Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idolizing LeBron James
Let me first start this post by saying, I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan. Let me continue on that by saying that I'm in no way sour that he left Cleveland. Many athletes have left Cleveland. I defended LeBron on several occasions when he was with my team, he left just before my 16th birthday, and as I near my 19th, I have grown up in alot of ways and with the growing up I look back and see so much in the man I loathe that I almost hate myself for taking up for him two years ago. As much as it seems like as it's a "You hate him because he left your team" deal, it's also alot of "You've grown up and realized he's not worth a shit."

My first problem with him goes back to videos I've seen as far back as high school. Whining, arguing when he walks or travels. I can understand the fact that sometimes you get frustrated with an official but the dude as long as I've seen him play has a whiny persona, it's honestly annoying. He almost seems like he thinks of himself as God.

My next problem with him is that he never seems to have that determination. The fourth quarter problem is, you never see him looking like he's going so much harder. I don't think he does, in fear of overdoing it and in turn ends up choking like a little girl. It's bad that when I saw the Cavs down 87-86 to the Celtics I assumed we were out because I'm not used to seeing us be able to hit game winners.

Then of course, the entire idea of ditching a city you grew up half an hour of, shitting on them on live television to go play for an All Star team after you promised you "wouldn't stop until you brought a Championship to Cleveland." The city rallied around you and in turn you went on live TV and dumped on it. I could go on forever, but really in total, the man is good. He can play basketball and is by far one of the more freak athletes I've ever seen. He probably will win a championship, and I hate him then as much as I hate him now. Not because he ditched my team, but how he did it. He threw Loyalty down the drain, and Respect out the window. Which is the exact reason I plan on getting those two words tattooed in the spot where he sports his initials.

So my point of this post is, as a parent why would you let your kid idolize a player who dances on the court, goes against what you teach, and quits. Who is going to teach their kid to quit? Who would want to teach their kid that if you can't win, go join someone who can. Not work harder, be a LEADER and make everyone around you better, ditch them and go play with another superstar. I saw a kid who practices in a LeBron shirt, and wears #6 in a game. He's a young kid, but the more I think of it the more I realize that a kid should actually be taught as an example why LeBron is bad. Show him LeBron and say this man is a quitter, and a coward, and because he doesn't want to WORK he is still championship-less. That's what matters, hard work and dedication and while I'm sure he works damn hard, he could have worked harder instead of running off to join D-Wade. Did Bird and Magic team up? I just think that if a kid on TV sees LeBron dancing on the court, and going by a "If you can't beat them, join them" philosophy, and all the other shit he does that is considered wrong, why wouldn't he try and do it too the same way they try to look like him w/ their ugly Heat shirts?

Enough ranting. Respect&Loyalty. Cleveland 'Til I Die. Let's hear what you guys (Bron fans and haters alike) have to say.
Lebron is the best player in the world right now...

but I simply have a hard time cheering for people that can accomplish so much but end up accomplishing so little.

People call me a frontrunner all the time....
but I don't know how many devoted gonzaga fans we have on this board.
Or Utah Jazz fans lol

But when I see Gonzaga and Utah play...
I see teams that don't have superstars and talent that go out and play team basketball and get the job done.

I look at Lebron and see the most talented basketball player in the world but he hasn't made it to Mecca yet....
but if he had one ounce of the mentality of Kobe Bryant had I honestly think he would have been there twice....maybe three times by now.
zaga_fan Wrote:Lebron is the best player in the world right now...

but I simply have a hard time cheering for people that can accomplish so much but end up accomplishing so little.

People call me a frontrunner all the time....
but I don't know how many devoted gonzaga fans we have on this board.
Or Utah Jazz fans lol

But when I see Gonzaga and Utah play...
I see teams that don't have superstars and talent that go out and play team basketball and get the job done.

I look at Lebron and see the most talented basketball player in the world but he hasn't made it to Mecca yet....
but if he had one ounce of the mentality of Kobe Bryant had I honestly think he would have been there twice....maybe three times by now.

Agreed, and that's without Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. If I had his talent, man, I'd try so hard. I can't call him the best player til he wins it, but I'll give him the best athlete. Doesn't mean I like him though, LOL.
I have no problem saying that he's the best player.
But if he never wins it he won't be looked at the same as other players like MJ and Kobe.

I honestly don't hate him or anything.
I like watching him play.
But it had now gotten to the point where it is more fun to wait and see if he will choke lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:If LeBron wants to jerk, LeBron can jerk. He's sitting on the sideline having a little fun. Danny Green obviously taught him/got him into dancing and he's doing it alot. Like when you first get a video game and play it alot? Take it wrong if you want. He's having fun.

