Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Trinity
This big battle has been mentioned before on BGR. Who would win? Trinity is an obvious favorite. Would they do to Highlands what they did to other opponents? Would Highlands be able to surprise the world and pull an upset? Would Highlands even be able to surprise the world and make this a running clock game?
Would be an interesting game, Towles vs Wright, Bruns on defense vs. Quick on Offense, but Trinity is #2 in the nation for a reason(#1 in some polls), I think highlands may put up 21 on them, all from Towles, but Trinity would win by 20+.
I'm not one to compare scores, but it would be interesting to compare stats on Highland's game with elder, and Trinity's game with elder. Highlands won by a TD, and Trinity won big, like 56-7, interesting to look at stats though.
Trinity 44-7
Trinity Stats vs Elder

T 56- E 7, worst loss ever for the Panthers

409 Total Rushing Yards on 37 rushes
82 Total Rushing Yards Allowed (Elder) 31 rushes
177 Total Passing Yards 14 for 18
99 Total Passing Yards Allowed (Elder) 8 for 20

Trinity scored 14 in each quarter and allowed Elder's 7 in fourth quarter.

The August game like scrimmage was 38-14 in favor of Trinity.4 quarters were played with game officials, kicking game, etc.
Comparative scores + the results of a certain scrimmage = Trinity in a big way.
Trinity would win by a lot.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
WideRight05 Wrote:This big battle has been mentioned before on BGR. Who would win? Trinity is an obvious favorite. Would they do to Highlands what they did to other opponents? Would Highlands be able to surprise the world and pull an upset? Would Highlands even be able to surprise the world and make this a running clock game?

Seriously, why bring this up. Highlands wants not part of Trinity in an actual game that counts.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Seriously, why bring this up. Highlands wants not part of Trinity in an actual game that counts.

I think that trinity wanted no part of Highlands. If Highlands lost to T this year by 21 pts (my prediction) no worries.

If T lost to lowly 3A sized public school. National ranking is gonesville.

Highlands beat Elder with the Birds best WR playing QB.
Towles drove the opening drive like he was playing the Scott Eagles, then got hurt blowing threw a linebacker for the first TD.

Highlands hung with T during the first half that scrimmage (like 7-0 or 14-0 at Half). NO starting WRs or RBs played for Highlands. the only 2 returning OLinemen also sat out of the scrimmage. nicked up players dont play in scrimmages since one or two years ago we lost our best rb for the whole reg season in a scrimmage (Josh Conner).

Almighty Trinity is just 11 high school kids wearing football pads. Highlands could pull it off but its not likely. Id like to see the game. All this Highlands will never beat them talk reminds me of the St. X game in 09'.:popcorn:
Jumper Dad Wrote:Seriously, why bring this up. Highlands wants not part of Trinity in an actual game that counts.

It's actually been brought up all year long, just not in it's own thread
Competitive game? Yes.

Any doubt who the winner would be? No.

I really like the Birds and being from NKY, I have seen them a lot. However, I think a team like Trinity with their size and ability to have 2000 BOYS to choose from makes it far fetched to believe HHS can compete for four quarters.

To me, it's not an argument of who is better, but who is better in what resources they have. Rock fans get excited about their accomplishments, and rightfully so. But, they are an all boys school that brings in kids from all over. They are not a public school (and God knows I am not making this a Public/Private debate) with the limited resources and number of boys to compete with.

Trinity is supposed to be dominate and to say they ONLY have 20 titles may be a knock as much as it is an accomplishment. They SHOULD win the state championship every year and if they don't then there is something wrong.

HHS should NOT dominate the way they do for a mid-sized school. So, for pure accomplishments sake, HHS is more accomplished than the Rocks and to even make an argument that the Birds could even compete with the Rocks is a tremendous compliment to the HHS program, and one would think an embarrassment for Trinity to even be compared to any other team in the state not called St. X!

Sorry, my top program is HHS with what they have to work with!
Stardust Wrote:Competitive game? Yes.

Any doubt who the winner would be? No.

I really like the Birds and being from NKY, I have seen them a lot. However, I think a team like Trinity with their size and ability to have 2000 BOYS to choose from makes it far fetched to believe HHS can compete for four quarters.

To me, it's not an argument of who is better, but who is better in what resources they have. Rock fans get excited about their accomplishments, and rightfully so. But, they are an all boys school that brings in kids from all over. They are not a public school (and God knows I am not making this a Public/Private debate) with the limited resources and number of boys to compete with.

