Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Football Coaches Association Award Winners
The Kentucky Football Coaches Association announces its District Coach of the Year and Player of the Year winners, and other award winners that will be honored at the state finals this year.

Player of the Year School Coach of the Year School
1A District 1 Jonathon Jackson Mayfield Joe Morris Mayfield
1A Dsitrcit 2 Jesse Keen Holy Cross Mike Fletcher Holy Cross
1A District 3 Kaleb Leach Frankfort Kevin Siple Bracken Co
1A Distrcit 4 Cameron Vocke Beechwood Noel Rash Beechwood
1A District 5 Skyler Griffith Williamsburg Jerry Herron, Jr. Williamsburg
1A District 6 B. J. Combs Hazard Mark Dixon Hazard
1A District 7 Chris Brewer Fairview Nathan McPeek Fairview
1A District 8 Randy Maynard Pikeville Chris McNamee Pikeville
Undefeated Nathan McPeek Fairview
Undefeated Joe Morris Mayfield
100th WIN Chris McNamee Pikeville

2A District1 Kendall Deese Murray Steve Duncan Murray
2A District 2 Issac Hardest Owensboro Catholic John Edge Owensboro Catholic
2A District 3 Hunter Bowles Glasgow Rick Wood Glasgow
2A District 4 Ivan Talley Louisville Christian Academy Stefan LeFors Louisville Christian Academy
2A District 5 Sawyer Williams Owen Co Adam Fowler Owen Co.
2A District 6 Brady Highchew Newport Cent. Catholic Josh Stratton Lloyd Memorial
2A District 7 Tryston Ford Danville Ray Graham Lexington Christian Academy
2A District 8 Joseph Jamerson Prestonburg Jonathon Parsons Betsy Lane
Undefeated John Edge Owensboro Catholic
Undefeated Adam Fowler Owen Co.
Undefeated Rick Wood Glasgow
100th WIN David Barnes Caldwell Co

3A District 1 J. D. Harmon Paducah Tilghman Shawn Berner Ft. Campbell
3A District 2 Jacob Tobias Edmonson Co. Kyle Pierce Edmonson Co
3A District 3 Anthony Wales Louisville Central Ty Scroggins Louisville Central
3A District 4 Cory Davenport Bell Co. Shawn Thompson Wayne Co.
3A District 5 Kentayvus Hopkins Bourbon Co Mark Scenters Garrard Co
3A Distrcit 6 MacKenzie McGlone West Carter Josh Hughes Lewis Co
3A District 7 Richard Trent Breathitt Co Brian Turner Morgan Co
3A District 8 Trey Willis Belfry Philip Haywodd Belfry
Undefeated Mike Holcomb Breathitt Co
Undefeated Kyle Pierce Edmonson Co
300th WIN Ivan McGlone Russell
250th WIN Mike Holcomb Breathitt Co
100th WIN Shawn Berner Ft. Campbell
**346th WIN Philip Haywodd Belfry

4A District 1 Tray Carr Madisonville No. Hopkins Jack Haskins Lone Oak
4A District 2 Dareus Wickware Franklin-Simpson Ben Bruni Warren East
4A District 3 Michael Brooks Collins Jerry Lucas Collins
4A District 4 Lee Lee Hayden Valley LaKunta Farmer Doss
4A District 5 Zach Hester Boyle Co Bill Letton Lexington Catholic
4A District 6 Jeff Canady Knox Central Scott Parkey Rockcastle Co
4A District 7 Patrick Towles Highlands Dale Mueller Highlands
4A District 8 Adam Wing Rowan Co Leon Hart Ashland Blazer
Undefeated Dale Mueller Highlands
200th WIN Jim Matney Johnson Central
100th WIN Tim Schlosser Franklin Simpson
250th WIN Larry French Boyle Co

