Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
11:00 AM

State Title

Will Central repeat or will Belfry upset the Yellowjackets?
This is all I'm going to say. Central is the class of 3A, they're fast, they have been there, and they're downright scary. Belfry has played them before, and knows what to expect. It's going take a perfect game, and then some. May God be with us and bless us next Saturday, as we do ALL we can to dethrone 3A's reigning king.

I will never pick against my Pirates, and will not on this occasion. We believe in our team.

GB² ... God Bless, Go Belfry!
3rd time these teams have played.
Belfry is better prepared this year.
Central are still the Kings but I think its time for someone to knock them down a level or 2 to show them this isnt thier class.
Keys for Belfry:
1. stop Ace
2. stop Ace
3. stop Ace
The Belfry pirates have no chance in this game. They will not stop ace Wales he will run at will and this game will be over before halftime. What do you mean put him out thats sad. I guess what i heard was right and that belfry is going to try and injury ace but you cant hurt whats you cant catch.

Central = 67

Belfry= 6

no shame in a runners up trophy though
Garrard County's speed gave Belfry a world of trouble. It doesn't compare too Centrals.

YellowJackets sting the Pirates again.
TheTruthwillset Wrote:The Belfry pirates have no chance in this game. They will not stop ace Wales he will run at will and this game will be over before halftime. What do you mean put him out thats sad. I guess what i heard was right and that belfry is going to try and injury ace but you cant hurt whats you cant catch.

Central = 67

Belfry= 6

Now that is a brutally honest prediction!
FBALL Wrote:Garrard County's speed gave Belfry a world of trouble. It doesn't compare too Centrals.

YellowJackets sting the Pirates again.

FBALL, you are dead-on about Centrals speed. All we hear about is Wales, but the defensive side of the ball is scary fast! I have no idea who Belfry has played that has great speed, but they will not have played a team as fast as Central this year.

Most teams scheme to ground out the clock against Central. After getting down on a Kick-Return, 80 yard run by Wales, and a Pick-6 - the gameplan goes out the window and that is when Central turns decent games into blowouts.
Belfry Insider Wrote:3rd time these teams have played.
Central are still the Kings but I think its time for someone to knock them down a level or 2 to show them this isnt thier class.
Keys for Belfry:
1. stop Ace
2. stop Ace
3. stop Ace
oh and did i mention that if they stop Ace or put him out that makes the game even.

Put him out?????!! WTH kind of statement is that???
Central 48 Belfry 12
I don't care much for the putting him out comment either. I never want to see a HS kid get hurt no matter what team they are on.

I was surprised at how slow Belfry was. GC really hurt them with there speed and trust me they are no comparison to Central. Like to see the Mtn team win but it will not happen. Central has a few more weapons outside of Ace, they don't get as many opportunities but they are game breakers themselves.
Of course he didn't mean purposely hurt him, come on guys, you are smarter than that. And no Thetruthwillset, Belfry is not going to try and hurt someone because someone on an internet forum said "oh and did i mention that if they stop Ace or put him out that makes the game even." He meant if he gets put out of the game with a hit that hurts him, not hurting him on purpose.

Belfry has to believe they can beat this team before they can take it...and I believe in these boys.

Belfry 30
Central 28
Belfry Insider Wrote:3rd time these teams have played.
Keys for Belfry:
1. stop Ace
2. stop Ace
3. stop Ace
oh and did i mention that if they stop Ace or put him out that makes the game even.

For everbody thats so sensitive. Guys Look what I posted if they stop Ace or he gets put out thats a even ball game. I never said we was planning on hurting him.
TheTruthwillset Wrote:The Belfry pirates have no chance in this game. They will not stop ace Wales he will run at will and this game will be over before halftime. What do you mean put him out thats sad. I guess what i heard was right and that belfry is going to try and injury ace but you cant hurt whats you cant catch.

Central = 67

Belfry= 6

Must be a central fan. Its definently not gonna be that type of spread. Im glad we actually play the games :p Oh and smart guy I didnt mean hurt him on purpose.
Central will win this title just as easy as last year. Belfy has no chance if they can only beat GC like they did and let them rush for over 400 yards what is Wales and Central going to do?
Amped 88 Wrote:Central will win this title just as easy as last year. Belfy has no chance if they can only beat GC like they did and let them rush for over 400 yards what is Wales and Central going to do?