Trinity is supposed to be dominate and to say they ONLY have 20 titles may be a knock as much as it is an accomplishment. They SHOULD win the state championship every year and if they don't then there is something wrong.

HHS should NOT dominate the way they do for a mid-sized school. So, for pure accomplishments sake, HHS is more accomplished than the Rocks and to even make an argument that the Birds could even compete with the Rocks is a tremendous compliment to the HHS program, and one would think an embarrassment for Trinity to even be compared to any other team in the state not called St. X!

Sorry, my top program is HHS with what they have to work with!

i argee with you highlands is able to pull kids over from cincys and other place in nky with the amazing education system and sports so it not that highlands being a mid sized schoolb is able to compete but they destoy everyone aroumd them and they would give trinty a good game for most of the game
birdman44 Wrote:I think that trinity wanted no part of Highlands. If Highlands lost to T this year by 21 pts (my prediction) no worries.

If T lost to lowly 3A sized public school. National ranking is gonesville.

Highlands beat Elder with the Birds best WR playing QB.
Towles drove the opening drive like he was playing the Scott Eagles, then got hurt blowing threw a linebacker for the first TD.

Highlands hung with T during the first half that scrimmage (like 7-0 or 14-0 at Half). NO starting WRs or RBs played for Highlands. the only 2 returning OLinemen also sat out of the scrimmage. nicked up players dont play in scrimmages since one or two years ago we lost our best rb for the whole reg season in a scrimmage (Josh Conner).

Almighty Trinity is just 11 high school kids wearing football pads. Highlands could pull it off but its not likely. Id like to see the game. All this Highlands will never beat them talk reminds me of the St. X game in 09'.:popcorn:

I love revisionist views.

It was 31-0 after three quarters. Towles played almost the entire game. Yes there were two O Linemen out for the Birds. But they don't play defense.

One WR was out (best one) but not all of them.

HHS scored for the first time in the 38-14 loss with 6 minutes left and Towles still throwing.

I think what the Birds did was a remarkable run but it was overshadowed by the run that Trinity had.

This game would have been just as bad as the scrimmage or worse so just man up and go on with it. Highlands had a super squad but Trinity was elite this year.
Hatz Wrote:I love revisionist views.

It was 31-0 after three quarters. Towles played almost the entire game. Yes there were two O Linemen out for the Birds. But they don't play defense.

One WR was out (best one) but not all of them.

HHS scored for the first time in the 38-14 loss with 6 minutes left and Towles still throwing.

I think what the Birds did was a remarkable run but it was overshadowed by the run that Trinity had.

This game would have been just as bad as the scrimmage or worse so just man up and go on with it. Highlands had a super squad but Trinity was elite this year.

how would it ever be worse with the addition of an all state WR and your two best OLinemen? Collinsworth did not play as well (No. 2 WR). Plus the birds were trying to get as much practice as possible with the passing attack so they did not run the ball once.

game would have been different. Not saying HHS would win, I think Trinity would have been surprised.
birdman44 Wrote:how would it ever be worse with the addition of an all state WR and your two best OLinemen? Collinsworth did not play as well (No. 2 WR). Plus the birds were trying to get as much practice as possible with the passing attack so they did not run the ball once.

game would have been different. Not saying HHS would win, I think Trinity would have been surprised.

The OLine didn't give up 31 points in 3 quarters the defense did.

It would be no different than me getting on here and saying:

Well HHS led Boyle at the half only 21-14. In that time the Birds had a TD on a long INT return and a big bomb literally with the final seconds of the half. Boyle could have been up 14-7, not down 21-14.

Anyone can recreate anything to make it better.

BTW, check again those Trinity scores against much, much better competition and you see it's hard to make a case, even for the Birds. But hey, if it makes you feel better, fine.
I think everyone's hatred for Highlands is getting in the way of their thinking. Like a couple of people have said, we had some injuries in the scrimmage we played. Not to mention, it was just that - a SCRIMMAGE. Honestly, I think with everybody full force and us playing our BEST game, we beat Trinity by 2 - 3 scores. But that's at our BEST.
I respect Highlands program to the fullest. However, Trinity would win convincingly. A four-five touchdown favorite. Just my take.
Trinity 56 to 14.
^ and you my friend are crazy.
^ Might not be...
WideRight05 Wrote:I think everyone's hatred for Highlands is getting in the way of their thinking. Like a couple of people have said, we had some injuries in the scrimmage we played. Not to mention, it was just that - a SCRIMMAGE. Honestly, I think with everybody full force and us playing our BEST game, we beat Trinity by 2 - 3 scores. But that's at our BEST.

