Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
Sounds like the BHS boys are ready for this one. Great article by the WDN

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/view/...eft_column
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I think the reaction Coachdad was so strong from that person because some of us from Pike county are very offended by the actions of the aforementioned religious establishment and would like nothing more than to punch a Zealot in the face. I know that was my reaction when my wife told me of the situation, and I am all the way in Atlanta where the musings of Pike Co should not bother me, but it's home. So when the question was raised here the person got slightly offended as they felt it was implied they were being associated with said religious nut cases.

On a Football note, GO PIRATES.

Point well taken , however noone else reacted like that, everybody else that responded did so in an unoffended manner & knew it was REALLY an honest question.
Stardust Wrote:CLASS 3A
Belfry (13-1) vs. Central (11-3), noon: Central has won three titles in four years, including two championship victories over the Pirates — 27-17 in 2007 and 46-7 last December. Belfry won titles in 2003 and 2004.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19797...z1fO9iebha

yea saw where they twice said Central has only 2 championships , what happened to the 3rd one ? (rhetorical question)
Coachdad Wrote:It was an honest ? Nobody else reacted that way who responded, all it says was it's in Pike county how is somebody in Louisville supposed to know it's not near belfry, furthermore I have several friends at Belfry so I've lived long enough to know not everybody everywhere is racist .I guess if you want a negative interpretation of an honest question that what your going to do. Glad everyone didn't take that ? Out of context !

If you say it was an honest ?, then so be it and I'll take your word for it. But IMO, if you were curious as to the location of the church in reference to Belfry, Google maps is a wonderful tool. Pike County is the largest county in the State. The ? in general IMO should not have been brought up in this thread, if you needed to know it could have been asked in the thread in the general dissusion forum. I have great friends that live in Louisville and have stayed with them many of times. I also agree that not everyone is racist. You IMO are trying to turn this as I was being negative on how I interpretated the ?, but I felt you were the one being negative by trying to associate Belfry with that so-called church. It is hard to understand the context of a ? when it is thrown out somewhere that had no bearing whatsoever to do with the original topic. Instead of asking " any Belfry fans go to Gulnar Church" which puts the thought into the minds of people reading this thread, you could of ask in the other thread " how far is it from Belfry to the Gulnare church".
Coachdad Wrote:yea saw where they twice said Central has only 2 championships , what happened to the 3rd one ? (rhetorical question)

We know that they have 3.
Crossbones Wrote:If you say it was an honest ?, then so be it and I'll take your word for it. But IMO, if you were curious as to the location of the church in reference to Belfry, Google maps is a wonderful tool. Pike County is the largest county in the State. The ? in general IMO should not have been brought up in this thread, if you needed to know it could have been asked in the thread in the general dissusion forum. I have great friends that live in Louisville and have stayed with them many of times. I also agree that not everyone is racist. You IMO are trying to turn this as I was being negative on how I interpretated the ?, but I felt you were the one being negative by trying to associate Belfry with that so-called church. It is hard to understand the context of a ? when it is thrown out somewhere that had no bearing whatsoever to do with the original topic. Instead of asking " any Belfry fans go to Gulnar Church" which puts the thought into the minds of people reading this thread, you could of ask in the other thread " how far is it from Belfry to the Gulnare church".
Like I originally said nobody else seemed offended , also if you took my word for it why the book ?you also suggested how I could have said something if I said it the way you want me to , I don't tell somebody how they should say something. This is a public forum and I said NOTHING out of line, in short sorry if I offended you,but me personally dont get offended when I'm not guilty,you also did not comment on the fact that I said all people are not racist & that I have friends in Belfry, what's up with that ?
Coachdad Wrote:Like I originally said nobody else seemed offended , also if you took my word for it why the book ?you also suggested how I could have said something if I said it the way you want me to , I don't tell somebody how they should say something. This is a public forum and I said NOTHING out of line, in short sorry if I offended you,but me personally dont get offended when I'm not guilty,you also did not comment on the fact that I said all people are not racist & that I have friends in Belfry, what's up with that ?