Belfry0304 Wrote:I hope LeBron doesn't retire 23, I have so many things with his 23 logo on it and if it changes I have to buy more, plus my LeBron autographed throwback jersey is 23.

I don't quite understand why people don't like LeBron. As a player, he's the most legitimate chance for a triple double on an every night basis. He can go for 40 on any given night but will also pick up close to ten assists, close to ten rebounds, and sometimes a few blocks. He excites with his explosiveness simply using raw power, speed, and vertical ability to leap over defenders and puts down the hardest dunks with men in his face, no one stops LeBron when he comes through the lane, just ask the seven footers he's went over. He plays hard on defense, also. Just because he dances and has fun on the sidelines, doesn't mean he's cocky. He's trying to keep this year's team very loose knit, and that went a LONG way towards having the best team last year. He's very respectful, note it in press conferences, etc, and when he dunks or anything he tries to get the home crowd fired up for the Cavaliers advantage.

Kobe, however, can go for 50 or 60, but doesn't put up the assists and rebounds. He can't explode through the lane over people like LeBron does, and despite being a better shooter, I still find it much more exciting to see LeBron use all his different tools to explode out and dunk hard. And yes, I'm probably biased because I'm a Cavs fan. But still, I like excitement. LeBron James IS excitement.

Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Smile

You got me. Can I get a date of post? Lol.

I do enjoy watching the dude play, let's be honest. He's insanely good. Fact is, I just don't respect him. He's a choker, a quitter, and a whiner.
Belfry0304 Wrote:You got me. Can I get a date of post? Lol.

I do enjoy watching the dude play, let's be honest. He's insanely good. Fact is, I just don't respect him. He's a choker, a quitter, and a whiner.

Umm Just search lebron dancing. I remember having the Whiner, Quitter Choker argument with you many of times and you always defended lebron while he was in Cleveland. The elbow thing, All kinds of situations.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Umm Just search lebron dancing. I remember having the Whiner, Quitter Choker argument with you many of times and you always defended lebron while he was in Cleveland. The elbow thing, All kinds of situations.

Forgive me, while I admit that I'm wrong.
Best player?
I honestly dont believe he is the best player on the Heats roster.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Best player?

Very possible as well. D-Wade is much more of a competitor.
And Wildcatk23 Can we agree his cockiness has gotten worse since leaving Cleveland?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Best player?

You don't watch any Heat games huh? LOL

I strongly believe maybe 2 or 3 years ago Wade was in Lebron's class but NOT NOW...

Wade is aging quick, a lot of bad injuries over the years have really slowed Wade down. But Wade can still be the closer for the Heat but does that mean he's the best player... NO... Wade is the closer.

Lebron is the best all around basketball player in the world, and from the way everyone has looked this season Lebron is the hardest worker in the off-season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lebron James is the King, and all other pale in comparison!
SD is the BIGGEST LeBron fan on here...
LeBron James has been the best player in the regular season for some time now. However, in each of the playoff series he has been beat out of, he just wasn't the same player. Take a look at each of his playoff exits:

2006: Lost to Detroit in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 4 TOPG, 44%FG)
2007: Lost to San Antonio in the NBA Finals. (22 PPG, 7 RPG, 7 APG, 6 TOPG, 36%FG)
2008: Lost to Boston in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 6 RPG, 7 APG, 5 TOPG, 36%FG)
2009: Lost to Orlando in the Conf. Finals. (38 PPG, 8 RPG, 8 APG, 4 TOPG, 49%FG)
2010: Lost to Boston in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 9 RPG, 7 APG, 5 TOPG, 45%FG)
2011: Lost to Dallas in the NBA Finals. (18 PPG, 7 RPG, 7 APG, 4 TOPG, 48%FG)

There are the playoff stats in each of the series' that LeBron has been beat out of in his career. They don't reflect a lot of things but make out of them what you will.
itzAmazing Wrote:LeBron James has been the best player in the regular season for some time now. However, in each of the playoff series he has been beat out of, he just wasn't the same player. Take a look at each of his playoff exits:

2006: Lost to Detroit in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 4 TOPG, 44%FG)
2007: Lost to San Antonio in the NBA Finals. (22 PPG, 7 RPG, 7 APG, 6 TOPG, 36%FG)
2008: Lost to Boston in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 6 RPG, 7 APG, 5 TOPG, 36%FG)
2009: Lost to Orlando in the Conf. Finals. (38 PPG, 8 RPG, 8 APG, 4 TOPG, 49%FG)
2010: Lost to Boston in the Conf. Semi's. (27 PPG, 9 RPG, 7 APG, 5 TOPG, 45%FG)
2011: Lost to Dallas in the NBA Finals. (18 PPG, 7 RPG, 7 APG, 4 TOPG, 48%FG)

There are the playoff stats in each of the series' that LeBron has been beat out of in his career. They don't reflect a lot of things but make out of them what you will.

