Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 57 East Ridge 46
East Ridge just flat-out got beat! All their is to it.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I even had 3 fouls this game.
[SIZE=2]I have to admit when I saw P-Burg come on the floor, I thought East Ride would win going away, I was wrong, and will admit I was wrong. P-Burg out played East Ridge in every part of the game, its that plain and simple. I went to Millard, so I pull for East Ridge now, but they have a long, long way to go, I won't go into details, but Coach LeMaster has some things he better take care of with this team, and I know basketball and this team has lot of areas for improvement. Remember its a long season.
[/SIZE]
True that^^^.

Ok, ready for stats.

PG Tony Wolter-12 points, 2 rebs, 2 assists, 4 steals
SG Johnny Miller-7 points, 1 reb, 2 blocks, 1 assist
SF Kory Thacker-3 points, 4 rebs, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal
PF Hayden Mullins-4 points, 5 rebs, 2 blocks
C Ray Kasongo-16 points, 5 rebs, 3 blocks

Bench
PF Christian Hagy-5 points
PF Patrick Coleman-5 rebs, 3 blocks

I think the Warriors grow from this, especially with how upset they were with their play. It'd be bad if they didn't care, but they do, especially Wolter, and he should because he's the leader. I think the Warriors will come out looking to decapitate their next opponet, Clintwood, and be ready for anyone. And for Pburg, they'll have alot better season than predicted, and I wouldn't be surprised if they upset a couple more teams. They have a defense that can sneak up on you and get a ton of steals.

Go Warriors.
Panther Thunder Wrote:It's stuff like this. Statements that indicate that this team will not have another bad game along the road. They are a very talented team, but EVERY team is going to drop 2-3 games they probably should not. No matter how talented.

Are you drunk? How could you possibly get that from that? No, that's not what I meant, what I meant was that the zone isn't going to work that well.

Heck, I'm kind of thankful for the loss, just like the UK game that won't be named. Every team needs a humiliating loss to get that bad taste in their mouths and make them want the win even more. Of course we'll have another bad game, probably alot. The difference is the boys are going to have this experience under their belts, and be ready to persevere and get the win. But it's un-realistic to think a team won't have another bad game this early in the season...you know me better than that dude.
Letcher Central beats Prestonsburg by 33 then loses to East Ridge by 3 in which East Ridge loses to Prestonsburg 11.....And this men is why I love sports!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Letcher Central beats Prestonsburg by 33 then loses to East Ridge by 3 in which East Ridge loses to Prestonsburg 11.....And this men is why I love sports!

Haha exactly man...can never judge a team by how much they got beat by one team or another and put that info to another game. It's all different...

Hate the loss, but it is the reason I'm so in love with sports, especially basketball. Anyone can beat anybody.
Not to get off subject, and I'm sorry for doing so, but what type of team is Clintwood?
That's fine, it's a discussion thread.

I was talking about Clintwood with coach...I don't know anything about them, but calling my friend in VA tomorrow and finding out. I know they won their class state championship in football, so their basketball team can't be that bad with those athletes.
Paintsville's losses looking better.
OK:igiveup: I love to get people roused up . But the truth is like I said from the beginning . We don't really have a power house in the 15th region anymore like the Valley Dwellers a few years back . I was wondering about the Ridge Warriors if they was going to step into that spot this year . You can add recruts to a lackluster team and that just brings these guys up on equal playing ground . I don't mean that in a bad way neither .:devilflam You can have the tallest guy in the region whose good like the Valley dwellers , and still be beat . Its like I said this area is more equal . Its going to come down to the heart of the player who wants it the most and whose coaching this year .:closed:But right now its anybodys game .
One thing I learned at this game is Preston Lemaster can't really coach at all after playing 4 yrs at uk you would think he would be a masterminded coach he is far far from that He doesn't even run any plays for the big kid and the big kid didn't miss a single shot last night and all he does is let this team jack up three's Preson doesn't get it at all your not Florida buddy or any other 3point shooting school you do not have the personal to let your players jack up three's he should be more ready than this hell at this point a blind man can coach East ridge better than preston no offense just saying he just isn't ready for prime time let alone to coach in the 15th region at all
Clintwood is below Grundy in basketball. That means not very good. The Grundy team you guys beat got it handed to them by 50 from a Tazwell team last night. As I said before, East Ridge is nothing more than an average team in Virginia. And we all know that Kentucky basketball is a lot better than the game played across the state line. ER fans better be ready to eat alot of crow, if not they best keep their greatness under control.
WOW!!! Congrats to my Blackcats. You really surprised me. I wasn't even giving you a chance in this one. I will gladly eat my crow with a side of Ridge Warrior.
vundy33 Wrote:That's fine, it's a discussion thread.