I think your love for Highlands is getting in the way some, which is never a bad thing. Highlands went undefeated, won state, and beat some good teams along the way. Highlands is a very good football team.

However, Trinity's offense is dangerously balanced and fast. Even if Highlands played their best, I just don't see them stopping Trinity on offense. Not to mention that Trinity kept 2 very good offenses in check against Moeller and Indy Cathedral. Both teams with very good running and passing games.

I think Highlands at their best loses to Trinity around 3-4 scores. That's not disrespecting Highlands, but that's just how good Trinity was this year. With that being said, I would be rooting for Highlands like crazy if they played.
So did Trinity play all of their guys the whole scrimmage and open up the playbook on Highlands' defense? I didn't see so I'm just asking, but I always find it interesting when a team says 'well we didn't do this or that because it was just a scrimmage'. Are you suggesting that Trinity treated the scrimmage like a regular game and did all they could to beat Highlands as bad as they possibly could?
RoShamBo Wrote:So did Trinity play all of their guys the whole scrimmage and open up the playbook on Highlands' defense? I didn't see so I'm just asking, but I always find it interesting when a team says 'well we didn't do this or that because it was just a scrimmage'. Are you suggesting that Trinity treated the scrimmage like a regular game and did all they could to beat Highlands as bad as they possibly could?

So what youre saying is if the Trinity moms beat the HHS moms then it's settled that Trinity would win.

If 5 or 6 of the best starters sit out of the game... i mean scrimmage.... it is not a great simulation of what would happen if the real teams play. HHS did run a run play they were experimenting and such. Yes T dominated HHS in the scrimmage and would probably win the real game. But the Trinity team is made of under 18 y/o mortals, not 8'-30" robot vampires that cant loose.
birdman44 Wrote:So what youre saying is if the Trinity moms beat the HHS moms then it's settled that Trinity would win.

If 5 or 6 of the best starters sit out of the game... i mean scrimmage.... it is not a great simulation of what would happen if the real teams play. HHS did run a run play they were experimenting and such. Yes T dominated HHS in the scrimmage and would probably win the real game. But the Trinity team is made of under 18 y/o mortals, not 8'-30" robot vampires that cant loose.

Highlands couldn't stop Franklin Simpson's running game. I don't see how they would stop a much better Trinity run game on top of their passing game, plus receivers wouldn't be able to just run down the field and let Towels throw the ball as far as he can for a touchdown. 42 to 7 Trinity.
Ive changed my prediction
Trinity 56
Highlands 7
birdman44 Wrote:So what youre saying is if the Trinity moms beat the HHS moms then it's settled that Trinity would win.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Rolleyes

Nobody proved that they could lose this year
WideRight05 Wrote:I think everyone's hatred for Highlands is getting in the way of their thinking. Like a couple of people have said, we had some injuries in the scrimmage we played. Not to mention, it was just that - a SCRIMMAGE. Honestly, I think with everybody full force and us playing our BEST game, we beat Trinity by 2 - 3 scores. But that's at our BEST.

I don't have any hatred for the Birds. Great respect here. But I do think you are blinded by your love of your team and can't think objectively in this matchup.

If you want to go by just what was accomplished in the season, great. Compare schedules and results.

Highlands

Aug 19 At Boyle County 35-14
Sep 1 Dixie Heights 61-13
Sep 9 Western 56-0
Sep 16 At Mason County 71-8
Sep 24 At Covington Catholic 42-37
Sep 30 Harrison County 68-0
Oct 6 At Pendleton County 79-0
Oct 14 Holmes 77-0
Oct 21 At Cincinnati Elder, OH 34-29
Oct 28 Ryle 63-14
Playoffs
Nov 4 Boyd County 63-7
Nov 11 Johnson Central 67-20
Nov 18 Covington Catholic 49-14
Nov 25 At Lexington Catholic 42-21
State Title Game vs. Franklin-Simpson 42-14

Trinity

Aug 19 At Brentwood Academy, TN 45-7
Aug 26 Montgomery Bell, TN 66-21
Sep 9 At Cincinnati Elder, OH 56-7
Sep 16 At St. Xavier, OH 17-7
Sep 23 Indianapolis Cathedral, IN 36-14
Sep 30 St. Xavier 41-6
Oct 7 DuPont Manual 58-7
Oct 14 At Male 49-0
Oct 28 Archbishop Moeller, OH 49-14
Playoffs
Nov 4 Simon Kenton 72-0
Nov 11 DuPont Manual 55-0
Nov 18 St. Xavier 42-6
Nov 25 At Butler 49-6
State Finals vs. Scott County 62-21

You be the honest judge in showing the superiority of the Birds even on their BEST day vs. the Rocks.

