•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Gets a BIG Transfer?
Irish Wrote:Jaysean's GPA is not good, which is probably why Logan didn't want him; however, a Niagara Falls player beat him to it so they probably couldn't make recruiting more OBVIOUS.

We all know recruiting has happened so stop pretending it didn't or that it is just the way you do things in Kentucky. We all know if Jaysean stays and plays and wins for Perry Central, no one will care about whether he has enough credits to graduate in the spring or whether he makes it to D1 because all you care about is your state title. Remember, he has to keep his grades up (I presume) in Kentucky and that could be a challenge for him.
I hope his mother makes it down there in time for the KHSAA investigation oh wait, posters have said it's just a formality so the rules and regulations apply according to whom you know. I guess the Hatchers are part of the in crowd.

Check out this article Irish. He'll do fine at PCC!:biglmao:

http://hazard-herald.com/pages/full_stor...eft_column
^wow, I shoulda took my ACT there, I would prob b DR instead of a miner.
ballstar Wrote:[quote=ANEWPAT]

I dont think its anything to laugh about concerning a kids grade. If he struggles in the classroom then he may need special attention. Nothing to laugh about, IMO!!! I think talking about a kids grades on a website is a little to personnal.

Chill Out! I wasn't talking about the kid's grades. I have said absolutely nothing on this website about any kid's grades. I was laughing at the comment that in Kentucky schools grades come before sports. Point was if that were true the schools would be recruiting valedictorians instead of athletes.
ballstar Wrote:^wow, I shoulda took my ACT there, I would prob b DR instead of a miner.

Well the ACT investigation noted that there was "excessive erasing" and they believed that the "assisted" ACT tests were given incorrectly.

Assisted ACT tests are given to special needs students.

So if you were special needs student or changed your mind about answers a lot you may have gotten your score DQ'd.

BTW....
Is there any reason as to why the ACT scores keep coming up?
You don't have to make a certain ACT score to play....
so it really isn't an issue.

I guess it's easier to bring that up than make a legitimate argument about how anyone in the 14th is going to top Perry Central this year, though.

Maybe that's why it comes up.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well the ACT investigation noted that there was "excessive erasing" and they believed that the "assisted" ACT tests were given incorrectly.

So if you were special needs student or changed your mind about answers a lot you may have gotten your score DQ'd.

BTW....
Is there any reason as to why the ACT scores keep coming up?
You don't have to make a certain ACT score to play....

I guess it's easier to bring that up than make a legitimate argument about how anyone in the 14th is going to top Perry Central this year, though.

Ur prob right ZAGA. I just dont like ppl to get on a public website and make it known to the world that a child/kid struggles in the classroom. I dont care if is at pcc, cordia or any other school for that matter.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well the ACT investigation noted that there was "excessive erasing" and they believed that the "assisted" ACT tests were given incorrectly.

BTW....
Is there any reason as to why the ACT scores keep coming up?You don't have to make a certain ACT score to play....

Ah, only because someone at PCC cheated and they got caught! If this young man needs help academically he went to the right place. Take off the red and black blinders Zaga! You have good Coaches and good players, but the Perry County Administration needs to be locked up!

There has been plenty of "legitimate arguments" on here, mainly this. If Jaysean gets his average of 26ppg, the rest of the team will only get about 22ppg. I bet they will be ok with that.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Ah, only because someone at PCC cheated and they got caught! If this young man needs help academically he went to the right place. Take off the red and black blinders Zaga! You have good Coaches and good players, but the Perry County Administration needs to be locked up!

There has been plenty of "legitimate arguments" on here, mainly this. If Jaysean gets his average of 26ppg, the rest of the team will only get about 22ppg. I bet they will be ok with that.

lol thats what iam sayn...No kid of his cliber is gonna come in his senior year and settle for less. He'll get his but the other players on the team gonna have to fight each other for the rest. IMO
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Ah, only because someone at PCC cheated and they got caught! If this young man needs help academically he went to the right place. Take off the red and black blinders Zaga! You have good Coaches and good players, but the Perry County Administration needs to be locked up!

