Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel-59 vs Middlesboro-43 (13th Region Tournament)
Final from Corbin Arena.

Congrats Jags.
I had Middlesboro winning this one and apparently I was way off! Congrats Jags!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I will say that this Middlesboro team that I saw play North Laurel tonight was 100% part of a miracle to have been able to defeat Bell Co and Harlan Co in succesion.......Simply mind boggling.
So much for that little run....
Congratulations North Laurel on the victory.
AND to Middlesboro for a great season. I sort of hate to see Middlesboro out of this, they have recently played with a huge heart and great intensity.

Gut - you are soo sarcastic!!
hoops_town Wrote:I will say that this Middlesboro team that I saw play North Laurel tonight was 100% part of a miracle to have been able to defeat Bell Co and Harlan Co in succesion.......Simply mind boggling.

Very true! Lightning did strike twice, but the third time, the Jackets struck out!
Middlesboro's hot shooting continued for three quarters, but that magic went away in the 4th against North Laurel.
Game was a lot closer than the score indicated. I think Middlesboro was down 3 going into the 4th. Free throw line is what killed Middlesboro in my opinion. I think they went 10-28, while NL went 16-21.
I may be wrong, but I think they were 3-14 first half. May have been a different outcome if they shot it a little better. 7-14 second half.
Roscoe Denny's defense usually takes a toll on the other teams offense. Congrats to the Jags!!
the 13th region is certainly up for grabs.its hard to believe middlesboro beat bell and harlan co , in the same week...