5A District 1 Cody Murphy Ohio Co Todd Huston Ohio Co
5A District 2 Eric Brown Warren Central Mike Rogers Warren Central
5A District 3 Jeremy Harness John Hardin Mark Brown John Hardin
5A District 4 Todd Asbury North Bullitt Brett Newton North Bullitt
5A District 5 Tyler Morris Cooper Randy Borchers Cooper
5A District 6 Ryan Timmons Franklin Co Chris Tracy Franklin Co
5A District 7 Deon Shannon Lincoln Co Mike Settles Lincoln Co
5A District 8 Marcus McMillian Harlan Co Tom Larkey Harlan Co
Undefeated Chris Tracy Franklin Co
Undefeated Kevin Wallace Bowling Green
Undefeated Mark Brown John Hardin
250th WIN Mark Brown John Hardin
150th WIN Danny Leasor Bullitt Central

6A District 1 Avery Pitt Henderson Co Ron Barnard Marshall Co
6A District 2 Thomas Wilson Meade Co Mark Perry Central Hardin
6A District 3 Kiante Northington Butler Corey Crume Southern
6A District 4 James Quick Trinity Beatty Trinity
6A District 5 Tanner Evans Eastern Matt Brown Oldham Co
6A District 6 Tyler Durham Campbell Co Steve Lickert Campbell Co
6A District 7 Ben Lawler Scott Co Jim McKee Scott Co
6A District 8 Pokey Harris Geo. Rogers Clark Bert Brown Madison Central
Undefeated Jim McKee Scott Co
Undefeated Bob Beatty Trinity
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to all winners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to all, and especially to our Golden Lion's Coach, Mark Scenters......
Thanks for Sharing LWC.

I do agree with most of everyone listed. They are some that aren't listed that should be

Good luck to everyone that's still playing. Have fun, go out and leave it all out on the Field!
Some of these awards are total jokes. Nothing against the players and coaches listed, it isn't there fault. However, how does Somerset graduate 19 seniors, go 5-0 against 2A District 7 teams, outscore them 183-67, and win their 3rd consecutive regional championship not get the player of the year or coach of the year for that district?

Also, how does Southwestern sweep their district while facing all that adversity and Coach Andy Stephens not get coach of the year in 5A district 7? Even more glaring of an omission: Dustin Powell leads Class 5A in rushing and isn't player of the year?

A total joke in these two districts.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Some of these awards are total jokes. Nothing against the players and coaches listed, it isn't there fault. However, how does Somerset graduate 19 seniors, go 5-0 against 2A District 7 teams, outscore them 183-67, and win their 3rd consecutive regional championship not get the player of the year or coach of the year for that district?

Also, how does Southwestern sweep their district while facing all that adversity and Coach Andy Stephens not get coach of the year in 5A district 7? Even more glaring of an omission: Dustin Powell leads Class 5A in rushing and isn't player of the year?

Norm, I was thinking the exact same thing. Somerset blew out every team in their district. IMO, Lucas was hands down the most deserving and you can't tell me Wilson, one of the Slaughters, or Lange hasn't dominated in every district game.
^Andy Stephens might be 5A coach of the year, he certainly should have got it for the district.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Norm Peterson Wrote:Some of these awards are total jokes. Nothing against the players and coaches listed, it isn't there fault. However, how does Somerset graduate 19 seniors, go 5-0 against 2A District 7 teams, outscore them 183-67, and win their 3rd consecutive regional championship not get the player of the year or coach of the year for that district?

I agree. That is bogus. Coach Stephens deserves that award more than anyone. He should possibly be the 5A Coach of the year. Don't know what they were thinking. And Dustin Powell...he is the state's 5th overall rusher and #1 in Class 5A. :insane:
GetChili Wrote:I agree. That is bogus. Coach Stephens deserves that award more than anyone. He should possibly be the 5A Coach of the year. Don't know what they were thinking. And Dustin Powell...he is the state's 5th overall rusher and #1 in Class 5A. :insane:

That's okay. I'm sure all involved from Southwestern and Somerset would rather be playing this week than have those awards.
Congrats Ace Wales & Ty Scroggins!!!!
Congrats to all the coaches and players, way to work hard and represent you distric well.
Cool to see Campbell County to get both the player and the coach awards
Thought Haddix worked miracles at Perry this year. I know Larkey is great but Haddix does more with a lot less. JMO.
I thought that Leslie Co.'s coach should have been coach of the year in 2A district 8.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I noticed in reading the list for 4A that coach Larry French of Boyle County now has over 250 wins.

