Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville - 72 Magoffin Co. - 64
Final.
Congrats closer than expected
Congrats Paintsville. Anyone have any stats?
Man this District from top to bottom not much room for error.
Congrats P-ville. Surprised this score was so close. How did Landon do?
"ACE" Wrote:Congrats P-ville. Surprised this score was so close. How did Landon do?
people still have no respect for us nobody thinks we are a legit team this year but thats ur opionion well see what happens when pville comes to magoffin january 20th
landon slone had 11 points and wes helton led all scorers with 29 points
magoffin played well, jus didnt get huge rebounds when needed...
"#_4" Wrote:Congrats Paintsville. Anyone have any stats?
Helton scored 29 with 12 rebounds, Slone 17 with 8 rebounds. That's all I know
congrats Pville!
This was a great Game, awsome atmoshpere, There were a few bad calls but that is expected, the refs are just human, but some blocking fouls were made when they should have been charges, and If my information is correct Last nights freshman game had some real bad officating, A man I met from Pville even said the refs took it away from Magoffin, But oh well noone likes Magoffin, I've come to terms with it. But Great game MC you guys did great can't wait to watch you guys again. Good game Paintsville Did anyone get the stats on #23, and #34.
Good try MC.....IDK why almost all the refs absolutley HATE Magoffin, seriously.

The refs were awful in the 2nd half, we had at least 20 blocking fouls and prob. 15 should have been charges. But im very surprised to say that the refs were a little better in the girls game. (and they was the same refs)
Congrats Paintsville!!!
Good Win Paintsville
Closer than expected but still a win is a win
The refs were terrible as usual. Walker got pissed at BMR and took it out on Landon Slone with 2 of his 3 first half fouls being bull @#$# calls and his 4th foul, also called by Walker and within a minute in the 3rd quarter, was very questionable.

As for anyone that thinks Magoffin can't play, all I have to say is get off your lazy ass and go watch them play. They ARE a good team. Helton is a pure load inside. This team will beat a bunch of teams.

The 57th didtrict is just brutal. A 5-3 district record might win the district.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:The refs were terrible as usual. Walker got pissed at BMR and took it out on Landon Slone with 2 of his 3 first half fouls being bull @#$# calls and his 4th foul, also called by Walker and within a minute in the 3rd quarter, was very questionable.

As for anyone that thinks Magoffin can't play, all I have to say is get off your lazy ass and go watch them play. They ARE a good team. Helton is a pure load inside. This team will beat a bunch of teams.

The 57th didtrict is just brutal. A 5-3 district record might win the district.

The 57th is going to be great watching the whole year, everyone needs to come out and watch very good games, Lots of action. Great atmopshpere
Sounded like this one was a good one?
Very nice win cats!!! :rock:
31 total team fouls in the 1st half alone... very physical game... crowd was absolutely awesome... both pepe sections were going at it... great game for everyone, just wish the refs would have let them play some more
a very physical game, sum bad calls, alot of them from blocks that shoulda been charges but o well, i still dont think magoffin played to there full level, wes helton played good but there leadin scorer eric arnett was really sick and really weak, magoffin didnt block out at all, there big men did a little, but nothin to there guards, the guards had most of the rebounds, and like i said magoffin DID NOT play to there best, i think paintsville is really overrated, because magoffin didnt play at there best and still had a chance at it

congrats paintsville, and magoffin keep ur heads up cause wen they come to our court, it may and hopefully will have a different outcome
If you thought this was closes just wait til pville come to magoffin
but good win pville
well im sure the fact Landon was on the bench most of the night helped the cause but this was a sloppy game in a hostile environment... It's going to be a good game when the Tigers come to play at MC...
I garuntee if you had any refs to come and ref any game in the 57th or 15th region that was out of state and knew nothing about any teams i would absolutley garuntee that the out comes would be totaly different for alot of teams, especially MC, thats including the girls to!!!
Like it or not, Magoffin County is real this year.
"ACE" Wrote:Congrats P-ville. Surprised this score was so close. How did Landon do?

Landon Slone is a legit great player! But last night he was held in check by Brandon Shepherd. Shep's defense shut Slone down. He got a little frustrated as a result and forced a few drives to the basket which got him in foul trouble. That's the first time I've seen Slone try to force his game. Shepherd was as much a key to Magoffin's game last night as Helton.
no... Landon's fouls were because of the ref calling charges and blocks that weren't as were mostly all the fouls in the game...sad that we couldnt see how great both of these teams really are because of them... he sat out most of the game... im not sure he played any in the 3rd quarter... he had 17 points which is pretty decent for as many minutes he got... Brandon is really really good... I believe all the teams in the 57th are good this year... to bad only 2 will be in the regional tourney... I say the team representing the 15th will be from the 57th
I got this one right but I thought the score would more lopsided.
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:people still have no respect for us nobody thinks we are a legit team this year but thats ur opionion well see what happens when pville comes to magoffin january 20th
landon slone had 11 points and wes helton led all scorers with 29 points
Actaully he had 17 points....:wtf1:
It really is amazing how much credit a team can get for losing. I mean no loss is good, but I guess this is just a way to comfort yourself(MAGOFFIN FANS). Its ok, we understand....
"Webster" Wrote:It really is amazing how much credit a team can get for losing. I mean no loss is good, but I guess this is just a way to comfort yourself(MAGOFFIN FANS). Its ok, we understand....
we can give our selfs credit for barely losing one when in the past few years except most of the games last year we have got blown out by every team we played.