If you didn't like the book, why read it.:biggrin: Feel free to say anything you want and I will the same. Sure your not "guilty", as Belfry fans are not either. Apparently you didn't read the book. What up with that? Reread it and you will see where I agreed with you that all people are not racist and that I too have friends that live in Louisville. I'm glad you have friends in Belfry. As for me being offended, I am not. I just felt the ? came about to draw attention to Belfry and that church. You have no idea of who I am and the different race in my family.
:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
Crossbones Wrote:If you didn't like the book, why read it.:biggrin: Feel free to say anything you want and I will the same. Sure your not "guilty", as Belfry fans are not either. Apparently you didn't read the book. What up with that? Reread it and you will see where I agreed with you that all people are not racist and that I too have friends that live in Louisville. I'm glad you have friends in Belfry. As for me being offended, I am not. I just felt the ? came about to draw attention to Belfry and that church. You have no idea of who I am and the different race in my family.
:igiveup: god bless you:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup: I said I was sorry what more can I do for you ?
Coachdad Wrote::igiveup::igiveup: god bless you

And may the Lord Bless you my brother.:Thumbs: You don't have to do anything more. I didn't even feel you needed to say you were sorry. Was just having a simple adult conversation with you. It is actually a great subject matter, albeit sensitive around certain times. But good for discussion nontheless.
Outside of Central Belfry is my second favorite 3A team
Coachdad Wrote:Outside of Central Belfry is my second favorite 3A team

Good...you may very well have to see us again next year as well HAHA
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Good...you may very well have to see us again next year as well HAHA

After this season my interest level in football shifts primarily to my son & the UL cardinals.
FOUND IT, LOVE IT, GOTTA SHARE IT!!!

It was the night before the State and all through Pond Creek Nation The Pirates were dreaming of tomorrow's touchdowns. The Pirates uniforms were hung in their lockers with care, All ironed and clean and ready to wear. Our Team were all nestled all snug in thier bed, ... ... Wrapped in a blanket from Sassy's and a pill...ow for thier head. And coach in his jacket with his plays on his lap, Was just looking over them when he heard a light tap. When out in the lawn he heard such a clatter, He sprang from the couch to see what the matter. Away to the door he flew like a flash, Hopeing it wasn't Just Teasin trying to dye his hair. When what to his brilliant brain caught his eye, But some Central punks, trying to spy! With a little quarterback so scrawny and lean, He knew in an instant, must be the Central team! They were dressed in their pj's from head to their feet Trying to steal our plays so they wouldn't get beat! With their papers and pens and binoculars too, They were trying to get all our plays that were new. Their knees how they trembled, their brow how they sweat, They knew they were busted and their pants they did wet. Coach spoke not a word but went straight to his work Throwing out each little player with one simple jerk. They sprang to their feet, whimpering all the way back, There was no way now, they could stop the Belfry's attack! The next day soon came, and the big game did start, But the poor baby yellow jackets soon wish to depart. Before the fans knew it the game was all through, With the little old yellow jackets all black and blue. And we hear them exclaim as their bus drove out of sight, "Take us home coach, this was too much for one night!!"
That's some good stuff ! Some of the best bulletin board material I ever saw!
Hazard proving a mountain team can beat a speedy heavy favorite. Leading 17-6 if anyone is interested.

Hope the Pirates are as ready as the Bulldogs seem to be.
Good luck to both teams I hope everybody stays safe and when the final whistle blows my Pirates are on top!:redboxer:
everyone knows central is a class team.we know a few things about the game,but anyone can be beaten on any given day, remember to much confidence can hurt you as much as having to little. The pirates are a good sound football team never bet against them.I believe that was the case with mayfield,thought they had it won without playing the game....you gotta play the game boys...Good Luck Pirates win or lose we love ya and are proud of ya.....bring it home
"Hazard 24, Mayfield 6,Final" Notice to the Pond Creek Nation....You Can do it! Bring the second Championship of this year back east to the Beautiful Mountains of Eastern Kentucky!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!
For the all the detractors of Belfry's schedule it is worth taking a small footnote to acknowledge that the Pirates also scrimmaged the 1A Champion Hazard Bulldogs.

