Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 19 - Beechwood 14
Tica Wrote:The penalty yardage/disparity is a little misleading because of the multiple flags thrown on Beechwood in the waning seconds. Not so sure about BW being a such a class act given their end of game conduct.

I had Problems with this game.. As far as a class act, i can understand alittle emotion they are kids but 4-6 flags thrown at the end was a little much. They should of held a little better composure imo. was just a tad out of controle.
And i agree with the team as very respectfull, could they still use some help with that as a program ???? Yes , imo when a player is hurt you dont run around the field the whole time doing what ever , for the 12min the ambulance was on the field with the mayfield player, it aggitated me and some of the fans that they never took a knee, none of them . to me thats a big show of disrespect. But other than that , they are very classy!! The ppl we met were very nice.
These last two weeks , its hard to bitch but the reffs have sucked bad. Very liniant on what is called .. We have still won the games but its as though the reffs gave the other teams every possible chance to stay in the game. Oh and the yardage is off on the penalities.. Mayfield had a pass interferance call of 51yards that is not on there.. I think they have the numbers reversed beechwood only had about 30-45 yards flaged at the end. they played what seemed to be flawless ball , and in the end our qb had a very bad game even in warm ups he showed his nervousness as he was over throwing and under throwing wr the whole time.. we made it though. Very good game beechwood. Closer than antisipated...!!
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:None of those penalties were because of dirty play and that is the way I look at it. Beechwood is a class program and we saw plenty of good sportsmanship all game.

Oh I'm a Somerset fan I was referring to our game at first, but from my experience I agree. You can't judge a program over one emotional game.
there are no 51 yd penalties in hs football. pass interference is 10 or 15 yds and automatic 1st down. i personally didnt agree with the ref throwing the flag against vocke at the end. the penalty mwant nothing ,helped mayfield in no way. the ref should have taken into consideration that was the last play. let mayfield take the knee and go home. as for the ather penalties, yes it should have been thrown cause the coaches have to practice what they preach and it was said that they invented a new meaning for the f-word. the coach was ejected also.
Thats what I said
maycards88 Wrote:there are no 51 yd penalties in hs football. pass interference is 10 or 15 yds and automatic 1st down. i personally didnt agree with the ref throwing the flag against vocke at the end. the penalty mwant nothing ,helped mayfield in no way. the ref should have taken into consideration that was the last play. let mayfield take the knee and go home. as for the ather penalties, yes it should have been thrown cause the coaches have to practice what they preach and it was said that they invented a new meaning for the f-word. the coach was ejected also.
The head coach didn't get kicked out. The referee on that side heard a comment made by an emotional kid .... And he coach got the blame. He didn't even write his name down .. So I doubt he will be suspended.

As far as the refs go .... Ontopofthewest .... You are off base. The disparity was large before the last 3 penalties. I think the biggest gripe that you will get from Beechwood fans was the back judge who was giving high fives to Mayfield players all night. Otherwise ....Mayfield one. End of story.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:The head coach didn't get kicked out. The referee on that side heard a comment made by an emotional kid .... And he coach got the blame. He didn't even write his name down .. So I doubt he will be suspended.

As far as the refs go .... Ontopofthewest .... You are off base. The disparity was large before the last 3 penalties. I think the biggest gripe that you will get from Beechwood fans was the back judge who was giving high fives to Mayfield players all night. Otherwise ....Mayfield one. End of story.

:yikes: really?
Yep ... ...
All don't mind him. The bj meant no harm. Turns out he is a big Cards fan, has a son on the team
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:The head coach didn't get kicked out. The referee on that side heard a comment made by an emotional kid .... And he coach got the blame. He didn't even write his name down .. So I doubt he will be suspended.

never said it was the head coach. the referee told coach morris that a coach had been ejected. thats what i know.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:the back judge who was giving high fives to Mayfield players all night.

Doesn't that break a serious officiating rule?
toussaints Wrote:Doesn't that break a serious officiating rule?

Obviously not:biggrin:
:ChairHit:
Stardust Wrote:Obviously not:biggrin:

Or at least ... Not in Mayfield.
At the end of the day ... The KHSAA hasn't done either team any favors.
Where do you get a neutral crew for a game at Mayfield?
In a given year ... Either of those teams end up traveling huge distances for 3 rounds. I doubt that any other team has the travel impact that Beechwood and Mayfield have.
maycards88 Wrote:there are no 51 yd penalties in hs football. pass interference is 10 or 15 yds and automatic 1st down. i personally didnt agree with the ref throwing the flag against vocke at the end. the penalty mwant nothing ,helped mayfield in no way. the ref should have taken into consideration that was the last play. let mayfield take the knee and go home. as for the ather penalties, yes it should have been thrown cause the coaches have to practice what they preach and it was said that they invented a new meaning for the f-word. the coach was ejected also.

