Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 48 Jackson County 21
FINAL

[Image: http://www.christianbooks.uk.com/shop/im...20Pray.JPG]
congrats to Middlesboro
Good win Jackets!
pretty good game i guess. I'd like to know the stats.
Their local paper reports 55, but no stats.
when did Jackson Co. score the 21 pts?
it was 55
The Middlesboro Yellow Jackets bounced back strong from last week’s heart-breaker against Harlan.

Senior quarterback Chase Roark threw for five touchdowns and ran for another in leading MHS to a 55-21 romp at Jackson County Friday night.

Coach Randy Frazier was happy to see his team come out and take care of business against the Generals.

“We played extremely well tonight,” he said. “I thought it was very important for our defense to come out ready to play and they did that.”

The Jackets held Jackson County to just one first down in the first half .

Middlesboro led 21-0 after one quarter and 35-0 by halftime.

“We played very well against the run. They came out in a wishbone and Jackson County was bigger than we thought,” Frazier said. “They out-sized us up front and they’re strong, but we were able to contain them. We’ve got to be able to build on that and move forward.”

Complete scoring details were not available by press time, but Frazier said that he was able to play a lot of young players, starting in the second quarter. The starters came back in for one possession in the second half and the freshmen were playing most of the fourth quarter.

“We got to play a lot of kids and this was great experience for them,” he said.

Back-up quarterback Major Edwards returned to action after injuring an ankle against Bell County and also threw a touchdown pass in the game.

“I was just very pleased with how everything went tonight,” Frazier added.

Middlesboro (3-2) plays at Morgan County next Friday while Jackson County (0-5) has an open date before hosting Morgan County on Sept. 30.

Read more: The Middlesboro Daily News - Jackets roll to 55 21 win at Jackson Co
Someone might want to correct the score because all reports are showing that Middlesboro won 55-12! With that said, its good to see Middlesboro back on the winning side of things because they're going to get tested over the next 4 weeks and it will be insteresting to see how they respond!

Congrats Yellowjackets!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON