Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
64.79%
Hazard
35.21%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Hazard (1A Championship)
Good luck the year Dawgz!!!!! Have a great first quarter and you will be right in the game. NO TURNOVERS!!!! Shut the flatlanders up.
Hazard does have the schemes on O and D to compete. They need to control those turnovers which have "KILLED" them in their 2 previous appearances.
Mayfield 34-13.
Rooting for Hazard in this one but I think Mayfield will probably win it. Good Luck Dawgs!
hop24 Wrote::

OK, where did the turnovers come from? Let me guess, never ever happened before the Mayfield game??:eyeroll: Was it anything to do with Mayfield's defense? Next time don't turn the ball over.:thatsfunn Seems like only time there no excuse is when you win.....HMMMMMConfusedhh:

I said the game would have been closer, I didn't say Hazard would have won. Yes I do give credit to mayfield's defense, but it was rare to see a Hazard turnover last year! You guy's need to stop using the turnover excuse for the loss to LCA, Let me guess, never ever happened before the LCA game:dontthink
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I said the game would have been closer, I didn't say Hazard would have won. Yes I do give credit to mayfield's defense, but it was rare to see a Hazard turnover last year! You guy's need to stop using the turnover excuse for the loss to LCA, Let me guess, never ever happened before the LCA game:dontthink

Correct :thatsfunn

My absolute favorite saying "Win one for the mountains" Region pride must be mountain wide

Win one for the flatlands, hmmm......sounds funny:Thumbs:
Alot like Last year Hazard will play hard and give it a try but just Mayfield has one of the top 10-15 teams in ALL CLASSES and pulls away from the Bulldogs
I cant say a score, but I say Mayfield 4 TD's
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Yes I was at the game and yes mayfield was faster than Hazard overall, but if not for the turnovers it's a lot closer game!!! Probably something like 35 to 21.

Yea I got served that's real funny!
I doubt that Hazard would have held Mayfield to 35 points. Wasn't Mayfield at 47 through three quarters?
lochocinco Wrote:I doubt that Hazard would have held Mayfield to 35 points. Wasn't Mayfield at 47 through three quarters?

Ya ... pretty sure a lesson was givin in how to play big boy football... (ya to stop the obvious, its happened to us to..) but i guess they think we got tired ,by the end of the game right as the running clock started and just couldnt keep running up the score <<>>
:thatsfunn
And then the whole turnover thing ....:zzz: D-fence does cause turnovers both by gettin some kind of pressure to the one holding the ball... and by actually obtaining the ball(fumble - interception).. So im guessing it was not by no means Mayfields fault? I mean to say,,, even if they were not able to physicaly cause the turnover they were still mentally destroying Hazzard....
Hazzard could not handle the imence pressure of the "SWAGER" of the cardnails ..and playing such a high powered team which they knew could score at any given time ! A team that put up hugh numbers on the scoreboard and on the Record books!! None of this ever effected that pass being thrown as LB have the qb scrambling for his life:HitWall: SOME PPL!!!! oh and the twenty 1 lololol :hilarious:
Hazard 1-10 at Hazard11 HAZARD drive start at 02:10.
Hazard 1-10 at Hazard11 COREY SLONE rush for 19 yards to the HAZARD30, 1ST DOWN HAZARD, out-of-bounds (MAC. JACKSON).
Hazard 1-10 at Hazard30 ZACK BLANTON rush for 15 yards to the HAZARD45, 1ST DOWN HAZARD (STUART MILLS).
Hazard 1-10 at Hazard45 JON COMBS rush for 55 yards to the MAYFIELD0, 1ST DOWN HAZARD, TOUCHDOWN, clock 00:46 End 4th. AUSTIN JOHNSON pass attempt failed.
MAYFIELD 47, HAZARD 6
Humm .... seems 6 points on the Jv could had turned into 21 :popcorn: This game is starting to sound like it was a real nail biter..
That "[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="7"]SWAGGERS" Back[/COLOR][/SIZE]in black
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I said the game would have been closer, I didn't say Hazard would have won. Yes I do give credit to mayfield's defense, but it was rare to see a Hazard turnover last year! You guy's need to stop using the turnover excuse for the loss to LCA, Let me guess, never ever happened before the LCA game:dontthink

There is no turnover excuse ..... Bottom LINE !!! Qb threw 5 interceptions cause LCA Flustered him out of his comfortzone ... They forced the interceptions!! And Prob the one fumble too!! Hayden we were not ready for, Not that day!!
warmachine Wrote:Good luck the year Dawgz!!!!! Have a great first quarter and you will be right in the game. NO TURNOVERS!!!! Shut the flatlanders up.