This is where you do not know what you are talking about .. either that or the reffs dont ..lol They through a bombmaybe 35 40 yards .. they called pass interference from the spot of the foul. beechwood got the ball down at their ten yard line or so when the play started they were at the mayfield 45 maybe .. go back and watch the film.. i might be wrong on what it was ccalled for but it was a round a 50 yard flag!:argue:

Well what game were you at ... lol there were some bad calls . We one the game and im still telling you there were some bad calls.. And looks like somebody lost their mind here ..... high fives.. ? And your right End of Story MAYFIELD won!!
toussaints Wrote:Doesn't that break a serious officiating rule?

i must not had been payin much att. during the game .. or somebody had one to many drinks!! lol never once seen a high five
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:As far as the refs go .... Ontopofthewest .... You are off base. The disparity was large before the last 3 penalties. I think the biggest gripe that you will get from Beechwood fans was the back judge who was giving high fives to Mayfield players all night. Otherwise ....Mayfield one. End of story.
Those grapes are awfully sour ...
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote::ChairHit:

Or at least ... Not in Mayfield.
At the end of the day ... The KHSAA hasn't done either team any favors.
Where do you get a neutral crew for a game at Mayfield?
In a given year ... Either of those teams end up traveling huge distances for 3 rounds. I doubt that any other team has the travel impact that Beechwood and Mayfield have.

quickslick, you get kicked off one forum :thatsfunn and now your cryin here.

Mayfield best team in the history of 1A football.:biggrin:
I didn't notice any high fives but I can't say 100% that it didn't happen.
killer in the sun Wrote:quickslick, you get kicked off one forum :thatsfunn and now your cryin here.

Mayfield best team in the history of 1a football.:biggrin:

ontopofthewest Wrote:i must not had been payin much att. During the game .. Or somebody had one to many drinks!! Lol never once seen a high five

Exactly!, there were no high fives!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Exactly!, there were no high fives!

hmmmm you are wrong. Leave your email address and I will hook you up with the clips.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:quickslick, you get kicked off one forum :thatsfunn and now your cryin here.

Mayfield best team in the history of 1A football.:biggrin:

hey moron ....I haven't cried yet.
get your facts straight ... I didn't get kicked off anywhere.
and I will remind you... Every Mayfield fan predicted a blowout.
pretty funny how the best team in the history of 1A football went down to the wire with a team that, according to Mayfield fans, had zero chance to even be in the game.

I have made zero comments all year.
you guys? Well ... You have done a great job of representing your program with arrogance and a complete lack of class.

if that makes you the best of all time .....
the blowhards Mayfield fans give your program a bad name.
you run your mouth on every message board all year ...and then you think you can turn the tables. Well .... Whatever. Good luck to the team and coaches of Mayfield .... The rest of you ... Well ...like I said .. Whatever.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:hey moron ....I haven't cried yet.
pretty funny how the best team in the history of 1A football went down to the wire with a team that, according to Mayfield fans, had zero chance to even be in the game.

you guys? Well ... You have done a great job of representing your program with arrogance and a complete lack of class.

you run your mouth on every message board all year ...and then you think you can turn the tables. Well .... Whatever. Good luck to the team and coaches of Mayfield .... The rest of you ... Well ...like I said .. Whatever.

:lame:

KYhillbilly you are a sad represenative of Beechwood football, I have a film by the way
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::lame:

KYhillbilly you are a sad represenative of Beechwood football, I have a film by the way
Amen to that. Make that a double amen.

Quickie, I'll tell Rash you're on message boards. He will spank you:biglmao:
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:hey moron ...
Every Mayfield fan predicted a blowout.

1.You are wrong. I never picked a score. Never do when I have a son playing.

2. Every Mayfield fan knew it would be a hard game. How could it not be with the freshman champs now seniors. :lame:
OK guys, have fun, beat each other up, fight like the "Mayfield's and McCoy's" (yeah, I did that), but let's eliminate the name calling like Moron, etc...

Thx. SD
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Quickie, I'll tell Rash you're on message boards. He will spank you:biglmao:

Where is MY? The cries for MY are growing! KYhillbilly might need to kiss up or be checking the job listings :hilarious:
quickie, you need to worry more about strength and conditioning than messages boards. Dont make me call Rash and tell him you're on here.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:hmmmm you are wrong. Leave your email address and I will hook you up with the clips.
Back up your claim and send them to the KHSAA. I can't wait to read their report on it.

Wow ... ummm... make it three amen's:please: