Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
46.67%
Johnson Central
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/21/11
this for the number one seed, can Ashland stop Jude and the running game,there very quick on the edge,and slowed Belfry down there last week, but they was able to run up the middle, and down the stretch wore them down, JC has owed the series as of late, who you got and why?
I will take JC in this one. Ashland will not stop JC's running game.
I would pay pretty good money to see this game. I'll take JC by 1 TD
Eagles 28
Tomcats 21
I have to go with Johnson Central here.
JC - 31
Ashland - 22
Ashland by 3
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Ashland by 3

Let me guess...on a last-second missed FG by the Golden Eagles?
In week two, I would've taken Ashland, no contest. However, JC has looked much better, especially on pass D which was the part that looked really shaky in early season, and Ashland has just been looking less and less impressive. Plus, they do tend to have brain lock when presented with black and gold the last half of this decade...

This one will be a joy. This is a true football gut check.
Ashland
khsgamenight Wrote:Let me guess...on a last-second missed FG by the Golden Eagles?

OH NO, YOU DIDN'T JUST GO THERE DID YOU?
:Shaking::Shaking::Shaking:
Jc. Because its jc
Elm street Wrote:Jc. Because its jc

Is this some sort of reverse psychology ploy?Confusednicker:
If Ashland can slow down Jude the way he did the backs of Belfry (excluding Trey Willis, he ran well on them) then Ashland can win.

But that's no easy task.
I'll go with Ashland in this game.
Bob Seger Wrote:Is this some sort of reverse psychology ploy?Confusednicker:

Lol! It just seems when ashland plays jc, coming from an ashland fan, jc has more size and physicality than ashland. They look huge. And play hard nosed. Ashland in the past few years (not this one) seems to be a more finess type ball team. I look for it to be closer than the past, but jc wins
I think the best defense will win this one.
I think Ashland will take it this year.
This game has become a great rivalry. I don't know about the Ashland fans but this is a game that we look forward to. Can't wait to see how it plays out this time.
JC 20
Ashland 16
JC-28 Ashland-Blazer- 14
eaglefan98 Wrote:This game has become a great rivalry. I don't know about the Ashland fans but this is a game that we look forward to. Can't wait to see how it plays out this time.

We love this game as well. Can't wait to see JJ Jude again I love how hard he plays such a joy to watch. That being said I believe the schedule Ashland has played has prepared them for this game.

Ashland 24

JC 21

Should be a dandy
Will def be the game to watch this friday im sure putnam will be rockin and packed.
[quote=Diogenes]In week two, I would've taken Ashland, no contest. However, JC has looked much better, especially on pass D which was the part that looked really shaky in early season, and Ashland has just been looking less and less impressive. Plus, they do tend to have brain lock when presented with black and gold the last half of this decade...

This one will be a joy. This is a true football gut check.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. JC has beaten 1 good team Perry CC. The others were Heath/joke, Clay Co/who is even worse with only 1 win this year, St Thomas, Logan, Boyd, Greenup are average teams that JC should have and did beat soundly. Then we have Rowan which is a good team that you should have beat.

Ashland has played 3 very good teams George Washington L by 4 pts., Ironton W by 22 pts., and Belfry L by 1 pt. Russell and Rowan are good teams and the rest are average teams. Since you think Ashland is looking less and less impressive maybe you wouldn't mind to share with us at what point or game, you observed them start to slide this year?
gapman Wrote:[quote=Diogenes]In week two, I would've taken Ashland, no contest. However, JC has looked much better, especially on pass D which was the part that looked really shaky in early season, and Ashland has just been looking less and less impressive. Plus, they do tend to have brain lock when presented with black and gold the last half of this decade...

This one will be a joy. This is a true football gut check.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. JC has beaten 1 good team Perry CC. The others were Heath/joke, Clay Co/who is even worse with only 1 win this year, St Thomas, Logan, Boyd, Greenup are average teams that JC should have and did beat soundly. Then we have Rowan which is a good team that you should have beat.

Ashland has played 3 very good teams George Washington L by 4 pts., Ironton W by 22 pts., and Belfry L by 1 pt. Russell and Rowan are good teams and the rest are average teams. Since you think Ashland is looking less and less impressive maybe you wouldn't mind to share with us at what point or game, you observed them start to slide this year?
Johnson Central lost to PCC by 8 points at home. Neither Rowan nor Russell are what most people would consider good teams this season. Rowan gave up boatloads of points to bad teams and the result of their game with Johnson Central was very predictable. BTW, Logan's only loss this season was to Johnson Central and the Wildcats have been steadily moving up the WV AAA polls. They were a much better team than Rowan County and they always have some very good athletes.

Regardless of how strong JC's schedule has or has not been, the Golden Eagles will always have a potent offense by the time that they play their last district game. The biggest challenge that Ashland has faced the past 5 years has been Coach Jim Matney and it will remain the Tomcats' biggest hurdle next Friday night.
Johnson Central in a close one.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:[quote=gapman]Johnson Central lost to PCC by 8 points at home. Neither Rowan nor Russell are what most people would consider good teams this season. Rowan gave up boatloads of points to bad teams and the result of their game with Johnson Central was very predictable. BTW, Logan's only loss this season was to Johnson Central and the Wildcats have been steadily moving up the WV AAA polls. They were a much better team than Rowan County and they always have some very good athletes.

Regardless of how strong JC's schedule has or has not been, the Golden Eagles will always have a potent offense by the time that they play their last district game. The biggest challenge that Ashland has faced the past 5 years has been Coach Jim Matney and it will remain the Tomcats' biggest hurdle next Friday night.

Rowan and Russell have both faded the last of this season. Teams are either going backward or forward this time of the year. If you want to make the point that JC is moving forward, I could hardly disagree. Another team that is still moving in the right direction is Ashland. Ashland's schedule has been the stronger of the two this year and last year's game talk was all about JC's better schedule.

At game time of 2009 Ashland was every bit your equal. Last year Ashland had several guys down with injuries that would have helped the cause. This year we'll have to see. BTW, thanks for not bringing up the field goal. :igiveup:
Should be an electric atmosphere, a dandy game and a packed house. Might want to get there early if you want a good seat for this barn burner.
Ashland by a TD
I got Ashland as a -9.5 point HOME favorite in this one. Goodluck to both teams.
Ashland by 2 TD's. I've said it before, Belfry is the best team Ashland will play all year until playoff time, likewise, I said the same about Ashland being the best team Belfry will play unless they meet Central again. Shame Ashland has to be in 4A, if they were in 3A, they'd be unreal. Coach Hart's weakness is no real special teams play (kicker/punter), and that will hurt them in the playoffs. I wish Hart the best, one of my favorites from the 80's coaching staff at EKU.
gapman Wrote:[quote=Hoot Gibson]

Rowan and Russell have both faded the last of this season. Teams are either going backward or forward this time of the year. If you want to make the point that JC is moving forward, I could hardly disagree. Another team that is still moving in the right direction is Ashland. A[U]shland's schedule has been the stronger of the two this year and last year's game talk was all about JC's better schedule.[/U]

At game time of 2009 Ashland was every bit your equal. Last year Ashland had several guys down with injuries that would have helped the cause. This year we'll have to see. BTW, thanks for not bringing up the field goal. :igiveup:

I do not believe strength of schedule will come into play in this game. Neither schedule is very strong, so do not think it will be a factor. The key to game will be if Ashland can slow down JC's running game. I look for JC to win by 2 scores.