Right in the game... You'll be there might not be wining but never the less you'll be in the game!!!:hilarious: Where do these ppl come from ...? And i hope Hazzard makes it again Next Year .... Cause Next year will Be the Year !! Mayfield at it probable best ever!! :Thumbs:
Mayfield has too much speed!!!... They win by at least 25
So glad the games will be played on the field instead of the arena of public opinion. Mayfield would have to be the favorite having won last year, but just remember what happened Saturday in Lexington. 26 years KY had been beaten by TN. The play of Matt Roark, a young man with ties in Hazard, made the difference. It can happen,,,just saying
Ontopofthewest, we come from the same type of place you do. A little hick town in Eastern Kentucky. Just like the little hick town you live in in Western Kentucky. Hazard and Mayfield are complete duplicates of each other. Used to go to Mayfield quit often when I lived in Western Kentucky. I think you guys have a good team, but not a great team. Hazard can beat you. Hazard hung themselves last year.
Like to see Hazard win it but...

Mayfield-47
Hazard-20
Hope Hazard wins but it will be very hard for them to win this.

Mayfield by 18

Mayfield 42
HHS 24
Good luck bulldogs !!!!
warmachine Wrote:Ontopofthewest, we come from the same type of place you do. A little hick town in Eastern Kentucky. Just like the little hick town you live in in Western Kentucky. Hazard and Mayfield are complete duplicates of each other. Used to go to Mayfield quit often when I lived in Western Kentucky. I think you guys have a good team, but not a great team. Hazard can beat you. Hazard hung themselves last year.

What defines great if undefeated doesn't?

Who has Hazard defeated that would be comparable to the win Mayfield had over Beechwood last week?

I'm not sure that Mayfield's premier wins are better than Hazard's premier wins on the season. That would make me lean towards Mayfield in this one. :Thumbs:
warmachine Wrote:Ontopofthewest, we come from the same type of place you do. A little hick town in Eastern Kentucky. Just like the little hick town you live in in Western Kentucky. Hazard and Mayfield are complete duplicates of each other. Used to go to Mayfield quit often when I lived in Western Kentucky. I think you guys have a good team, but not a great team. Hazard can beat you. Hazard hung themselves last year.
Hazard never showed that they were going to be able to stop Mayfield's offense last year. Sure, they might have scored two or three touchdowns, but they gave up a heck of a lot more than that.
The score of last years Hazard and Mayfield game has been put on the scoreboard of practice this week for the bulldogs for extra motivation as to what happen last year and to not let that happen this year.
lochocinco Wrote:Hazard never showed that they were going to be able to stop Mayfield's offense last year. Sure, they might have scored two or three touchdowns, but they gave up a heck of a lot more than that.

I think anyone who saw that game last year would have to agree
Cantrall rates state football finals

Posted by Mike Fields on November 27, 2011
Here’s how Dave Cantrall rates the teams in the six state football championship games at WKU’s L.T. Smith Stadium next weekend. (Cantrall has Glasgow and Covington Holy Cross rated dead-even in 2A). Kickoffs listed are CentralTime.
CLASS A (Dec. 2, 11 a.m.)
  • Mayfield (14-0) …… 81.7
  • Hazard (11-2) …… 69.3
Good luck hazard

Towns are not at steak..... It Title's !! How can ya'll keep believing that ya'll had a chance.. It was the biggest blowout of the finals... Hazzard did not score till the final :46 sec of the 4th qt... They did not hang themselves they played a great game ... How dare you take that away from hazzard lol
It aint easy to beat a team better than you, but it has happend. It also aint easy to beat a team back to back on the biggest stage of the year, but it has happend.

Ive played for hazard's coaching staff im sure they have the dawgs ready to play this year. Im gonna say this game will be won by a single touchdown either way... Go DAWGS
No matter who wins or loses !! Both of these team should be proud, only 2 Class A teams left in the state !! HAZARD BULLDOGS & MAYFIELD !!!
I watched last years Mayfield-Hazard game and I forgot just how good this years defense is compared to last years. There is no way Hazard is going to be able to run the ball on us like they did last year. Hazard did make some costly turnovers, but our defense caused at least 2 of em and I am expecting it to happen again this year. I am sure you Hazard fans remember Jonathan Jackson, well he is back and bigger and faster. I think Hazard is going to be forced to go to the air, Beechwood was, and if they try to QB sneak it like last year I feel that may net them some yards but enough. Also don't forget that Mayfield plays all season on a grass surface, Hazard on turf, so you haven't even seen all the speed yet, lol.
1A Mayfield has defeated:

6A - Marshall Co.
5A - Graves County, Greenwood
4A - Evansville Harrison
3A - Paducah Tilghman
2A - Murray
1A - Beechwood

Gentlemen - the floor would not seem to be open for a lot of debate on this.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Hey gobigred ......... is that beechwood mayfield game vid out there anywhere yet??? i wanna watch it.

i have it.