Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overrated Team In College Basketball?
i have 3.

Lousiville-weak schedule
Memphis-a top 15 team but not top 5
Gonzaga-nuthing without morrison. had some bad losses
Texas
"golfman42" Wrote:i have 3.

Lousiville-weak schedule
Memphis-a top 15 team but not top 5
Gonzaga-nuthing without morrison. had some bad losses
What's Duke without Red****? What's The Cavs without LeBron, you can't use that as an argument.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:What's Duke without Red****? What's The Cavs without LeBron, you can't use that as an argument.

What i'm saying is that gonzaga has had weak teams take them to the wire a few times. It could just be me but i think the zags are overrated.
Louisville
Texas
Louisville is probably one of the most overrated teams in America. They are nowhere near a top 5 team, and maybe not even top 20. Pitino must think he doesn't have much playing a cupcake schedule like he is. That schedule will not prepare them for Big East play.
Memphis is overratd as well. Sure, Darius Washington Jr. is one of the best PG in the game, but similar to U of L, they aren't a top 10 team. They play in a weak conference and their strength of schedule isn't very high. I don't think they've proven themselves yet, and until they do, I'm going to consider them overrated.
Duke
Louisville
Texas
Tennessee
Memphis
I don't think Duke is overrated as of now
Louisville and Texas are the most overrated teams, but I don't think Duke, Gonzaga or Tennessee is really overrated
texas,oklahoma,pittsburgh
Texas, Oklahoma, U of L
"golfman42" Wrote:What i'm saying is that gonzaga has had weak teams take them to the wire a few times. It could just be me but i think the zags are overrated.

Yes, Gonzaga has had a couple weak teams take them to the wire, but they also beat Michigan State in 3 overtimes and they beat Maryland as well. They also beat a young but good Oklahoma State team. One of their losses is a two point loss to UConn, who is arguably the top team in the country right now, and the other one comes to a very good Washington team that has moved up to #10 in the rankings.

I think this Gonzaga team is for real.
texas and louisville
Although I am one of the very few true blue Tubby Smith fans and I love UK but i believe they are way over-rated. They have played several top teams and lost handily. Tubby always has good teams but without a true good big man Kentucky is mediocre at best. At this point they will make the NCAA but not go far.
Give Rondo the green light - he has the potential to be awesome. Use Sparks as the outside threat and awesome passer he is, other wise there are flashes of something at Kentucky but it is not the 1996 NCAA championship with or without Morris. I love 'em but we are lacking greatness and team chemistry.
I agree with all of these teams except Duke....but I would put Oklahoma in the list as well....they are very overrated
i just dont see why everyone says gonzaga isnt overrated. They beat st.louis by 3 and it came down to the last minute. Did i mention it was st. louis? Folks how many close calls already has gonzaga had. They are not for real
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Louisville is probably one of the most overrated teams in America. They are nowhere near a top 5 team, and maybe not even top 20. Pitino must think he doesn't have much playing a cupcake schedule like he is. That schedule will not prepare them for Big East play.
Memphis is overratd as well. Sure, Darius Washington Jr. is one of the best PG in the game, but similar to U of L, they aren't a top 10 team. They play in a weak conference and their strength of schedule isn't very high. I don't think they've proven themselves yet, and until they do, I'm going to consider them overrated.

This boy knows what he is talking about:thumb:
"golfman42" Wrote:i just dont see why everyone says gonzaga isnt overrated. They beat st.louis by 3 and it came down to the last minute. Did i mention it was st. louis? Folks how many close calls already has gonzaga had. They are not for real

Just because Gonzaga nearly got beat by St. Louis does not mean that they aren't for real. In that case, North Carolina must not be for real, since St. Louis kept up with the Tar Heels as well. St. Louis is not that bad of a team. I don't think they're a great team by any means, but they step up to the occasion when they play a really good team, such as Gonzaga or North Carolina. Once again, I'll say that Gonzaga beat Maryland, Michigan State in a classic 3 OT thriller, Oklahoma State, and came two points away from beating UConn. So in that case, is UConn and Michigan State overrated just because Gonzaga played them down to the wire?
U of L
"usedupbutnotfinished" Wrote:Although I am one of the very few true blue Tubby Smith fans and I love UK but i believe they are way over-rated. They have played several top teams and lost handily. Tubby always has good teams but without a true good big man Kentucky is mediocre at best. At this point they will make the NCAA but not go far.
Give Rondo the green light - he has the potential to be awesome. Use Sparks as the outside threat and awesome passer he is, other wise there are flashes of something at Kentucky but it is not the 1996 NCAA championship with or without Morris. I love 'em but we are lacking greatness and team chemistry.

i didnt want to be the 1st to say it so now i will UK is way over-rated i dont really like uk so it dosnt bother me to say this
uk
uk- has the talent but all of them wants to do it their self and wont play with teamwork.
Duke for once is not overrated. Got Reddick ( best 3pt shooter in the game) Williams( Best Defensive player) and McRobets and Polis and Dockery
UK is over rated they cant play team ball they want to do it all by themselves they dont wanna pass when there is 2 or even 3 ppl on them they throw up a stupid shot and air ball it or barley hit the goal...until they learn to play team ball this team is doomed they will be lucky to make it to the NCAA tournement and if they do they wont make it very far unless they play team ball and quit tryin to play 1 on 1...
duke overrated? come on people you have to be KIDDING ME...im not a duke fan by any means, NOR am i a kentucky fan, but you all need to quit going with your hearts and admit that duke is the clear cut class of the ncaa. Louisville and Memphis is WAY overrated, ill agree, and at the first of the year i knew UK wasnt a top 10 team, but now you cant call them overrated, although im starting to doubt that they'll break .500 in the sec. truth is, college basketball is down this year, wait till kansas and north carolina starts to gel, they are going to be ridiculous if they can keep everybody the next 2 or so years. kentucky wont be at that level for awhile. oh yeah, you cant spell DUKE without UK.
:rock:
duke isnt overrated....they beat the #2 texas by 30 when they play...

FLORIDA...someone plz look at this schedule...isnt RIDIOULOUS!!!
go to espn or somethin cuz the toughest team this team has played is SYRACUSE who is barely ranked in the top 25...

this is ridiulous...i still stand by my prediction of 6 or 7 losses by tounry time
Duke is great this year. Uk will be good in 2-3 years. Gettin four 4 start Recruits next year. Morris is stayin 4 years. Memphis, Villanova, Lousville is OverRated. I dont think FLorida is. They have played a Easy Schedule, But have they came close to gettin beat?
Flordia is way overrated.
Louisville, Pitt, Florida, Gonzaga, Ohio st.
"golfman42" Wrote:What i'm saying is that gonzaga has had weak teams take them to the wire a few times. It could just be me but i think the zags are overrated.

If you are gonna say Gonzaga is overrated, then UK is overrated. UK has had very weak teams take them to the wire, they have even had a couple beat them. The only quality win UK has had was against WVU, and if they played again today, WVU would beat UK 20+
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:If you are gonna say Gonzaga is overrated, then UK is overrated. UK has had very weak teams take them to the wire, they have even had a couple beat them. The only quality win UK has had was against WVU, and if they played again today, WVU would beat UK 20+

How could UK could be overrated when they're not even ranked???? Gonzaga is ranked in the top 10 in the country so yes they are overated....