Pretty good stats...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In the Playoffs
(2006) LeBron James 35.7ppg, 7.5reb. 5.7ast, 50.1%fg vs Washington
(2006) LeBron James 26.6ppg, 8.6reb, 6.0ast, 44.2%fg vs Detroit
(2007) LeBron James 27.8ppg, 8.5reb, 7.5ast, 42.5%fg vs Washington
(2007) LeBron James 24.7ppg, 7.3reb, 8.5ast, 42.3%fg vs New Jersey
(2007) LeBron James 25.7ppg, 9.2reb, 8.5ast, 44.9%fg vs Detroit
(2007) LeBron James 22.0ppg, 7.0reb, 6.8ast, 35.6%fg vs San Antonio
(2008) LeBron James 29.8ppg, 9.5reb, 7.7ast, 48.3%fg vs Washington
(2008) LeBron James 26.7ppg, 6.4reb, 7.6ast, 35.5%fg vs Boston
(2009) LeBron James 32.0ppg, 11.3reb, 7.5ast, 50.6%fg vs Detroit
(2009) LeBron James 33.8ppg, 8.3reb, 6.0ast, 55.6%fg vs Atlanta
(2009) LeBron James 38.5ppg, 8.3reb, 8.0ast, 48.7%fg vs Orlando
(2010) LeBron James 31.8ppg, 9.2reb, 8.2ast, 56.7%fg vs Chicago
(2010) LeBron James 26.8ppg, 9.3reb, 7.2ast, 44.7%fg vs Boston
(2011) LeBron James 24.2ppg, 10.6reb, 6.2ast, 46.9%fg vs Philadelphia
(2011) LeBron James 28.0ppg, 8.2reb, 3.6ast, 47.2%fg vs Boston
(2011) LeBron James 25.8ppg, 7.8reb, 6.6ast, 44.7%fg vs Chicago
(2011) LeBron James 17.8ppg, 6.8reb, 6.8ast, 47.8%fg vs Dallas
Obviously LeBron James has had some great playoff series performances. LeBron James was way too passive in the 2011 NBA Finals and was shut down by the Spurs in the 2007 NBA Finals. Interestingly enough, Kobe Bryant is a 41.2% career shooter when it comes to the NBA Finals, but you know what? Kobe Bryant’s teams covered up Kobe Bryant missing 58.8% of his shots in the NBA Finals so Kobe Bryant isn’t viewed as an NBA Finals “choker”, that’s what I call intelligent individual player analysis.
ekff Wrote:Pretty good stats...

That they are. The series LeBron had against Orlando in 2009 was just insane. The two lines that I looked at there were the two NBA Finals' appearances. In 2007, LeBron was simply overmatched by a Spurs team that knew how to win and shut him down for the most part. In 2011, obviously, things were a bit different, but mostly the same: LeBron ran into a team defense that had his number.
LeBron is the most gifted athlete in the world. But now as far as saying who I want to give the ball to with game 7 on the line and I'm the Head Coach of the Heat? I'm giving it to Wade!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:LeBron is the most gifted athlete in the world. But now as far as saying who I want to give the ball to with game 7 on the line and I'm the Head Coach of the Heat? I'm giving it to Wade!

Yeah that will be ok.. But that still doesn't mean anything..

Lakers, Spurs, Rockets all had some of the greatest but Robert Horry still got many Buzzer shots..

Yeah I'd say u wouldn't be in game 7 if it wasn't for Lebron.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lebron is the GREATEST to ever play this game!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Very possible as well. D-Wade is much more of a competitor.
He whines just as much as LeBron. He may play harder but he whines a lot. Most of the "super stars" do. I am sorry no foul was called while you was spinning, cartwheeling and then flipped and kicked the ball into the stands. I know the ref missed it. Everytime I want to punch them in the face when they whine like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^ Is there an NBA star that does not whine? That's a legit question too. I've seen Kobe, Carmello, D-Howard bitch and moan for a quarter about a call they didn't get the previous quarter. Stars feel that they deserve all calls.
All players bitch about calls. That is the nature of the game. Some think they should get a call on every single play, especially if they turn it over or miss a shot. No sir there was no foul when you tripped on the half court line and threw the ball out of bounds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
ekff Wrote:Yeah that will be ok.. But that still doesn't mean anything..

Lakers, Spurs, Rockets all had some of the greatest but Robert Horry still got many Buzzer shots..

Yeah I'd say u wouldn't be in game 7 if it wasn't for Lebron.

Not my point. You'd definitely not be there without LeBron. But in crunch time, I'm giving it to Wade.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL