Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 59 Ashland 56
leaping lee Wrote:works for ya?
works words...same result....region champs!!!lol
Tough loss for the Cats but Rowan will represent the region well again this year.
Half of Ashland's team and 3 starters all transferred from Rose Hill. Dicky bitching about a kid that actually moved in just shows the lack of character that is there.
FBALL Wrote:Half of Ashland's team and 3 starters all transferred from Rose Hill. Dicky bitching about a kid that actually moved in just shows the lack of character that is there.

You see it thru the program. Buddy is always trying to shift the blame. I listened to some of their radio broadcast during AIT and he was always making excuses. Sometimes you just can't do enough to win. Rowan had some calls against them in the state championship game, but if they had not made a turnover or guarded the last second shot, things could have been different. But, thats why you play the game.
Congratulations Rowan. Hope you represent our region as well as you did last year.
This threads cracking me up...we may have the next Wideleft01 in here lol!
FBALL Wrote:Half of Ashland's team and 3 starters all transferred from Rose Hill. Dicky bitching about a kid that actually moved in just shows the lack of character that is there.

Just out of curiosity, what school district do the kids that transferred to Ashland live in? Does anyone know?
Looserville!!
DRYBACON21 Wrote:Looserville!!

Love it! This from the guy who spells LOSERVILLE with two O's.

Looser than what? Looser than your turban? Looser than Dickie's underwear? Looser than the ball was on the last shot attempt?
^ LOL! That reminds of a contest some folks had supposed to be similar to the Biggest Loser... only it was the Biggest Looser! :biggrin:
Leaping Lee Wrote:Just out of curiosity, what school district do the kids that transferred to Ashland live in? Does anyone know?

That is immaterial. The by-laws require a legitimate move. As I understand it, there were none. We all know that the rules of KHSAA are "flexible" for some.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Just out of curiosity, what school district do the kids that transferred to Ashland live in? Does anyone know?

Rose Hill and Fairview are in the same district as Ashland.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:That is immaterial. The by-laws require a legitimate move. As I understand it, there were none. We all know that the rules of KHSAA are "flexible" for some.

I wasn't trying to start a rules discussion just curious if they were in district or not. Lighten up just a little my man.
Lizzard Wrote:Rose Hill and Fairview are in the same district as Ashland.

Fairview and Ashland are the same school district? Is this correct? I thought fairview was an independent school district. Rose Hill is a private school so I was under the belief that they didn't have a district. Correct or not?
DRYBACON21 Wrote:Looserville!!

Wow. :biglmao::igiveup::biglmao:
Leaping Lee Wrote:I wasn't trying to start a rules discussion just curious if they were in district or not. Lighten up just a little my man.

I have been told that all lived in the Ashland school district. Ashland and Fairview are separate school districts. Rose Hill is located near the boundary line for the Ashland and the Boyd County school districts and actually is very close to the Fairview district.

The district where the boys live is, as I said, immaterial in regard to the general discussion of this part of this thread. The by-laws involving Townsend and the six from Rose Hill and how they were applied are the material factors alluded to by some of the posters, including me.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I have been told that all lived in the Ashland school district. Ashland and Fairview are separate school districts. Rose Hill is located near the boundary line for the Ashland and the Boyd County school districts and actually is very close to the Fairview district.

The district where the boys live is, as I said, immaterial in regard to the general discussion of this part of this thread. The by-laws involving Townsend and the six from Rose Hill and how they were applied are the material factors alluded to by some of the posters, including me.

It's material to you apparently but not to me. I was just curios where they lived because back in the day alot of kids crossed district boundries. On my part I wasn't even aware that Townsend was a transfer.
Leaping Lee Wrote:It's material to you apparently but not to me. I was just curios where they lived because back in the day alot of kids crossed district boundries. On my part I wasn't even aware that Townsend was a transfer.

He moved from Sommerset between his Sophmore and Junior year. His father works in Rowan County.
I think that only 2 of the 6 kids mentioned transferred. The others have never attended another high school. I could be mistaken but I think this is the case.
washed up Wrote:I think that only 2 of the 6 kids mentioned transferred. The others have never attended another high school. I could be mistaken but I think this is the case.

When you change school districts, that is called a transfer. Of the six, four had played varsity ball and two had played on the junior varsity. Four transferred prior to entering the ninth grade. All transferred. None moved.

All who transferred were declared eligible by KHSAA. Rose Hill contested none of the transfers- to Ashland or to Fairview, boys or girls. Rose Hill acted in a manner to avoid harming the transferees. Their neighbors do not reciprocate that policy. All is well.
I didn't think high school rules applied to middle school kids. I didn't think the athletic association had to rule on the four that had not yet enrolled in a high school.
washed up Wrote:I didn't think high school rules applied to middle school kids. I didn't think the athletic association had to rule on the four that had not yet enrolled in a high school.

You are correct if you assume recruiting wasn't involved. Recruiting changes the equation.
Are you saying that 6 players were recruited?
washed up Wrote:Are you saying that 6 players were recruited?

He's talking in circles. All 6 declared eligable by the KHSAA, which as you stated isn't true, they were recruited, blah, blah, blah. Starting to sound like he's not only bitter but uniformed as well.
I didnt think that 4 of the 6 required a ruling and why is he wearing a uniform?
Leaping Lee Wrote:He's talking in circles. All 6 declared eligable by the KHSAA, which as you stated isn't true, they were recruited, blah, blah, blah. Starting to sound like he's not only bitter but uniformed as well.

No one said that all six were recruited. No one said that anyone was recruited. No one was declared "eligable" although all were declared "eligible". And, no one, to my knowledge is wearing a "uniform". Leaping Lee was obviously not valedictorian of his government school.

Finally, who is bitter? As I said earlier "All is well". On the other hand, I will assure you that I am much better informed, and apparently much better educated, than Leaping Lee. But that isn't saying much, is it?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:No one said that all six were recruited. No one said that anyone was recruited. No one was declared "eligable" although all were declared "eligible". And, no one, to my knowledge is wearing a "uniform". Leaping Lee was obviously not valedictorian of his government school.

Finally, who is bitter? As I said earlier "All is well". On the other hand, I will assure you that I am much better informed, and apparently much better educated, than Leaping Lee. But that isn't saying much, is it?

You are bitter you have said much more than "All is well". Does "irony of ironies" ring a bell? That was you comment under the picture of kids who are obviously hurting. Kids at possibly one of their lowest moments?

Given your knowledge on the matter and their backgrounds I think it's safe to assume you know some, if not all of those kids personally. So when you see them in person are you going to pretend to be their friend or are you going to tell them you got great joy when you saw them hurt and were so moved by their pain that you took a cheap shot at them?
Leaping Lee Wrote:You are bitter you have said much more than "All is well". Does "irony of ironies" ring a bell? That was you comment under the picture of kids who are obviously hurting. Kids at possibly one of their lowest moments?

Given your knowledge on the matter and their backgrounds I think it's safe to assume you know some, if not all of those kids personally. So when you see them in person are you going to pretend to be their friend or are you going to tell them you got great joy when you saw them hurt and were so moved by their pain that you took a cheap shot at them?

Perception and interpretation are too often in the eyes of the beholder and therefore the true meaning is usually lost. There is no reason for bitterness on my part because all is well. Can you say the same?
I do not understand why the ones that started high school at Blazer were ruled eligible, actually why there had to be a ruling at all. If someone can help me understand that concept I would appreciate it.
washed up Wrote:I do not understand why the ones that started high school at Blazer were ruled eligible, actually why there had to be a ruling at all. If someone can help me understand that concept I would appreciate it.

As I said earlier, there would be no need for anyone transferring before the ninth grade to be declared eligible by KHSAA unless there was a question of recruiting made by the old school against the new school. I did not insinuate that recruiting took place although Leaping Lee seemed to think so. I really have no way of knowing since I'm not associated with any of the schools involved. My information is usually second or third hand although the "hands" are pretty reliable and close to the action.

If the former school raised the question of recruiting, KHSAA would have a duty to look into it. I understand that Rose Hill did not oppose the transfers. On the other hand, I have also heard that KHSAA expressed displeasure with Rose Hill for never opposing any transfers. I was told that these transfers in question involved two schools and girls as well as boys. If that is the case, it can be assumed that KHSAA sensed that a review was needed. Since Rose Hill wouldn't contest the transfers or file a formal complaint, KHSAA could do nothing.