Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan Co. 64 North Laurel 46 (KHSAA/Sweet 16)
Final from Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Huge game from Thacker, if he can play like that they should be playing on sat morning again this year. I really like the Allen kid from NL, he has a nice stroke for a big guy. Why hasn't anyone been talking bout him this year? He should be a force in the 13th the next couple years.
Congrats Rowan!
Congrats to North Laurel on an amazing season! Rowan County had the experience from the last season as well as the leadership so, I don't think a big win should come as a surprise to anyone. I had them winning by 12 but, I was trying to be conservative.

Congrats Vikings!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Game 1: Rowan County rolls to victory

Rowan County sophomore Tyler Thacker came off the bench to score 25 points and lead the Vikings to a 64-46 victory over North Laurel in the opening game of the 95th Sweet Sixteen Wednesday afternoon in Rupp Arena.

Thacker, the son of Rowan County Coach Shawn Thacker, was 4-for-6 on three-pointers. Senior point guard D.J. Townsend had 14 points and 4 assists. Senior forward Adam Wing had 8 points, 5 assists and 15 rebounds.

Wing and Jason Egan, who were dead-eyes from three-point range in last year’s state tournament, were a combined 0-for-9 against North Laurel. But it didn’t matter. North Laurel shot only 34% (18-for-54) in their first-ever Sweet Sixteen game.

Jake Allen, a 6-foot-6 sophomore, led the Jaguars with 19 points and 7 rebounds. Marcus Carson, who has committed to play baseball at UK, had 8 points and 4 assists.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Rowan!!!
[Image: http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2012/03...uSt.79.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
easy win this go around. ramp it up for Southwestern
I watched a little bit of this. Rowan was impressive