However, he is not listed as over 213 on the KHSAA's list of all time winning coaches at http://www.khsaa.org/records/football/fo...aching.pdf, but probably should have been since Boyle County did not win over 37 games this year (250-213).

So I have some questions:

1. In order for the list to be accurate and Coach French was not on it, then it leads to the conclusion that he coached out of state, as out of state wins are not included for the list in the link? Is so, where?

2. What is his overall record?

3. Are there others not included on the list that should be?

4. I know that Dale Mueller of Highlands now has 221 (including the win vs Cov Cath on Friday) wins at Highlands, so he should be added to the list above after this year. He also coached in Ohio at Sycamore and Withrow in Cincinnati. Does anyone know his records at Sycamore and Withrow?
^I think they were listing people that reached those marks this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^I think they were listing people that reached those marks this season.

I realize that, but if Larry French got win number 250 this year and the fact that Boyle County only won 9 games in 2011 (7 in regular season), it stands to reason that either a) he should have been on the list of 213 or more from last year or b) he has about 40 of those wins out of state or c) the list was incomplete.

Thus the questions.
The biggest mistake on here is no JJ Jude. Wow. :biglmao:
^Gotcha. That I do not know then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:I thought that Leslie Co.'s coach should have been coach of the year in 2A district 8.

I agree. No offense to Coach Parsons, but how do you get coach of the year in your district & dont even win a district game. Leslie County coach should have gotten it hands down.
No offense to you either Joseph Jamerson i understand you had several injuries this year, but there where others who stood out more on the team this year not to mention several others in the district more deserving of the honor.
Congrats to both, but i still feel they got these two wrong.
Congrats to coach parkey
I could argue that 4A D6 Player of the year should be Nick Britt.

1727 Yards (2nd in 4A), 39 TDs, Scored 228 Points (leader 4A, 2nd in state overall)
^I didn't want to be the one to start it, but if he hadn't had a poor game against Rock, he would have ran away with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Josh Stratton at Lloyd, he came into a job that nobody wanted and one that people made fun of. Kept the players involved all season, finished 3rd in a district where they were picked to finish fighting for a playoff spot with Brossart, and WON a playoff game. All this in his 1st season, so congrats Josh
Congrats to Pikeville Head Coach Chris McNamee for his 100th win. Wish him tons of more wins to come as this program is winning and getting back where it belongs.
How are these picked? Drawn out of a hat? throwing darts at names on a wall? It seems as if there is more than a little bit of politics involved giving awards to some and intentionally over looking others.
Coaches don't like to vote for players and coaches that beat them during the season. That's why some of the best players and coaches always get left off this list.
adopted purple Wrote:Coaches don't like to vote for players and coaches that beat them during the season. That's why some of the best players and coaches always get left off this list.

I understand the logic of that, but if too many coaches felt that way, Trinity, Highlands, Mayfield, etc would never get any awards. LOL
[quote=Wise one]I understand the logic of that, but if too many coaches felt that way, Trinity, Highlands, Mayfield, etc would never get any awards. LOL[/QUOT

Well, Highlands and Mayfied are not in power districts and Trinity is the #1 team in the country. Who else are they going to give the awards to. :Shaking:
Congrats to all the players and coaches, especially to Michael Brooks and Coach Jerry Lucas from Collins. Collins has not had a home field this year, lost one of the best quarterbacks and two of the best wide receivers in the state, and they are in the state semifinals in the school's second year. Coach Lucas and all of his assistants have done an excellent job, and Coach Lucas is 22-4 in his first 2 years as a head coach. Michael has been phenomenal this year with almost 200 tackles (multiple games with 20+ tackles), 18 touchdowns, 483 hard fought rushing yards, and 1 touchdown pass completion. You couldn't ask for a better football player or coach.