Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan @ Johnson central
who wins?
No defense for Rowan County+ JJ Jude= ugly fast. Johnson Central 56-20.
I think this game will be closer than a lot of people expect.

First, JC is one of those 4A teams that hasn't had any games to compare them to the rest of the class. Their schedule has been one of the easiest of the top 15 teams in 4A. They've only played one descent team (PCC), and lost to them at home. So, in all reality if you were to look at this years JC team with no bias from their prior years, they just haven't proven themselves yet. They have no quality wins this year. The KY opponents in the games they have won AVG a ranking of #158 (Massey Rankings). They may very well be as good as they've been given credit to be, but in all honesty the jury is still out on JC.

Second, from what I understand, Rowan may be back to 100% for the first time in a few weeks, and they definitely have the offense to make this a game. Jude will have plenty of yards, but if JC's defense doesn't step up and make some plays, Rowan can trade scores all night.

I expect JC to pull it out by a few, but it may very well be their last win of the regular season with Ashland and Belfry looming ahead.
Johnson Central BIG!!!!!!!!
Johnson Central by at least 3 TD's
laker20 Wrote:I think this game will be closer than a lot of people expect.

First, JC is one of those 4A teams that hasn't had any games to compare them to the rest of the class. Their schedule has been one of the easiest of the top 15 teams in 4A. They've only played one descent team (PCC), and lost to them at home. So, in all reality if you were to look at this years JC team with no bias from their prior years, they just haven't proven themselves yet. They have no quality wins this year. The KY opponents in the games they have won AVG a ranking of #158 (Massey Rankings). They may very well be as good as they've been given credit to be, but in all honesty the jury is still out on JC.

Second, from what I understand, Rowan may be back to 100% for the first time in a few weeks, and they definitely have the offense to make this a game. Jude will have plenty of yards, but if JC's defense doesn't step up and make some plays, Rowan can trade scores all night.

I expect JC to pull it out by a few, but it may very well be their last win of the regular season with Ashland and Belfry looming ahead.

I like JC in this game and I like them in the Ashland game also.
Johnson Central has two big games looming back to back, to be sure. They have to come to Ashland on the 21st, then they have to go up to the CAM on the 28th. If Belfry can in any way match the intensity they had in their game against Ashland, JC will be in for a long night.

I haven't seen JC play this year and I know their schedule is weak compared to those of late. Haven't heard much talk about JC's line play this year, Rowan's got a very big line and if they can assert themselves early they could make a game of it.
The only thing that will possibly stop Johnson Central from scoring at will against Rowan County will be turnovers. The Golden Eagles will roll by at least 3 touchdowns.
Jc-44
rc-21
If JC dosen't beat RC by 40 at home this tells me they won't beat Ashland the following week at Putnam. This game will be a pretty good indicator of what will hapen the following week.
JC 52
RC 10
JC by 21
Im taking rowan in this one.
Rowan just doesn't have the D to win against a quality opponent. The Golden Eagles should roll in this one.
I'll have to go with JC.
JC wins BIG
JC can't stop a good passer. Wing will have a field day.

That being said, Rowan can't stop anything. The only hope they have is for JC to fumble the ball and/or make horrible drive-killing penalties and mistakes, because if JC doesn't stop themselves, the Vikings sure won't do it, either.

This is a game where Jude could set another state record, and every single yard of it might be necessary to win.

JC 68, RC 52, with huge plays going both ways down the field all night long. In the end, I think the Eagles make a few more plays on the ground than the Vikings manage through the air.
Rowan pulls off the upset!

Healthy an a great offense looks like a shootout to me. Probably who has ball last wins this one! If Boyd scored 20 on them Rowan will score 40+
I'll say
Rowan 47
JCC 40
This game is one of those trap games when it comes to predictions. 1st off Rowan Co. has had some injuries to some key players (who returned this week by the way) and still has been putting up some big numbers. 2nd Rowan Co. still hasn't stopped anybody this year. 3rd JC has got Jude but has not done much else has really developed if some team is able to stop him (or at least hold him in check). So this is one of those games that you just kind of want to stay away from but at least want to know what is going on when they play.
48-35 jc
BADCAT74 Wrote:Rowan pulls off the upset!

Healthy an a great offense looks like a shootout to me. Probably who has ball last wins this one! If Boyd scored 20 on them Rowan will score 40+
I'll say
Rowan 47
JCC 40

Boyd scored 20 because JC had JV and freshman defense in. Unlike the Boyd game, where Boyd put up 46 against Rowan's best effort. Not saying it couldn't be an upset, but that's something to keep in mind...

