Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
34.74%
Belfry
65.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Breathitt Co. 11/18/11
Buc-a-roo Wrote:What is the Breathitt Co station that will carry the game in case anyone in attendance wants to pick up their broadcast?

sit next to bobby norman and coach mickey, and you can hear live broadcast,lol,reason saying that i thought i heard bobby say last week there no broadcast booth,lol
i heard today from a good source,that Breahitt is alot tougher than what most Belfry fans are giving them credit for,and said it will be the small things that win this game and a major role with be in the trenches...
cuppett777 Wrote:i heard today from a good source,that Breahitt is alot tougher than what most Belfry fans are giving them credit for,and said it will be the small things that win this game and a major role with be in the trenches...

Just found out that the game WILL be online @ wymtnews.com! Great news for those of us that can not make the game. I will have this game on one tab, Boyle\Lex Cath game on another, and BGR on another....Woo-Hoo!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

cuppett777 Wrote:sit next to bobby norman and coach mickey, and you can hear live broadcast,lol,reason saying that i thought i heard bobby say last week there no broadcast booth,lol

You must have never been to Breathitt's field in about 10 years, because they have a great press box. The press box is huge with heat/AC, 6 windows that open,as well as 2 ways in and alot of room once you get inside.

The Breathitt station is 97.3 WJSN with Michael Watkins and Steven Neace.
Mountain team wins this one.
The big TE for belfry is he getting any offers from anywhere.
I am glad there is a press box and I can guarantee one thing that the crew from East Kentucky Broadcasting will not show their rear ends near as bad as the bunch did from Breathitt in 2008!!! You do not beat the walls and pound the counter and bounce chairs all over your end of the box!!! Sad it was, and win or lose I would never act that way. You win with class and you lose with class.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:The big TE for belfry is he getting any offers from anywhere.

Tony Messer is a junior and a potential college recruit, but more than likely his real offers will come next year!!
Bobcats by 7
just seen the Collins kid on wymt clip,looks like he may be hard to bring down.did the Trent kid play wideout on the 8th grade team few yrs back?
Collins looks like a brute. Best way to handle him is to gang tackle. Belfry must limit the big play and be quick to the football.

I am still less worried about Belfry defensively than I am that Breathitt's D just matches up and makes it difficult to move the chains. But, we shall find out soon enough.
to those East Ky Broadcasters show their asses off and try to start something i am sure my good friends at Jackson P.D. will be glad to send them on their way to Three Forks Regional Jail/// I heard what they said last week and it was very unprofessional of them and i am sure if they run their mouth F.C.C. will know about it /// we will be praying for them and God Bless and GO BOBCATS
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry vs. Henry Clay from early in the season is on Ihigh FWIW.

Belfry's defense is light years ahead of where it was at the beginning of the year. By that token, the people basing their opinion of Breathitt on the fact Hazard scored so many points are off base as well.

I can not really base my opinions on anything I have seen because as I said, the only game I saw was the Belfry\Prestonsburg game early in the season. I look at the "Massey" ratings and see what the power rankings and such are and the prediction they give to make up my mind on games that I have not seen the teams. I respect both programs and in my mind, this is the game I wish would happen every year because it is always a great atmosphere. Good luck to both teams, and let the best team win.

As far as basing anything on the Hazard game, Belfry runs a different offense and there is no comparison there IMO.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am a fairly smart fellow, I have to be from the KY side HAHA.

Are you from Breathitt, Perry, or Wolfe County? Wait let me re-phrase that... when you go to Jackson do you pass John Chapman and his Breathitt caravan on the Mountain Parkway in the evening coming back (Wolfe County) or the Holcomb caravan in the morning coming in from Perry County?

