• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 35 - Prestonsburg 34
Final. One Heck of a ballgame...
Never been that nervous since the UK/LSU game a few years back. Kyle Huff played terrible except that last drive. That's the best i've seen him play since he's been at Perry.
I have to take Perry CC a little more seriously than I did before. They make some BIG claims, but they started backing them up tonight. Congratulations.
Literally just got done watching the highlights of this one on Sports OT and it looked like one heck of a game!

Congrats Commodores!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Lots of Penatlies in the game. P-burg was rusty in the 1st half in my opinion. QB was throwing the ball high and finally settled down in the second half. # 1 i found out is a freshmen and hes a player.
Well prestonsburg had to play 2 teams tonight pcc and the refs they gave that game to pcc thats all they r to it
^lol at this guy
Congrads to the officals for winning the 2011 Teco Bowl
I'll give Perry Central's players all the credit in the world, they played one helluva game and so did the Blackcats. However, that was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. The refs honestly didn't know what to call at times and they bailed Perry out that entire 2nd half because honestly, Prestonsburg was putting it on them after playing so bad in the first half on offense. I also didn't realize this was a B-team football game, because Haddix (Perry's coach) was all over the field tonight and the refs allowed every bit of it. Also, on the last touchdown Perry scored they had too many linemen on the LOS. Perry was bailed out on a bogus roughing the passer call on 4th down of that same drive.

Prestonsburg lost Jamerson in the 1st half, but sophomore #11 Grant Anderson and freshman #1 Jarred Jarrell stepped up big-time making great plays. Adam Crisp played a great game IMO. He over threw a few receivers early and Williams & Jamerson dropped a few catches, however the Blackcats played some GREAT football in the 2nd half. The defense was stout all night, especially the line. They had Perry's QB running for his life.

I didn't agree with the two early kickoffs for the Blackcats, as both give Perry excellent field position and Perry scored on one of them.

Hats off to the Robinson boys of Perry also. They were all over the field tonight making tackles.

Don't hang your heads Blackcats, you played a great game tonight without Jamerson most of the way and kept making plays after bad calls and injuries.

Congrats Commodores!
One thing about it # 1 will be a playmaker for years.
In my opinion PCC would have made my Prediction right if it wasnt for the refs. They were horrible.... Guess a win is a win! lol! Give the rookie coach a lil credit, His team beat a dag-gone good team, and a good coach with lots more experience
i would love to watch the game video, only one call. PCC was 4 down and 6 yards for the first down. the ref call a penatlie on p-burg. i didn't see anyone from pburg around the QB on that call.
if that was the right call, Congrats PCC.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'll give Perry Central's players all the credit in the world, they played one helluva game and so did the Blackcats. However, that was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. The refs honestly didn't know what to call at times and they bailed Perry out that entire 2nd half because honestly, Prestonsburg was putting it on them after playing so bad in the first half on offense. I also didn't realize this was a B-team football game, because Haddix (Perry's coach) was all over the field tonight and the refs allowed every bit of it. Also, on the last touchdown Perry scored they had too many linemen on the LOS. Perry was bailed out on a bogus roughing the passer call on 4th down of that same drive.

Prestonsburg lost Jamerson in the 1st half, but sophomore #11 Grant Anderson and freshman #1 Jarred Jarrell stepped up big-time making great plays. Adam Crisp played a great game IMO. He over threw a few receivers early and Williams & Jamerson dropped a few catches, however the Blackcats played some GREAT football in the 2nd half. The defense was stout all night, especially the line. They had Perry's QB running for his life.

I didn't agree with the two early kickoffs for the Blackcats, as both give Perry excellent field position and Perry scored on one of them.

Hats off to the Robinson boys of Perry also. They were all over the field tonight making tackles.

Don't hang your heads Blackcats, you played a great game tonight without Jamerson most of the way and kept making plays after bad calls and injuries.

Congrats Commodores!

bac2369 Wrote:One thing about it # 1 will be a playmaker for years.

If I am not mistaken, Jarred Jarrell won the WYMT Sports OT Catch of the Night!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Oh yeah, I seen the white hat getting in his car after the game, He put the first place trophy in the passenger seat.