I was talking about Clintwood with coach...I don't know anything about them, but calling my friend in VA tomorrow and finding out. I know they won their class state championship in football, so their basketball team can't be that bad with those athletes.
I wouldn't base a basketball program off of a football team. P-burg's football team went to the state championship game in 2001 and sucked mightily in basketball. Seems to be the case every year for Prestonsburg. The talent has always been there for Prestonsburg, just not enough people that care about basketball. It's football or nothing in this town.
vundy33 Wrote:That's fine, it's a discussion thread.

You have to actually get those athletes out to the gym though. Look at Hazard, not all of their athletes from football are on the team (according to the BJ Combs thread). But yeah, usually a pretty good indicator of talent in the school.
Basketball in Virginia is usually pretty weak.
East Ridge got beat by a bad team but they still have a shot of winning the region as it is the weakest it has been as far as really good teams. There are several teams who have a shot as there is no dominating team. It will be a fun regional tournament to watch in the 15th this year.
I heard the boys are going home for Christmas. ER better hope they don't stay! How many games will they miss?
Congrats Blackcats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clintwood is definitely a Football Town. Just won the state! Basketball will be very weak!
Cougar Connection Wrote:I heard the boys are going home for Christmas. ER better hope they don't stay! How many games will they miss?

ConfusedhhConfusedhhhh man don't tell everything you've heard .
What is wrong with going home for Christmas? Really? You people are going to criticize them for that?
vundy33 Wrote:What is wrong with going home for Christmas? Really? You people are going to criticize them for that?

Who is downing them for going home? The post I seen about them going home was really praising them. Saying ''ER better hope they don't stay'' To me, that's saying the tribe is a better team with them on it! I dont see criticism in that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
vundy33 Wrote:What is wrong with going home for Christmas? Really? You people are going to criticize them for that?

I don't think he was criticizing them, I think he wanted to know if they was missing any games?
Spud6 Wrote:Who is downing them for going home? The post I seen about them going home was really praising them. Saying ''ER better hope they don't stay'' To me, that's saying the tribe is a better team with them on it! I dont see criticism in that.

Bluebloodedcatfan, for one. You guys just skip over it?

And to my knowledge, they won't miss any games. Mountain Schoolboy Classic is right after Christmas though.
vundy33 Wrote:Bluebloodedcatfan, for one. You guys just skip over it?

And to my knowledge, they won't miss any games. Mountain Schoolboy Classic is right after Christmas though.

Where he posts ''shhhh man don't tell everything you've heard.'' How's that criticizing them for going home?
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Where he posts ''shhhh man don't tell everything you've heard.'' How's that criticizing them for going home?

The dude has tried his best to troll them for EVERYTHING. He's insinuating they're doing something wrong, as always.

I'm not getting into this discussion with you.
vundy33 Wrote:The dude has tried his best to troll them for EVERYTHING. He's insinuating they're doing something wrong, as always.

I'm not getting into this discussion with you.

But this is a discussion board! haha

j/k man! :biggrin:
#BBFL
Not for trolls.