Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2012
Does anyone know how spring practice is going up on Log Mountain? How will they do this year losing Davenport and some key lineman?
I look for the Cats to never break stride. It is a new era on the mountain, but the new coaching and experienced talent will keep the tradition at full speed ahead.
The bobcats should be as they always are. They lost a great running back but the talent coming up should make up the difference. They should have a good season.
Bell will be fine.
Bell will be Bell.

Right at the top of 3A with the likes of Central and Belfry.
How are summer workouts going?
whats Bells Schedule look like this Year
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:whats Bells Schedule look like this Year

I know they open with Lexington Catholic and play Bryan Station in the I High Bowl in Lexington.
This is what they have on the schedule so far...

Aug 17, 12 Lexington Catholic away 7:30 PM
Aug 24, 12 Bryan Station away 6:00 PM Fayette County iHigh Football Frenzy
Sep 21, 12 Wayne County home 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 McCreary Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Harlan County away 7:30 PM

They will also have Whitley County at home, @ Corbin, @ Casey County, Clay County at Home, and @ Middlesboro i believe (if there playing again this year). Just not sure on the dates.
Powerhouses Wayne County and McCreary Central at home...

In all seriousness, that's a heck of a road schedule!
^
Wayne, Mccreary, and Casey are all district games they have to play, along with Corbin.
Considering Bell plays 6A Bryan Station, 5A Whitley County and Harlan County, along with 4A Lex Cath and Clay County, id say thats pretty good considering every non district game the bobcats play is against higher classed competetion.
Interesting collaboration.
[Image: http://www.aldg.info/liuhan1.jpg]
[Image: http://www.aldg.info/liuhan2.jpg]
[Image: http://www.aldg.info/liuhan3.jpg]
[Image: http://www.aldg.info/liuhan4.jpg]
I am excited to see what Bell brings to the table in 2012.

Polly gets his chance to shine, and although he may not have the game-breaking ability of Davenport, I think he is a much more durable runner and has the ability to fall forward for the extra yardage. Bell will always have a stout defensive Front 7 and superb line play.

In my humble opinion, the success of Bell falls squarely on the development of Oslonian. Oslonan was a little underrated IMO and ran the offense very well. If Oslonian transcends into a 2nd big time playmaker it makes Bell very dangerous. With the experience and skill Central returns on defense the Bobcats will need multiple weapons and multiple facets to have success on offense.
Will the up coming sophomore and freshmens have any impact this season.
bell has a nice looking lineman that will be there this year .came from jackson co.good looking kid from what i saw at spring pratice 6'5" 315 quick on his feet ,seem strong but never saw him in the weight room.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:Will the up coming sophomore and freshmens have any impact this season.

one or two might but if your success depends on freshman you are in deep trouble.
belldad2011 Wrote:bell has a nice looking lineman that will be there this year .came from jackson co.good looking kid from what i saw at spring pratice 6'5" 315 quick on his feet ,seem strong but never saw him in the weight room.

Will he be eligible this year?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Will he be eligible this year?

All ready eligible.
Heard Bell might be playing in Boyle's bowl in '13 and '14
64black&gold Wrote:Heard Bell might be playing in Boyle's bowl in '13 and '14

That would be awesome. I sure hope it works out.
64black&gold Wrote:Heard Bell might be playing in Boyle's bowl in '13 and '14

I would like to see that.
I happen to think that most of the talent on Log Mountain is overrated. Polly is very good but the line, even last year, wasnt super impressive. Losing Caleb Carter will show the problems.

Oslonan needs work. A super athletic guy but he isnt tough enough in my opnion. I think they could end up 6-4. Even Middlesboro will give em a good game.
^
I truly believe Oslonian will be a differance maker.
IF he can really take advantage of the experience, than i think he could easily be the field general for them.
Polly is one of the best players in the mountains. Ive watch the kid set back for two years waiting for his shot and i think he will not dissapoint.
With some work, you can fix an o line. Give them time.
While i do believe this will be one of the weaker teams bell has had over the last decade compared to what their use to, they will still be up at toward the top of 3A.
teampaul Wrote:I happen to think that most of the talent on Log Mountain is overrated. Polly is very good but the line, even last year, wasnt super impressive. Losing Caleb Carter will show the problems.

Oslonan needs work. A super athletic guy but he isnt tough enough in my opnion. I think they could end up 6-4. Even Middlesboro will give em a good game.

You have no idea what you are talking about.:please:
teampaul Wrote:I happen to think that most of the talent on Log Mountain is overrated. Polly is very good but the line, even last year, wasnt super impressive. Losing Caleb Carter will show the problems.

You do realize that this senior class played in the finals in the 8th right and having played together for 4 add years i think this Bell team will be just fine.
Bell Co 97 Wrote:You do realize that this senior class played in the finals in the 8th right and having played together for 4 add years i think this Bell team will be just fine.

They will be fine Bell will be just like they have all ways been.

Paul you have not idea what you are talking about. Bell will be fine. They could have 1 of the better O-line groups thay have had since 2008. Hudson at RT is possibly the best OT they have had in a long time. Burnett at LT is a 3 year starter. Marcum is back at Center. They have 4 or 5 kids competing for time at the OG's spots and all will be fine. Johnson who played RG last year was the best OL on that team but Bell on a whole will have a better OL.

If you think M'boro will give them a game you are mistaken. They lost the whole offense in Roark and most of the defense. They are still a year or 2 away. 6-4 sound like a hater prediction. LexCath will be very good, Whitley will be improved and Wayne will be the toughest district opponent. But Bell will still be the overwhelming favorite in the district and in all the games except LexCath and Possibly HC but we know how that game always goes.
Bell Co 97 Wrote:You do realize that this senior class played in the finals in the 8th right and having played together for 4 add years i think this Bell team will be just fine.

Agree that Bell will be just fine you cannot use a good 8th grade team as your benchmark. Means almost nothing.
20+ seniors that have played together for 4 years means a heck of alot. Personally,I feel Bell could be better than last year. But time will tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]