th and 15th again next year. The 15th will be loaded with 3 or 4 real solid teams. I lOok for the best 4 teams to be JC, East Ridge, Besty Lane, & Shelby Valley!! JC started 2 Soph and 3 Frosh so should be favorite. East Ridge lost Korey Thacker who averaged 2 or 3 Pts a game, they return Kasongo, Wolter, and Johnny Miller (best FR in the state ). So those two teams should be much better than others in 15th b/c Shane Hall is one of the states best!! BL and SV will maybe give them some solid competition though
Great bball player would be top level d1 fball player if he focused on that
Ballard are my #1 pre-season pick...always have talent!:oooo::trolldad::trolldad:
I'm at a toss up right now between Ballard and Bullitt East. Gun to head, I'd pick Bullitt East mainly due to more senior leadership.

After those two though, you gotta think Madison Central and Trinity will again be very good.
HDE Wrote:North will be good, but they lost two starters and their seventh man.

All indications are that Harlan County will be the favorite this year in the 13th.
Trinity will be in the mix.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Trinity will be in the mix.
It's unlikely that Trinity will make it out of their region.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:It's unlikely that Trinity will make it out of their region.

Quite true. Often the 7th Region is superior to the field that makes it to Rupp arena. Trinity will be one of the top teams in the state regardles sof whether they get to the state tournament or not. And, if they do, they will be one of the favorites. Same way in football. Trinity's district is more demanding than is the rest of the playoffs.

It is a shame that the 7th Region and the 11th Region have so much talent and that only one team comes out of each of those regions while we have the weak regions like the 14th, 15th, 16th, etc. that really produce very little.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Quite true. Often the 7th Region is superior to the field that makes it to Rupp arena. Trinity will be one of the top teams in the state regardles sof whether they get to the state tournament or not. And, if they do, they will be one of the favorites. Same way in football. Trinity's district is more demanding than is the rest of the playoffs.

It is a shame that the 7th Region and the 11th Region have so much talent and that only one team comes out of each of those regions while we have the weak regions like the 14th, 15th, 16th, etc. that really produce very little.
While historically you may be right, lately the 7th region (minus this past season) hasn't been the powerhouse you claim. I'd say that Shelby Valley, Elliott County, Knott Central, and Rowan County have more than held their own in the state tournament. You may want to go a bit farther back to bang the drum of the 11th and 7th as the only powers. Maybe Lex. Cath and Scott Co. and Ballard and Trinity and Easter and the rest should win a few in a row to make your statement ring true. You make the 14th,15th and 16th sound like the little sisters of the poor, but their representatives at Rupp lately have acquitted themselves just fine in comparison to those "all star" regions.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:While historically you may be right, lately the 7th region (minus this past season) hasn't been the powerhouse you claim.

you may be right on that, but there is no doubt that the toughest region to win in the state almost every year is the 7th.
toussaints Wrote:you may be right on that, but there is no doubt that the toughest region to win in the state almost every year is the 7th.

Agreed
Bullitt East has everybody back from last season and gets 6'7" Young back from injury along with a 6'7" sophomore that will see time. One game I saw in Frankfort this summer they went 6'9" 6'7" 6'7" 6'5" 6'0" and were still plenty athletic. They looked awfully good that week to me.