Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 4a state title.
birds - alot to a little
sstack Wrote:Highlands has two very good QB's returning next year!

So does Lex Catholic...They have Bolin and their freshaman/ JV QB this year, Reese Ryan. They also have a running back by commitee ( Logan, Mitchell, Snowden, Kumengisa ) and a freshaman to be Jalen Jones. Not to mentioned a 6'4 freshman reciever, returning receiver ( Bouvier, Guidry, the Nash triplet brothers ) Not saying that they are championship material....but they will be in the mix. Good luck to all the contenders in the 4A this year.
well i guess KHSAA might as well give Highlands the TITLE the way everyone talking
If it Rains Between Now and Playoffs i say highlands Will Win it
Highlands will win 4A hands down. The only team with any chance will be CovCath and I expect Mueller to have his boys ready in the rematch. Bluebirds by at least 3 TDs.
rebel 4 life Wrote:If it Rains Between Now and Playoffs i say highlands Will Win it

They are calling for rain tonight!Confusednicker:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Highlands will see Lexington Catholic in the playoffs. Highlands will win in the end but next year with Bolin returning, the shoe will be on the other foot.

Highlands is loaded for at least 2 more seasons. Ask Boyle's freshmen team from last year if Highlands has any good players waiting in the wings. Highlands loses Towles and the 2 Bruns, and a couple other starters, but they don't lose much.
The second best team in 4A practices against Highlands everyday. It's the 2nd string.
Well let's say who is the best public school in 4A
rustyankle Wrote:Well let's say who is the best public school in 4A

That too is Highlands! Yes, not sure where you have been, but Highlands is a PUBLIC SCHOOL.
Highlands is an Independent school not a public....school boundaries for a public school are the county lines....Independents are city limits
Wideleft01 Wrote:The second best team in 4A practices against Highlands everyday. It's the 2nd string.

:lame:
haha that post is great
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands is loaded for at least 2 more seasons. Ask Boyle's freshmen team from last year if Highlands has any good players waiting in the wings. Highlands loses Towles and the 2 Bruns, and a couple other starters, but they don't lose much.

Who cares about a freshman game? Confusednicker:

How did Boyle County get brought up in this particular conversation? :insane:

Look, plain and simple. I feel that Lexington Catholic will have the best team in 4A next year. Don't try to convince me otherwise. I have my opinion and sticking with it, as I'm sure you will do the same.
i wouldn't count out boyle county, lex cath and cov cath. boyle county was right with highlands at the half 22-14, just couldnt execute in the second half. cov cath had the chance to beat highlands but fell 42-37. wouldnt suprise me if any of these teams won it.
I think its obvious, Highlands!
rockfan11 Wrote:i wouldn't count out boyle county, lex cath and cov cath. boyle county was right with highlands at the half 22-14, just couldnt execute in the second half. cov cath had the chance to beat highlands but fell 42-37. wouldnt suprise me if any of these teams won it.

Count me in as someone who would be suprised.:biggrin:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Who cares about a freshman game? Confusednicker:

How did Boyle County get brought up in this particular conversation? :insane:

Look, plain and simple. I feel that Lexington Catholic will have the best team in 4A next year. Don't try to convince me otherwise. I have my opinion and sticking with it, as I'm sure you will do the same.

Boyle should never be brought up when we're talking teams with a state championship in their future. Boyle will never win another state football title.
They're done.
chance_rollin Wrote:Highlands is an Independent school not a public....school boundaries for a public school are the county lines....Independents are city limits
Independent schools are public schools
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Independents actually have a larger concentration of their students from a smaller area, where as county schools get kids from the whole county.

What's the difference if a kid lives 10 miles from Boyle County, but is in Boyle county and he goes to Boyle Co. Versus a kid who lives 3 miles from Highlands and he goes to Highlands, but he's outside of Ft. Thomas and considered in Campbell County's district? The kid would have to pay tuition to go to Highlands even though he's closer to Highlands than Campbell County, and Highlands gives him a better education and athletic options. Pay the tuition and go to Highlands, it's a no brainer.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle should never be brought up when we're talking teams with a state championship in their future. Boyle will never win another state football title.
They're done.
Your killing me bro!:biggrin:
Highlands....... This one is a no Brainer
So why did HIGHLANDS dropped down from 5A to 4A???? Perhaps they ducking from Bowling Green or John Hardin? Or matbe even the mountain power Harlan County??? Maybe they though that the 4A is a cake walk... Wrong Highlands. Your going have to earn this one. You might just win it all, but you will be battered and tattered up along the way. ( Lex Cath, Cov Cath, Bolye Co. Rockcastle Co. Lone Oak ) just a few to mention. So Highlands fans, keep thinking that way, it might just back fire on your face.
FBfan4life Wrote:So why did HIGHLANDS dropped down from 5A to 4A???? Perhaps they ducking from Bowling Green or John Hardin? Or matbe even the mountain power Harlan County??? Maybe they though that the 4A is a cake walk... Wrong Highlands. Your going have to earn this one. You might just win it all, but you will be battered and tattered up along the way. ( Lex Cath, Cov Cath, Bolye Co. Rockcastle Co. Lone Oak ) just a few to mention. So Highlands fans, keep thinking that way, it might just back fire on your face.