Of course "JCC" may not show up for this game at all... Confusedhh:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Rowan pulls off the upset!

I'll say
Rowan 47
JCC 40

Heck, Boyd put up 20 points on Ashland as well but Rowan only managed to hang 10 on you all. Does that mean that Rowan has a less prolific offense than Boyd? Nope. No two teams match up with the same opponent equally, so to make a statement like that is really ludicrous. Honestly, it depends on how JC subs when and if they get this game in hand and how much time they take during the week to prepare their defense for this contest.

Living in the Ashland area, I have had the privilege of watching the Tomcats play several times this year. Ashland has a much improved defensive line that always seems to fire off the ball and get good penetration. #74 seems to be their emotional leader; he could get a tackle after the opposition's RB picked up 4 yards, walk 15 more trying to get the crowd involved. Their secondary is fairly quick, #6 is probably the best overall player in my opinion for Ashland, and does a good job tackling in the open field. Their QB seems to be more comfortable scrambling and throwing on the run rather than in the pocket. Last season, MLB #60 impressed me the most, but this year I haven't seen much out of him. I'm not sure if a new kid is wearing his number or it could be the fact that the DL is much stronger, but I really haven't seen much out of him.

Now the whole spill on Ashland is that with their vast improvements, they still allowed Boyd to put up 20. I was at the JC game vs. Boyd and they were subbing various players in on the defensive side of the ball for the remaining of the game with about 6 minutes left in the first half. I did not attend the Ashland vs. Boyd game, so that could very well be the same thing that happened to them. If it is, which I suspect it probably was, not much separate these two defenses. I did not make that last statement by the score of their one common opponent, but from actually watching both teams and from an unbiased point of view.

When and if JC gets a manageable lead, I suspect they will start to sub periodically on defense.

JC-38
RC-24

BC74, if you are the #74 player from Ashland, you are pretty good player. I also like the atmosphere at Putnam, one of my favorite places to watch a game. Being a former player in high school and college, hearing the White Stripes break out at critical points in the game gives me chills. Only something that people that strapped them up can truly appreciate. Good luck this week with Greenup.
DALE Wrote:Heck, Boyd put up 20 points on Ashland as well but Rowan only managed to hang 10 on you all. Does that mean that Rowan has a less prolific offense than Boyd? Nope. No two teams match up with the same opponent equally, so to make a statement like that is really ludicrous. Honestly, it depends on how JC subs when and if they get this game in hand and how much time they take during the week to prepare their defense for this contest.

Living in the Ashland area, I have had the privilege of watching the Tomcats play several times this year. Ashland has a much improved defensive line that always seems to fire off the ball and get good penetration. #74 seems to be their emotional leader; he could get a tackle after the opposition's RB picked up 4 yards, walk 15 more trying to get the crowd involved. Their secondary is fairly quick, #6 is probably the best overall player in my opinion for Ashland, and does a good job tackling in the open field. Their QB seems to be more comfortable scrambling and throwing on the run rather than in the pocket. Last season, MLB #60 impressed me the most, but this year I haven't seen much out of him. I'm not sure if a new kid is wearing his number or it could be the fact that the DL is much stronger, but I really haven't seen much out of him.

Now the whole spill on Ashland is that with their vast improvements, they still allowed Boyd to put up 20. I was at the JC game vs. Boyd and they were subbing various players in on the defensive side of the ball for the remaining of the game with about 6 minutes left in the first half. I did not attend the Ashland vs. Boyd game, so that could very well be the same thing that happened to them. If it is, which I suspect it probably was, not much separate these two defenses. I did not make that last statement by the score of their one common opponent, but from actually watching both teams and from an unbiased point of view.

When and if JC gets a manageable lead, I suspect they will start to sub periodically on defense.

JC-38
RC-24

BC74, if you are the #74 player from Ashland, you are pretty good player. I also like the atmosphere at Putnam, one of my favorite places to watch a game. Being a former player in high school and college, hearing the White Stripes break out at critical points in the game gives me chills. Only something that people that strapped them up can truly appreciate. Good luck this week with Greenup.

