Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea vs. Paintsville 10/28
Can the Tigers get their third win of the season and let the seniors get a win?
No, Berea by a touch down late.
Paintsville will pull this out, but only because they are the home team. This is likely going to be bad football!
Im going to take paintsville
The Tigers have gave up a ton of points the last few weeks, I'm going with Berea.
This will be an ugly football game but I'm going with the Tigers in this one.
PHS-13
Berea-7
Berea lost to Williamsburg 20-14. Willamsburg beat Pineville 40-0, Allen Central 28-20 AND Leslie 36-34. Now we know what Pineville and Allen Central did to Paintsville AND Leslie is 1st in their class 2A district with wins over Betsy Layne (who beat Paintsville 38-8), Shelby Valley and P-burg. Not to mention they only lossed by 10 (30-20) by Emenience who is 8-1 on the season. With that being said I'll go with:

Paintsville 16
Berea 38
everyone is say'n that #45 is going to maybe play this game, if he does then p,ville will get the win, without him it's a toss up. good luck Tigers and hope you play friday night #45.
This is a MUST win for coach Kinner! I think he gets his boys ready to play this week.
Tigers-20
Berea-13
Paintsville in a close one.
I think Berea gets this one. If there defense shows up like it did against Williamsburg then they will win going away. If not then I say Berea by 14.
just wondering Wrote:everyone is say'n that #45 is going to maybe play this game, if he does then p,ville will get the win, without him it's a toss up. good luck Tigers and hope you play friday night #45.

I hope this isn't true. I mean how many times they gonna break this kids arm? He is just a SOPH. Let him rest and be fully recovered for next season. I wanna see a win just as much as anyone else. I sure don't want to see this kid with broken arm for the third time in two seasons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I hope this isn't true. I mean how many times they gonna break this kids arm? He is just a SOPH. Let him rest and be fully recovered for next season. I wanna see a win just as much as anyone else. I sure don't want to see this kid with broken arm for the third time in two seasons.
I could not agree more Hook. The risk,maybe for what. Good kid and personal friend. Save him he has two more years.
If prater is cleared he will want to play, But I wouldnt let him. I hope the tigers get this one for Spriggs and the other seniors who have stuck it out for this program.

Go Tigers.
Berea Paintsville
8 - 55........Nicholas County........29 - 70
58 - 32.........Paris....................34 - 12
66 - 87...................................63 - 82
..............margin
-21...........................................-19

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
-33.7..........207........25(1A).........Berea
-39.8..........212........27(1A).........Paintsville
Point spread Berea by 6
Berea Probability of Victory 63.6%
looks like Berea in a close one
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If prater is cleared he will want to play, But I wouldnt let him. I hope the tigers get this one for Spriggs and the other seniors who have stuck it out for this program.

Go Tigers.
Could not agree more.:Thumbs:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If prater is cleared he will want to play, But I wouldnt let him. I hope the tigers get this one for Spriggs and the other seniors who have stuck it out for this program.

Go Tigers.

prater's dad said he could play but there is know way that he would let him this season.
just wondering Wrote:prater's dad said he could play but there is know way that he would let him this season.

This is the best thing for Prater because if he comes back too quick it could be a career ending injury. He has a bright future but needs to get 100% before next year.
Heard prater helton was back . May be closer than everyone thinks
I'm pulling for Paintsville in this one. Come on Tigers!
Prater needs to be on the line if he plays. So he can't take a shot to the arm, I said this before week one and hopefully it will come to pass for next year but for the kids sake I hope he doesn't play.
I haven't said anything about the coach. BUT, if he let's him play. This one is on him. I don't care what the Doc says.

Let's see:
1 - Let the kid sit the last two games and have him for the next two seasons.
or
2 - Let the kid play, breaks his arm, ruins the kids career or maybe worse. Ruins the kid's arm or hand for life.

I know we all like to let our kids make some decision on their own. But, sometimes we ADULTS need to make a few for them. If you need advice son. Come see me. Been there, done that...same exact injury...same exact surgery!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Paintsville wins it 5-3.
I agree with the consensus on here regarding 45. He is a tough kid and a good ball player, but the risk v. reward on this is a no brainer. This season is a wash. What do you gain by playing a kid who is that vulnerable? Also, he has sat out the entire season, therefore he is not in the best condition, which makes him even more susceptible to injury. I understand that 45 is a competitor and full of "pee and vinegar" as a man once said. But, no matter how eager the kid is to get back out there and hit somebody, the responsible adults involved have to make that decision for him and for his own good. I would love to see him play out the next two years of his high school career in good health.
OffTheHook Wrote:I haven't said anything about the coach. BUT, if he let's him play. This one is on him. I don't care what the Doc says.

Let's see:
or
2 - Let the kid play, breaks his arm, ruins the kids career or maybe worse. Ruins the kid's arm or hand for life.

I know we all like to let our kids make some decision on their own. But, sometimes we ADULTS need to make a few for them. If you need advice son. Come see me. Been there, done that...same exact injury...same exact surgery!
:Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:I haven't said anything about the coach. BUT, if he let's him play. This one is on him. I don't care what the Doc says.

Let's see:
or

sounds like a shot at his parents, this could get interesting!
just wondering Wrote:sounds like a shot at his parents, this could get interesting!
This post does not in anyway indict the child's parents. It merely appears to underscore the best interest of the child, much like the laws of the Commonwealth. You are exactly correct in that it could get interesting with the entrance of a third party concern effecting a decision on what is in the best interest of the minor. The parents of #45 are fully competent to make decisions that are in the child's best interest and I am sure they will. Good luck Prater and Paintsville Tigers.
just wondering Wrote:sounds like a shot at his parents, this could get interesting!

Buddy don't try an start something that isn't there. I know BOTH his parents personally and they know exactly who I am on here. I know they will make the right decision. Johnny has prolly already read this and knows that it isn't anything that I wouldn't say if we were talking at the field. He knows that my concern lies with his son. Great kid and Great athlete! So just keep "wondering".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Berea 26-21.