Highlands dropped down to 4A because they were only beating the 5A teams from the western part of the state in the finals by an average of about 30pts. That margin did rise to 50 last year, but Highlands was worried it might fall into the 40's this season. Therefore, they opted to move down.

Did Highlands ever lose a game in 5A? The answer is No. In the history of 5A, Highlands is the only team to ever win a title. Western Ky teams in the finals are a joke. The brackets should be worked so that no one is subjected to having to watch one of the teams from the west in the finals. Work it so Highlands could play Covcath, Bell, Johnson Central, boyle, Lexcath. Anybody but a team from Western Ky in the finals and maybe they'll go back to 5A. Western Ky teams have no business playing Highlands.
FBfan4life Wrote:So why did HIGHLANDS dropped down from 5A to 4A???? Perhaps they ducking from Bowling Green or John Hardin? Or matbe even the mountain power Harlan County??? Maybe they though that the 4A is a cake walk... Wrong Highlands. Your going have to earn this one. You might just win it all, but you will be battered and tattered up along the way. ( Lex Cath, Cov Cath, Bolye Co. Rockcastle Co. Lone Oak ) just a few to mention. So Highlands fans, keep thinking that way, it might just back fire on your face.

As a "FBfan", on a KY football blog, you would think that you would understand how teams are classified in KY. Highlands did not choose to drop down to 4A. The KHSAA moved them. HHS would not be ducking any of the 5 A teams...How many straight 5A titles has HHS won? I believe that would be 4... I do agree, however, that the teams you mention in 4 A appear to be legit. We already know that Cov Cath and Boyle are.
I was being sarcastic in my reply. I know how the teams are classified. Actually, this season is a great example of why there should still only be 4 classes. There would be intrigue for anticipated matchups rather than mundane games in the playoffs. You can award the trophies now. There's not much mystery as to who will win the titles.
Here's what I know. Highlands is the favorite this season. However for all u highlands fans that think it is gonna be easy wake up! Your second string is just that second string. Its not gonna beat anyone but maybe the bad teams you play. Lex catn, cov cath, johnson cent, rockastle, boyle, and several others will have a say this year. As far as next season goes you won't be the favorite. Kyle bolin and Lexington catholic will take over that role. With only 11 seniors and most of the skill players and defense returning I think you'll find post towels era a little tougher. That said next season will be wide open as well good luck to all.
i think highlands has the best chance to win, but there are a lot of other good teams out there that can make a run for it. Russell and Rockcastle had a awesome battle two weeks ago and may end up playing again in the playoffs and who ever wins that may play highlands. it will be a good 4A playoffs this year
hardworktoday Wrote:Here's what I know. Highlands is the favorite this season. However for all u highlands fans that think it is gonna be easy wake up! Your second string is just that second string. Its not gonna beat anyone but maybe the bad teams you play. Lex catn, cov cath, johnson cent, rockastle, boyle, and several others will have a say this year. As far as next season goes you won't be the favorite. Kyle bolin and Lexington catholic will take over that role. With only 11 seniors and most of the skill players and defense returning I think you'll find post towels era a little tougher. That said next season will be wide open as well good luck to all.

Highlands is 35 pts better than Lexcath right now. That margin will decease next year. Highlands should only be about 17-24pts better than Lexcath next year. Lexcath is a chuck and duck weak team.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands is 35 pts better than Lexcath right now. That margin will decease next year. Highlands should only be about 17-24pts better than Lexcath next year. Lexcath is a chuck and duck weak team.

Isn't that what you said about the cov cath game. Last I remember Johnson cent was within a td in the playoffs last year. Highlands is such a good team it's a shame they have people like you to make them look like punks.you're not 35 points better than any team we've talked about good luck and get real. I guess u think you're 35 points better than trinity as well ? Oh yeah they kicked the crap out of you