I thought that 400 yards was both rushing and passing, with the majority being passing?
(MOST) Belfry and Bell County fans have two things in common:
1. Winning tradition
2. Never truly admitting when their backs are against the wall.

Belfry fans can admit this is an uphill battle better than Bell County fans can but it is truly a sight to see. You have to be grounded for a game like this. I have seen coaches tell their teams that they are the best on the field and should be favored, etc.... they come out confident, get down by 10-14 and start hanging their heads. When teams pull off upsets, it is when they know they are good but that they are underdogs and they have to fight for every yard and every point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pirates just play like pirates and we will be fine.Central is a class team but we have played some class teams that people thought we would get beat and guess what we won alot of those games because we played like pirates,there is no difference here just go play with the mind set that you are going to give it your all and you never no what might just happen.With that said im not going to ever pick against the pirates so i say sail on down to the bowl and bring back the gold.")

Belfry=21
Central=20

Go Big Red!
What makes Central even more powerful is that every 3A team they face knows what they are going to do - and still no one comes close to slowing it down, much less stopping it.
GC had ONE big run, and that came on a play that both defensive ends were out hurt because they had to come out because the clock stopped for their injuries
Stardust Wrote:Now that is a brutally honest prediction!
Yes Dusty and that borders on being down right silly. Will Central win? Of cource they will. Will it be convincing? probably. That spread ,as I said!!!!!! No team is unbeatable but "THE TEAM" from Lou. may just be the closest thing. Now as to the Jackets, Mannual (9-2), X (8-5) and PRP (9-3) all found a way. There are at least 3 teams in Lou. (+ "THE TEAM") better. Slaughter I don't think so. Best wishes to an old friend and his Pirate Football team.
Belfry knows better than anyone what Central brings to the table,this beening the 3rd time facing them,last years game wouldnt have been as bad if not for the tunrovers that lead to scores,yes give Central credit for making those turnovers,i would say there atleast 3td favor in this years game,IF Belfry can hold on to the ball,and move the ball,it will give them confidence as the game goes on,got to take my Pirates,even though the task at hand,wish for injury free close game..this is the last game of the year,so give it all you got.
No,i'm not a Central fan and no i'm not a belfry fan and i'm from the eastern part of kentucky. I just don't think that belfry can stop central they are just more skilled period. there defence is amazing fast and they have a good quaterback. There so much more the Ace Wales,so you can say your going to win all you want but you all know deep down inside you will lose.Just want admit it.
This thread is being watched closely, it's unfortunate that it has to be. Please be respectful everyone and make this a fun thread!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope Belfry has learned how to throw the Football.
Over and under on Belfry 1st downs is 5.

I believe that Central will try for a shutout this year, and let Wales play in the 4th Quarter.
Central 48
Belfry 0
David beats Goliath with God's help.
the Pirates got all of their yardage on the ground. They had only two carries of more than 20 yards, but they just kept hammering away at Garrard’s defensive line.
this is what Belfry has to do to have any chance, keep it away from Central, and score,dont just get yards and nothing to show..
Haywood said the Pirates started playing better when they started to relax.

“I thought maybe we were a little too excited going into the game, and maybe we were pressing a little bit too much the first half,” he said. “I actually thought the second quarter we started (relaxing) a little bit, but I still thought maybe we were trying too hard, and I thought the second half we started playing our game.”

this is another thing that will be important,they have been here before,so they cant afford to play tight..
Old Henry Man Wrote:I hope Belfry has learned how to throw the Football.
Over and under on Belfry 1st downs is 5.

I believe that Central will try for a shutout this year, and let Wales play in the 4th Quarter.
Central 48
Belfry 0

From the time the ball leaves the QB's hands to wherever it lands, that's time for a Central player to run to it. I'm for keeping it on the ground, pounding for 3 or 4 yards and trying to not let Ace Wales touch it.

Last year, JJ Jude rushed for 290 against us. This year, 119 (65 on one first quarter carry)

Let's hope for some similar success.
Belfry is a good team, but i think Central is just to much, way to much.

Lou Central-42
Belfry-28
Central repeats the blowout from last years finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 1(current)
  • Next