Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football
Where do the Tigers go from a 2-9 season? Any thoughts?
Young Coach turns into a veteran coach in time. Then a few talented classes come in and the next thing you know the Tigers are winners again. The Coach has got to keeping working and trying to improve his program. It takes time and effort.
IDk if that young coach is going to have the chance. Rumors are flying rampant right now.
Roster numbers are killing them. With a big sophomore class this year, and the big and talented eigth grade class as well, next season's roster should be much larger albeit very young. However, that will be something upon which to build a much more competitive team. On the other hand, if some of these boys decide to forgo football, and not participate, then I believe that is proof that this staff cannot get the best athletes to play for them. I do not believe for a second that the Tigers' shortcomings have anything to do with a lack of effort or dedication on any one's part. I believe that this staff is working hard on what they believe will work. But, it is failing miserably for a number of reasons. I believe that lack of personnel is the biggest one. But they absolutely have to get the best athletes in that small school suited up and playing football to ever achieve the level of success that this proud school has enjoyed throughout its history. As always, go blue, go Tigers!
Paintsville needs to change what they are doing because the program is at rock bottom right now. There are lots of rumors that are flying around right now, some seem like pretty good situations and some not so good.
I was at the game last night. Only time I've seen Paintsville play this season, so this opinion is based on that one game. If every player played with the effort and heart that Dakota Ray displayed last night - even when the game was well out of reach - they would be much better off. He didn't have blazing speed, wasn't the biggest guy on the field, but that young man carried the ball 36 TIMES for 100+ yards!!!! And 90% of that was on sheer effort. He scored Paintsville's only TD and deserved it.
Live Maroon Wrote:I was at the game last night. Only time I've seen Paintsville play this season, so this opinion is based on that one game. If every player played with the effort and heart that Dakota Ray displayed last night - even when the game was well out of reach - they would be much better off. He didn't have blazing speed, wasn't the biggest guy on the field, but that young man carried the ball 36 TIMES for 100+ yards!!!! And 90% of that was on sheer effort. He scored Paintsville's only TD and deserved it.
Agree. Big heart in that young man.
Live Maroon Wrote:I was at the game last night. Only time I've seen Paintsville play this season, so this opinion is based on that one game. If every player played with the effort and heart that Dakota Ray displayed last night - even when the game was well out of reach - they would be much better off. He didn't have blazing speed, wasn't the biggest guy on the field, but that young man carried the ball 36 TIMES for 100+ yards!!!! And 90% of that was on sheer effort. He scored Paintsville's only TD and deserved it.

Add Dawson Smith onto that list he has probably 20 td saving tackles on the year.
From what I've heard, Runyon is trying to take it from Kinner.
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:From what I've heard, Runyon is trying to take it from Kinner.

He had his chance back in '05 with a lot of talent from a senior dominate class. If he truly wanted the job then he wouldn't have let it go to begin with. Seems like a smoke screen to me, but as long as the powers at be allow him to dabble with coaching jobs when he chooses that will continue.
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:From what I've heard, Runyon is trying to take it from Kinner.

If they give it to Runyon, he didn't didn't take it from Kinner. Kinner lost it!
No one is taking anything from Kinner he had a fair chance. He just could not motivate the boys.
Looks like a political thing in the city schools ....
Emmit Brown Wrote:He had his chance back in '05 with a lot of talent from a senior dominate class. If he truly wanted the job then he wouldn't have let it go to begin with. Seems like a smoke screen to me, but as long as the powers at be allow him to dabble with coaching jobs when he chooses that will continue.
I agree EB. Paintsville put their faith in Runyon to do a good job with the program and he left when the talent left. Personally I think Paintsville shouldn't go in that direction again because who knows how long he will stay this time. The question is who would be a good coach?
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:I agree EB. Paintsville put their faith in Runyon to do a good job with the program and he left when the talent left. Personally I think Paintsville shouldn't go in that direction again because who knows how long he will stay this time. The question is who would be a good coach?
I would hate to see them get rid of Coach Kinner because I've known him and his family most of my life. I do know there are a lot of people that are really unhappy with Paintsville Tiger Football and want a change. I think if Paintsville could get Joe Jericho back from Prestonsburg he would be a great hire. If they can't get him I would look at Chester McCoy from Magoffin Co.
theoldballcoach Wrote:I would hate to see them get rid of Coach Kinner because I've known him and his family most of my life. I do know there are a lot of people that are really unhappy with Paintsville Tiger Football and want a change. I think if Paintsville could get Joe Jericho back from Prestonsburg he would be a great hire. If they can't get him I would look at Chester McCoy from Magoffin Co.