Dale, BC74 is not an Ashland football player, he's is just a tomcat supporter who loves to visit the nest and listen to the music. Confusednicker:
Rowan 18 Johnson Central 58 Rowan has no DEFENSE !!!!!
:popcorn:
DALE Wrote:Heck, Boyd put up 20 points on Ashland as well but Rowan only managed to hang 10 on you all. Does that mean that Rowan has a less prolific offense than Boyd? Nope. No two teams match up with the same opponent equally, so to make a statement like that is really ludicrous. Honestly, it depends on how JC subs when and if they get this game in hand and how much time they take during the week to prepare their defense for this contest.

Living in the Ashland area, I have had the privilege of watching the Tomcats play several times this year. Ashland has a much improved defensive line that always seems to fire off the ball and get good penetration. #74 seems to be their emotional leader; he could get a tackle after the opposition's RB picked up 4 yards, walk 15 more trying to get the crowd involved. Their secondary is fairly quick, #6 is probably the best overall player in my opinion for Ashland, and does a good job tackling in the open field. Their QB seems to be more
comfortable scrambling and throwing on the run rather than in the pocket. Last season, MLB #60 impressed me the most, but this year I haven't seen much out of him. I'm not sure if a new kid is wearing his number or it could be the fact that the DL is much stronger, but I really haven't seen much out of him.

JC-38
RC-24

BC74, if you are the #74 player from Ashland, you are pretty good player. I
also like the atmosphere at Putnam, one of my favorite places to watch a game. Being a former player in high school and college, hearing the White Stripes break out at critical points in the game gives me chills. Only something
that people that strapped them up can truly appreciate. Good luck this week
with Greenup.

Umm no not me... About 20+ yrs ago same #. But yess I agree he is a tremendous football player.
An yes that's same thing Boyd did to Ashland, they did score one early but other 2 were late in 4 quarter. I still Rowan beats em. They got the tools to sling that ball all over the place. They will have to stop Jude though. An that's a tall order for there defense??
Diogenes Wrote:JC can't stop a good passer. Wing will have a field day.

That being said, Rowan can't stop anything. The only hope they have is for JC to fumble the ball and/or make horrible drive-killing penalties and mistakes, because if JC doesn't stop themselves, the Vikings sure won't do it, either.

This is a game where Jude could set another state record, and every single yard of it might be necessary to win.

JC 68, RC 52, with huge plays going both ways down the field all night long. In the end, I think the Eagles make a few more plays on the ground than the Vikings manage through the air.
I disagree, JC can stop the pass but it has to be a complete effort by the whole defense. There is no doubt that JC lacks the speed in the secondary to lock down speedy recivers for an extended amount of time. That being said they can cover we just need to turn our line loose for a pass rush so our defensive backs are not on an island for so long. We have never done that. I think we are scared of the screen pass and the running ability of the quarterback. Shane and Quade are much improved at the linebacker spot so they should be able to contain those plays. We have two outstanding ends in Brody Mullins and Ross Sanor and a good defensive line so I say send them and put as much pressure on the QB as possible (i.e. Belfry>Ashland). We would give up a few big plays but more pressure would mean less time to throw and more turnovers. I would use J.J. as a straight blitzer, move him around, bring him off the edge one play, up the middle on another. That's just an oppinion. Matney has been doing this a long time and I am sure he sees the whole picture and will take this team as far as possible in the playoffs.
JC will not be worrying about Belfrey or Ashland, they have Rowan first. That being said Matney teams always play better as the year goes on. This is one of his younger, but more talented groups and they are playing much better each week.

This will be senior night and the last home game so emotionss will be high. Rowan will learn what playing Smashmouth at the Nest is all about. Every team we have played has used the gun, so our Defense has seen all the tricks. Rowan needs to be respected but JC in a big win here.
Read the post a little closer I didn't sayanything about JC playing Ashland or Belfry. I was using an example of how Belfry's pass rush kept Ashland's passing game at bay.
Old School Wrote:Dale, BC74 is not an Ashland football player, he's is just a tomcat supporter who loves to visit the nest and listen to the music. Confusednicker:

Yeah man, he really digs the place and the atmosphere. Everyone will also be able to easily spot him in the crowd too. He'll be the one standing, waving his BIC lighter demanding an encore.Confusednicker:
All I know is Rowan can light the scoreboard up, BUT they also give up ALOT of points. I look for this to be a high scoring shootout, but for Rowan to pull the upset, they will have to rely on Jude to fumble the ball a couple of times, which is very RARE.

JC - 56
RC - 42
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Johnson Central-48
Rowan Co.-29