I am not a big proponent of the value of a scrimmage, but everyone was hyping Mayfield as one of the Top 10 teams in the State of Kentucky regardless of class and the Bulldogs just smacked them. If nothing else that is just a bit more exposure to speed and skill this Pirate team had over the course of the season. Additionally, for all intents of purposes Pikeville gave Hazard just as tough of a game and had more success than Mayfield did..in a game played at Hazard. Belfry crushed Pikeville 55-14.
BelfryPiratePride74 Wrote:FOUND IT, LOVE IT, GOTTA SHARE IT!!!

It was the night before the State and all through Pond Creek Nation The Pirates were dreaming of tomorrow's touchdowns. The Pirates uniforms were hung in their lockers with care, All ironed and clean and ready to wear. Our Team were all nestled all snug in thier bed, ... ... Wrapped in a blanket from Sassy's and a pill...ow for thier head. And coach in his jacket with his plays on his lap, Was just looking over them when he heard a light tap. When out in the lawn he heard such a clatter, He sprang from the couch to see what the matter. Away to the door he flew like a flash, Hopeing it wasn't Just Teasin trying to dye his hair. When what to his brilliant brain caught his eye, But some Central punks, trying to spy! With a little quarterback so scrawny and lean, He knew in an instant, must be the Central team! They were dressed in their pj's from head to their feet Trying to steal our plays so they wouldn't get beat! With their papers and pens and binoculars too, They were trying to get all our plays that were new. Their knees how they trembled, their brow how they sweat, They knew they were busted and their pants they did wet. Coach spoke not a word but went straight to his work Throwing out each little player with one simple jerk. They sprang to their feet, whimpering all the way back, There was no way now, they could stop the Belfry's attack! The next day soon came, and the big game did start, But the poor baby yellow jackets soon wish to depart. Before the fans knew it the game was all through, With the little old yellow jackets all black and blue. And we hear them exclaim as their bus drove out of sight, "Take us home coach, this was too much for one night!!"
Classy:flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So when the Pirates lose, we will refer back to this post as the reason :igiveup:

TongueirateSho
It's a frisking poem as a joke. Lol.
Jarons Wrote:Classy:flush:
Just a little fun trash talking...Seriously get over it ROTFLMAO
Sorry I'm with stardust on this one
Jarons Wrote:Classy:flush:
:Thumbs:
Wow, this thread is pure entertainment...laughable and sad at times actually...way to dramatic. I thought I was reading the script of a soap opera.

Please stay on topic...

Thanks Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you ever wish you could turn back time, even if just for 30 seconds?

If I could go back I'd never have read this.
boondocksaint Wrote:do you ever wish you could turn back time, even if just for 30 seconds?

If i could go back i'd never have read this.

lol
12 hours til kickoff. Can't wait!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the all the detractors of Belfry's schedule it is worth taking a small footnote to acknowledge that the Pirates also scrimmaged the 1A Champion Hazard Bulldogs.

I am not a big proponent of the value of a scrimmage, but everyone was hyping Mayfield as one of the Top 10 teams in the State of Kentucky regardless of class and the Bulldogs just smacked them. If nothing else that is just a bit more exposure to speed and skill this Pirate team had over the course of the season. Additionally, for all intents of purposes Pikeville gave Hazard just as tough of a game and had more success than Mayfield did..in a game played at Hazard. Belfry crushed Pikeville 55-14.

I haven't seen Central play but have seen Belfry, and Belfry is by far the best team I watched this season.

So, if Belfry can minimize mistakes, I feel they have a good shot at bringing the state 3A title to Eastern Kentucky.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next