Big Grin

That would probably be a pretty good burn if it made any sense considering we have no players from those areas but have lost plenty to them or have you not understood half the posts on rivals. Im not sure if you're an EKU alumni or not but if you are I would have to suggest an investigation into your degree because your post are beginning to show the West Virginian in you.
undertaker41377 Wrote:to those East Ky Broadcasters show their asses off and try to start something i am sure my good friends at Jackson P.D. will be glad to send them on their way to Three Forks Regional Jail/// I heard what they said last week and it was very unprofessional of them and i am sure if they run their mouth F.C.C. will know about it /// we will be praying for them and God Bless and GO BOBCATS

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I do believe you need to read the constitution....
undertaker41377 Wrote:to those East Ky Broadcasters show their asses off and try to start something i am sure my good friends at Jackson P.D. will be glad to send them on their way to Three Forks Regional Jail/// I heard what they said last week and it was very unprofessional of them and i am sure if they run their mouth F.C.C. will know about it /// we will be praying for them and God Bless and GO BOBCATS

1. What broadcasters are you talking about? Bobby Norman and Steve Mickey who are the broadcasters for Belfry football games? Or "the Sports Guys" who have a weekly radio show on E KY Broadcasting once a week?

2. What did they say?
IMO Breathitt will go straight to work, never trail, and never look back. The Bobcats by 14.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I will agree with that comment that it will be decide on the field and I will agree with you on Trent and Collins won't have 400 yards rushing together. But I will disagree that Belfry will walk out of Jackson victorious because the deciding factor will be bobcats air attack, that will win the game our ability to pass because they are going to have to decide(Belfry) if their going to stop the pass or the run and I look for them to try to stop the run it will open the passing game. I'm not saying that Trent will put up big numbers in the passing game but if he puts up 160-200 yds and get 200yds on rushing the bobcats will come away with a win. Should be a good one already have goosebumps.

I think this game will be won in the trenches and if Breathitt's O-line can keep the Pirate pass rush to minimum pressure then they will have a good shot at winning this game. If not then Belfry by 2 scores.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red!
Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red! Go Big Red!
Go Big Red! Go Big Red!

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

:lame: I can and will guarantee this won't happen. If your "good friends at Jackson P.D." even really exist.

[Image: http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/32845-1/dowhatnow.jpg]
I will never pick against the Pirates, ever.

However I will be honest. In the last 15+ years there are 3 teams I fear in the playoffs each year. Russell, Breathitt County, and Sheldon Clark

While other teams have eliminated us in the past P-Berg almost makes that list. The three teams on the list however I consider to be our Playoff Rivals. No matter the year, no matter the records when Belfry meets one of these three in the Playoffs it's a dangerous game. All three teams bring their "A" game 95% of the time against Big Red and it can go in any direction. Breathitt is always a dangerous foe we have beat them as the underdog and they have beaten us as an underdog and vice versa.

Last years Pirates team overachieved this is a very agreed upon fact and the win over Somerset was amazing. They were young and had ball control issues which showed in the State title, this year literally the same team comes back, they control the ball and they play hard nosed football. I think they win tonights game by 7+ late, but Breathitt will lead and will give us some scares.

We can beat anyone in state when we are at 110% and for the next few weeks thats where the boys need to be. Hopefully life distractions can be set aside for the next month and these boys can focus on the task at hand.

The real Playoffs begin tonight.
I think breathitt will win this one if they keep the ball on the ground and not try to throw it to that tall receiver bc he struggles catching the ball and he is slow. But I don't think belfry can handle the bobcats
Who wants it more? Safe travels to all! Let's get on the road Pond Creek Nation!Go Big Red!
HarleyD Wrote:Who wants it more? Safe travels to all! Let's get on the road Pond Creek Nation!Go Big Red!

Agreed. Be safe and have a great night in Jackson.

Good luck to the Pirates tonight
Home field means a lot here. Both teams are different than last year, as in a LOT better. I've gotta go with BHS here. ;-)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA I will give you the right to change my un-mistakeable avatar and the virginity of my signature until after the State Finals.

Hell, I'll even write a short poem to honor the Bobcats as well.

Okay, it's a bet.
If your referring to the remarks about the cannon, sometimes you get what you give. Pike County Central brought their cannon and the administration at Breathitt would not allow them to use it. Some of the football players had to go remove it before the game. They said it was a home game for Breathitt and we could not use it. I was under the impression that Breathitt was hosting a play off game. Breathitt's principal said you don't take things to use at away games. Breathitt use to take their cannon everywhere, whether they do now I don't know. So, like I said, you get what you give. Classless move by the Breathitt County Administration.
i think that if u Breathitt can keep belfry from running the ball we'd wil..belfry is not a strong throwing team while Trent can either run or throw
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next