Losing teams blame the ref. suck it up. Bet PCC had almost double the penalty yards that Pburg had.
As bad as the refs were in this game the calls on the first two Pburg kickoffs were worse!! I mean come on guys, you are better than that!! If not for the touchdown on the second kickoff Pburg Wins this game.... Even with the horrible refs.
One last complaint on the refs... 9 secs left Pburg up by 5 and on 3rd down Perry's QB scrambles and is tackled in-bounds and time should have expired, because Perry had ZERO timeouts remaining and the refs said that Prestonsburg called a timeout.

Now why in the hell would Prestonsburg have called a timeout in that situation?!?!?
Glad Im not the only one who was wondering that same thing.
Welcome to football at Alexander Field, you better get use to it. Who were the officials tonight.
I was at the game... Good game, a little ugly the first half but then both teams got going....

IMO: Perry didn't look to good and P'burg is way over-rated......
I want to know if the roughing the passer call on 4th Down was a good call. The radio announcers stated it was a very late flag and it was 101.1 out of Hazard and they were for PCC all they way.
Congrats PCC. The better team won.
Let's all give a huge LOL for P-Burg fans blaming the officials. I guarantee Perry Central had around twice as many penalty yards than P-Burg.
Wasn't really as fun a game to watch as the score would indicate. Lots of flags called on both teams, lot of dropped passes, and many bad throws from the QBs.
Officials were awful, they seemed clueless at times.
Matt Robinson, what can I say? Hell of a game.
Perry clearly looked like the better team, they just didn't play well tonight.
Congrads to Perry on their win!...Confusedinglepar
Perry Central down 5.... with the ball on P'burg 10.... 5 sec left

4th and 3

P'Burg whole D-line jumped off-sides......

Made it ----- 1st and Goal

Perry runs the ball in for a TD with 2 sec left...

P'burg D-Line don't jump --- Ball Game......
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I want to know if the roughing the passer call on 4th Down was a good call. The radio announcers stated it was a very late flag and it was 101.1 out of Hazard and they were for PCC all they way.

I know you're not going to believe me, but it was legit.
LWC Wrote:I have to take Perry CC a little more seriously than I did before. They make some BIG claims, but they started backing them up tonight. Congratulations.

Big claims? Most of us predicted them to have a .500 season or worse.
5A school 2A school lets see the f@#$ing refs gave that to pcc
ekff Wrote:Perry Central down 5.... with the ball on P'burg 10.... 5 sec left

4th and 3

P'Burg whole D-line jumped off-sides......

Made it ----- 1st and Goal

Perry runs the ball in for a TD with 2 sec left...

P'burg D-Line don't jump --- Ball Game......

Agreed, but the entire line really did jump off sides, no question about it.
Aslan Wrote:Let's all give a huge LOL for P-Burg fans blaming the officials. I guarantee Perry Central had around twice as many penalty yards than P-Burg.
Wasn't really as fun a game to watch as the score would indicate. Lots of flags called on both teams, lot of dropped passes, and many bad throws from the QBs.
Officials were awful, they seemed clueless at times.
Matt Robinson, what can I say? Hell of a game.
Perry clearly looked like the better team, they just didn't play well tonight.

If this game was at Prestonsburg and the same calls happened against PCC they would be saying they got robbed. I did not see the game but I listened to it on 101.1 so I was getting play by play through Commodore goggles but it did sound like it was very poorly officiated. They called a lot of penalties on both teams but the penalties called in key situations seem to always go against Prestonsburg.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If this game was at Prestonsburg and the same calls happened against PCC they would be saying they got robbed. I did not see the game but I listened to it on 101.1 so I was getting play by play through Commodore goggles but it did sound like it was very poorly officiated. They called a lot of penalties on both teams but the penalties called in key situations seem to always go against Prestonsburg.

It was poorly officiated, not going to deny that. But I don't believe it was one sided. Just bad all the way around.
And when my team loses, I don't use the officials as an excuse.
The better team won tonight.
  • 1(current)
  • Next