neither will happen.
I heard some very disturbing news on Thursday. IF what I heard happens, I'll never support Paintsville athletics ever again. If it is indeed true, it's a damn shame. Kinner is a friend of mine, but I'd say he is gone. But like I said, if what I heard Thursday actually does happen, I'll give my support to another school, NOT my alma mater that I have loved since the day I was born.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:I heard some very disturbing news on Thursday. IF what I heard happens, I'll never support Paintsville athletics ever again. If it is indeed true, it's a damn shame. Kinner is a friend of mine, but I'd say he is gone. But like I said, if what I heard Thursday actually does happen, I'll give my support to another school, NOT my alma mater that I have loved since the day I was born.
Enlighten us Redneck
They will bounce back next year and have a good season.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Enlighten us Redneck

If it happens, you'll know it's what I am talkin bout.

Just curious to why we all of a sudden went to the wishbone offense and let one player carry the ball that many times. IMO, this is the type of offense we should have been running all year long. I'm just wondering why the switch all of a sudden. Did the OC not have the confidence in this QB after his son (was QB, got hurt) went down? I said it from the very beginning that Fannin should be the QB, and when he finally got his chance, the OC changes the offense, WTF...
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:No one is taking anything from Kinner he had a fair chance. He just could not motivate the boys.

If u can't motivate u don't need to coach. Enough said!!!
I've heard some rumors that the leading choices for the job are John Miller, Joe Jericho, Bill Mike Runyon, and Jimmy Daniels. Has anyone heard when Paintsville will make a final decision on Coach Kinner?
Jimmy Daniels out, Jericho and miller wont take it . Both of them have jobs, who knows who will get it. If they don't pay some big bucks, Kinner stays. Then if that happens u need to look at getting rid of some admin personal!!
cricketbed Wrote:Jimmy Daniels out, Jericho and miller wont take it . Both of them have jobs, who knows who will get it. If they don't pay some big bucks, Kinner stays. Then if that happens u need to look at getting rid of some admin personal!!
I doubt Miller would take it because he does the radio for the high school games. From what I was told Jericho would take the job if he could get it. My source told me that Bill Mike was going to take it and bring back some of his old staff like Jimmy Daniels and Dave Vanhoose.
Jericho wont take it Runyon might. Who knows, if something dont happen quick they lose some good middle school players and some varisty players.
Chirico. not jericho lol
cricketbed Wrote:Jericho wont take it Runyon might. Who knows, if something dont happen quick they lose some good middle school players and some varisty players.
Why wouldn't Chirico take the job? You won't find a better guy or coach around. I heard that Sammons will not hire Runyon because of how he quit on Paintsville before. I'm just a parent who doesn't know that much about football but if Paintsville hires Runyon they would be taking a step back which is hard to do right now.
If they aren't gonna bring Jason back, then maybe all of us Tiger alumni should sneak in on a board meeting and express our opinions. Not only that, if they're not gonna bring him back, they need to go ahead and let him go and post the job online so coaches around the state can see it. I bet they would have 20+ apply before Christmas. They don't need to dick around and wait for coaches to find other vacancies. Paintsville is a storied program with alot of tradition, I'm sure there are tons of good/great coaches out there who would be up for the challenge of rebuilding our football program. The school admins are gonna have to man up and throw some money out there though.
Redneck Wrote:If they aren't gonna bring Jason back, then maybe all of us Tiger alumni should sneak in on a board meeting and express our opinions. Not only that, if they're not gonna bring him back, they need to go ahead and let him go and post the job online so coaches around the state can see it. I bet they would have 20+ apply before Christmas. They don't need to dick around and wait for coaches to find other vacancies. Paintsville is a storied program with alot of tradition, I'm sure there are tons of good/great coaches out there who would be up for the challenge of rebuilding our football program. The school admins are gonna have to man up and throw some money out there though.

Not gonna happen.