#1) I'll wear whatever blinders I want to wear.
#2) If he needed help academically he should've just stayed in NY where the grades don't matter.
#3) PCC doesn't administer the test anymore so any argument you have about that is utterly void and will be until the end of time.
#4) Go big red Wink
#5) Legitimate arguments are definitely going on in this thread.
#6) They don't involve ACT scores
#7) The only problems found with administering tests were with the special needs students.
#8) See #4
#9) No special needs students were on the basketball team.
#10) I'm still not seeing the link between ACT scores, basketball, and this transfer.
When people start justifying cheating to help sports, there are serious problems. All I can say about the ACT article is WOW. Shameful, pitiful, etc.
Oh yeah, basketball is everything, cheating is worth it, right? This is a perfect example of how adults ruin sports for KIDS.
he will get his average and maybe more playing team ball! hatcher aint gonna let him be a one man show!
Irish Wrote:When people start justifying cheating to help sports, there are serious problems. All I can say about the ACT article is WOW. Shameful, pitiful, etc.
Oh yeah, basketball is everything, cheating is worth it, right? This is a perfect example of how adults ruin sports for KIDS.

There is no link between the ACT investigation and basketball.
Please don't insinuate otherwise.
zaga_fan Wrote:#1) I'll wear whatever blinders I want to wear.
#2) If he needed help academically he should've just stayed in NY where the grades don't matter.
#3) PCC doesn't administer the test anymore so any argument you have about that is utterly void and will be until the end of time.
#4) Go big red Wink
#7) The only problems found with administering tests were with the special needs students.
#8) See #4
#10) I'm still not seeing the link between ACT scores, basketball, and this transfer.

#2 Right on!!! #10 Me either.
zaga_fan Wrote:Jaysean's papers for eligibility have been mailed in and the KHSAA should have a decision in by next week.

Will he keep his grades up?
I don't know

Where does his mom live?
I don't know

What is his favorite color?
I don't know

What was his favorite toy as a child?
I don't know

All I know is that by next week we'll know if he will suit up for football.
And that's all that matters Smile

To me Wink
Amen.

From what I've heard, they're going to run a more uptempo style offense. So they'll probably average between 60-75 points a game. They'll be plenty of points distributed between the team.
Irish Wrote:When people start justifying cheating to help sports, there are serious problems. All I can say about the ACT article is WOW. Shameful, pitiful, etc.

Hey mr. Irish!!! U seem to know alot about this kid. Are u like his past or present coach? Uve already basically said he was a complete failure in the classroom and that he would b lucky to ever graduate highschool. Anything else u would like to add about him.

And if u r his former coach dont u feel alittle responible for his grade situation?? I remember the horse and water thing u talked about but u can come with something better than that cant ya.

You clearly are a moron sir. And for the record everyone who took the act during the "scandal" had to retake it to make sure no wrong doing went on.

Are you to stupid to read and understand that is was "SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS".
[quote=dore20]Are you to stupid to read and understand that is was "SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS".[/QUOT

Irish thinks the new pcc kid is special needs if u read his post.
Aslan certainly seems to know more about Jaysean Paige than I do! Good luck Jaysean whatever the outcome. Study hard because b-ball is shortlived.
Irish Wrote:Aslan certainly seems to know more about Jaysean Paige than I do! Good luck Jaysean whatever the outcome. Study hard because b-ball is shortlived.

U have been the one talking about his classroom performance so u must know him from where he came from.
Aslan Wrote:^What? lol

I think he might have meant it towards me. Im not sure though.
dore20 Wrote:I think he might have meant it towards me. Im not sure though.

they obviously have no idea what they was talking about lol
ah boys...
zaga_fan Wrote:ah boys...

Hey zaga, u think Irish may know a little more about this kid than the average person from eastern ky???
zaga_fan Wrote:#1) I'll wear whatever blinders I want to wear.
#4) Go big red Wink
#8) See #4

#4 :Thumbs:
#10 - I dont see a link either Zaga
ballstar Wrote:Hey zaga, u think Irish may know a little more about this kid than the average person from eastern ky???

Buddy, from this guy talks he is either a stalker or he's a sports agent that wants to ship him overseas because of his grades.

I don't know which one it is yet.

Irish:
Can you please let me know how you know so much via PM?
Confusedtare:
I love to watch great players hoop, I dont care where they r from. Whether its elisha justice from valley, whitaker from HHS(BELL), Cox from KCC(JBS), beverly from PCC or cameron justice from KCC(EAST RIDGE), I could go on for days. Its worth the price of admission to see these kids. Cant wait till season starts!!!!

OH YEAH, and Paige at PCC(NY), sure hope he is what they say he is!!!!!
Hey guys, read the East Ridge post. If that poster is for real, the flood gates have been open.
I hear that he already wants to go back, doesnt like it in the mountains
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next