Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights QB
Who will now start at QB for Dixie Heights this Friday vs Lafayette in the 1st round of the playoffs?
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Who will now start at QB for Dixie Heights this Friday vs Lafayette in the 1st round of the playoffs?

What has happened to Pike?? Serving a suspension??
Why isn't Zeke Pike starting?
MS Pride Wrote:What has happened to Pike?? Serving a suspension??

Again? If so, this boy needs an attitude adjustment.
Pretty reliable sources indicate that Zeke and others are no longer a part of the team. I dare not say why, and the reality is that nothing is of public record. So, it's still just a rumor.
Stardust Wrote:Pretty reliable sources indicate that Zeke and others are no longer a part of the team. I dare not say why, and the reality is that nothing is of public record. So, it's still just a rumor.

If true, I wonder what the big-whigs at Auburn are thinking right about now....
If true, I hate to say it but looks to me Pike might be going down the wrong road. SEC schools wont put up with little mature shenanigans.
^ probably not real happy, but doubtful that they have not had worse!
^

Cant argue that. Pike didnt live up to the hype coming into this season and now with this, I'm just saying doesn't look to good on him. I wish him the best of luck.
I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that Auburn didn't want him anymore
I wouldnt be surprised if that was true. I hope not, but the 3 QBs on the roster now have all won state titles while in HS. Pike isnt even winning games. I dont know if he is an SEC QB, but he has the body for the SEC.I guess only time will tell.
Remember fellas, this is a rumor about a high school kid.

With that being said, I hope this kid gets his stuff together. He has an opportunity that thousands of high school athletes want, but won't get anywhere close to. Remember, a scholarship offer isn't final until they give you a written/typed form that you can sign and give back. Even then, the school can still pull it when they feel like you don't deserve it.

I hope Zeke didn't quit, and i hope he wasn't kicked off the team. However, if he was, I suggest he gets his butt back into the coaches office and the locker room, and figures out a way to get back on the field friday night. All coaches have and will coach winners and losers, but they will never coach a quitter.
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that Auburn didn't want him anymore

Where? I have not heard this? I've heard people say it, but never anywhere in in publication have I ever heard Auburn ever say anything negative about him.
Stardust Wrote:Where? I have not heard this? I've heard people say it, but never anywhere in in publication have I ever heard Auburn ever say anything negative about him.

the person that told me heard it from somewhere, they didn't say where they had heard it tho. I hope it's not true, kid is a good QB and can play at the next level
^ Alright, as long as it's word of mouth, then there is no truth to it at all. Just a rumor, which is like an opinion, which is like an A..., ah, nevermind, everyone get's it....
toussaints Wrote:Remember fellas, this is a rumor about a high school kid.

With that being said, I hope this kid gets his stuff together. He has an opportunity that thousands of high school athletes want, but won't get anywhere close to. Remember, a scholarship offer isn't final until they give you a written/typed form that you can sign and give back. Even then, the school can still pull it when they feel like you don't deserve it.

I hope Zeke didn't quit, and i hope he wasn't kicked off the team. However, if he was, I suggest he gets his butt back into the coaches office and the locker room, and figures out a way to get back on the field friday night. All coaches have and will coach winners and losers, but they will never coach a quitter.

Pike didn't quit but was suspended from the team and If Pike did as I have heard and I believe my source to be creditable then he does deserve to be kicked off the team. No one kid is bigger than the team and he often times didn't seem to understand that. With that being said I wish Pike the best of luck in the future. Hopefully he learns from this mistake.
Where's all the people that think Pike is better than Towles? It's not even a comparison. I don't care if Pike can throw a ball through a tire in some contest, it doesn't translate to the field.
Sad. Kids all over the country would love to be heading to Auburn for free to play the world's greatest game... Whether the kid goofed or coaches or refs or parents or the whatever - any action that would jeopardize this type of opportunity is just plain old sad. My prayer is the kid and his support system learn from whatever is going on and come out the other side better.
Looks like some of the players were smoking k2 (Synthetic cannabis sold as incense) prior to last weeks game. And the provability hit the fan and other players had had enough refusing to play if those kids played this week.
At least that's what my souces have said:eyeroll:
nky Wrote:Looks like some of the players were smoking k2 (Synthetic cannabis sold as incense) prior to last weeks game. And the provability hit the fan and other players had had enough refusing to play if those kids played this week.
At least that's what my souces have said:eyeroll:

LOL, well, and there we have it. It was not going to come out of my mouth, especially since this is a rumor about a High School athlete:yikes: But now the cat is out of the bag....
This should be a reliable source:

Auburn recruit from Tri-State suspended from High School playoff game.
http://www.fox19.com/story/15937957/aubu...ormat=HTML

CRESTVIEW HILLS, KY (FOX19) -
A top-ranked senior quarterback and two other players on a Tri-State high school football team have been given a one-game suspension after violating team rules. This comes just days before the first playoff game of the season.
One of the suspended players, quarterback of the Dixie Heights High School football team, Zeke Pike, is considered a top college recruit. Pike verbally committed to Auburn in April but will not be able to sign a letter of intent until February.
Zeke Pike is the son of Mark Pike, a former NFL. Mark Pike tells FOX19 that his son has been suspended but would not provide details why.
Auburn, through NCAA policy, is not able to comment on a recruit until they've officially signed their National Letter of Intent. It is considered a recruiting violation if coaches and staff mention the recruit's name publicly.
Pike was suspended for the season opener this year, but the reason behind that suspension has not been publicized.
When the Dixie Heights Athletic Director Matt Wilhoite was asked to comment on the situation, he said "A one game suspension has been issued for three players on the team who have violated team rules."
Other school officials will not comment on the situation due to the fact that they say it is not their policy to comment on disciplinary matters.
Dixie Heights High School Coach Tom Spritzky also had "no comment" on the suspension.
this pike kid has failed miserably to live up to expectations and some say he is the best qb in the state :Shaking: i think thats bull he dosent have anything on patrick towels or logan johnson
:Thumbs: Good for you Spritzky!!!
Hate to hear this. Sad situation when a kid has all the potential in the world & does stupid stuff that could cost himself everything. A lot of other high school football players would give there left nut to be in his shoes & no matter how hard they work & do the right things they will never have the chance.
Just sad to read something like this.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Hate to hear this. Sad situation when a kid has all the potential in the world & does stupid stuff that could cost himself everything. A lot of other high school football players would give there left nut to be in his shoes & no matter how hard they work & do the right things they will never have the chance.
Just sad to read something like this.

I'd give both my nuts to play high school football again. I've already had my kids so it's okay.Confusednicker:
There was a letter that went out from the principal this past Saturday stating this: "Please be aware that there is rumor that students may be using synthetic marijuana that although it is legal (18 years of age) is still very dangerous for their health. Feel free to Google it for more information on its affects."

I found this on another site!
toussaints Wrote::Thumbs: Good for you Spritzky!!!

Don't be so quick to pat him on the back. Spritzky should have taken control of this situation after Zeke went off in the first Highlands game last year, but in typical fashion, he failed to do so. The result was Zeke's ejection for throwing a punch and cursing at a Highlands defender in the playoff game. The result of Spritzky not coming down hard on that is what you are seeing now. I'm also told that the bulk of players gave him an ultimatum; him or us, which is the only reason that he acted in this incident. Sorry, not the kind of soft, foot-dragging behavior I'd expect out of a head coach.:lame:
Kinda hope the kid ends up somewhere a little smaller, so we can see his name big time making a team. At Auburn he could end up never starting, but somewhere else he could end up a 2 or 3 year starter and they build around him.
I don't think he'd be the starting QB at Thomas More. I think he moves to defense wherever he ends up.
Yeah I've heard from multiple reliable sources he's only serving one gamer. Surprised though that this made the news whn the kid was a complete chock this year. The guy before was right he has the body of an SEC QB but judging by stories I've heard of his off the field life style and attitude towards coaches I am starting to believe the rumors about him being on edge with auburns scholarship. I think if he does go he'll transfer out to a small D-1 school like a western or morehead.