Highlands had 2 games that were five point wins. (In other words, one play by the other team and they are behind).

Trinity's closest margins of victory were 10 points and 22 points.

Best out of State wins for Birds: 5 points over a 2-8 Elder squad.
Trinity bested them 56-7. Injuries or not, that's a big, big difference.

Best out of State wins for Rocks: St Xavier (cincy) finished 10-4 losing to Rocks 41-6.
Indy Cathedral (12-3) lost to Rocks 36-14.
Brentwood finished 9-3 but lost to Trinity 45-7.

The facts just don't back up your claims.
^ Nice research Hatz
Hatz Wrote:I don't have any hatred for the Birds. Great respect here. But I do think you are blinded by your love of your team and can't think objectively in this matchup.

If you want to go by just what was accomplished in the season, great. Compare schedules and results.

Highlands

Aug 19 At Boyle County 35-14
Sep 1 Dixie Heights 61-13
Sep 9 Western 56-0
Sep 16 At Mason County 71-8
Sep 24 At Covington Catholic 42-37
Sep 30 Harrison County 68-0
Oct 6 At Pendleton County 79-0
Oct 14 Holmes 77-0
Oct 21 At Cincinnati Elder, OH 34-29
Oct 28 Ryle 63-14
Playoffs
Nov 4 Boyd County 63-7
Nov 11 Johnson Central 67-20
Nov 18 Covington Catholic 49-14
Nov 25 At Lexington Catholic 42-21
State Title Game vs. Franklin-Simpson 42-14

Trinity

Aug 19 At Brentwood Academy, TN 45-7
Aug 26 Montgomery Bell, TN 66-21
Sep 9 At Cincinnati Elder, OH 56-7
Sep 16 At St. Xavier, OH 17-7
Sep 23 Indianapolis Cathedral, IN 36-14
Sep 30 St. Xavier 41-6
Oct 7 DuPont Manual 58-7
Oct 14 At Male 49-0
Oct 28 Archbishop Moeller, OH 49-14
Playoffs
Nov 4 Simon Kenton 72-0
Nov 11 DuPont Manual 55-0
Nov 18 St. Xavier 42-6
Nov 25 At Butler 49-6
State Finals vs. Scott County 62-21

You be the honest judge in showing the superiority of the Birds even on their BEST day vs. the Rocks.

Highlands had 2 games that were five point wins. (In other words, one play by the other team and they are behind).

Trinity's closest margins of victory were 10 points and 22 points.

Best out of State wins for Birds: 5 points over a 2-8 Elder squad.
Trinity bested them 56-7. Injuries or not, that's a big, big difference.

Best out of State wins for Rocks: St Xavier (cincy) finished 10-4 losing to Rocks 41-6.
Indy Cathedral (12-3) lost to Rocks 36-14.
Brentwood finished 9-3 but lost to Trinity 45-7.

The facts just don't back up your claims.

Good research on each teams respective seasons, but you cannot compare scores to determine how two teams would match up with each other. Otherwise, then Mayfield should have been state champs in a walk, and Central should have beaten belfry like 58-0. That's like when we played Cincinnati St. X. a couple years ago, they beat Trinity and St. X pretty handily - but we still beat them 12 - 7. Does that mean we were better than Trinity and Louisville St. X? No. Heck, does it mean we were better than Cincinnati St. X? No. But the fact of the matter is, we came in and played an excellent game and found a way to win.

I shouldn't mention the "bad site" on here, but someone made a thread on there back in 2003 about score comparison, and Lawrence County and Trinity was the target. I am sure you'll agree with me in how much Lawrence has improved over the past couple of years, and this is not a shot at them. But that year, Lawrence beat somebody pretty handily that beat somebody that beat somebody that beat Trinity (talking about their 2003 season). Lawrence was pretty good that year, but everybody and their brother knows that Trinity would have won that game against a solid EKY team pretty handily.

Point is, you can't compare scores. And unfortunately, we will never know the results of the game if we played each other.

But gosh, how fun it is to talk about! Big Grin